Stitch Labs Reviews

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.2 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.4 /5

About Stitch Labs

Stitch is an inventory and order management platform built for modern, high-growth brands and retailers.

Learn more about Stitch Labs

Jeremy P.
Chief Innovation & Technology Officer
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2014

"The heart of our brand"

Comments: Not sure how we would manage our business without Stitch! We started using Stitch Labs a couple of years ago now and keep finding new ways to make it even more central to efficient and effective operations. And Stitch keeps adding more ways to make the platform even better. The recent updates including bundling filled a hole we were missing, and the feature (and others) came directly out of user feedback. Even when there are issues Stitch has been fantastic, with extremely responsive and personal customer service (Thanks Con!) and great communications. Their twitter status account keeps me updated if there are any issues and those have been few and far between. We use Stitch to manage our entire process, from sending POs to our manufacturer, to receiving and synching inventory, managing billing & fulfillment across multiple service platforms, and our central hub for all order management, shipping, customer contacts/crm, and more. We're taking orders in real time at tradeshows now, too, so I can take the order and bill the card for a deposit before the buyer even leaves the booth. I look forward to it cutting down on those "bad" orders going forward. Stitch was basically made for us, whether it is on Shopify alone with the great integration here or across multiple platforms, online and now even offline.

Pros: Fantastic customer support. (Hi Con!)
Great platform, does what I need, new back end is fast and has been reliable

Cons: It is SaaS, so it does what it does and if you want to work outside of that you can't. Well, except that they listen to their customers and add the most important features! Yay bundling.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2014
Lisa A.
West Coast Expert + Contributor
Publishing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2015

"Stitch Saves the Day"

Comments: I am a jewelry designer and fine artist and have used Stitch since 2010 to handle the inventory needs of my multiple sales channels for the jewelry side of my business, Zelma Rose. I first started using Stitch for the easy invoicing and line sheets but as they have added amazing feature after amazing feature over the years I now use it to organize my inventory, invoicing, line sheets, and wholesale account management.

Pros: Easy to use, reliable, great customer service, and always up to date with the latest features and improvements. The best tutorials to learn how to use new features quickly and the nicest customer service team around.

Cons: None. Stitch Labs as a product and team has continually met my high expectations.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2015
Angela N.
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2015

"A stitch in time saves nine ..."

Comments: That old saying is so true. Stitch has saved me hours of copy and paste drudgery in managing my multiple selling channels.
I am always surprised that big venues such as Etsy do not provide a decent method of printing an invoice, but they don't and that is where Stitch shines.
Stitch makes it easy for me to keep my orders organized and prevents a lot of order filling mistakes that used to happen when I was manually preparing invoices by copying the information and pasting into my own forms (how boring is that ?).
I haven't even learned to use all the functions that are offered in my Stitch program - and there are a LOT.
Don't know what I would do without it.

Pros: Automated, quick and easy to learn.

Cons: The only thing I would ask for at this point is to include a few more selling platforms (like Amazon independent sellers) but I am happy with the program as it is now.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2015
Omar B.
Partner
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2015

"One Solid App"

