• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.7 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About Toggl Plan

Simple overviews of your teams workload and project schedules.

Learn more about Toggl Plan

Athan D.
Researcher
Higher Education Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"A more streamlined, intuitive version of task management"

Pros: This a a great alternative to the 'heavier' apps like Asana, which used heavily before. Switching between board and timeline view is a breeze, and I like all of the available features in the free version. It has everything I need for personal task management (and a team up to 5).

Cons: Perhaps some integration with my existing email system (i.e. Gmail) might be helpful to integrate communications into my project plans.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2020
Sandy V.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2020

"Toggle Plan - Easy and Simple - Serves the purpose"

Comments: This product is the most simple and easy to use tool for planning my projects. I have used and tested a lot of different tools but TogglePan works the best.

Pros: The ease to add tasks and sharing feedback via comments works great. I really like the icebox feature to store everything that pops up in my mind and which i can always go back to, to see what my brainwaves have been.

Cons: I would like the DONE tasks to be out greyed together with the done icon.
The IN PROGRESS icon i do not like and i think that might be a more splashing colour.
The mobile app is still in the old TEAMWEEK version (which i have used for 3 years already), this should be transfered to Toggle Plan.
I do not like the horizontal week overview in the mobile app...i rather would like to see that in portrait.

by Toggl Plan on 04/05/2020

Hey Sandy,

Thank you for your kind review! Our team is super happy to hear that you've found value in our product. We wanted to clarify a few things brought up in your review.

You're right, when you mark a task as "Done" and it fades, the icon still keeps its original appearance. However, there's a workaround if you prefer not to see the emojis you can change or remove the emojis in Plan Board views (just click on the emoji icons in column headers). Same applies to the "In-progress" icon these can be changed.

Regarding the mobile app, we're currently in the process of hiring a dedicated mobile person to bring the app up to date with the many changes our tool has gone through.

Hope this helps!

• Reviewed on 30/04/2020
Michelle M.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2020

"Reliable Tool for Tracking Time for Clients and Projects"

Comments: Toggl is critical to my client billing. The software allows me set up unique rates for clients and / or projects, and I'm able to pull detailed, accurate reports for clients who are billed by the hour. For my clients who pay me a retainer, I'm able to track my time on specific projects and tasks and ensure that I'm not working too little or too much against the retainer.

Pros: I've been using Toggl for years now to track my time on many projects for multiple clients, and what I like most about this app is the easy-to-use interface. The functionality is very intuitive and it's easy to set up clients, projects, track time and pull reports. There is a third layer of tracking that helps me identify time spent on specific tasks as part of projects.

Cons: Very occasionally, I will think I've started the timer on a task and it doesn't start, so I'll have to manually enter my time, which is easy to do.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2020
Jack R.
Architectural Assistant
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"Project Management for a creative industry"

Comments: Great, we have only been using Teamweek for a few days and its already improving our work flow and it so easy to get everyone up and running with it.

Pros: Think you have a great lead on the creatives market like ours, architects, as we need something visual to plan out work but simple and easily flexible to however we may plan our work flow. A lot of the other sites I checked out are very well built but also very focused on particular business model. Creative businesses like ours tend to float about somewhere around it all and we don't so much need a business strategy planner but we do need something fluid to let our individual and quite unique projects to grow in an understandable way.

Cons: There are a few areas of the software and mobile apps that need polishing and a few extra simple features that need adding but I am more than happy to act as a product tester.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Daniel G.
Instructional Designer
Primary/Secondary Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2018

"Simple and Favorite time keeping app!"

Pros: I love toggl. It's so focused on what it's meant to be; a time tracking app. I've tried a number of apps like this and they all require a lot of clicks or taps to get it started. This one is simple and had the least number of steps to start tracking. The mobile app is just like the website so there's no trouble in using either platform. It just simply works and helps track the work.

Cons: One feature wish is that it would track what programs you use. I've seen some productivity apps that track what apps or programs you are using and for how long, having this and a project timer would be ideal for tracking not only how long you are working on something but also which programs you have to use most in project.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Managing Director
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2019

"Great functionality - good pricing"

Comments: It has been very easy to setup our new project and start adding various activities and assigning timelines and people. I would recommend this to any team starting a project.

Pros: The visual representation of team availability in combination with the ability to attach various kinds of information to tasks. Also, the collaboration potential by being able to share information with third parties.

Cons: I have not singled out a negative aspect of the software yet besides the fact that the gantt view becomes too crowded with too many tasks and many people in the team. Maybe it should have more view types.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Gregorio V.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"This application has served me to keep track of time in tasks and to combine it with Asana software together they become a great tool of work."

