• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About CHEQROOM

Take full control of your assets with CHEQROOMs easy-to-use, innovative equipment management software.

Learn more about CHEQROOM

Judi W.
Managing Partner
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2021

"Equipment Management"

Comments: CheqRoom has been pretty convenient. While the mobile version is not quite as reliable as the desktop version, it serves it's purpose. We get a lot of use out of it.

Pros: I Like the feature of the QR code scanning. It completely eliminates the need for paperwork. I can always get through cheqroom quickly versus the time I would spend working on a spreadsheet, otherwise. Plus, it keeps up with everything in realtime so you can not beat the accuracy.

Cons: The mobile software does not always work as well as the desktop version works. It tends to be a little buggy and just randomly closes. Also, it tends to get irritating that the time on the due date always has to be reset.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2021
Boyd P.
Director Of Operations
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2019

"CheqRoom helps track equipment with minimal effort"

Comments: We are using this software to track video equipment with a group of freelance professionals. It is important to know where the equipment is and not have any double-bookings. Cheqroom has worked well in this regard.

Pros: I have been looking for different asset management software and have found that Cheqroom is really good at getting up and going quickly. It is great at finding asset pictures online so uploading isn't necessary.

Cons: The mobile software is buggy and doesn't seem to work exactly like the desktop version. Most of the freelancers seem to get confused with the assets and not always being able to find them. I generally have them use the Desktop version even though it is sometimes less convenient.

by CHEQROOM on 20/05/2019

Hi Boyd,

Hope you're well and thanks for reviewing CHEQROOM!

I'm happy to hear you've been enjoying it overall, but would like to learn more about your mobile app experience to see how we can improve it. :-)

Hope to talk soon!
Mathilde

• Reviewed on 02/05/2019
Andrew T.
Instructor of Digital Media
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"It is the easiest, cleanest way to manage all of our Film equipment, among 100+ students."

Comments: We gained the ability to monitor how our gear is being used. and a fair way to distribute it among all of our students.

Pros: I love the glossy feel. I love knowing where all our expensive gear is at any given moment. I love feeling like I'm in control. I like that I can create kits of gear, and pull items into repairs when needed. I like the calendar view a lot. I like having uniform labels for everything. Customer Service is fast and very helpful. I love that all users have signed a TOA and agree to our legal terms. That helps me as an administrator rest easy.

Cons: I really wish there was a better way to restrict items based on a users skill level. i.e., Someone in a basics class has access to certain camcorders, and other students in an advanced cinematography class have access to our DSLRs. As it is now, we're using locations as a weird work around. I don't like it much at all. it causes as many problems as it solves. If an advanced student wants to reserve lights and a DSLR.. they have to make two reservations, one from the 'advanced' location and the other from our 'basic' location. I really hope they add the feature to restrict gear rentals based on users skill level soon.

by CHEQROOM on 06/04/2018

Hey Andrew, Wow! Thank you so much for such a great review. We like that you are enjoying our app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
We're working on new access restriction solutions. As always, let us know if you have a new request, we're here for you anytime! -Katalin

Tom W.
VP of Programs & Vendor Relations (Volunteer)
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2018

"This was the product we were looking for. Not too big and bloated yet not under powered and lacking."

Comments: This software gave us the ability to track all of the equipment we loan to internal customers. We can not only track the equipment but we can also see and be alerted to when it is due back.

Pros: The flexibility that Cheqroom gives us to handle assets to loan is great. It also provides many ways to look at your reservations, loans, and equipment. The feature I use the most as a manager is the Dashboard. I can quickly and easily see what equipment is out, when it is due, who has it, etc. Being web based makes it super easy to be able to quickly click on just about anything to look deeper. The most important feature for us is the ability for Cheqroom to create an electronic form for our customers that includes the terms of the loan and what they are borrowing.

Cons: One feature that is lacking is the ability to email people from the application. Having to pay for third party support is not great. I also am not thrilled about the reports. There is a very limited amount of canned reports and no option to create your own. Having the ability to export a report into Excel or CSV would be helpful as well.

by CHEQROOM on 25/04/2018

Hey Tom, Thanks so much for such a great review! Happy to share with you that from now on you can configure automated notifications directly from CHEQROOM, no extra third party needed anymore! :) Stay tuned for the upcoming new features. :) Cheers, Katalin

Mark C.
Teacher, Station Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"It works wells for us checking equipment in and out at our high school TV station."