Comments: I have been using Stitch for about six months now to power my online retailing business and I am very satisfied. Stitch is powerful stuff and it can be a little tricky if you're new to understand just how powerful it is, but in a nutshell, it is the connection between your inventory and the various channels you market it through. Used properly, stitch is a strategic piece in the puzzle that creates your business and easily replaces thousands upon thousands of dollars a month of human-error prone old world processes. I happened to join at a time when Stitch was making the upgrade to the new interface, Stitch 2.0, and this was a major upgrade and an ambitious only. There were bugs initially and I watched the team manage the transition with a mix of upfront communication (there was a big bug at one time and the CEO reached out, explained it and they got it fixed when they said they would), actual fixes (folks are working hard there) and a one-click "back to 1.0" ever present button if the whole thing was too much for your specific situation. I was impressed how smooth the transition ended up being given the mission-critical nature of the service on the one hand and the size of upgrade on the other. Finally, the support team, even are available on IM during working hours or by email - my plan doesn't have phone support. I have found they are able to take my poor wording, translate it into something quite simple, summarize and reply. Every time I had a question, I got a reply within 24 hours and a clear one at that. Again, impressed. In summary, the software represents a core function and empowers you to do a lot (and focus on the right stuff). The team that produced this and is supporting is a solid one - the bugs get fixed, support is clear minded and goes the extra mile to simplify not-so-simple concepts and top management is willing to own a problem and fix if it comes. A word of advice: don't try to make stitch your financial piece too - your data and flows need to be perfect for that and unless your machine is perfect it is much simpler to rely on something like Xero for your financial picture. That said the Inventory Financial Report in Stitch is an important piece and will help you understand CoGS from one period to the next - but if there are any "exceptions" in your workflow the stitch projection need to be ignored (they simply reflect poor data in your system which will invariably be there). For example, stitch will take your current inventory levels and using historical average cost and revenue for these SKUs give you a potential profit figure. This has always been off for me, but that's because my averages are off (thanks to a promotion, data entry or whatnot). My point is unless you're data is 100% solid (and your workflow makes sure it remains that way), Stitch is NOT your CFO in the cloud, even though your CFO will learn to love Stitch to do her job. Bottom line: once you find inertia with Stitch you'll wonder how you did without it.

Pros: - Rich functionality
- Support team is there for you
- Xero integration that just works

Cons: - Browser intense web app - can be sluggish on iPad. But this has improved a lot over past month (it is totally feasible to work on iPad now even if a bit slow).
- No phone support if you don't have the right plan (but honestly the live chat is awesome)

• Reviewed on 16/02/2015
Phillip Y.
Founder/CEO
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2015

"Awesome Product! Easy & Seamless Integration"

Comments: We were spending countless hours keeping our inventory up-to-date across three platforms. Unfortunately we were doing all this manually. Not only were we wasting a lot of time on non-revenue producing activities, but we were also not able to keep up with sales at times and ended up refunding items that were not in stock. Not a very good business practice. Then along came Stitch. We have about 1000-1200 different SKU's. With the help of Stitch's customer service, we were able to export our items to an Excel file, do a little manipulation to them, and import them into stitch in a couple of hours. Unfortunately for us some of our SKU's weren't the same across all three platforms so that took a little while to correct. This was something that just happened over the years of doing things manually. This was a problem we created, but Stitch's folks helped us with ideas of how to get this corrected as well. In all it took about a week to get everything up and running. It was a little painful but most of that was caused by us and how we had all our SKU's entered. But after the initial pain was over, I could not be happier. Not only does all of our inventory update across all platforms when a sale occurs, we are selling MORE because our inventory is real time on all. Before we would limit inventory on a platform or two because we didn't want to sell something we didn't have. Not only are we saving money on keeping up with inventory manually, our revenue is also increasing. How can you beat that? Stitch also allows you to create purchase orders. You can pull in the items that are low stock right into a PO. You can setup your vendors right in the software as well. Once the PO is complete, you just share/email the PO to the vendor right from the software. This is another time saver for us. The best part of this is the receiving process once the order arrives. You just "receive" the items that came in and BOOM....the inventory is updated on all your sites. This is one of my favorite features. Before - we were spending hours on receiving stock and updating across platforms. Now we can spend that time marketing, looking for ways to improve our business, and keeping our eyes on the competition. I can go on and on about this product. In short, you should give it a shot. I'm sold! My only regret is we didn't find out about it sooner.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2015
Graham C.
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"3 Years on Stitch"

Pros: We started using StitchLabs for our inventory in 2015 and have used it ever since. We like how easy it is to fix unlinked orders. When orders become estranged from their parent (due to SKUs not matching between Amazon and StitchLabs, for example) it's easy to identify them and fix the issues. The basic reporting capabilities are useful but not being able to access them on my phone makes the usefulness of them very limited.

