• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5

About Itemize

Fast receipt scanning and easy expense reporting on the go or in the office. Don't settle for standard. Itemize.

Learn more about Itemize

Arshard A.
Chief Accountant
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2019

"The best finance manager"

Comments: When trying to handle year end taxes Itemize can come in handy. every transaction is stored in your personal folder, which comes in handy use when generating reports. Also, you can store all your receipts hereafter, there is no fear of losing any or hoarding a 100s of papers anymore. This makes finance managing very easy.

Pros: I need not save a bunch of receipts anymore for any unpredictable situations. I can just save it in the app, and if ever needed I can show use the pictures to show in stores and exchange my orders etc. Managing the expenses have become easier as I can enter the pictures easily into the expenses log.

Cons: The app sometimes crashes, which though is not a major drawback sometimes can be frustrating especially when you are in a hurry. And the categories are preset, sometimes we the users might prefer adding in their own categories.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2019
June G.
Retired Educational Administrator
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Love this program!"

Comments: I believe it’s a little expensive, as I only use it for my household expenses. I am retired so I do not have business expenses. I would love a little bit of a discount next year if possible .

Pros: The spreadsheets I can print at the end of the year!

Cons: Some of the glitches are frustrating, such as entering the type of expense, any title with the first letter higher than an L is not showing up right now!

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Chris C.
Administrative Support
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2018

"Itemize review"

Comments: Our accounting department has used this product extensively to save us time as we go through invoices. We no longer need to have an associate enter every invoice we have. We are able to significantly cut our time on this task.

Pros: This software helps parse data from receipts, invoices, and the like, and I love that there is a software that can do all of this automatically for me.

Cons: The API has caused some issues for our company, but we have been able to get great help from customer service, and our IT personnel have been able to quickly implement their assistance.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2018
Ramon V.
Real Estate Agent
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2018

"I like the app and use it to help me be more efficient with my time."

Comments: Efficiency and productivity

Pros: I like the ease of taking a photo of my receipts and having the app autofill the vendor and amount.

Cons: I do not like not being able to select pre-determined categories. I'd like a way to have a drop down of available categories to choose from.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2018
Paul B.
2-10 Employees

"Itemize is pretty good"

Comments: Had some customer support issues when they were transitioning me from the original version to the new one and they weren't as responsive initially. It got better and the people I did talk to to get my account fixed were friendly and helpful. App itself is pretty good though it does have the capability to freeze up on occasion when trying to save a receipt. Don't love the subscription model, but it is what it is. I wish that Itemize would do better at automatically categorizing charges that are processed through Square, PayPal, etc when I forward the email to them. They don't track it back to the vendor, but instead it gets listed as Square/PayPal/other payment processor. It's funny because I forward my Itemize invoice that comes via email, and Itemize doesn't even recognize that it is an Itemize bill. Anyways, I think there is room for improvement, but it mostly serves my purposes pretty well which is saving my receipts for my business and categorizing them.

Pros: Quick, much better reading capability (OCR), pretty simple.

Cons: Recognize the emailed payment processing better -- so we see the actual vendor and not "Square". Wish there was a little more reporting/summarizing capabilities.

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the great review. Unfortunately with the automatic processing on digital receipts, we have to use the email address and logo from the original e-mail forwarded, this is something we hope to change in the future. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

Herbert B.
Retired Chief Information Officer

"Been longing for you!"

Comments: Great tool! Had a few kinks in the beginning with totaling, but they were resolved. I would love to be able to add check deposits. I use it to keep track of expenses as well as deposits. It is my ACCOUNTING software. I see so much potential with this tool. Would be nice to add manual expenses as well. Perhaps that's available in an upgrade Version. I don't know. Anyway, I love it. It is much, much better than manual entries all the time. And pretty accurate. I''m impressed!

Pros: It's pretty accurate and easy to use.

Cons: Can't capture check or money order deposits. Have to manually manipulate entry to appear as a deposit. My deposits are not factored into the totals.

by Itemize on 28/10/2016

Thanks so much for the great review! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at [email protected]

Cara D.
Property owner
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2018

"I am a basic user needing a place to store receipts and create reports for tax purposes."