Comments: Peace of mind knowing where our equipment is at and who has it.

Pros: Ability to track the equipment and then go back and look at records is a nice feature. Being able to put all of our equipment in and access it easily is also nice. Multiple equipment check outs has bceom easier too.

Cons: Would like to see customizable due dates- when I check someone out right now, I have to change the due date time every single time. Our stuff is always due at the same time the next day, and having to go in and physically change the time something is due is a pain. Would like to set it for 8:30am no matter what day it's due.

by CHEQROOM on 16/04/2018

Hi Mark, thanks so much for taking the time to review CHEQROOM! Glad to hear you like most of our features and the ease of use. I understand that having a set due date would save you some time and I'm sorry we don't have that option available at the moment. I'll put your name next to this request so we will notify you when there's an update! All the best - Mathilde

Ashley M.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2020

"Easy to use"

Comments: The team are easy to work with. The implementation process was simple and user friendly.

Pros: The phone application and the barcode reader on are simple to use. Our staff can book out items in batches or groups.
Cheqroom is an easy place to store information for quick and easy access

Cons: Items which require frequent calibration need to have a warranty period entered as a work around solution presently.
If Cheqroom was to add a calibration date feature with reminder it would be great

• Reviewed on 01/06/2020
Kaitlyn B.
Creative Media Manager/Producer
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"CHEQROOM is a great tool for accountability and knowledge amongst teammates and organizations."

Comments: Aside from fulfilling an audit requirement, we now have a process in place for equipment tracking and management that is working out very well for us. In reflection, we're quite lucky that the auditors saw the need for more accountability and specificity regarding our departmentally purchased gear. We know when to plan for shoots around other team members and their production schedules. We know what gear is available. And we now have an up to date log of the status of our gear, with the ability to flag a particular item when repair, replacement, or cleaning is necessary. CHEQROOM has created a greater sense of accountability, responsibility, and knowledge amongst our team and the broader institution.

Pros: CHEQROOM's scanning software is incredible. When utilizing the scan function for simple check out/check in or equipment it is executed with ease and speed. The log that that then generates on our profile is a great tool for accountability and insight. It's also a great resource for keeping up to date with equipment upkeep, i.e. repairs, replacements, and general cleaning.

Cons: The set-up and functionality is very easy when you're first getting started within CHEQROOM. However, we sometimes have difficulty with the ease of use when manually checking out/reserving items on the desktop. Specifically in compiling the list of items/kits for check out/reservation. The process isn't as intuitive as one would imagine. It appears to be a design issue. With some clarifying of information that is displayed on the screen I imagine this could be remedied fairly easily.

Hey Kaitlyn,

Thank you for reviewing CHEQROOM and glad to hear it has been helping you and your team a lot. We really appreciate your thoughts!

I'd like to learn more about your struggles when manually checking out items and what information could be useful there. Could you perhaps send me a message at [email protected] so we can come up with a solution?

Thanks so much and talk soon! - Mathilde

Hannah N.
Service Desk Coordinator
Computer Hardware, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2020

"Cheqroom for equipment deployment and inventory"

Comments: I really enjoy Cheqrooms, it has made my work a lot easier and helps to keep my entire team more organized and our equipment coming back on time. Overall, our department is much more professional and organized after the switch to your software. Thank you!

Pros: I like the user-friendly features. It is very straightforward when creating items and profiles. I like the option of creating and deleting fields as well.

Cons: I wish to customize the emails that are sent out to customers. Often time they look like spam and I would like to change the message to suit our use and personnel.

by CHEQROOM on 28/05/2020

Hey Hannah,

Thanks for your great review! It's really nice to hear that CHEQROOM made your department more professional and organized, that's exactly what we built this software for!

I'll make sure the customer success team gets in touch with you to walk you through the email customization options.

All the best - Charlotte

• Reviewed on 22/05/2020
Scott D.
Supervisor
Public Safety, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2020

"review"

Pros: Ease of use. Easy to track our tool inventory on a daily basis.

