• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.5 /5

About Spendwise

Spendwise is an affordable easy-to-use online system that helps you control spending saving you time and money.

Learn more about Spendwise

Brittney T.
Marketing Events Coordinator
Wireless, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2017

"basic needs"

Comments: organization and communication was key when communicating with my co-workers on multiple projects. This helped us keep all of our orders in one location so that if one of us was not present that the others would know what had been ordered.

Pros: It allowed us to keep vendors saved for future use. We were able to reference different orders to the PO numbers. It allowed us to continue to reference old PO's to see what transaction happened that had taken place before our hire.

Cons: The search engine was very specific. If we were looking for drawstring bags and it was entered in as draw string bags the search field wouldn't find it. I wish that a bit more information about the order would appear in the list screen. We would place multiple orders in a day from the same vendor. If we were searching for a particular item but the search feature didn't pull it up we would have to search through the many PO's from that particular vendor click in and closing out each one until we find the right one. Where if there was a column that showed the notes or possibly 1 line item in the PO that would help find things quicker.

by Officewise on 04/08/2017

Thank you for your feedback Brittney. Agree that we need to improve search functionality and it is on our "to do" list.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2017
Meredith D.
Regional Director of Marketing & PR
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2017

"Overall, Officewise is easy to use and a helps keep our purchase orders organized for 23 locations!"

Pros: The software is very user-friendly. Easy keyword searches on past purchase orders. You can copy previous purchase orders and resubmit with minor changes, so it makes PO entry quick. You can give everyone in a department access to see past PO's of other

Cons: We have had trouble with the approval process. You can select multiple approvers in the PO, but rather than going to the next approver, our POs will go back to the original person submitting the PO each time an approver approves.

by Officewise on 13/12/2017

Thank you for your feedback Meredith! Not sure why PO would be going back to the original person submitting the PO each time an approver approves. Will follow-up with you directly to help resolve.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2017
Susan M.
Inventory Control Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2017

"I was new to Officewise and had very little training. In no time I was up and running!"

Comments: I can track the expense and purchases for each location

Pros: Very easy to use and negotiate your way around the software. I also like being able to customize the dashboard.

Cons: You can not print a detailed PO from your dashboard once it is approved. You have to go to Home then Purchase Orders, search for the PO then print them. Wish there was a quicker way to do this.

by Officewise on 18/12/2017

Thank you for your feedback Susan! Once a PO is approved you should be able to click on a link in the approval notification that will take you directly to the approved PO where you can print it. From the list of POs you can also set filters to see only those purchase orders where you are the requisitioner which may make it easier to find POs. I will follow-up with you to further discuss these solutions and how we can improve.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Ashley D.
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2017

"Love Officewise"

Pros: Website is very easy to use and self explanatory. You can easily save POs, convert to PDF, search for past POs. The latest update has also added quite a few new and great features.

Cons: The only Con or feature I wish could be added is a list of projects so that you can allocate which PO belongs to which project.

by Officewise on 17/05/2017

Thank you for your review. For project tracking we recommend using the "Tag" field on the purchase order. You can then run purchase order tag reports to see which PO belongs to which project. I will follow-up with you directly to show how this can be done.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2017
Heather R.
General Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2017

"Great product"

Pros: The software is easy to use and the approval process is very easy. Being able to see the status of PO's is also very nice

Cons: There are two lines for entering expenses which seems redundant. It would be nice to only have one line for each expense

by Officewise on 26/07/2017

Thank you for your review! There should only be one line for entering expenses followed by optional accounting detail fields below which you can hide if you want. I will follow-up with you directly to make sure I understand your feedback and show you how to hide accounting detail fields and otherwise discuss how we can improve.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2017
Administrator
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2017

"track POs with ease"

Comments: we didn't have a customizable PO system before officewise

Pros: the filter and sort fields make it easy to find any Purchase Order quickly. The ability to email a PO straight to the vendor cuts down on repetitive actions!

Cons: When I close a PO I would like the screen to refresh to the main PO list instead of having to close out of the closed PO screen.

by Officewise on 09/12/2017

Thank you for your feedback. To end up on the main PO list page after closing a purchase order we recommend closing the purchase order from the list page which you can do by checking the box next to the purchase order, then click on the More button at the top of the list, then click on Close option. This feature also allows you to close multiple purchase orders at a time. Hope this helps.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2017
Glen F.
COO
Computer Networking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2017

"Great, easy to use & affordable"

Comments: Love the software. Version 2.0 is awesome. Just wish it have the ability to do quote versions & track cost inside of a quote without having to create an inventory item.

