Reftab Reviews

4.7 (53) Write a Review!

About Reftab

A customizable and full featured asset tracking platform. Easy to setup and use. Cloud based and mobile. World-class support.

Learn more about Reftab

Pros:

Cons:

The range of labels supported is a little disappointing but they are adding additional labels going forward.

Reftab ratings

4.7
4.9
4.5
4.9

9.6/10

Reftab has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 53 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Reftab before?

MarcAndre
IT Supervisor in Canada
Computer Games, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Reftab in a quickly changing environment

Comments: Every time we had ideas for features, the developers have been very responsive, very quick to apply them (or mention why it's not possible when that was the case). Reftab has been super flexible and very prone to help our business. We definitely have a before and after Reftab in term of quality of asset tracking.

Pros:

Reftab made it so much easier for us to adapt to the ever changing environment of our studio and constant movement of assets between desks or employees. It perfectly scaled to our studios worldwide, and allowed us to maintain standards between our studios.

Cons:

There is not much to not like about Reftab. We haven't used the customer portal since it's not very well suited for our kind of environment (where IT has a closer control on assets and accessories), but this doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend it.

Robert
Associate Director IT in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Reftab is awesome

Comments: I needed to find a solution to manage checkout hardware for staff and students. Anything from laptops to slide rulers. I checked into several options. Some free, some where the startup cost was over $5K. When I found Reftab, I was sold right away. It was so easy to get setup and it covered everything I needed. But then, there's the tech support and customer service aspect. Wholly cow, the Reftab team is on it!!! I've run into a few cases where I could use a feature. I submitted my use case and OMG, they developed it and implemented it. Now, if I asked for something that no one would use, mileage could vary, but they respond quickly and really seem to understand my needs as a customer. The product is great, but the support is what really sold me!

Pros:

Reftab is really intuitive. I setup my first instance without needing any support and barely glancing at the documentation. I had a fully functioning demo running with assets and testing check in check out in about an hour of signing up for a demo account. The mobile app adds to that intuitive use.

Cons:

I wish I could tie printing inventory labels to my Dymo labelwriter and use a label template to print more customized intentory labels right from the Dymo. OK... I haven't asked if that was possible, yet.

Luciën
Luciën
IT Administrator in Netherlands

Reftab Asset Management

Pros:

Reftab is a great package what creates and gives ease of use of asset management. It's structured and clear.

Cons:

I'm missing some features such as bulk transfer or bulk assign to user but that's quite it, further it's quite neatly build!

Reftab Response

last year

Hi Lucien, thank you for the review - the ability to bulk assign to a user exists in a couple different places, such as the asset table and the mobile app. Meaning you can assign multiple different assets and peripherals / accessories to users at once. I think the place you're looking for is within the accessory page. This is easy for us to add and will have it ready for our next release. Thank you again for your review!

James
Purchasing Agent in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees

Top Notch Asset Tracking !!!

Comments: Increased efficiency in tool tracking, maintenance, and deployment into the field. We typically inventory tools every 6 months. this makes the process a breeze.

Pros:

Easy to use. I love that it is cloud based, so I can access it from anywhere. Extremely customizable, from categories to workflows to reports. Support team is highly responsive.

Cons:

app functionality is a little behind the browser based version.

Scott
Information Technology Engineer in US
Research, 51-200 Employees

Absolutely astonished by the support offered by Reftab

Pros:

Reftab checks all of our boxes for a ITAM tool. The Jira, Intune, and Jamf syncs allow us to trust Reftab as our 100% live source of truth for all of our most critical assets. The software is easy to use and has been a real win for us. While the software is great, support is really where Reftab shines. There have now been two instances where I've found a bug and reported it to their support team. Both times they were able to apply a fix within hours of me reporting the issue. I'm absolutely blown away at how responsive and helpful their support team is. I cannot evangelize them enough!

Cons:

None, reftab has been able to satisfy all of our business needs.

Olivia
Operations Assistant in France
Investment Management Software, 201-500 Employees

Fantastic so far!

Comments: From the first point of contact, Reftab have been amazing. I have been in contact with Mike, who I believe to be one of the founders of the software. Personally I find that amazing that we have contact with a founder, who is really able to give me all the answers I need directly without going through long support terminals like with other software programs. Mike has been extremely helpful with the setup of our account - always replying very quickly to emails.
Although we are only just (slowly) starting to use Reftab, everything about it is great so far & it works really well.
Due to an extremely busy work schedule, we have not been able to push its limits just yet, but so far, so good.
Thanks to the Reftab team for all the help so far!

