Filter by:

• Overall

About GloFox

The complete boutique fitness club and gym management software: Manage memberships, schedules, bookings and payments the smart way.

Learn more about GloFox

Natalie G.
Natalie G.
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

First steps into new business made easier with GloFox

5 last year

Comments: Sales, leads, marketing, basically everything I need to operate a boutique studio. I like the waiting list feature and how easy it looks to make it both branded to my company and tailored to exactly what me and my clients need. I’m looking forward to starting the build process to see how it goes. The experience so far has been all good Fromm y perspective.

Pros:

Ease of Communication, with regular follow ups from sales team. Very friendly and helpful, giving lots of experienced based tips to help me get started. Seems to be simple system to operate, which is important for me as I’m not very technical with IT. I liked that we could discuss everything about the product and there wasn’t any pressure to go with GloFox. It just simply was the best value product for what I need. The app looks great, and I think going for the Gold option from the outset was the best idea, as it means my clients can be used to using the app right from the start, rather than just using web services initially and then having to change.

Cons:

Nothing really, only thing I have noted is no compatibility with Spivi - which won’t be an issue but just something I’ll need to sort separately. I can’t see too many downsides at the moment, everything so far from first contact to agreeing to partner has been flawless.

Alternatives Considered: Mindbody and ZingFit

Reasons for Switching to GloFox: Price, software visuals, communication, reviews.

9 months ago

Hi Natalie, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it. Glad to hear you're having a good experience. - The Glofox Team

Andy K.
Andy K.
Director in Ireland
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Not getting any better

4 last year

Pros:

It's easy to use for the customer, but so are most other booking apps

Cons:

Being ignored by customer support. System is very slow. Lots of glitches, although less in the last year to be fair. I cannot recommend Glofox. I've been a customer for 3 years and I've tried to stick with then through all their setup problems (of which there were many), but lately their customer service has gotten worse and worse. Now a major issue has come to light on the accuracy of their reporting, so I can no longer make accurate reports on income. As a result I misreported my income for 2018 by quite some margin, I cannot lodge my income for 2019 and am late filing VAT returns. I first reported this on the 16th of September and it's been with their "engineering team" ever since with no updates and they are now ignoring me completely, even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is ignoring me. If they can't get something as simple as the income to report accurately then I've lost all faith. The system is also extremely slow and despite using different laptops, several browsers, PC and Mac and various internet connections, I get fobbed off that its an issue at my end. Yet when I reset filters it works straight away. But then slows down again very quickly afterwards. I have over 500 support issues back and forth with Glofox support in 3 years.

9 months ago

Hey Andy, first off let us start by saying we're sorry to hear you had so many issues with us. We strive to bring our customers exceptional products and service. I hope since leaving this review we've found a resolution for you. If you have any questions or concerns please drop us a mail at [email protected] and we'll make sure to review them for you. Thank you - The Glofox Team

Gary R.
Director in Ireland

Good Product

4 last week New

Comments: It is a good product, the customer service can take a while to come back to you. There are better products out there for much cheaper!

Pros:

The ability to track client attendances.

Cons:

Other products give far more for a cheaper price i.e. full financial reports etc.

Alternatives Considered: LegitFit

Reasons for Choosing GloFox: I swithced to a different product as it was better value for money and the customer services is better.

Reasons for Switching to GloFox: I opted out of Glofox after using it for approximately 3 years.

Stephanie G.
Yoga studio owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

GloFox has been such a better experience than other platforms!

5 2 years ago

Comments: My personal account helper, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been so incredibly helpful. She has gone above and beyond to help me be successful and to run my business more efficiently.

Pros:

That if I have had problems arise while using glofox, the customer support I have received has been super helpful. They have spent as much time as is needed to help me make sure everything is set up and my questions are early answered.

Cons:

There are a few tie ups that are inconvenient. Like, I cannot be listed as a trainer in classes since I am the administrator so I had to create a dummy account to get around that restriction. But the problems are minor and nothing to be super frustrated over.

2 years ago

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Karyn S.
Local Operator in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Content ahead of the curve

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have been using Glofox for quite some time now. I have seen the efforts to continue to improve the product as well as staying ahead of the curve with content to continue to educate the users on the updates and what is already in place.

Pros:

1. Increased ease of use over the years 2. App usage 3. Helpful support

Cons:

1. At times it can run slow 2. No option to have a client have funds in the account and use them for different sessions in a week (instead of creating custom packages)

Alternatives Considered: Acuity Scheduling and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to GloFox: Discussions with customer service, I was able to meet with the staff in person when I visited Dublin many years ago

2 years ago

Hi Karyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Decker L.
Owner in US

Review

5 9 months ago

Comments: Very easy to use software that has helped me bill recurring payments and organize my scheduling.

