• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.8 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    3.8 /5

About Pardot

Empowers marketing and sales teams to work together to engage buyers, close deals, and grow relationships.

Learn more about Pardot

Dede S.
Demand Generation Specialist
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2020

"Easy To Use, Great for Small Companies, Not as powerful as their competitors"

Comments: Overall I've had a positive experience with Pardot and would recommend it to others. It has been a very powerful tool for us and has helped us grow our business, generate leads, move leads through the sales funnel in an automated way, etc. It's really been great for us and I love the challenge of designing and building automations. Just be aware that its not all unicorns and butterflies. Each initiative we executed on took longer than we expected to roll out.

Pros: The software is pretty intuitive and easy to use. There is a huge community that's eager to collaborate and assist (local user groups, blogs, the Dreamforce conference, the connections conference, twitter, slack groups, linkedin groups, etc). We utilized the product for List Emails ( about 30 each month), Automated Nurture Campaigns, Segmentation, Email Preference Center, and so much more. It is very powerful and played a key role in our marketing efforts.

Cons: The trade off to ease-of-use is lack of complexity. After working with the platform for 5 years, I have concluded that it is a great fit for smaller companies that want to use their features in a straightforward, uncomplicated way. We are a medium sized company with multiple target audiences, some that overlap, some that don't, territories with multiple languages and a vast and diverse product line. I am regularly (daily if not weekly) frustrated by the platform's limitations. The saving grace is that there is usually a work around. We are always able to figure out how to solve a problem, but each time it requires more steps, more time, then more "overhead" to manage in the future. While, Salesforce is regularly rolling out enhancements and features, the list of wants and needs created by users is long. There are features that seem completely basic and have been in demand by the users for years that have yet to be delivered. Things that are sometimes minor but quite surprising to learn aren't included. One of Pardot's biggest weaknesses is reporting. We do all our reporting in Sales Cloud dashboards or in Excel.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2020
Christopher J.
Digital Demand Generation Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"If you are using Salesforce then this tool is great!!"

Comments: Pardot has fit our needs especially in working with Salesforce. However, if I had an option I would use a different tool (such as Hubspot). It feels like a dated product that needs some updates to the user experience. Keep in mind it is VERY powerful (a ton of features) but finding them is irritating. For example, you have email templates and email drafts. The differentiation is not clear and you have to look through their knowledge base to figure that out.

Pros: Pardot has a huge number of features that allow you to control, split and quickly view your customer lists. It is also awesome being able to get this information into Salesforce. Another feature I love is the customer behavior tracking. It makes it simple to get an understanding of what a prospect is interested in. We can then tailor our message to this prospect. For example, if we identify someone is from a specific State (in the U.S.A) then we can share a link in an email that is information only about that State. The scoring feature is also great because you can quickly see the interest of a current prospect and then notify the correct sales agent to reach out.

Cons: There are 2 things that frustrate me about Pardot. The learning curve and intuitiveness is very poor. It takes a long time to figure out what pieces are where. On top of that, I have used Pardot for almost 2 years and I still figuring stuff out. It has a ton of features but figuring them all out is mind-boggling. The other thing that is irritating is the email builder. It just isn't intuitive. You have a tiny screen to make any edits and adding things (like custom information) is hard to find most times. Then you have to sync this email to the HTML version. Every time I have clicked that button the email syncs but I have to spend 5-10 extra minutes fixing the syntax issues that come about from the sync. I feel that process should work much more seamlessly.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Billy C.
CMO
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2016

"Pardot Lets Us Punch Above Our Weight"

Pros: Pardot lets us punch above our weight as a small marketing team. It was there when we were a marketing team of 1 and is able to grow with us as we become a marketing team of 14. Specifically, Pardot's B2B focus and different channel integration makes it very easy for us to synchronize marketing campaigns and orchestrate content and engagement across channels. From email to landing pages to social media to forms that we can inject into our web properties, Pardot makes it extremely easy for us to scale quickly and look incredible! Finally, the fact that Pardot is natively integrated with Salesforce Sales Cloud means that I don't have to worry about clunky integrations, pages or 10-step reporting. The data is right there and ready to give us insight across sales and marketing. Our sales teams are using Pardot Engage from right inside Sales Cloud to run their own, marketing - enabled, micro campaigns. This fosters alignment between our teams and helps them achieve smarter and faster results.