Comments: The facility that gives you the application and portability make it easy to use, I do not use it but I know that it can be linked to a billing software, but even if it is not linked it helps you keep track of the hours you should charge to the clients.

Pros: The control of the projects becomes much easier to take it with this tool, it helps you have repetitive tasks in a streamline, optimizing the administrative time you will be able to visualize the progress and the status of the projects in a simple and clear viewer.

Cons: Sincerely I have not had big problems with the application, but if I have to say something about the application it seems that the color palette to define the projects is somewhat limited, and also when a project has many tasks or is already very large the system it's a bit slow

• Reviewed on 07/06/2018
Kendal P.
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2018

"Easy to use time tracking"

Pros: Toggl has a free version for a limited number of users, so a great option for a small business that's trying out time tracking software

Cons: The functionality is not as great as other paid alternatives (Harvest). I'd like the ability to switch between users on the main screen so I can see real time what my employees are running their timers for.

Michelle M.
Marketing Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"Great Time Tracking Software"

Comments: Reporting is easy to use.

Pros: I am a marketing consultant with multiple clients and Toggl helps me keep track of projects by client as well as different rates.

Cons: There is no way to change a client rate without altering historical data, but there is a workaround by creating a new project with the new rate attached to that project.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2018
Emile D.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Keeping track of your billable hours has never been easier."

Pros: Toggl allows you to set up a wide variety of customers and projects each with their own tariff per hour, the developers then simply activate the timer when they are working on a clients project and when done, stops the timer to reflect the exact time spent on the described task.

Cons: To fully unlock all the features we would like to use, can become quite a pricey venture as we have discovered so make sure to do proper research beforehand.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2018
Volunteer
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Best Plan Ever"

Comments: Planning is much simpler with Toggl Plan. It integrates well two important views of the tasks' organization. It is easy to share a view mode and keep a record of tasks completeness. I may be wrong but it looks like the bar that indicates late delivery on Gantt was replaced by an icon status, which is the link with the columns in Kanban indeed. This has taught me a better planning practice, however, I missed a way to measure my performance because I can't see my working pace.

Pros: It can easily switch between Kanban (board view) and Gantt (timeline view), allowing the understanding of different nuances of the project planning. Also, the scroll works very well on the timeline view, since we only need to hold "shift" while scrolling to go forward and backward throughout the dates. The drag feature with multiple tasks is awesome too.

Cons: Sometimes the page loading time takes so long. Sometimes the tasks duplicate while dragging the activities on bulk edit mode. And there isn't a horizontal scrollbar, and I don't think intuitive to hold "shift" to scroll for both sides. I took a while to find it out. At last, milestones could be integrated to external calendars.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2020
Pim W.
Sales / Planning / Purchase / IT
Plastics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"For everyone"

Comments: Good. We use it a lot.

Pros: After 2 years of searching not affortible software we found Toggle plan, finally some affortable and easy to use software.

Cons: We use this software on a big screen, that needs to be updated every once in a while. Meaning i have to refresh te page every time. We would like to see a function for big screen mode's. That is something we never found in software. We would love to see that you can work on your pc and it updates the big screen.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
Jamie L.
HR Director
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2018

"Great trackr- works quickly and reliably"

Pros: Easy to use web app or phone app. Quick to add tags and run reports, and even if the app crashes- which admittedly it does more often than I'd like- it restarts quickly and without ANY loss of data- including current time-keeping

Cons: The reports in pdf form look great and contain useful data; the Excel forms are lacking in that. I often have to use both- ERxcel for the editable numbers and the pdf for the additional details. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if the Excel form contained the same categories and information as the pdf.

Beela A.
Communications Director
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2018

"Good because of its diverse features"

Pros: Ability to create buckets of time, has a Chrome plugin to time things automatically, has detailed reports, good visual interface, color coding, overall I like it.

Cons: I wish the Chrome button allowed a dropdown with specific projects or most often used/most recently used so I don't always have to get back into the desktop and adjust the hours.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2018
Jendi C.
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Newest Tech with Awesome, Old-School Service"

Comments: Stellar.

Pros: I have tried more project management software packages than I care to admit. I finally found one that works--enough detail to be useful but easy enough to use that I can stick with it.

Cons: I would like to be able to enter recurring tasks more easily.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Allie W.
Product Owner
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Toggl Plan is great!"

Pros: The thing I like most about toggl plan is how visual it is and incredibly simple to use. I use it for overall planning and coordinating high level efforts of our team overtime, but with their recent upgrades and updates, it could also be used for detailed workflows and other day to day tasks.

Cons: For a long time I was using Toggl as a standalone tool, not integrating it with any others. But now that they have improved their integrations and also added the board style views, I will probably change the way I use it.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2020
Rita V.
Marketing Coordinator
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2018

"Yes, you should count your time."