Pros: The app is easy to use and I can put my receipt in as soon as I make a purchase for quick categorizing, Reports were simple once I figured out what I needed

Cons: Sometimes the app loses connectivity and I have to take a picture of the receipt again, screen for custom reporting is not that simple for a basic user, but I am a programmer so the wizard wasn't that difficult for me, however some people may not find it that easy

• Reviewed on 16/03/2018
Christopher T.
College and Career Counselor
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

"Itemize Tank"

Comments: Pretty well thought out. Few bugs regarding interface but not terrible. Mostly in the way it works with Excel or Google Sheets.

Pros: Tracking of expenses helps a lot.

Cons: Interface between programs.

Scott P.
Principle
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Best Expense Tracker I have found"

Comments: This has really helped me out tremendously keeping receipts straight / assigned to the correct job and printing professional looking expense reports.

Pros: The best thing is the camera capture and OCR, you take a photo, it automatically loads into the app and starts to extract the data. I would say that 8.5-9 times of 10 the data extraction is prefect, yes every once in a while you need to clarify some data points, but I think that's to be expected with these type of application.

Cons: Logging into the website.. Sometimes its easier to work on the full website to modify / print large reports, but the login portal isn't the easiest to find.

Stephen F.
General Manager
Construction

"Itemize APP review"

Comments: Found this app and thought it would assist me in organizing my daily expenses. For the most part, it fulfills by needs. Biggest problem for me is printing out reports - so far have had no luck with this aspect. Will continue using until end of year and if it assists my tax preparations, then I will continue to use into 2017.

Pros: Ease of use and convenience of having it on my phone

Cons: Difficult to filter expenses and print reports

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for help with your reports!

Nate K.
Business Owner
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2016

"Awesome and Must Have!"

Comments: Can't live without this app. Great for my business! I use this for all of my expenses. Recommend for everyone.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

by Itemize on 13/10/2016

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

• Reviewed on 13/10/2016
Rafael M.
Electrician
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Very happy with this app"

Comments: I run an electrical business, so I have a lot of expenses throughout the year and itemize Able to keep track of everything. My tax guy loves it.

Pros: The fact that I don’t have to save receipts anymore the app does everything for me

Cons: Everything is working good for me at this point

Fayez K.
Financial Services

"Use it every day"

Comments: I use this app every day. Business receipts. Personal. Dinner. The search of restaurant and gas stations. Sometimes crashes and lags but I use this app every day

Pros: Easy to use. Organize your receipts and always be able to go back and see image of that receipt

Cons: Sometimes crashes

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your crashed and will send them to our development team! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Corey L.
Real Estate Agent
Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2016

"Solid app...I recommend it"

Comments: I've been using it for a few years now. Solid product and easy to use on the go. It'll keep get track of your records with just a snapshot.

Pros: The ease of use. Being able to take a snapshot and have it captured is best because the more time I can save the better

Cons: I don't have any problems with this app.

by Itemize on 05/10/2016

Great to hear you are pleased with your Itemize experience! If you ever have any problems, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help you!

Andrew W.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees

"Quick and Easy"

Comments: No more paper. I click photo my invoices and receipts, wait a few seconds, then mostly all the info is there. Usually all that's needed is a description of what the receipt or invoice was for.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: I can only take a photo of 1 page of and invoice or receipt.

Ron L.
Owner DMS Services

"Tax Man Loves it"

Comments: Very easy to use, and my tax person loves it, simply the best app to use to track a busy guy like me which travels all over the US for business. Its truly a GREAT app.

Pros: easy to use, easy to fine a receipt, nicely labeled.

Cons: NONE yet

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Steven N.
Broker
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Very good, great."

Pros: It is all mobile, I take my phone everywhere. I have done this once for my ten dollar gift card and I do not have a Linkden account and do not want one.

Cons: I think you should have a crop option for the receipts. I always take my picture of my receipts on my steering wheel.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Eric K.
Senior Business Analyst

"Works as advertised!"

