Codeproof Reviews

by Codeproof Technologies

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About Codeproof

A modern mobile management software that enables businesses to easily secure, deploy and manage mobile apps & data on various devices.

Learn more about Codeproof

Ryan B.
Chief Financial Officer
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"Easy to install, on the first try"

Comments: After trying two other products, both of which had confusing instructions and lackluster support, Codeproof installed quickly and on the first attempt. I will admit I was pretty frustrated and flustered when I called Codeproof and the support team cut right to the chase, sent very simple intructions, and got us up and running in an hour. If you have tablets for ELD compliance or another use case where you need to restrict the tablet to work-only apps, I highly recommend you check out Codeproof.

Pros: Covered all the features I was looking for to lock down android tablets for ELD compliance. Easy to set up, manage, and install. Great support.

Cons: Did not rank high enough on software review sites

• Reviewed on 07/11/2018
Demetris C.
CIO
Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Very good EMM platform, highly recommended for small businesses."

Comments: Security of mobile devices, asset tracking and monitoring.

Pros: Easy to sign up, no sales rep calls, no minimum order quantity and excellent support. Payments are automatic and require no sales rep intervention and delays.

Cons: More info on backbone cloud security should be provided, mobile tracker should be included in all plans.

David G.
Regional Vice President
Security & Investigations, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Very smooth start to the use of the platform"

Comments: Excellent product and excellent support to get the templates started. Overall very happy with the product and platform.

Pros: The extensive flexibility of the software platform and the ability to truly manage phones is really good.

Cons: The startup learning curb and global configuration setup. Once that is complete then it is quite easy to use.

by Codeproof Technologies on 22/01/2019

Thank you David. We really appreciate your honest feedback. We strive hard to make the admin interface easy to use and offer a great support when needed.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Janna O.
OFFICE MANAGER
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2018

"Keeps a list through a cloud system of which apps are allowed or disabled on our company phones."

Pros: Can view where the phone is at all times. We have had phones stolen from company trucks and where able to pin point the location and notify authorities.

Cons: Every time there is an iphone update, Codeproof stops working and the settings are shut off. Very inconvenient and defeats the purpose of keeping our employees on track.

Hi Janna,

Sorry to hear that you had an issue with the Codeproof iPhone App. Please make sure that you have the latest version of the app installed in the device. If the issue persists, feel free to reach out to our tech support team at [email protected] or call us at 1-866-986-BYOD.

Moris M.
Colaborador Tecnico
Government Administration, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2021

"Codeproof -the work in your hands"

Comments: It is an innovative product that provides a great service and takes productivity to higher levels, the advantages it offers in relation to its price are more than justified

Pros: How simple its implementation is and the amount of tools at my disposal is the best, and what else to say about your customer service is the best

Cons: I found some bugs for android devices, which could generate inconveniences or doubts regarding the stability of the product

• Reviewed on 08/03/2021
Michael G.
Tech Support
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2018

"Good system, easy to use and great value."

Comments: Helps me manage the devices for our company effectively. It is easy to use and can be a great asset if the training and support can catch up to the software.

Pros: Robust and great features; Easy to use and management portal; Great bang for the buck; Good support when available.

Cons: Tech support needs to be more responsive; Pushing updates can be a little slow at times; Need to explain things in a more cordial manner.

Rachel G.
Administrator Assistant
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2018

"Wonderful MDM!"

Comments: Great MDM and tracking

Pros: Easy to install, automatically downloads the apps we use for our company, great tracking, programmed names, user friendly dashboard.

Cons: The only thing I would change is to look up a device by the phone number and not the name, some times people reassign phones and do not update the name.

• Reviewed on 01/06/2018
Easy Tech Associate
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2018

"I am currently using this MDM on my personal phone in the pro version, considering upgrade"

Comments: I honestly haven't actively benefited from this software, however I understand it. That is why I have been making efforts to apply the settings to my phone. I will contact support and once they assist me, I can update my review of this product. I give a 5-10 because I feel the cloud platform format is very confusing. Although there is a blog available with many options maybe video tutorials will help for each option and its purpose. This way, the user may utilize the app to its full potential.

Pros: What I like most is that I can place the MDM profile on my phone and tweak various different areas to maximize my productivity.

