• Overall

About Itemize

Fast receipt scanning and easy expense reporting on the go or in the office. Don't settle for standard. Itemize.

Learn more about Itemize

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Itemize before?

John C.
John C.
Evangelist in US
Religious Institutions, Self Employed

Awesome program for those self employed

5 5 years ago

Comments: As a traveling evangelist, I cannot keep files with me at all times. Itemize has helped my expense tracking majorly. I can take a photo of my receipt, categorize it and move on. And, come tax season I can quickly and easily run reports for my deductions. I highly recommend it for anyone who constantly finds themselves spending hours tracking paper copies of receipts and then spending countless hours at tax season calculating. The price you pay for it is way less than you'd pay an accountant and the savings in deductions make the program pay for itself.

5 years ago

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

Lauren K.
Sales Manager in US
Education Management, Self Employed

Easy to get organized

5 5 years ago

Comments: Love the ease of uploading receipts. Wish the interface for tagging was a little easier. I have multiple businesses. I haven't yet figured out how to categorize per business. I also haven't figured out yet how to create categories to track spending. That would be a cool addition! (Maybe that capability is already there and I just haven't found it yet.)

Pros:

It is really simple and easy to upload receipts.

Cons:

I want more flexibility in usage. I would like to be able to designate receipts to more than one business. I would also like to utilize this app simply as a way to track spending in categories.

5 years ago

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your suggestions and will send them to our development team! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Lai p R.
President in US
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

General Receipt Records

4 5 years ago

Comments: Use program solely for recording receipts at time & convenience of recording to expense categories is adequate for the needs. Anymore complicated than that have not explored.

Pros:

Convenient at time to quickly take copy of receipts log into expense category

Cons:

The system shuts down often

5 years ago

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your suggestions and would love additional input as to what you mean on "picking up categories off sales receipts" as our system should be identifying categories of all known merchants in our system. Please contact us at [email protected] with additional information!

Brent B.
Regional Sales Manager in US
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees

Very easy to use and inexpensive!

4 5 years ago

Comments: For the most part, Itemize is exactly what I need and also my company. We are pretty small right now and the expense reports that I generate from Itemize look neat and very professional. I would like to see a larger camera area because I always have to use widescreen function all the time to make sure I capture the entire image but it's definitely not a deal killer. I'd definitely recommend Itemize for your expense reporting. I've used other products that cost more in the past and you don't get what you pay for like you do with Itemize!

Pros:

1. Ease of use 2. Cost to features ratio 3. Professional looking 4. I like the fact it pulls receipts from my email and automatically inserts them. 5. Can complete my entire expense report on my I phone

Cons:

1. Would like to learn more about the camera feature. I've had to retake receipt photos because it didn't capture the whole image like it seemed.

5 years ago

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for future any suggestions or questions you may have!

Christopher S.
Vice President in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Great way to save time and money

4 5 years ago

Comments: We utilize itemize for our construction receipts and it has worked great to save time from getting the information easily from the field to the office. This was well worth the investment.

Pros:

The easy user interface that accurately codes all of our receipts and POs.

Cons:

We really wish that the software could export information directly into Quick books Contractor version.

5 years ago

Thanks for the great review! We will look at the Quickbooks Contractor version and see how we can better integrate with that software. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Joshua W.
Independent Claims Adjuster in US
Insurance Software, 10,000+ Employees

Love it, great app and value

5 5 years ago

Comments: Works great my only recommendation is snap your receipt asap. Don't let them pile up. I've found if you let the receipt get worn it is hard to read.

Pros:

Good recognition

5 years ago

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Great app for personal & business receipt organization and expense management

5 6 years ago

Comments: This is a great app for anyone needing anything from simple organization of expenses and budgeting up to team expense reimbursement and reporting. You can use the iOS/Android app or their website. A number of new features have been added over the past few months, including integrations with accounting tools, and I have not yet tried everything. And nothing beats their turnaround on processing paper receipts. I get mine back, fully processed, about 15 seconds after I snap a picture in the app!