Pros:

- The features are super easy to use - the Reftab team are very responsive, efficient & effective when it comes to troubleshooting or answering queries - The check-in /out feature is really simple to use - almost everything is modifiable & customisable

Cons:

The mobile app lacks the option to edit details / barcodes for Accessories, which from an Office Supply Management POV, is important as it allows me to work from my mobile when adding / editing stock. The request portal (to my knowledge) does not allow for indefinite loans of accessories OR assets, which could be useful for us at least. It also does not yet allow requests for consumable accessories, which again, could be useful for us.

Reftab Response

4 months ago

Hi Olivia, thank you for writing such a wonderful review! We're so happy to hear Reftab is working well for you and your team!

Bryan
IT Specialist in US

It checked all of my boxes and thensome

Comments: Overall this is a great software to use. It has all the features that I want with a few pleasant surprises. It does have some issues but they are very minor and will eventually get addressed. I really appreciate that they listened and ended up create an auto collecting agent for Windows. This feature was not present when I started using them so I suggested it (along with others I am sure) and was very pleased to see it get added in.

Pros:

The main factors that pulled me to reftab are the integrations, computer agent, customization, and ease of deployment. I really appreciate that it integrates with Jira (it's surprising how few system do this) so that when someone submits a ticket, I know which computer they have. I also like the agent and it's ability to collect important information on my Windows machines like the IP address.

Cons:

It has a few bugs to it but bugs eventually get fixed so long as they are brought up. I would like to see display themes primarily. I do not mind the gray, white, and green but I would like to see some darker color options; however that is purely for aesthetics.

Joyce
Staff Administrative Assistant in US
Research, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good system for current needs - some upgrades would make it more useful.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, it's meeting our needs to monitor inventory stock and assets. As we continue to use the software, we may find other needs to utilize it more.

Pros:

Mobile app scanning, easy navigation of software,

Cons:

- would be nice to be able to have "clone" feature for accessories. - the ability to edit notes in accessories that have been issued - the ability to create accessories from scanning in mobile app. currently, it will only create assets. currently, all accessories are created from a desktop. having the ability to do both from mobile app would be more helpful/useful. - limited information can be seen in mobile app - seeing loan history in mobile app could be helpful

Yasmeen
Assistant in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Exactly What We Needed

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The ease of use, value for the price, and customer support were extremely important when choosing a management system. Reftab's trial allowed us to test for what we needed without being tied down with a hefty price tag and features we didn't need.

Cons:

I would like to see more tutorials or quick guides on taking advantage of all the features.

Joseph
Senior Technical Manager in United Arab Emirates

Simple and effective

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Happy customer

Pros:

Mobile app scanning is incredibly useful

Cons:

Some bugs in the interface, documentation could also be a little clearer. Minor issues in the grand scheme of things.

Kevin
Director of Quality in US

Great New Asset Management Tool

Comments: I'd started w/ Reftab as a cloud based asset management tool for tracking and managing electric vehicle charging stations. I've also used Device42 then Insight by Riada as competing products because had developed integrations with Jira Cloud and Jira Service Desk Cloud for our task and service ticket management. Reftab continued to develop their product and has now integrated with Jira. Nice! The cost/month is currently less than 50% of the monthly subscription cost for competing products and the functionality and customer service are truly excellent for our asset tracking and management needs.

Pros:

Great value for $ Integrates and Interacts with Atlassian Jira and Jira Service Desk (Provides link between the asset and any issues or tickets) Bulk Import of existing asset information from existing tools. Easy to setup new fields with different configurations. Good filters to find what you are looking for quickly. Mobile app/interface

Cons:

The initial product did not integrate with Jira Service Desk. Reftab has since added this capability and setup was reasonably simple.

Ashley
Tech Support Specialist Senior in US
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Stellar Customer Support

Comments: From the trial period to full implementation, we really have had a good experience. This system has vastly reduced the number of individual tasks we used to complete at each checkout and has helped to streamline and improve customer experience. I have reached out on approximately 4-5 occasions with questions and have always had a quick response time, with a solution to my question every time. We are about 4 months into our switch and I am satisfied with the solution for our campus.

Pros:

The price of this software is definitely a win. We were previously using multiple home-built applications to fill this need. Moving from a home built to purchased application always comes down to value for the money. The Customer Support has been prompt, friendly, and efficient. I have reached out a few times and have had near-immediate response times. New features have become available since implementing this solution. I have seen options that I have inquired about implemented in the last 4 months. Impressive. The setup and ease of use are paramount. We have a high turn over of student workers utilizing and learning to use this system. They caught on to this application so much faster than the multiple applications we were previously using that the training time has basically paid for the program already!