Comments: I've used Itemize for a little over a year and couldn't be more please with it. Occasionally I need to edit the type of transaction but all other information is pulled from the receipt with very few errors. Great software!

Pros: Information pulled from receipt is very accurate. Easy to use.

Cons: Sometimes it times out before loading the picture. This could be network related though.

Francesca S.
IBO
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"Useful Application for Business Owners"

Comments: Really useful app. I do not have to save all my physical receipts for business expenses. I can just take a picture and export it as a table with the total of all expenses at the bottom. It saves me time.

Pros: The export feature as a spreadsheet of all expenses

Cons: I do not like how I cannot see all the receipts for the year when I scroll down. Only when I export the spreadsheet.

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! You should be able to continue scrolling to see receipts throughout the year, it just takes a moment or two to pull in your older receipts. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

• Reviewed on 02/11/2016
Joseph S.
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2016

"I'm hard to please....."

Comments: For a long time I needed an app to record, track and keep all of my important receipts in order. I went through the usual routine finding and deleting apps that didn't meet my needs. All of that changed the first time I opened the Itemize app. The pictures are sharp and provide an exact record of my transaction. I really like the many editing options that allow me to customize each transaction. It is amazingly simple to use, incredibly reliable and processes each transaction quickly. When I lost a receipt from Target I was able to return the item without any problem. Target simply scanned the barcode on the picture that I had taken of the receipt. I can do without a lot of apps on my iPhone and iPad, but Itemize will never be one of them. I use it so often that it is positioned on my homepage on both devices. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

by Itemize on 05/10/2016

We are pleased to hear about your experience with Itemize! If you ever do have an issue, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be happy to help you!

Karen H.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2016

"Itemize - My lifesaver!"

Comments: This app is seriously the easiest and most convenient receipt tracking software I have used. No more lost receipts or having to keep annoying little bits of paper and my accountant is VERY pleased with me now too. Thank you Itemize!!

Pros: Convenience and accuracy

Cons: I haven't haven't come across anything I don't like yet.

by Itemize on 12/10/2016

• Reviewed on 11/10/2016
Heather D.
Veterinarian
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2018

"Have used this product for a couple years to keep my receipts organized and very easy to use"

Pros: Ease of use and simple to navigate. Not time consuming in order to get my receipts organized and imputed into the system especially if it is a long receipt that you do not think the system will be able to accurately read and upload

Cons: Having to pay a fee monthly, that it sometimes does not recognize the name of some of the major stores off the receipt

• Reviewed on 05/05/2018
Adrina P.
Veterinary, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2016

"Still Needs a Few Tweeks"

Comments: The customer service is "top notch". Issue...I had some records disappear from the iPhone app. I really wish I would have had an explaination of what caused this glitch. Pretty happy with the app but I often wonder it I will have records disappear again.

Pros: It's on the mobile phone

Cons: A few records disappeared

by Itemize on 28/10/2016

Thanks so much for the great review, if the receipt actually is submitted to Itemize the receipt is not lost, sometimes connectivity issues exist and the receipt is submitted and processed it should never disappear, if they do please reach out to us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 27/10/2016
Misty F.
Telecommunications, Self Employed

"Great program!"

Comments: I have been using Itemize for about a year and a half now and I love it! It's so easy to use and a great way to keep my receipts on file for my husband's business. It was easy at the end of the year to use the reports to track expenses. I highly recommend!

Pros: ease of use, reports

Ron G.

"It just works!"

Comments: I use itemize set up with my email address.
For large or important purchases, I find it valuable to be able to store an image of reciepts that I may need to access later. It is easy to scan a store purchase and the Itemize app automatically reads the information and records the amounts and store info. Just take a picture and the app does the rest.
I am often amazed that a new receipt just shows up, and I am notified!
If I make an online purchase or have a receipt emailed to me then it just works. No scanning or action needed, it just happens.
I am sure there are more things this app could do, but I cannot think of anything I would need from this exceptional receipt recording app.
I have not contacted support. No need to.