Pros:

Near real-time digitizing of paper receipts snapped in the app -- instant gratification (& feedback). Great reports, with filters to allow specific selections/filters. Expense reports that show clean images along with tabular data layout. Reasonable cost. Fast.

Itemize Corp. Response

Dean M.
IT Director in US
Construction

Good program

4 5 years ago

Comments: We've been using this app for a while and upgraded to the full version. It's been a mostly solid app that is flexible. Tech support is good. It's helped us keep better track of spending.

Pros:

Easy to use and flexible.

Cons:

Get A bit buggy sometimes and doesn't always recognized vendors.

Christian H.
designer in US
Design, 2-10 Employees

Saves Time & Money!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Itemize works great and has saved a lot of time and money for me.

Pros:

Itemize has been beyond wonderful for tracking my expenses. I can easily do it on my phone and computer so its super easy to organize my receipts.

Cons:

I do wish the mobile app has more features to it for sorting receipts but we are still pleased with it.

Mark F.
FINANCE DIRECTOR in US
Automotive, 11-50 Employees

GREAT TOTAL BUSINESS RECEIPTS

4 5 years ago

Comments: So far , this program works great, with easy functionality. I keep track of business expenses and know what I am spending. Thank you Itemize

Pros:

EASY TO USE AND KEEPING TRACK OF ITEMS IN CASE OF IRS AUDITS

Cons:

how TO RECEIVE EMAILS WITH COPIES OF RECEIPTS

5 years ago

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for any problems or suggestions you may have!

Armin M.
Marketer in US

I love the Itemize App

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, made my life much easier and would recommend to anyone who wants to personally use it.

Pros:

I use Itemize personally and it has made my life much easier.

Cons:

What I like the least is that sometimes the app is lagging, at least on my phone but I understand this can be normal with any app.

Scott P.
Principle in US
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Best Expense Tracker I have found

5 3 years ago

Comments: This has really helped me out tremendously keeping receipts straight / assigned to the correct job and printing professional looking expense reports.

Pros:

The best thing is the camera capture and OCR, you take a photo, it automatically loads into the app and starts to extract the data. I would say that 8.5-9 times of 10 the data extraction is prefect, yes every once in a while you need to clarify some data points, but I think that's to be expected with these type of application.

Cons:

Logging into the website.. Sometimes its easier to work on the full website to modify / print large reports, but the login portal isn't the easiest to find.

Fayez K.
US
Financial Services Software

Use it every day

5 5 years ago

Comments: I use this app every day. Business receipts. Personal. Dinner. The search of restaurant and gas stations. Sometimes crashes and lags but I use this app every day

Pros:

Easy to use. Organize your receipts and always be able to go back and see image of that receipt

Cons:

Sometimes crashes

5 years ago

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your crashed and will send them to our development team! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Christopher H.
Asset manager in US
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees

Itemize Makes Tracking Expenses Easy and Fun

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The interface is easy and intuitive, the upload and processing speeds are fast, and the accuracy is fantastic.

Cons:

While I do not have any major complaints, the ability to capture tips is inconsistent, although that may be more due to my handwriting. However, filling that in manually is easy.

Karen H.
President in Australia
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Itemize - My lifesaver!

5 5 years ago

Comments: This app is seriously the easiest and most convenient receipt tracking software I have used. No more lost receipts or having to keep annoying little bits of paper and my accountant is VERY pleased with me now too. Thank you Itemize!!

Pros:

Convenience and accuracy

Cons:

I haven't haven't come across anything I don't like yet.

Heather D.
Veterinarian in US

Have used this product for a couple years to keep my receipts organized and very easy to use

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use and simple to navigate. Not time consuming in order to get my receipts organized and imputed into the system especially if it is a long receipt that you do not think the system will be able to accurately read and upload

Cons:

Having to pay a fee monthly, that it sometimes does not recognize the name of some of the major stores off the receipt

Thaddeus P.
Landlord in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Simply excellent and a time saver!!!!!!