Pros: Easy to use, many many features

Cons: Can't revision quotes without losing old quote. Wish I could put costs in quote for my own tracking.

by Officewise on 30/03/2017

Thank you for your feedback Glen! I have some ideas about how to revise and track versions of quotes as well as track cost without having to create an inventory item. Also would like to better understand the issue to see how we can improve going forward. Will reach out to you to further discuss.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2017
Tyler D.
General Manager
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2018

"great"

Pros: I like how it self generates pos, emails orders, tracks everything very nicely, very user friendly!!

Cons: I really cant think of a con other than when you email someone they can't reply back to you unless they have your email. when they reply to the order it goes to officewise email account.

by Ryan on 20/06/2018

Thank you for your feedback Tyler! We recently updated the system so that if you reply to an email received through the system it will always go back to the person who first sent it instead of to an Officewise email account.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2018
Anthony P.
Business owner
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2017

"This is by far the easiest software to maintain my accounts"

Comments: Keeping track of all my customers and weekly invoices with ease.

Pros: The ease of the software, the format, the great customer service and it's one hundred percent dependable.

Cons: There's really nothing I can say that I don't like. Maybe the only thing that needs to be adjusted is the font size of the initial layout. But of course, that's something you can adjust on your own.......

• Reviewed on 09/06/2017
Will M.
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2016

"Purchase Order Program Success Using OfficeWise"

Comments: We use Officewise daily for purchase order management and vendor interaction. The old process was slow and it required many steps, with Officewise we took our purchasing department from 4 to 1 staff member because of the ease of use, speed and overall management efficiencies we gained. Officewise has saved us money!!!!

Pros: ease of use

Cons: some of the reporting

Diandra D.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2019

"Great for beginners"

Comments: Great for small businesses, probably wouldn't recommend for companies with thousands of accounts as it can get tricky managing multiple purchase orders at once, however, it's definitely been a huge time saver and game changer.

Pros: I got this software because I opened my own small clothing business and needed a way to track all my invoicing and POs. I much prefer it over excel, I find it much more organized and easier to use when tracking expenses and invoicing. It definitely helps me save time at the end of every month because everything is organized and I don't need to go back through multiple saved documents trying to sort and figure everything out

Cons: I hope you don't need to void or delete anything - it can become incredibly complicated. Also the ability to print multiple POs would be helpful.

by Officewise on 17/05/2019

Thank you for your feedback.

To preserve transaction history currently the system does not allow for deleting saved purchase orders. You can void saved purchase orders by going back to the purchase order and clicking on Void under the More button. The system works the same for saved invoices and other transactions.

The system does allow you to print multiple purchase orders at a time as follows:

1- Log into your account and navigate to list of purchase orders

2- Check box to left of any purchase order you want to print

3- Click on More button at top of list and then click on PDF Print in the dropdown

Once you complete steps above a pdf with all the purchase orders you selected will be generated which you can then save and/or print.

We are always looking for ways to improve the system so I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss and see what we can do better.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2019
Keri M.
Hatchery Manager
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2017

"works good for my application"

Pros: What I like most about the software is the online accessibility (being able to access from anywhere), ease of use, and the owl logo.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2017
Larry L.
Sr. IT Support Analyst
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"Office Wise site"

Comments: Officewise has a great web interface and is easy to navigate. It keeps all purchase requisitions in order and is easy to search.

Pros: Easy to navigate

Cons: Some scaling issues when printing.

by Officewise on 02/11/2016

Thank you for your feedback Larry. I think the scaling issues you mention have to do with browser settings. I will follow-up with you directly to help resolve.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2016
Kevin S.
Research Scientist
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2017

"Officewise has been a good way to improve our PO and ordering system. Seems to streamline things"

Pros: Having the order history saved and being able to call up previous items. Also, having the ability to look at old purchase orders and see what has been fulfilled

Cons: It's difficult to correct a mistake on an item once it's entered. Also having to approve an order that you personally ordered seems redundant.

by Officewise on 14/12/2017

Thank you for your feedback Kevin! The system should allow you to correct any mistakes on an item within the PO while you are creating it or by editing the item record and there are a few different ways you can make it so that you don't have to approve your own orders. I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss and see what we can do to improve.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2017
Wide Area Network Administrator / Project Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2017

"Overall this has been a great tool for purchase order tracking."

Comments: For the cost benefit it has been a useful tool.

Pros: It has been a great too for tracking the cost of products and services purchased for projects. I have utilized it extensively for some time now and am happy with it's performance as an end user.

Cons: The search function in the items module could be a little better defined and allow for searching for a portion of a name or part number.

Dana R.
Payroll/HR Admin
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Fantastic Accounting Software"

Comments: This system has allowed us to be better organized and increase our approval time for paying invoices.

Pros: One of my favorite features with this software are with its bills and expenses. We have over 50 locations, it makes it easy to manage the expenses and obtain approval to pay these since the owners are able to approve it electronically. The inventory function is also wonderful with tracking our IT inventory. It has allowed us to log everything and we have cut down on expenses since we can actually see what we have on hand without having to do a physical count.