Pros:

The software is very easy to use and navigate.

Cons:

I could benefit from a messaging forum type feature. Maybe this is available with the custom app but not sure. The current messaging abilities work just fine though.

Alternatives Considered: Wodify and Zen Planner

Reasons for Switching to GloFox: The clean visually appealing interface and ease of use.

8 months ago

Hi Decker! Thank you so much for leaving a review, and welcome to Glofox. We're glad you find our software easy to use and visually appealing. We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional user experience. Thank you also for your suggestions surrounding messaging. We do have a community section within our member app that works in a similar way to a news feed and we also offer the ability to send push notifications, SMS, and emails. If you would like to know more about any of the above, you can reach out to us at [email protected] I will also pass your suggestions onto the relevant teams. Thanks again, -The Glofox Team

Audrey L.
Studio Manager in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Happy we made the switch!

5 3 years ago

Comments: We spent a long time researching different studio software options and Glofox has definitely helped us make big technological strides forward from the app to check in kiosk capabilities. Though the retail aspects are second tier, these aren't our top priorities either at the moment. Would definitely recommend trying the demo and exploring Glofox to other yoga studios.

Pros:

The interface for both our staff and students has been far more intuitive and easy to use than our last program. The reporting is clear and the app has inspired more online bookings for classes. Check in is starting to run more smoothly giving our teachers more time to focus on class and less time dealing with frustrations with a clunky system at the desk. The way the system is set up also allows individuals to navigate it in different ways that make the most personal sense to them rather than forcing everyone to learn the exact same steps. Customer service has been very attentive and responsive as we've made the transition to Glofox which is much appreciated. We have felt supported through the whole process so far. The more we learn about the program the more customized we've made it to our needs which has been great.

Cons:

The only cons so far are minor tech capabilities we're hoping to see evolve soon. You can only sell one retail item at a time, though there are some work arounds. We would also like to be able to check our teachers and staff into class and sell them retail items without creating separate student profiles. In the grand scheme of operations these are small details that haven't derailed us and we look forward to seeing upcoming changes with the program.

Junior C.
Owner in
2-10 Employees

Committed to helping your business succeed. 10/10 Glofox!

5 5 years ago

Comments: My experience with Glofox has been fantastic. The training was very easy to follow and their support team made sure I had everything I needed to get up and running - very understanding and always happy to help out with any queries.

Pros:

The admin dashboard makes it really easy to keep track of my class schedule, memberships, payments and overall member activity. If you want to spend more time than ever before with your clients helping them achieve their goals, you need a system like this! The reporting section of the dashboard makes it effortless to monitor our performance: sales (by class, membership, course or even trainer), first time visits, bookings and attendances etc. This is great for identifying areas of the business that have room for growth. The app itself is so simple for our members to use. They can easily book their class or course and even pay for it straight through the app. If there's an update or news that I need to circulate fast, I can do it with the app, minus the hassle of calling up clients or wondering if they opened the email or not. These push notifications through the app are a great way to promote new classes or courses too. People see our messages on the home screen of their phone almost as soon as we send them and they can book in on the exact same platform. The perfect way to increase bookings and keep the momentum going! Not to mention, a great way to generate new leads. We can promote the app and encourage potential members to download it and get a taste of what we have to offer.

Cons:

It would have been great if we found Glofox sooner!

James F.
President in Canada

5 11 months ago

Comments: The team at Glofox has been very good. They answer questions and take time to help you understand what to do. There is also constant new development happening within the program which makes it better each month.

Pros:

The program is easy to use. Navigation and setup works well and simplifies my daily routine for running the business. The App is by far the best feature with this programming. It is easy to use and gives clients very direct access to classes and events that are happening within the facility.

Cons:

The least liked feature is not being able to print contracts and having to sign up parents for accounts so there children can have their accounts active. This is also not a martial arts based software system, however it works well for my studio which also has fitness classes.

Alternatives Considered: Zen Planner and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to GloFox: The sales team at Glofox was great. They were not trying to push me into anything. They were patient and listened to what I was looking for in reagrds to how I run my business.

9 months ago

Hey James, thanks so much for leaving a review and we appreciate the feedback. We'll make sure to pass on your suggestions to the relevant teams. Thanks again. - The Glofox Team

Tiffany D.
Bootcamp owner in US

Glofox admin review

4 2 years ago

Comments: I’d give it a B+. The support follow up really lacks.