5 5 years ago

Comments: Been using this almost a year and love it!! Saves me a lot of time and the fee is well worth the value of being so organized for my business at tax time! Totally awesome! Hope they can integrate it to quicken soon as well!!!!

Pros:

Saves me considerable time And the images have been accepted at some retail stores for returns!

Cons:

Does not integrate with quicken rental properties for me so I have to transfer totals myself for that software

5 years ago

Thanks so much for the great review! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at [email protected]

Ted D.
Photographer in US
Photography, 2-10 Employees

Fast, Accurate, & Automated Expense Tool

5 5 years ago

Comments: The Itemize app has been the best expense tracker I've come across. I can just snap a picture of my paper receipt, and in less than 30 seconds all the important expense info has been accurately captured. Did I mention, I only had to snap a photo? No manual entry! Has been great in helping me track monthly spend and keeping all paper and digital documents in one place. I finally feel organized!

Alan S.
Owner in US
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

Overall, not bad.

4 5 years ago

Comments: Does what it needs to do for my company but could be a bit more accurate. Seems a bit slow or sluggish in load, searching.

Pros:

that it saves all my receipts

Cons:

Slow to load, process, reports are not good

5 years ago

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! As with any automatic process, servers can be slower during peak hours but we are working to improve the speed and are comparatively faster than most apps in this market. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

Jennifer H.
Sales in US

Itemize has saved me hours & hours of time working on expense reports and receipts!!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

It is easy to use and affordable. It is the only app I have found that meets all my needs. It actually exceeded my expectations, the report function is something I didn't think I needed until I used it on Itemize.

Cons:

I have a hard time finding a con on this app but I guess the only thing is that sometimes the photos of receipts are a little fuzzy.

Jason C.
Founder/ Libations Marketing Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great App for Tracking Expenses

4 5 years ago

Comments: Itemize is quick and easy and allows me to track my receipts almost effortlessly. I highly recommend to any business owner.

Pros:

Ease of use, ability to quickly save info from my receipts.

Cons:

Camera doesn't always pick up the info from the receipt and I have to key it in manually.

Miguel G.
Senior Programmer in Mexico
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees

Know on what are you using your money.

4 2 years ago

Comments: Sometimes you just buy a lot of things thinking you get a great deal, but afterwards you know it wasn't the case, you just wasted a lot of money without realizing, itemize will let you know how much have you been using and on what exactly, if you are trying to cut expenses, this is a nice app.

Pros:

Itemize it's a great way to know what are you paying for and if the price is good or not, or maybe you just want to get data of all the money you are using on what you buy. All you have to do is take a photo of a receipt, and you will get all the info for all the items on it. Pretty cool, huh?

Cons:

It takes a little while to load the data of the items, maybe between 10 and 30 seconds. I think it could be faster.

Richard L.
Owner in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Reliable service from Itemize

4 5 years ago

Comments: I found the Itemize site to be very useful in keeping my expenses in order. Especially when I have to submit yearly reports to my accountant in the format he prefers. Excellent service.

Pros:

It's easy to use.

Cons:

Sometimes it doesn't read the recipts accurately.

Heather C.
Consultant in US

Overall very easy to keep track of experiences.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use and great for staying organized with expenses. I like taking a picture of the receipts for proper storage and then having the spreadsheet option.

Cons:

Sometimes isn't consistent and will change categories after they have been saved so I have to go back and save again. Don't like how tax is calculated separately.

Johnna Z.
Insurance Broker in US
Insurance Software, 2-10 Employees

Love it! Keeps my expenses documented and safe until I need them.

5 5 years ago

Comments: Love that this app tracks and scans all my expenses. Easy to learn, use and no more boxes of fading papers!

Pros:

scans and stores my important receipts for personal and business

Cons:

doesn't always recognize the name of the business and I have to manually input.