Cons: You can't edit inventory levels (quick reconcile) on the product level. Super basic but pretty much essential aspect of any inventory system. Seeing our available inventory is nearly impossible to determine unless we do a tedious subtraction formula for each product just to see our current inventory (Current - Available = Actual Inventory). Stitch loads very slowly on all our computers - mostly 2017 iMacs and MacBook Pros. Stitch has increased their cost dramatically since we started, resulting in a massively unexpected withdrawal from our bank account of $4,000 in a 5 month period due to "overages", which is nothing more than Amazon FBA orders. We're starting a few new businesses soon and we're definitely not using StitchLabs with any new business, and we're trying to figure out how to jump ship onto a different system that we're using for another business of ours that doesn't charge per unit sold. If you're a small business please don't make the same mistake we did and find a different inventory system that doesn't penalize you on each unit sold, especially if you sell on Amazon FBA. StitchLabs will work great for you when you're small, but once you grow to a small business you're locked into Stitch and then you're basically SOL.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2018
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2017

"Lots of holes with this software"

Comments: I have recently joined a company as a financial consultant and have 25+ years using varied operating software (ERP, stand-alone, cloud-based, inventory...). The company I consult for is a distribution company that has several sales channels (3 Shopify and 1 Amazon) selling into both B-to-B and B-to-C customer base. Stitch software seems to work well on the inventory movement side with the syncing from the sales channels as well as shipping the units via ShipStation. So...no issues there... However, on the reporting side and syncing to an integrated accounting solution (we currently use Xero) is where the "holes" begin. Be ready to have the accounting team spend countless hours trying to reconcile Stitch to your accounting system... FIRST ISSUE: is with the closing of a sales order - there are 4 action buttons (pack, ship, invoice, and pay) that need to be completed in order to close the order. At that point, the order (invoice) is synced with Xero. This may work for most B-to-C activity but will not work with B-to-B (selling into wholesalers. Most payment terms offered to wholesalers are net terms (30, 60, 90...). So...the order cannot be closed out until payment is received which will be 1-2 accounting periods later. So the revenue recognition will not be accurate. Companies that carry inventory should confirm to using the accrual method of accounting, not the cash method. Stitch says there is a way to manually close an order...but again this involves a lot of review and the manual closing of several orders. My issue is that Stitch should recognize a sale once the order is shipped, not when the invoice is paid... This is accounting as it's basic (if you're utilizing the accrual method). SECOND ISSUE: we have also encountered numerous syncing issues. You always need to review your accounting software for missed invoices synching from Stitch. It is now Feb 2, 2017, and issue with invoices not synching since Jan 27th...So that will need to be address and reconciliation will need to take place. This issue seems to occur every month, thus, there's a lot of time wasted trying to connect with customer support to rectify the issue. THIRD ISSUE: is that Stitch does not have a "true" sales report. They have 2 basic "sales" reports (Sales by Product and Sales by Variant). Both reports have date parameters so you run a date specific report. The issue is that the Stitch sales report include both OPEN and CLOSED orders. It states it is a sales report but it will never tie back to your sales amount posted in your integrated accounting software. You can get close with the reconciliation but will need to manually back out the open sales order data. Our team here has spent countless times communicating our issues with customer service (either through email, chat or telephone). Quite often if we contact them 2-3 times on the same issue, we may receive 2-3 conflicting solutions. So...you leave the communication more confused than when you started (in this case it was on reconciling sales using existing Stitch reporting). FOURTH ISSUE: COGS. Stitch pushes a manual entry of COGS information to the integrated accounting software only 1-TIME per month. It should show up in your Accounting software as a "draft" journal entry ready for review and posting. We have not seen this monthly journal show up over the past year. So, trying to account for COGS can me was done but you will need to spend lots of hours and run a multitude of reports to make sense of the data. Your COGS entry will not be exact but close. For the bean counters...booking COGS that gets you a close result does not work. You really need to have exact data. My big issue is that Stitch does not allow for daily COGS posting. Thus, if you're working on trying to provide financial updates to management, having them wait until the end of the month does not work. There are certainly lots of potential with this software but first, fix the back-end side.