Pros:

It’s simple and user friendly. It has streamlined my calendar and client bookings to have them online.

Cons:

It’s very challenging to follow the revenue reports and be able to know which client purchase is associated with the statement. It would be helpful if it was labeled by client/user name. There are also a few glitches with the software that I’ve mentioned to support but there hasn’t been a resolution. For example, when my clients import their class to their phone calendar the business address shows up, not the class location address. This has caused a lot of confusion with my clients. The timeline from purchase to direct deposit is also not consistent. Some times it takes 2 days, sometimes 5, that makes accounting difficult.

Alternatives Considered: Pike13 and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to GloFox: Pricing and simplicity. I have 100 clients, not 1,000.

2 years ago

Hi Tiffany, Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you're enjoying using Glofox. We take customer feedback very seriously and will be sure to pass it on to our product team. The Glofox Team

James I.
Director in UK

Glofox Review from E-Motion Fitness Hub

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great for taking member Subscriptions, signing waivers and easy to book classes.

Pros:

User friendly and well presented and it Integrates well with the WIX website.

Cons:

The Courses don't appear on the Calendar of the Staff App.

Alternatives Considered: Wodify, ClubRight, and Tribe

Reasons for Switching to GloFox: The others seemed inferior.

2 years ago

Hi James, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that Glofox has helped you to grow and manage your business. Thank you for the feedback also on the staff app. We'll be sure to pass this on to the product team! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Jo-ann N.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism

One of the best studio investments I've made!

5 5 years ago

Comments: Glofox is a wonderful system that has helped me in a number of ways to run my studio in an easy, organised fashion. I was hesitant at the start to change my ways, but a year in, it only gets better.

Pros:

It organises members, keeps them in constant contact, promotes the studio, sells products, is highly efficient and easy to use. Not only that, there is a great help service which has been available to answer all sorts of mundane questions from me! At all sorts of hours might I add. I'm not the best on computers so this in itself was super helpful. It didn't take me long at all to get the hang of working the system. It is by far one of the best studio investments I've made to date.

Cons:

None!

5 years ago

Hi Jo Ann, Thanks for a writing a review for us! We appreciate you taking the time. We'll always be here to help no matter what the question, or the time! Keep up the great work. All the best, Timmy Head of Support

Jacob P.
Receration Associate in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees

Glofox's software is easy to use and their customer service is second to none.

5 4 years ago

Comments: The Glofox app has taken our gym to the next level. We really needed a way to connect with our members in an effective way as well as concentrate our information into an easy to access forum. Glofox has enabled us to do that in a far more cost effective way than having a custom-designed app from a non-specialized software company. Since they focus on gym owners and operators, they offer you solutions that you might not even realize that you have yet and walk with you through each step of the process. I would recommend their services to anyone who wants to grow their client base, have less overhead and automate their administrative and scheduling processes.

Pros:

When we were in the exploratory stage trying to find the right software for our gym, we sought to find a product that was cost effective, user-friendly, adaptable, and came with responsive support. We couldn't be more pleased with the ways that Glofox has delivered on those categories and exceeded our expectations.

Cons:

I'm not sure we have had enough time with it to find any faults for the applications that we'd like to use it for. The only drawbacks I could foresee would have to do with adapting a service within the app to meet a unique need we have as a Recreation Ministry. I'm confident that we would receive support to assist us in meeting that need though.

4 years ago

Hi Jacob, Thanks for sharing your experience! It's been a pleasure working with you and the team at Dawson Recreation Ministry. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Peggy N.
owner/instructor in US

Using Glofox as a small Studio

4 8 months ago

Comments: Overall, I like the product. I am hoping that another month from now we will just be coasting a long easily and I won't be fielding questions or problems from the students.

Pros:

I like the separation of Virtual and in studio classes. Students find it easy to sign in. I did find the onboarding proccess stressful and and at times confussing.

Cons:

I wish it was easier to track student payments along side of their class participation. I don't really understand this whole class credit thing. Is a credit a class? I think the credits just confuse people.

8 months ago

Hello Peggy, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you like having an option to offer a hybrid of online and onsite classes, we hope this feature makes it easier for you to grow and nurture your client base. We're also grateful for your feedback on our onboarding experience. If there was something in particular that you found confusing, please do reach out and let us know so we can improve our process going forward. If you need additional support, we have a ton of useful content over on our Knowledge Base: https://support.glofox.com/ Thanks again -The Glofox Team

General Manager in Qatar
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Nightmare of an app! Nothing works peorperly. Issues daily

1 3 years ago

Pros:

The marketing campaign was nice. The discounted prices were nice. The app looked clean. What the app and glofox claimed to do seems very useful. However, the reality is quite different.