Cons: There is so much more that Pardot could be doing with reports given all the data that passes through the system. I'd really like to see more reports such as client engagement reports that combine account engagement scores with revenue data that Pardot pulls from Sales Cloud. I'd love to see enhanced social listening and sentiment integrated in Pardot and a more robust social queueing capability. But these are improvements that could be made rather than negatives about the existing product. We use the reports and social queueing extensively and these are ways it could be improved. Finally, help and support can be challenging to navigate. If you're someone who takes the initiative and can dig in, you'll be fine. If you want hand-holding through the process, you'll likely need external consulting.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2016
Alabhya P.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"Easy to start, harder to master"

Comments: Great to up your inbound marketing game through strong prospect tracking and seamless sync with Salesforce CRM. It's easy to get started with the basics of what Pardot offers but there are more powerful features which can be harder to understand and use.

Pros: Great integration with Salesforce CRM as expected. Lots of guides, resources are available along with an active community.

Cons: Multiple ways of accomplishing the same results make it a tad bit confusing. Also, in-built connectors are limited as compared to some of the other alternatives.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
Anna H.
Marketing Automation Manager
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2020

"Great Quality Marketing Automation System for B2B Marketers"

Comments: Pardot is by far my favorite Marketing Automation system I've used. They have great support articles, a large user community that you can utilize, and you can trust that the software will actually work.

Pros: I love how easy it is to start automated workflows, send autoresponders based on contact engagement and do all around data tracking. The integration with Salesforce allows for easy data maintenance and gives a high quality hand off between marketing and sales. The engagement and information on all campaigns your leads and contacts are apart of can easily be viewed on the Salesforce records for quick access for Sales to see. Custom redirects are also one of the best features that Pardot has because you can utilize them on all SoMe platforms for prospect tracking and provide more quality on certain links on your website.

Cons: The customer support team for Salesforce and Pardot is not great. It can take months for them to get back to you. Which, could highly impact your automations if you can't solve a problem. You're better off asking the Pardot community via Twitter or a Salesforce Community for any questions you have.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2020
Digital Marketing and Analytics Consultant
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2019

"Great marketing automation, but not easy to use."

Comments: I really did enjoy using Pardot overall, and I would recommend it as a top-notch automation tool. The learning curve can be steep. I recommend attending one of their 3 day foundations training courses to help jump start your experience.

Pros: Pardot is great for companies whose sales teams also use Salesforce due to the tight integration between the two products. Prospect and campaign tracking data can sync easily between the two systems and keep track of all campaign touch points across sales and marketing teams. Engagement studios are super easy to set up and allow for easy engagement-driven campaigns that help avoid "spammy" campaigns that help you stay off the blacklists of ISPs.

Cons: My major complaint with Pardot really has been with the UI/UX. The user experience is not great. It's not intuitive AT ALL. There are many instances where the interface breaks standard functionality conventions, leaving you in the dark trying to figure out how to do even simple tasks. That being said, the Engagement Studio has completely different UI than the rest of the app, and is actually quite a good experience. I guess Salseforce is taking their time redoing the rest of the app, but I'm sure they'll get around to it soon enough.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2019
Cody F.
Director of Marketing
Medical Practice
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2016

"Standard Marketing Automation with Advanced Email and Content Tools"

Pros: From its Exact Target roots, the email marketing capabilities are what I like the best about Pardot. I have full HTML control and can easily create my own templates, A/B test, use variable tags, view reports, and more. The use of Litmus email previews is awesome too. I've been using the new SF Lighting UI for a while now and I like it a lot better. There were a few bugs at the beginning, but I thin they are all cleaned up now. The folder organization is probably a feature that doesn't get talked about much, but it helps a lot. We were told to try to use them and much as possible during the initial Pardot setup, and I'm so glad we did because you'll notice content and files start piling up immediately and having a solid folder structure makes life a lot easier. I've used a few other Marketing Automation tools before and Pardot is my favorite. It's simple, but robust enough to handle advanced needs.