Cons: Could be a little easier to extend the length of time a product is out. Also checking out inventory can a little confusing sometimes from the app. Easier to do on the computer as it doenst always show all of the tools listed in inventory

by CHEQROOM on 02/06/2020

Hi Scott,

Thanks for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. Happy to read that you like the ease of use and that it makes your inventory tracking smoother.

Did you know we recently published a video on how to check out inventory with the mobile app? Might be handy for you: video.cheqroom.com/how-to-do-check-outs

If you have any other questions, CS will be happy to help you.

All the best - Charlotte

• Reviewed on 29/05/2020
Jason G.
IT
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"Great product. It's brought much needed order to our equipment inventory, and users like it."

Pros: Good set of features, which covers everything we need it to do. Nice clean interface; users figured it out with little trouble. The team behind it seems motivated and friendly.

Cons: These are very minor, but two suggestions. 1) Have reservations/checkouts update without having to refresh the page. 2) In the grid view of reservations/checkouts, add a title attribute to the img tags for the thumbnails, so you can hover on them and see the item's name without having to open up the reservation or checkout.

by CHEQROOM on 07/04/2018

Hey Jason, Thanks so much for such a great review! We'll discuss your suggestions; just stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
As always, let us know if we can help you with anything else! -- Katalin

Kevin P.
Assistant Director
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Great Value!"

Comments: Customer service is responsive and always pleasant.

Pros: The features are similar to other products that are 5 times the cost.

Cons: does not have some of the features that more expensive systems have.

by CHEQROOM on 28/05/2020

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. Don't hesitate to share specific feature requests with our customer success team :-) Cheers - Charlotte

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
David K.
Media Technician
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"Exactly what our organization needed."

Pros: Ease of use. Very intuitive. Was a breeze to get it setup and runnIng right from the first day. Once all our equipment had been entered into the system we were on our way.

Cons: Templates are difficult to create. Like a frustrating version of excel. It's just a little buggy at times. I think what would really help would be more in depth instructions.

Hi David,
Thank you very much for the feedback and I'm glad to hear it was so easy to set it all up! I understand the templates can be a bit tricky to create but we are always happy to help and set them up together! Just shoot us a message of what you'd like to accomplish and we're on it.

We've also created a help article on how to edit them: http://help.cheqroom.com/reservations-and-check-outs/generating-pdf-documents

Hope this helps! All the best - Mathilde

Juan M.
Technology Support Tech/PC Support
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"Best Equipment Manager I've ever Used!"

Pros: The software is intuitive, it helps me keep track of my equipment with ease and accessibility. It is extremity flexible and I have it with me all the time with the iOS App when I get those last minute calls for equipment request. I like that we have equipment in multiple campuses and I get to manage only what's in my campus rather then all the equipment at once.

Cons: There have been 2 times when I couldn't log in to Cheqroom due to server upgrades on their end, but the downtime was fast. Nothing to worry about. Perhaps I wish it would allow me to do bookings or check-outs in the past, like a day or a week ago. I sometimes forget to create the booking and I setup the equipment, but I still want to add the booking to track the equipment and for future justification of equipment and numbers.

by CHEQROOM on 07/04/2018

Hey Juan, Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review! We're happy that you're enjoying our app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features. :) As always, let us know if we can help you with anything else. -- Katalin

Jonathan B.
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2017

"Wonderful Service!"

Comments: My video production company, Mobile Mod Productions, often sends out company equipment with our team members. We keep a strict schedule and everyone does their best to fill their part. My job is to issue out said equipment (cameras, sound gear, lenses, lighting). This is not an easy feat when we have several crews out at a time handling various jobs. I was becoming bogged down trying to juggle the confusion. Then I came across CHEQROOM and I am beyond grateful I did! Their equipment management software is second to none. The software allows me to have very tidy outline of where and to whom each individual piece of equipment is checked out to. It allows each team member to report, immediately, any malfunctions or repairs the gear may need. We have noticed quite a notable change in our overall maintenance of our gear. I was also able to enhance our deadline completions by utilizing the 'turn-in-your-equipment' warning emails that come along with the service. Any time a piece of equipment's operator was approaching a deadline, they would have a pre-notice of that deadline. This is an all around wonderfully useful tool! I'd highly suggest it to any company that may lend out company equipment to numerous crews! Very user friendly, and though I only needed assistance once, it was the politest costumer service I have ever dealt with. Thanks guys!

by CHEQROOM on 08/03/2017

Hi Jonathan, thanks for your kind words and taking the time to write up a review.
Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2017
Dominic T.
Camera Operator and Video Editor
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"Good software and one of the few available out there. Great communication from Chase team."