Pros: - the look and feel, no issues
- the pricing, no issues
- handling the movement of inventory units to/from the sales channels, no issues

Cons: - reporting has lots of holes in it
- perpetual syncing issues to the integrated accounting solution
- the syncing of COGS data to the integrated accounting solution can only be done monthly
- recognition of revenue for customers with "net" terms does not conform to the accrual method of accounting

• Reviewed on 02/02/2017
Debbie J.
Marketing & Advertising
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2015

"Stitch is a great solution to manage my inventory over all my selling channels"

Comments: We operate several online stores and a storefront boutique. Stitch is the perfect solution to manage our product counts over several channels. Our top rated power seller status on eBay relies on good service, accuracy in inventory and managing all of this myself was very time consuming and not always perfect. The set up did take a week of work and effort on my part in gathering up all of our product skus, but once all the data was uniform across the channels stitch was able to link everything together and now we are up and running very smooth. When an item seems on Amazon stitch pulls or replaces it across all the stores. I love this app and am so happy to finally have a solution that works. No more worry overtime an item sells out that I have to pull it quick off eBay or Amazon because stitch is on it.

Pros: 1.Very simple with skus on all the products
2. Great solution for multi-channel selling
3. Saves so much time and worry
4. Once the set up was complete it works like a charm. Love it
5. No more worries when a last item sells on a channel to hurry and pull it because stitch does all the work
6. Reports on product sales provide info to make better decisions
7. Best solution for a multi-channel store

Cons: !. Does not link with my 3dcart website. Please add 3dcart
2. Customer service is hard to reach in the initial set up
3. Had some problems in the set up with Square creating duplicates and had to manually delete them. It was time consuming
4. No phone support unless you upgrade your plan
5. Wish I would have kept shopify because it is compatible, but needed pay with Amazon that 3dcart provided

• Reviewed on 20/09/2015
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"We use this for inventory and channel management"

Comments: We use this all day every day. It gives us unlimited custom fields, brings in orders, reminds us to reorder, allows intracompany transfers, and new features are constantly being added.

Pros: The way it handles inventory management over numerous online channels is amazing and the way it calculates and automates PO's is a time and life saver.

Cons: I wish it had more financial capability. Currently we tie it to Quickbooks for statements and such, but it would be nice if it was an all in one solution.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Alan A.
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2015

"Stitch Labs: Center of our Business Universe"

Pros: Great features, clean UI, informative dash, great support, integrates with everything else we use to run our business. Love how it keeps Amazon and our Shopify store up to date. Could not sell on Amazon without it.

Cons: Hoping they add the ability to save searches for quicker access to select groups of products.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2015
Tori J.
E-Learning
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2015

"For the love of reports!"

Comments: I was looking for a reporting system that could give me accurate sales and products reports to use with my BigCommerce store, and Stitch is it for me!

Pros: The site is very user-friendly, and the reports are easy to generate and read.

Cons: 1) The discounts don't always come across in some of the reports so I have to adjust them by hand, which can be time consuming. 2) The reason why I didn't give Stitch Labs five stars- I only use their services for their reports as I only sell digital products on my site. Since I don't have physical inventory and shipping to manage, I don't use a lot of what Stitch offers. I would like to see a different lower monthly pricing plan for those with shops that only sell digital products and only use their a few of the features. Then they would have five stars! :)

• Reviewed on 09/03/2015
Fairweatherfriends
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2012

"Just what I needed!"