Cons: The automation and "Drip" functionality is pretty simple and doesn't offer any real advanced options. For example, you can't create drip automation based on if a prospect clicks a certain link in an email, but I think there are working on that. There are a few other little things, but nothing major. One item that Pardot could improve upon is Basic Chat Support. They only offer basic support through their Olark chat, and more than half the time I check, it shows them offline which means they are full. It can get a little annoying at times if you need something urgent. However, their case management is very good and if you have a case get escalated to a higher team, the support is very good. I've had the team spend a lot of time working on some advanced form functionality for me that helped a lot. Their knowledge base is strong too, so that usually a good place to start.

• Reviewed on 17/03/2016
Alexandra E.
Chief Financial Officer
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Excellent in marketing"

Comments: A multipurpose product has many uses which can work in different ways and solve different types of organizational problems depending on the type of department that executes it and the different purposes that each user gives it. It allows immediate integrations with the Salesforce group, thus giving an integration capacity that results in greater efficiency within the organization.

Pros: There are different characteristics that make Pardot a very interesting product, for example the different drip campaigns that you can carry out from this product triggers and in sales funnel actions and they are generating very good profits in our profit. in turn, the product has an excellent return on investment thanks to the good management of the campaigns it allows.

Cons: Not everything is perfect within the product and has failures that reduce efficiency and the new star usually creates a lot of disagreement and even leads to exasperation, due to the lack of a simple and efficient user interface and that navigation through the platform It tends to be time consuming and make small errors that delay product use.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2021
Kristin S.
Marketing Manager
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2016

"Definite increase in lead generation and conversions"

Pros: We are a small consulting business based in London and we rely heavily on Pardot to generate, manage, and communicate with our leads. We've used just about every feature of Pardot and there are a two that are most valuable to our business:1) The custom landing pages drive a lot of leads from search engines to our site, 2) Campaign tracking so we can see just where our leads have come from, as well as how else they've interacted with us (forms completed, price sheets downloaded, links clicked, emails opened, etc.). We've seen a definite increase in our lead generation and lead conversions since we started using Pardot two years ago.

Cons: There is very little I have to complain about here. If I had to say anything it would be that Pardot has a lot of features that we hadn't used before, so it took some time to learn it all and be really effective. It's definitely a commitment, but one that pays off! Once we were up to speed it was quite easy to use.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2016
Robert R.
Client Relations Manager
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"It offers more than it can handle. Terrible support. Way too expensive."

Comments: We were able to update designs for emails and landing pages (with limited selection) but deliverability suffered greatly.

Pros: There's some good features like email drip campaigns, landing pages and forms but they all have their drawbacks. The drip campaigns we found were never getting delivered and going to spam, no one ever opened the emails. The landing pages only provide 4 or 5 designs and only one of them is even possibly usable. You'll need to code your own. The forms are extremely complicated, I've been using for a few years and I still have no idea how to customize them to improve the designs. Basically just too complicated all around. I don't have any pros really, anything good I can find a con for. Don't get fooled into buying this software.

Cons: We purchased Pardot on a three year contract expecting much more than we were given. We are a news publication that sends out daily alerts that our customers pay for and were told by their sales team this was the best email delivery software out there - obviously we know they all say that but this software isn't even close. Pardot purchased Exact Target and sends out of their email. Exact Target is one of the most filtered spam filters no so it's almost impossible to get emails sent through to any customers if they have even a shred of spam filtering set up. We have had to work with hundreds of subscribers to mark our emails as a safe sender through IP and Domain whitelisting and sometimes that doesn't even work. That and they fact that the reporting and features in many ways have no flexibility make this software very frustrating for us. In the beginning we were provided a chat function to contact support and found that there wasn't really much they could do for us other than redirect us to links that did not fix our problems - this would end up turning into a ticket that would rarely be resolved. After about a year they did away with the chat function altogether and told us if we want it back we need to pay an extra per month. This is already an EXTREMELY expensive software so for them to turn their back on us for another money grab was a spit in the face. We're done with them and looking forward to the contract expiring early next year.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2018
Letha D.
Marketing Director
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2021

"Higher End, but worth it if you use Salesforce"

Pros: The automation and contact management is of the best I've worked with. Not turn is unturned in regards to what you can do to optimize your communications and lead management especially if you're using Salesforce.