Comments: The ability to track and manage our assets across many projects and people.
Better efficiency for other processes in our company.

Pros: The ability to view all your assets with the touch of a button and pull important info about these items.

Cons: The search function is not great. If I want to search for a Nikon 24mm lens, then I can't simply type in Nikon 24mm. I am forced to type in "Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24 mm" or whatever official name it has.
Most people don't put things like "AF-S" or "Nikkor" in their search. For admin purposes its important for us to name items under their full official name.

Hi Dominic,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM and happy to hear it has improved the efficiency!

I also wanted to let you know that we have improved the search function, you can read more about it here: http://help.cheqroom.com/learn-more/advanced-searching-in-cheqroom

Hope this solves your problem and if not, feel free to reach out any time! I'd be happy to help and find a solution for you and your team. Best - Mathilde

Miguel G.
shop manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2017

"cheqroom quality"

Comments: The program over all is good. I like some of the features and functions that is comes with. but it could use some more attention in the app portion, the QR code scanner could be a litte better is takes a while and certain angle to ready the QR code or sometimes is can read it at all. it could also use a digital signature like so we can have our guys sign for checkouts through the tablet on the spot since we do construction and most of the time we are on the road and would be easier to just have them sign and email them a copy. I like the product and customer service you guys provide just need some fine tuning . Cant wait to evolve with you guys.

Pros: pictures and QRcodes

Cons: QR code reader needs to be upgraded has trouble reading sometimes.

by CHEQROOM on 26/04/2018

Hi Miguel! Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM! If you'd still have issues with the mobile scanner, please contact us and we can have a look to see what's wrong. All the best - Mathilde

• Reviewed on 21/03/2017
Jason S.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2020

"Great app for keeping track of your tools"

Comments: Cheqroom allows us to easily track our tools and not have to call six to eight people to find out where the tools are.

Pros: The ability to track the tools and have pictures so it is simple to select the tool for checkout

Cons: It is a little cumbersome for the location where the tool is going. We had to do a workaround and create an "extra info" category to track this which works well. However, adding a new location to this category is not simple.

by CHEQROOM on 08/06/2020

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you were able to find a workaround for the locations tools are going to. Don't hesitate to get in touch with CS, as they might be able to give you some tips on how to best use CHEQROOM with your current workflow.

Cheers - Charlotte

• Reviewed on 30/05/2020
Luis M.
Academic Program Specialist
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"Cheqroom is the answer to our equipment needs."

Comments: A more organized office suite!

Pros: One of the best things about Cheqroom is their user friendly design. My department has over 40 faculty members of various proficiencies with technology. Cheqroom is an easy to use software that ALL faculty members could use. Setting up an account takes less that 2 minutes and using the software is as intuitive as can be. The fact that we can have unlimited users means our ever growing office is always covered.

Cons: I have not encountered any problems with the software as of yet. The only thing I would recommend is including some of the scanning stickers as part of the package so we can test them out without having to invest MORE money.

by CHEQROOM on 07/04/2018

Hey Luis, Thanks for such a great review! You just made our day! :) Stay tuned for the new packages and features -- and as always let us know if there is anything else we can do for you and your students. Cheers! Katalin

Dan D.
Director of Photography
Media Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2018

"The software works great for our use and the team at CHEQROOM has been great as we implemented."

Pros: Ease of use is fantastic. It's easy to bring new team members up to speed. The ability to change out assets quickly is also great.

Cons: I do wish that monetary values could be implemented easier to assets. Most of our uses are internal so monetary values are critical for us yet, but occasionally we need it.

Heya Dan,

Hope you are good and thanks for sharing your thoughts, it's really appreciated! So happy to hear that CHEQROOM is working great for you and your team.

I understand monetary values are important and when adding custom fields, you can choose to add a currency. Also, our depreciation and reporting module should come in handy for you, so I've added those to your account.

Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions, I'd be happy to help!

All the best - Mathilde

Tony D.
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2020

"Terrible customer support"

Comments: Complete waste of time. They do not care about the customer. They just want your money. Do yourself a favor and go with asset tiger. We made the switch and everyone in the company loves it. And it’s free

Pros: Was easy in the beginning but then everyone was messing up the checkouts because the software locks up and is confusing.

Cons: Lacks features there is no support available .

by CHEQROOM on 03/03/2020

Hi Tony,

I'm sorry you feel this way.

When we personally called before you canceled, it sounded like you had everything you needed.

I'm afraid the data you requested is not part of our spreadsheet exports and there is no easy way for us to get it for you.

Charlotte

• Reviewed on 27/02/2020
Matthew K.
Production Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"A pretty useful inventory management software"

Pros: It's syncs across devices very easily. I like that it pulls images from the web. Overall I think this is a great system that is still being developed.

Cons: There are several bits of functionality that are missing. Marking items lost on a check in is one that speaks for itself. I'm not checking in an item (to clear the checkout) then marking it missing. I need this checkout responsible for the loss.

by CHEQROOM on 07/04/2018

Hey Matthew, Thanks for such a great review! Glad that you're enjoying our product -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
Thanks for sharing your request as well, we'll discuss with the team how we can help there. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Cheers! Katalin

Aldo B.
Director of Creative Technology
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"Replacing our old circulation system with Cheqroom has been nothing but positive. Great application."

Pros: Accessible and user-friendly. Excellent customer support. If you have a problem there is someone ready to chat to solve the issues. The reservations feature is excellent. Easy to enter equipment and keep track of circulation.

Cons: No feature for fining patrons for late/lost/damaged equipment. A bit complicated to track repeat offenders.

by CHEQROOM on 06/04/2018

Hey Aldo, Thank you so much for such a great review. So glad you are enjoying our app!
We have got the fee tracking solution and blocking contacts on our roadmap already -- stay tuned! :)
Just check out our reports to easily track the ones who are always late with their equipment.
Let us know if you run into any issues, we're here for you anytime! -Katalin

C.l. B.
Associate Professor
Fine Art
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2017

"The best out there for a reasonable price. Not perfect, but they keep improving it."

Comments: Simplifies equipment checkout, allows me to pass that off to student employees.

Pros: It's easy to manage inventory, user accounts, etc. Having it be web-based is great because it's accessible anywhere. Good system for reservations and checkouts.

Cons: It's great to have a mobile app, but UX isn't great (navigation isn't intuitive, takes too many steps to do things) and I find myself just going to find a computer rather than use the app. The service has occasionally been very slow.

by CHEQROOM on 07/04/2018

Hey Collin, Thanks so much for such a great review! Glad you're enjoying our app- stay tuned for the new features! As always, let us know if we can help with anything else. Cheers! Katalin

• Reviewed on 27/07/2017
Richard R.
Chief Marketing Officer

"So far, so good"

Pros: How simple it is to use. The interface is clean, intuitive and helps with day to day operations in managing where all your equipment is.

Cons: Having to print a different SKU for multiple of the same thing. It'd be nice to be able to have quantities of the same SKU for things like batteries so I can have one label and 20 parts instead of 20 unique labels.

by CHEQROOM on 26/04/2018

Hi Richard! Thank you so much for having taken the time and reviewing CHEQROOM. I understand you'd like to see a quantity option for the same smaller items such as batteries. We have this feature on our roadmap, so feel free to have a look and vote on the ones you'd like to see first. All the best - Mathilde

Mario V.
Equipment Manager
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"Very Pleased with how easy it is to use."

Comments: Easier to manage equipment and enable our staff to check out equipment from the field.

Pros: I like how simple it is to use and how I can track equipment from my phone. I enjoy being able to see all of my equipment with pictures and descriptions when checking out equipment.

Cons: Could use some more reports, but they seem willing to help out. I would like to see a faster way to check equipment back in, maybe with a swipe.

by CHEQROOM on 07/04/2018

Hey Mario, Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review! Glad that you're enjoying our product -- stay tuned for the upcoming features and reports! As always, let us know if we can help with anything else. -- Katalin