Comments: When I started selling handmade items on Etsy, I realized quickly that I had trouble keeping track of stock because I was also selling the items by hand at shows and to relatives. It was frustrating. I was keeping track of in-person sales on pieces of paper in piles in my studio. Then I found Stitch. Now, thanks to Stitch Labs, I am able to keep track of how much stock I have whether I'm selling online or in person. It's also helped me to streamline keeping track of my expenses so tax time isn't as much of a stress. Their customer service is also really awesome. When I first signed up, I sent in an email and they quickly got back to me and helped me get things set up. This made the transition easier and was super helpful. It's a versatile system that can be adjusted depending on the type of business you're running, and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a little bit of extra organization.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2012
Colin kendrick
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2013

"Just what we needed!"

Comments: We launched our website www.hellolovers.co.uk as well as a number of other channels. We needed a back office tool that would allow all of these to be managed centrally, stock and pricing. We tested several solutions on the market but Stitch came out on top. Cloud based was a big tick for us as we didn't want to manage any server infrastructure and Amazon US / UK as well as Shopify were supported straight out of the box.
We then had some out of the ordinary requests which the development team at Stitch Labs offered a great solution and coded it into our setup.

Pros: Great product, simple to use and great development team to back it up that are quick to respond and very easy to work with.

Cons: Very little to be negative about and even those minor things the development team are very approachable to adding to their development timeline.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2013
Ashley g.
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2013

"Can't imagine running my business without it"

Comments: Our business grew quicker than we anticipated and we knew we had to do something to manage our orders. We tried a calendar, talked about creating a database ourselves and numerous other things but they all took SO much time and left a lot of room for errors. So I took to the web and found Stitch. The customer service is by far the best I've ever come across. My questions have been answered within minutes or the same day if they were more involved. They're friendly, informative, and they know what business owners need to run their business with ease. We love all of the reports and features that allow us to do so much more than just get our orders out of the door. Would highly recommend Stitch to anyone wanting to grow their business and get an inside view at your sales, profits, expenses and more!

• Reviewed on 12/02/2013
Get stitch labs now!
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2013

"Amazing!"

Comments: I have been using Stitch Labs almost since it was brand new. It is perfect for managing your business especially if you have multiple sales channels. It allows you to integrate your online sales channels, shopping channels, POS sales and even manual orders into one place. It is extremely versatile. Issue POs, invoices, manage inventory, manage fulfillment. They have really done a truly amazing job. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for an inventory management solution, especially if you use more than one sales channel.

Pros: • Easy to use
• Clean UX
• Easy to learn
• Multiple users
• Multiple sales channels
• Multiple permissions for users

Cons: Sometimes it doesn't make me breakfast when I ask. But only sometimes.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2013
Bill F.
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2015

"The magic wand of integration - Stitch Rocks!"

Comments: We were looking for a solution that would tie our online eCommerce platform to an order management/inventory system, but also make shipping very easy. WE run Fatbikes.com and have to balance consumer direct sales with a growing network of wholesale dealers. After very careful consideration and a leap of faith, we chose StitchLabs as a hub to connect a BigCommerce cart to accounting and shipping solution. The result? A seamless, efficient system that was intuitive to use. We have been very happy.

Pros: Constantly adding additional functionality. Good customer support. Intuitive interface. Great integration with commonly used eCommerce platforms.

Cons: No easy way to handle a return.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2015
Greg (www.yummytreasures.etsy.com)
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2013

"Stitch is great!"

Comments: We switched to Stitch labs about three months ago and we have been VERY happy! Being one of the largest Etsy sellers of jewelry making supplies (over 7,000 sku's) has made inventory a hassle... until Stitch! Now it's a snap! It's been a time saver, money saver, and helped reduce oversold product! What more can you ask for! And on top of that, their Customer Service has been great! Well worth the money!

Pros: 1) Easy to learn.
2) Dependable.
3) Customer Service is A++++.
4) Always seem to be working on how to make the system even better!
5) Perfect for small and growing businesses!

Cons: 1) Limited CSV upload capability. (Which is being worked on!)
2) ??????