Cons: Although I have been using the app I haven't been able to apply most settings on my phone. I mainly am trying to utilize the feature that blocks the mobile hot spot ability on my phone along with the tethering capability. It hasn't seemed to work yet so i'll have to contact the support to get that resolved. I do believe that if the app developers separated the app into different versions according to the devices that may help with user navigation on the cloud management webpage. For instance, my phone is Android/Samsung, if I only saw all items that refer to my own phone rather than all phone types the page would be more appealing to the eye and not so bunched up. Maybe a drop down menu to the left which then goes to the various different options. Then the page displayed will only show relevant information instead of the tabbed style they currently have going on. I understand that a company may have various different phones to manage so Apple, Samsung, Android are all options available to manage and supervise. However I am more referring to the appearance of the web page with the tab format currently being used, it isn't visually appealing and can frustrate customers who may not be as patient or computer savvy.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2018
Merle B.
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"I have used a few different MDMs in the past , Codeproof has been by far the easiest to learn!"

Pros: -Ease of implementing, we use this mostly in the Android for Work configuration, allowing managing of apps and acceptable use browsing.
-The ability to apply "global" policies to all devices, then tweak an individual device to be slightly different
-Excellent! Excellent! customer support , (think small town hardware store)
-Great value for the money

Cons: -Still looking for implementation of iPhone global proxy
-Devices "last checkin" report, seems to be a few days behind real life operation

Tibbi K.
Nurse
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2018

"Easy to use and understand."

Pros: The simplicity. It was easy to understand and use. I didn't need to know rocket science. And even my husband understood it.

Cons: nothing. I have no complaints to speak off. The product was good and useful and daddyto understands.

Kajal D.
Admin professional

"Awesome seamless experience"

Pros: Very easy to learn, marginal learning curve for most users. Found product very useful for my daily use

Cons: There honestly isn't anything I don't like least about the software. It's great and my go to software

Rene H.
Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2018

"Great low-price, product, easy to use and implement, and quick help from support!"

Comments: We were able to quickly set up and deploy many mobile devices to workers all over the state. If a new app is necessary, we can push it out to all devices very quickly and easily.

Pros: The ability to push out apps to multiple mobile devices from one location, as well as managing what apps can be installed for the mobile devices. Also, the ability to report on app use is very helpful.

Cons: Our email must be configured on the device rather than through the software.

by Codeproof Technologies on 09/10/2018

Thank you so much Rene for sharing your Codeproof experience with the community. We greatly appreciate it.

- Codeproof Team

• Reviewed on 04/10/2018
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2018

"For the cost and features, Codeproof is by far the best value in mobile device management solutions!"

Pros: Codeproof supports all of our mobile device handsets and computers and their respective operating systems.

Cons: I didn't find anything that was wrong with Codeproof as everything ran without any errors. This was not true of other mobile device management alternatives.

Daniel B.
ceo
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Excellent product. Need some more updates for some android issues"

Comments: fleet control

Pros: Safe lots of time and make it very easy to control over our fleets and protect from consuming extra data

Cons: still have some bugs specially in android devices. You have Change the permissions for administrators, make some available for extra pay

Hi Daniel,

Lately, We have made many improvements to our Samsung, LG and other Android MDM platforms. Please makes sure that you have the latest MDM agent app installed in the device. If the issue persists, feel free to reach out to our tech support team at [email protected] or call us at 1-866-986-BYOD.

Zach T.
Production Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2018

"Good product, Good pricing, Great support!"

Comments: Increased productivity. More accurate and reliable information throughput.

Pros: It does what we need it to without doing a bunch of stuff we don't need it to. We use it to lock down company owned tablets to perform specific functions. The support from Codeproof is awesome, getting us through setup and troubleshooting very efficiently and effectively.

Cons: There was a bit more of an initial learning curve from an administrative standpoint than I was prepared for, but Codeproof Support did an awesome job of getting us through it.

Luis S.
System administrator
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"Easy to use and support is very responsive"

Pros: Easy to use and very affordable. It has lots of very useful features with no extra cost like in other products.

Cons: I don't have any trouble with the software. It has worked with no problems. I don't have complains from my users, so that's must be good.

Jerrod M.
Tech Support
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"The best MDM solution that I have used."

Pros: The web interface is very intuitive compared to other mobile device management solutions on the market.

Cons: The web interface has a somewhat clunky feel to it and is somewhat slow. The licenses are a bit pricey as well.

Marvin M.
Android MDM Manager
Computer Networking
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2018

"Easy-to-use, priced-right MDM software. Very responsive customer support. We're happy with Codeproof"

Pros: The customer support is tops. Usually we receive a response within 24 hours on the rare occasion that we encounter an issue. The interface is pretty intuitive and easy to figure out with minimal training (something that can't be said for some other platforms). The company is quite friendly and accommodating to feature requests. Our primary use-case is Samsung Androids, and it works quite well.