Cons:

The issues are far too many and far too frequent, but here is a summary: 1. Customers are still unable to book some classes 2.All the reports are completely wrong. From revenue generation, to members, to leads, to no shows, literally nothing works. 3. We have a huge discrepancy in our revenue. 2/3 of the revenue reported by glofox is wrong. 3. Memberships don’t work 4. Promos don’t work 5. Clients have been wrongly charged 6. We aren’t able to call customer support for help because they almost never answer 7. It takes forever for glofox to finally fix very urgent issues that are hurting our operations. We still have some issues that are not solved yet. You are far better off not having an app than having glofox.

2 years ago

Firstly, thank you for the very honest review and feedback. It goes without saying that we have clearly not delivered on what was promised to you when you signed up with Glofox. I am sorry that you seem to have had such a bad experience with the platform. Usually in cases like this, something has gone wrong with the implementation of the software. There should be no valid reason why Members cant book or buy a membership. This is the core functionality of the platform. Also our reporting only reflects the transactions in the software so it could not be the case that a proportion of the revenue report is wrong. We are very keen to work with you to resolve these issues but unfortunately, you did not leave your name with the review and we are unable to identify your account from the description. If you do read this response, please contact us on [email protected] and reference this review and a member of the team will contact you immediately to help resolve the issues Best regards Anthony Kelly Chief Customer Officer

Chris M.
Business Development Manager in Ireland
Used the Software for: Not provided

App and Website for Leisure Facility,

4 6 years ago

Comments: I have found the App exceptionally easy to administrate and even more importantly it is simple to download and function from our members point of view which is key, we have integrated this into the website now and can drive traffic and sales through these platforms 24/7 which is something that we previously could not offer.
Of course we want to keep kicking on from here so we look forward to updates as they happen.
With a smooth launch without any technical issues we are delighted with our choice and the service we have received from day one.
Chris Melia,
Business Development Manager.

6 years ago

Chris, thanks for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time! We're delighted to see the success you've achieved by driving traffic through your website and mobile app! We have some great new features in development for release in 2016: DASHBOARD A new Dashboard with weekly and monthly calendar views, enhanced point of sale, quicker loading time, improved ease of use and enhanced reporting configurations. COMMUNITY BUILDING Enhanced push notification filters including the ability to target by class attendance, activity and membership type. Also, the launch of a 'community' feature enabling members and or trainers to message each other via your Glofox App. Workout tracking is also in the pipeline. MANAGEMENT & ACCOUNTING The development of an Admin and Trainer app so that you can manage your business directly from your mobile phone. CHECK IN Via a "Check in Kiosk" or an "In App barcode" or key tag. We'll keep you updated on the launch!

Mohammed I.
Owner in UK
2-10 Employees

Amazing Membership Management System

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Super easy to use and the app associated makes its great for our members (booking classes, check push notifications from us, and paying for services). Support are awesome, our account manager is the man, always ready to help us through any problems or questions.

Cons:

Like any new software system, just takes getting used to, but other than that nothing that bad. Support team are amazing and help you through it all.

2 years ago

Hi Mohammed! Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Glofox. Great to hear that you're enjoying using our software and that you got such great support from the team. We're excited to watch your business grow and succeed with Glofox! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Edele D.
Owner in Ireland

Very easy to use. Extremely helpful customer support.

5 5 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use. Great back up and support Friendly staff Colourful app Easy dashboard to use Great instructions if anything goes wrong Quick feedback on any issues or problems Quick enough to learn how to use Members learned how to use quickly Ease of payment methods Takes pressure off us having to remind members of renewals It has generated us more members Greater flexibility for members for class booking and visibility to class spaces Takes pressure off us to control and manage bookings Easy access to members details No revenue lost on delayed renewals

Cons:

Can sometimes be slow but it is improving Took my members a week to transition to change but all good now

4 years ago

Hi Edele, It's fantastic to hear that you're no longer losing revenue due to delayed renewals! We really appreciate your feedback. Our development team is constantly working on improving load time, so rest assured that this will keep improving! All the best, The Glofox Team

Emma F.
Owner in France
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees

4 5 years ago

Comments: My clients love the app and find the user experience good. The system has evolved in the time we have been using it and Glofox appear to be continually trying to better the user experience both for the studio owner and their clients.

Pros:

The app is great. Easy to change things.

Cons:

Still needs some usability tweeking on studio owner side but this is ongoing.