Cons:

I wish the reporting features were as easy to navigate as checkouts are. They do not run in a way that is as intuitive to me. Especially when attempting to refine data into smaller increments. Automatic emails are great, and reduce the amount of individual notifications I need to send, but they could do with a slight improvement. There are terms coded into the auto emails to pull things like due date, asset name, or borrower name but not every email forms have the same terms. When I modified the email template the first time I removed some of those terms, and then could not remember exactly how they were worded to get them back. The support team has been great at quickly responding to emails to and providing fixes for any issues I have reported, but a 'cheat sheet' or about automatic emails section with the terms that can be used would be very useful.

Avishal
Station Analyst in US
Airlines/Aviation, 10,000+ Employees

Best Program on the Market

Comments: The experience with Reftab has been fantastic, from the program to the management team. Everyone has been so helpful and flexible to tailor the program to work best for us. I would recommend this program to anyone who is looking to track all their assets have automated reports sent out.

Pros:

The user interface is simple and easy to work with. Made it so much easier to locate assets that have been signed out to employees and track the usage. It was an easy transition for employees to start using the program and the training aspect was fast and easy. Reporting is fantastic by getting notifications of who has not turned in something.

Cons:

I don’t have any Cons on the software because if I do find something missing the Reftab team is always available to try to find a way to get us what we are looking for.

Kim
Owner in US
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees

We save time and money because of Reftab

Comments: Every time I have had a question, or issue trying to do accomplish something with the software, the help has been very prompt, and helpful.

Pros:

We are a cleaning company, we use Reftab to track our vacuums, mop poles, caddies, etc. Lots of low cost items, but hard to keep track of. Easy to leave at jobsites. This has been huge in keeping our assets. WE have seen a savings from not having to rebuy lost items. The software is comprehensive enough we also use it to provide asset lists for taxes as well. The software can track your item locations, you can add picture of the items, the cost and date of purchase as well as track how long you had it till it was disposed off. The reports let you know who and how many times the item has been checked out.

Cons:

The two issues we had with the software was the inability to change asset numbers and the printing of tags was complicated system. Both of these have been upgraded making the software even easier to use.

Riki
Software Administrations Support in Australia
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Easy asset management

Comments: We have been able to move our asset loan system from a very messy shared google calendar system to Reftab, it has reduced individual workload and enabled more independence in making planning choices for asset loans across our organisation. We have also been able to significantly grow the amount of assets that we have available for loan as the management and tracking of the items is a lot more efficient.

Pros:

The software makes it extremely easy for multiple users to be able to log in and see what assets are available to be loaned and make reservations for them as required. We were looking for a solution that would allow many users to access the information centrally and this does it beautifully.

Cons:

The pre-determined access levels are the most challenging with the software, but we have found ways to work around this. We can't easily set access to specific sections and views, as this is a bit limited. Any issues or improvements we have, we make suggestions to the team at Reftab, and if they think it is beneficial, will roll out the change in an update to accommodate the request.

Strategic Systems Analyst in Australia
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

Reftab and managing small and attractive assets

Comments: We researched a number of solutions to manage our small and attractive assets before deciding on Reftab. As we started to push the boundaries in using this product, we discovered some limitations. When bringing these concerns to the attention of the developers, we have been very impressed by the positive response we receive every time. I now believe customer support provided by Reftab is one of its greatest strengths and I highly recommend this product to anyone looking at managing assets which are subject to being issued or loaned to staff.

Pros:

Accessibility - Available in a browser at any location Interface - The information is presented clearly and display is customisable Auditing - Loan history and Changelog allow full audit trails to be maintained.

Cons:

We are pushing the boundaries for which this product was designed. Initially we discovered some limitations when trying to import existing information and managing disparate assets such as security keys, power tools, surveying and safety equipment. These limitations have been addressed by the developers.

Media Systems Manager in Australia
Broadcast Media, 501-1,000 Employees

Flexible and Cost effective asset management

Comments: Reftab has fast become one of our most relied upon business tools. The reporting features are very impressive and we are looking forward to implementing the self service employee portal soon. Reftab is fast, responsive and for the price, has a huge amount of value added features.

Pros:

Reftab is a well priced, and highly customisable solution that has really helped us streamline our Asset Loans across multiple locations and divisions. The system was easy to deploy, and we were able to bulk ingest our asset catalogue via CSV. Once you are up and running, checking items in or out is very simple regardless of whether you are using a scanner or not. Flexible loan periods and auto reminder emails mean that the system supports the needs of not only our Resources team, but also the end users. The Reftab team are extremely responsive with support requests and are very happy to receive feedback.

Cons:

No major cons at all. Having some more flexibility to customise confirmation emails based on asset type would be great - but Im sure the Reftab team would help out here if i raised it with them.