Cons: Two minor complaints:
Deleting a device from the interface won't automatically remove the MDM from the device--something that other MDM software probably does automatically. Also, sometimes the interface won't fully refresh after re-organizing devices, and requires a quick log-out and back in. In any event, these are quite livable quirks.

Joel S.
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2018

"Good, simple, reliable MDM solution for Android devices"

Comments: Global proxy works very well on Samsung SAFE devices, and fairly well on LG devices also. Codeproof has been a valuable part of our quest to provide safe, internet-filtered, smartphone solutions.

Pros: Codeproof is easy to use, works well, and is priced more economically than some of its (hard to operate) big-name competitors. The team has been responsive to our requests for support. We're mainly using it for app locking and global proxy enforcement on Samsung and LG devices.

Cons: No ability to import blacklists from CSV files. The ability to create profiles and apply them to groups of devices would be an asset and a time saver.

Byron T.
IT Manager
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Good app but you need a lot of training to get it up and running."

Comments: I can save time by installing apps to our devices in a faster, automatically way.

Pros: To deploy apps via portal web. It is faster than manually download, install and configure apps in devices.

Cons: Sometimes the apps doesn't install. You need, sometimes, to manually remove apps in order to install an update of the app.

Hi Byron,

Sorry to hear that you had an issue with the app distribution. Lately, we have improved the app distribution feature and make sure that you have the latest MDM installed. If the issue persists, feel free to reach out to our tech support team at [email protected] or call us at 1-866-986-BYOD.

Patrick D.
Director of Operations
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2019

"Easy to use and implement"

Pros: Easy interface, straight forward process for enrollment, great support

Cons: None yet, and the few issues or questions I have had were answered quickly and solved by support

• Reviewed on 14/06/2019
Steve L.
PC/LAN Analyst
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2018

"We tested this product when we were looking for a n MDM solution"

Pros: - Has all the feature you expect with an MDM solution.
- Device tracking had a nice interface
- Responsive Dev support

Cons: - very basic layouts and features.
- nothing to write home about, or to put it ahead of other similarly priced products.

by Codeproof Technologies on 20/08/2018

Hi Steve,

Our EMM platform has many features. During the product evaluation, you were interested only in device tracking-feature and you tested the tracking functionality. If you want to explore all the product features, please reach out to us and we can help you. Recently business.com ranked Codeproof as #1 Android MDM (See here: https://www.business.com/categories/mobile-device-management-solutions/ )

Codeproof Team

• Reviewed on 22/06/2018
Jeremy H.
IT Manager
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Code Proof is great if it fits your needs"

Pros: The ability to better manage the installed software inventory and wireless profiles on individual phones.

Cons: I did not like the way they went about limits for data use (we were not able to utilize this feature).

Myron E.
MDM Support
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2018

"Very capable platform, responsive company."

Pros: A very capable product that has been rock solid for our organization. When we first started working with Codeproof, there were several features missing that we felt were necessary to use the product long-term. We've emailed Codeproof with feature requests many times over the past number of months, and their support team has proven to be both personable and extremely responsive in listening to customer feedback. Many features we requested were implemented within a few weeks of the initial request. No MDM provider can add features that don't have API support from the manufacturer, but Codeproof has been very responsive in adding features when possible. This flexibility and speed of feature implementation has proven incredibly valuable to our organization.

Cons: Interface has a learning curve, (although not as terrible as AirWatch) and finding devices can take some time to figure out. Search feature is very capable but not available from all dashboard screens. General UI and navigation could likely be improved.

D'angelo R.
it support tech
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2018

"Amazing Product!!!!!!!"

Comments: I dont regret using this application and i plan to not only endorse Codeproof to anyone in need but also Use it in my future endeavors.

Pros: There are too many pros to name but a few would be:
Simplicity
Technical support
The incredible number of capibilites you have vs the price

Cons: question in regards to your “apple business manager-Apps(VPP)”. Our company uses your software to push apps through to our employee devices and depending on their role they get a particular set of apps. When navigating through the different tabs to find the necessary apps it can be very time consuming. Its not a huge hassle but over time the wasted moments searching through can compound into a minor inconvenience. With that said, I was curious to see if there was a way we can categorize the apps by position or even alphabetically

by Codeproof Technologies on 30/10/2018

D'angelo,

Thanks for the valuable feedback. We plan to update the Apple Business Manager (VPP) integration user interface and the updated version will be easy to use. We will notify you when it is available.

- Codeproof Team