Cons: We are still new to this software but so far I do not have any complaints other than the just taking the time to learn a new software.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Jack F.
Client Services Manager
Environmental Services
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016

"Opinion on sales order"

Comments: Works fine. Needs a keep me signed in box
Overall quality is good. Can easily work all the drop down menus. Stores customers information which is nice to have to create every time

Pros: Creating sales order and drop down menu. Hold customer name which is nice not to have to create each time

Cons: Doesn't stay logged in
Make it easier to save and do new sales order after you finished one
Needs to hold more customer names

by Officewise on 21/09/2016

Thank you for your feedback. The system should allow you to stay logged in if you want as well as save a sales order and create a new one at once by clicking the "Save & New" button. The system should also allow you to save an unlimited number of customer names. I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss and resolve.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2016
Christian R.
R&D Specialust
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2017

"Officewise has been easy to use"

Comments: It is an easy process for a large company with a lot of orders

Pros: I like that it saves prior purchases and details. It is also easy to see where your order is being held up and notifies you when it has been sent all the way through.

Cons: I least like that if you make a simple change to an old order you have to make a whole new product.

by Officewise on 29/09/2017

Thank you for your feedback Christian. You should not have to make a whole new product if you make a change to an order so not sure why this is happening but will follow-up with you directly to help resolve.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2017
Business Owner
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2019

"Helps me to manage my business spending."

Pros: A really ground tool to budget your office spending. I started with the free trial and then later segued into a paid program that was more than reasonably priced for my small budget. The software is all online based, so there's nothing to download or install. Everything is managed on the internet. And while I don't have the best nor quickest internet connection, I can still use this product with ease. Using this product helps with the administration of our paperwork so I'm free to get to the business of earning money and working in the field. I've heard they're expanding their offerings. I'm looking forward to what more they'll be able to do for me in the future!

Cons: Well, on the few times my internet has been down I couldn't access my account because it's all internet based. That's only a problem for me due to my rural location. The majority of users are better located than me. Other than that, I have no issues.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2019
Latasha S.
Operations Administrator
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2017

"Great online software for small to large companies"

Pros: Easy, non-complex for the end-user. Very organized and easy to find what you were looking for to create a PO.

Cons: The only con we had using the software was the limited availability for the free user. We ended up using a different software that was free with full function.

Juli H.
Site Manager
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2017

"Officewise Review"

Comments: Two issues I have with Officewise. I have to modify scans to upload them. From color to grey scale. I feel the system should be accepting of both. I wish the system would allow modifications to an invoice, should we notice and error. In stead of having to wait for a month plus for a company to reject it.

by Officewise on 24/04/2017

Thank you for your feedback Juli. You should be able to upload any scanned files and make modifications to invoices whenever you want. I will followup with you directly to make sure we understand the issues and implement any necessary fixes as soon as possible.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2017
Ed B.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2016

"Great software for small business"

Comments: easy to use, and update, and a great way to keep track of inventory would recommend to anyone, can be customized for any size business

Pros: ease of access

Cons: could use a space for costumer telephone number

by Officewise on 28/09/2016

Thank you for your feedback Ed! There should be a field for customer phone number on the customer contact form, I will follow-up with you to make sure we understand and resolve any issues.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2016
Michelle A.
Financial Advisor
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2018

"It handle my accounting accounting activities perfectly!"

Pros: It so easy to use and all features are so functional! The most i like here is it can handle my accounting activities and also good in making solution because of all is so tranparency. It also good for busines man/woman!

Cons: The least is it always demand internet connection and it a little bit difficult to use for first timer. You need a lil time to search and watch tutorial.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2018
Kim V.
Accounting
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2016

"Great product, easy to use."

Comments: The software is easy to use. It helped keep our PO system organized and easily shareable within our office .

Pros: Easy to use.
Everything located in one area.

Cons: Price

Zoey H.
Supply Chain Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"hard to work with"

Pros: offer free trial, customer support does reply to email even though they offer no help, i do not have anything good to say about them

Cons: required a lot of manual key-in, support is next to none, cannot delete data once uploaded, be aware

by Ryan on 15/05/2018

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with Officewise and wish we could have done more to help. Soon after you signed up for our 30-day free trial I sent you an email with my direct contact information and offered to help however I could. You responded indicating that you were having some difficulty with the system and I promptly replied and offered to get on the phone to help. A few days later you got back to me indicating that you were still having the same problem and I again offered to get on the phone to help but you refused. Our system allows you to import any setup data you wish (e.g. accounts, contacts, items…) so you don’t have to manually enter it and we are happy to help with this. Our system also allows you to delete records you upload as long as you don’t link to other records and while you cannot delete records that you have linked to other records it is easy to purge record data from the system which I would still be glad to help you do.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018