Danny
IT Support Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

Great inventory management system

Comments: Again it's really about friendliness and folks that believe in their product.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], one of the founders, gave us a nice demo, highlighting features of how Reftab can work for us. At the end of the presentation, he was willing to come up with a package that would best suit the needs of our nonprofit.
I am the one to set up the inventory management system and corresponding lending library that will be used my many employees in the future. The software is intuitive where I can figure out a lot on my own. Sometimes I would look for help in the documentation, and there are also times I have discussions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about certain questions or things that will come up in the future. It's been a great experience so far, and I'm sure any company will have a good time with Reftab too.

Pros:

There is a lot to like about Reftab. It has a modern look and feel. It's software as a service, so there is nothing to download or install. It's quite easy to use, but it's recommended to at least look through the documentation. And the founders are always willing to help.

Cons:

There is nothing not to like. But you must take time to learn how it works via documentation and experimentation.

MATTHEW
IT Support Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Reftab is Worth It

Comments: The Reftab team was extremely responsive to our inquiries and concerns. They made multiple immediate changes to design flaws we recognized. The system is streamlined and allows for configuration to your organization's needs. The price was extremely competitive. I would entirely recommend Reftab to anyone looking for an asset management system.

Pros:

The best thing about this software, and why we original started using it, was its integration with JIRA, our ticketing system. Integration was seamless and gave us great insight into diagnosing issues with specific hardware.

Cons:

It's intend use is to check out hardware on a "by user" basis. We have business office managers at our various locations who control and manage all hardware at the location. Since they could not assign hardware to them in the portal, we had to allow each advanced access, which allowed them access to areas we didn't want them to have.

Elena
IT support engineer in Germany
Entertainment, 201-500 Employees

Good and totally worth the money

Pros:

Convenience, cost, fast customer support, constantly improving

Cons:

Would be great if they can add order tracking module (on the other hand, not many asset management systems have it). Mobile app isn't good in scanning qr/bar-codes sometimes.

Brent
Audio Solutions Specialist in US
Media Production, 201-500 Employees

The perfect solution for our rental inventory needs

Comments: We looked at many software options that cost 10 times that of Reftab and never perfectly fit the bill of our specific needs. Reftab, right off the shelf was a great solution for our application and came in at a considerable lower cost than the other software options that were evaluated.

Pros:

Reftab is a powerful tool to manage rental inventory going in and out and being able to identify the status and location of any given at any given time is very helpful in our quick passed application.

Cons:

There is not much I am missing in the software. My only feature request in customized reporting has been submitted to the company.

Jeremy
IT manager in US
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 Employees

Good user interface, newer inventory management software

Comments: We are really happy we went with Reftab. Our strategy was to pick a smaller product with more room to grow. I feel Reftab is early in their product lifecycle, and their staff is motivated to grow and add more features. This is the kind of company and product we like to work with.

Pros:

Reftab seems like a newer, slightly smaller company product, and it does everything we need it to do. Price is competitive, coming in a little lower than some other products. Reftab doesn't have some of the bloat or feature creep in other more mature inventory management solutions. The support team is very responsive to inquiries, and they even developed some small features we suggested, saying those features made sense for the whole user base. Accurate, intuitive

Cons:

The simplicity of the software has lots of pluses if you like simplicity, but it may lack some of the more niche features in the larger, more mature products. On rare occasions it throws an error, but the errors are handled and displayed in the UI in a way which makes sense.

IT Services Manager in Australia
Law Practice, 201-500 Employees

Best-in-class Asset Management solution

Comments: Reftab was simple to configure and even easier to manage. Our business enjoys the peace of mind knowing we are in control of the cost as we grow in users.

Pros:

Reftab provides a powerful and cost-effective solution enabling us to keep track of our physical and digital assets across a distributed workforce.

Cons:

I can identify very few cons in the time I've used this platform. The ability to deploy an agent to all hardware to automatically capture information would be nice but not necessary if managed well.

Frank
Systems Analyst in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Ideal tracking software

Comments: We needed a product to keep track of our inventory of Ipods used by our housekeeping staff. We looked at other products from free to the overly tech heavy software. We just wanted something simple to use and to know when the equipment is in use and by whom. This product really filled our needs. Any questions we have are quickly addressed. We don't use half the features they offer, but if we ever do its nice to know they are there.

Pros:

The simplicity of the product in setting up, training staff to use was quick and easy to use. Tech support is awesome.

Cons:

We've been using the product for about 8 months and so far we don't have any complaints.

Heather
Technician in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

RefTab - an awesome way to keep tabs on your assets.

Comments: I've been using RefTab since day one of its release. It's a an awesome product that every company should be on board with. Allows you to track your inventory easily from any device. It has changed the way I keep inventory. Definitely a worthwhile product for the money!

Pros:

Simple, yet appealing UI.

Cons:

None.