Pros: The idea is super interesting. You have a to-do list and needs to know how long you spend on each. You can measure your time or you can set a time to do a task. I think it's the best app to use the Pomodoro method.

Cons: You have to create a habit to use Toggl, otherwise, you will forget about the app in no time. It's really nice, you should try it!

• Reviewed on 25/05/2018
Harvey M.
Field Technician
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"One of the best time trackers I've ever used"

Pros: With even the free version for tracking a simple process or multiple processes, one would prefer a timer like this over even Google's free timer, just due to the innovative features such as collaboration, description of time tracked, and reporting, not to mention the beautiful aesthetic design.

Cons: The only drawback when using this product is when using it as an addon for another favorite product of mine (Trello), it doesn't always run as smooth when tracking the tasks from my Trello tasklist.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Alan R.
Producer
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Good software, can be frustrating."

Pros: I love that you can see the whole team's tasks and change them on the go. It's easy to plan a project until the last deadline and see the process of the ongoing project.

Cons: It can be slow sometimes and some of the functions could be improved. It sometimes freezes and sometimes when you scroll, the loading of the previous weeks takes quite a bit of time. Also I liked the old task view more, since it was easier to modify and it didn't take up the whole screen.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Jeffrey S.
Product Owner
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2020

"test user"

Comments: easy to use and easy to understand

Pros: web interface, swimlanes, clean/clear display of timelines

Cons: price, extra features (to-do lists, status, ... = too detailed for our purpose)
JIRA is our main tool, but cannot easily show timelines across multiple features/epics/projects

• Reviewed on 15/04/2020
Tulio B.
Director Support
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2020

"Another great app from Toggl"

Comments: Excellent. Delighted to have this tool rather than endlessly merging and unmerging cells in a spreadsheet. Bravo Toggl!

Pros: I had been looking for a Gantt Chart app, and so many were overly complex and expensive project management packages. I knew and trusted Toggl from their time tracker and jumped right in. It does everything I need and doesn't scare away the people I want to collaborate with. The basic version is fully functional, I would only upgrade if I was managing a large number of projects.

Cons: I had a few small issues regarding the bottom navigation bar disappearing, but I think that was my desktop setup. No major issues.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2020
Peter R.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2019

"Easy and simple"

Pros: Clean and simple UI and ease of use - it's so easy to get a quick overview of current team capacities.

Cons: It's a bit hard to integrate with existing workflow and the pricing is a bit steep for companies with more employees.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2019
Senior Consultant
Management Consulting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"Nice and easy"

Pros: Attractive interface for gantt presentations

Cons: Pricing is too high and free version too "poor"

• Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Lee B.
Freelance Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2020

"Capacity Resourcing at it's best!"

Comments: I had spoken to a handful of platforms and tried the free trials of others, and they just wasn't what I needed. When I found Toggl Plan there was no looking back. It has the high level functionality of assigning weekly capacity so I can plan my weeks/months accurately, with the more in depth phases, tasks, milestones, etc that is needed on an individual project level. There is the ability to include larger teams, and I can share the project timelines with my clients to track progress and be o the same page.
It is very simple and intuitive to use.

Pros: What I like most is the 'Team View' timelines so I can plan my time/projects accordingly. I can see a high level view of what projects I have, how many hours I need to work on each project that week, what weeks are fully booked, and when I can book the next project in without burning myself out. I can also see project deadlines (milestones) within the same view.
What is also super awesome is I can share these timelines on an individual client level so they can see their project and what is scheduled as well as the project progress.

Cons: The only thing I have found a little annoying is the hourly assignments. You have to calculate the daily capacity which means if the 'phase' of a project moves from 4 days to only 2 days but it requires the same amount of time associate with it you have to re-calculate the daily hours. It would be nice if you could simply assign a weekly amount of hours to a phase, and then have that amount stay as it is whether the phase is stretched across 1, 2, 3 days or all week.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2020
Lead Developer
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2020

"Looking good - but not quite there yet"

Comments: It's been good. I used this as my go to planning app for projects and studies for around 3 months and it worked well. I still use it now when I need to plan for the long term and want to quickly calculate if I have enough person hours available. I am hoping a few more improvements will come in on the daily planning side, perhaps some more integrations, and I can get additional use out of the service.

Pros: This is a really cool app. It was great for planning my studies. I still use it occassionally for long term planning of projects. The drag and drop interface worked well. I liked the hour calculation.

Cons: I felt the mobile experience was lacking. It's amazing for long term planning, even weekly planning, but gets awkward when it comes to daily planning, or planning in fine detail for timetabling. It's great for regular arrangements, but gets messy when it comes to extraordinary events.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2020