5 years ago

Hi Emma, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're delighted to hear that your clients love the app - we're all about the user experience! Our development team are continually working on making things even better for you and your clients - so we'll be sure to let you know when the next round of updates are ready! Yours in fitness, Timmy | Head of Support

Claire A.
Yoga Teacher in
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

It's made my life easier and my clients love it!

5 5 years ago

Comments: After doing a whole lot of research I came across Glofox. I have been signed up with them for a year now and to be honest I've not looked back.The software does everything I need and more.
Customer support is 100% and that has been consistent throughout the year. They have always been friendly, patience and very helpful, for that alone I would recommend them.
I love using the software but what is better is my clients love the app. I was redesigning my website and thought it was a novelty, but actually it has been much more than that.
I am very happy with Glofox and would highly recommended them.

Pros:

It's easy to use, clients are really impressed with the app. Its cuts down on admin so saves me time. I can now reach everyone with push notifications and clients can be responsible for their own classes which again saves me a number of emails and calls.

Cons:

I would use the shop if there was a shipping option. To allow therapists to be able to access their part of the app to adjust their personal schedule.

Hoa V.
Vice President in US
Sports, 2-10 Employees

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Easy to learn and to keep track of classes and members.

Cons:

So technical problems every now and then like pictures are not uploading

2 years ago

Hi Hoa! Thanks for sharing your positive experience with Glofox! We're delighted to hear that you are finding Glofox easy to use and working for your studio! Thank you for the valuable feedback. We will be sure to pass this on to our product team! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Niall B.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

So far we have had a very easy and efficient transition for our last provider to Glofox

5 4 years ago

Comments: We receive and system that is easy for our clients to manage and also provided a media that we can jeep in contact with our clients more readily. Push notifications are very help full and although we have not used it yet but the in app thread wI'll be brilliant for us for feed our client info on a more regular basis. Information that we believe will create a stronger trainer client relationship which we believe is very important.

Pros:

I like that the system is very easy to use from both our management side of things, to our customer experience. Clear visual display makes the app. that bit more user friendly and attractive to use.

Cons:

The system can be a little glitchy, as is the same with most computer system but Glofox have vowed to deal with these issues as they arise and this far have held up to their side of the bargin.

4 years ago

Hi Niall, Thanks for sharing the details on your seamless transition to Glofox. We look forward to working with you long into the future! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Anne dorthe G.
Owner in Denmark
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Professionel service from first contact.

5 9 months ago

Comments: I would say that no matter ehich of the teammembers you talk to, they arevdoibg evwrything they can to help.
At no point are you left alone.

Pros:

A combination of many things. But the app is very user friendly and also the overall view of the business.

Cons:

I have not YET used it enough to know what I least like.

8 months ago

Hello Anne, and welcome to Glofox. Thank you so much for leaving a review. We're happy to hear you find our software easy to use - that's a big differentiator for us, so we're glad it shines through. We hope you find continued success with us as you grow with Glofox. We'll also make sure to pass these comments onto the relevant teams. Thanks again Anne! -The Glofox Team

Daniel E.
Manager in UK
Sports, 51-200 Employees

Product and service offered is Great

5 5 years ago

Comments: We had used the services of Glofox for more than 6months and found them to offer a great product with the support to match. The system is clean and very usable for both staff and customers via the web and app portals. Very happy with the product and company who seem to have a vision for continuous improvement.

Pros:

The ease and clean look of this product

Cons:

Development for courses and area bookings section needed for usability. but Classes section is great.

5 years ago

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your great review! Be sure to get in touch if you have any questions whatsoever :). All the best, Glofox Support.

Eddy T.
Gym Owner in UK
Import & Export, Self Employed

Very impressed and so are my clients!

5 5 years ago

Comments: Very impressed with the ease of use. I'm normally hopeless with anything technical and Glofox have been a blessing. From the beginning we were in contact as often as I needed and had the app and dashboard set up before I knew it. Any questions that I had about making changes to classes or members were quickly answered which has made everything so straight forward that I have more time to focus on delivering sessions and working on client retention. Can't rate these guys highly enough. Thank you

Pros:

Takes away the stress away from dealing with payments and class bookings, gives me much more time to do other things.

Cons:

Could do with booking and taking payments for Sports Therapy treatments.

5 years ago

Hi Eddy, Thanks for taking the time to review Glofox. Ease of use is one of our top priorities, so we're glad you agree - you don't need to be a data scientist to use Glofox! We appreciate the feedback too. We'll be sure to pass this on to our product team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team