• Reviewed on 15/08/2013
Julie S.
Religious Institutions
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2015

"Excellent Customer Care"

Comments: I inherited the Stitch Labs inventory system with very little training so found myself relying heavily on the customer care people to guide me through some integration issues we were experiencing. Every member of the team was gracious and patient with this "newbie" to Stitch, walking me through problem-solving steps and further directing me to various helpful training links. It's great to have immediate access to stock levels for ordering purposes. A great inventory control system and customer care team!

Pros: - a system that integrates with multiple sales channels.
- relatively easy to navigate, once you become familiar with the program.
- tracking reports.
- awesome customer care.

Cons: - customer care is handled via live chat. If you're someone who does better talking with a live person, this may be an issue.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2015
Nathan G.
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2016

"Great program"

Comments: I sell on ebay and amazon and before I found stitch I was manually moving inventory between store fronts and couldn't easily sell something I had 1 of on both. Stitch has not only helped with keeping an accurate count of inventory and representing it on both sites simultaneously, but also cuts down on relisting time and manual inventory counting. I tried several other similar products but none of them had the ease of setup, intuitive interface, features, and customer support that stitch offers especially for the price. I would highly recommend Stitch for anyone selling across multiple platforms.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2016
Monera
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2013

"You can't beat it for the price"

Comments: Stitch is a full-scale inventory management app that will serve the needs of most small to medium sized businesses, especially those operating online retail/e-commerce stores. It's big on integration and support is very hands-on, fast and aware.

Pros: Easy to get started with and integrate, easy to use and navigate. Unbeatable price for the features included.

Cons: Currently no way to apply a credit note to an invoice or apply a refund to customer directly.
Also for businesses that buy/sell in multi-currencies, there is not multi-currency feature at present.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2013
Dimestore
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2014

"Just what we needed...."

Comments: Stitch Labs is just what our company needed .
We have 2 websites and were looking for a inventory management program.
Found the app for stitch labs on etsy..
Using Stitch Labs is going to make it so much easier to track the inventory
And with almost 5000 items on each site ,
We were desperate ...

Pros: The ease of use.
Customer service is fantastic.
Reports are easy to read and follow.
The tracking is a great feature.
I highly recommend Stitch Labs.

Cons: None

• Reviewed on 17/01/2014
Cherri N.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Has the perfect integration for Quickbooks online users"

Pros: Has a great integration with Amazon, and offers one for Etsy. Which is difficult to find with a solution provider. Integrates with Magento, which some of their competitors have dropped.

Cons: There is no visible pricing levels for a smaller company, which is strange, as they are promoting Etsy as an integration partner.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Brick R.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2015

"The perfect WOO Solution"

Comments: We have over 300 skus in our online shop and tracking inventory / orders was becoming a headache. Luckily I came across Stitch Labs which has everything we needed and more. My time spent on managing orders/inventory went from 4 hours to 1 hour a day. The integration was done within hours and the support team was there very step of the way, always accessible by phone and chat. The software is intuitive and easy to use.

Pros: Fantastic support, online chat and phone support is superb.
Easy interface and integration with woo and ship station
Free trial so you can make sure it works for you

Cons: A few minor bugs but they are quick to fix

• Reviewed on 08/10/2015
Kim M.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2015

"Easy to Use Inventory Software"

Comments: As our business expanded it became increasingly difficult to manage our inventory volumes for multiple online retail stores. I researched different software programs out there and decided to use Stitch Labs. I have been extremely happy with how easy the program is to use and how efficient we have become in managing our inventory levels and keep up with demand. I would highly recommend this program especially for integration with Etsy.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2015
Rob M.
Co-owner
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2015

"Great way to share & control your inventory on multiply channels"

Comments: Smart & well thought out system. Since we are dealing with unique & individual products Stitch opened the door us to sell same item on several channels at same time without worrying about double sale. Easy to learn and use but spotted some lacks of app in work. The customer service is 5star and SL was happy to collect observations to fix , rationalize and make more user friendly the app.
Definitely worth every penny,