Cons: Costs. I've only had one client that could afford this investment. It's really an enterprise solution.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2021
Alan O.
Growth marketing gun for hire
Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"Does all that you need but at a price"

Comments: Lead capture. Lead scoring. Email drip funnels. Email marketing. Connecting with Salesforce.

Pros: The software is solid, reliable and the feature set covers all I have needed so far in my marketing and lead generation. I use it primarily for forms, lead capture, email newsletters, drip funnels and lead scoring.
The close integration with Salesforce means the sales team can answer their own questions and see what we are doing with leads.

Cons: The companies I work with that use Pardot are mid-size. Their use is as much about future proofing their systems as its features. However, for smaller companies, it would suggest that it is too expensive for their immediate needs.
The interface can be complicated but that is due to the big feature set. If you have used other marketing automation software you can use this easily.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Design + Development Lead, Internal Brand Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2018

"Definitely advanced, but very powerful"

Comments: This software has allowed us to add marketing automation to our own internal marketing where we had none before.

Pros: This program has allowed us to integrate automated marketing where we had none, and keep excellent track of it along the way. I like how customizable every aspect of it is, from the email templates to the landing pages. The customer support is very extensive, and I really enjoy the office hours they hold weekly where you can ask the product engineers questions and learn from other Pardot users.

Cons: They market this as being a program a non-developer/designer could use, which is probably technically true, but you would not be getting the full value from it without someone with at least basic HTML/CSS knowledge. The templates that are included with the program are not very engaging and most of them are not mobile responsive. This took our company a LOT of time to figure out how to implement. The documentation is extensive but sometimes hard to comb through. Your best bet is getting on with the office hours so they can point you to the right article.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2018
Cara W.
Digital Marketing Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2017

"2nd best marketing automation experience"

Comments: It's a great marketing automation platform. I think it's probably truly amazing for people who use Salesforce because you'd have a full integration. For me, it's the second best platform I've used - Hubspot has some standout features that work for me that Pardot's missing. But overall, this is a great product that's relatively easy to use (as marketing automation platforms go), and it should definitely make anyone's short list.

Pros: I like the engagement studio, and the overall general features of Pardot. The user interface is very good.

Cons: It's missing some key features that Hubspot has - or has very pared down versions of those features.

• Reviewed on 01/06/2017
Randy M.
Co-founder
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2017

"Horrible product, customer support, and contract."

Comments: None

Pros: We have fully implemented Pardot into our sales and marketing teams. We use everything from landing pages, forms, custom redirects, email templates, email automation, and their gmail plugin. It does't meet our sales and marketing requirements.

Cons: In less than one year we have opened 42 support tickets with Pardot. Many with no resolution. After determining that the product simply doesn't work we are transitioning to their competitors. Pardot is still forcing us to pay licensing fees even though their product failed to function. Do not use. Stand Out Issues:
- The Gmail plugin simply doesn't work. Activity is not consistently logged in SalesForce. We have reported the technical issue many times to their support.
- They cap uploaded assets (Ex: images) at 100 MB storage. This is ridiculous. When we hit the cap they wanted to charge us 4K to increase storage.
- Poor reporting on emails:
* Missing data on 1:1 emails. Direct emails sent via the Gmail plug-in.
* CTR doesn't show for under 1% in engagement studio > Requires us to click down into each email template to pull report and export details to do a side by side comparison
* There are no reports generated for engagement studio (only drip programs - old feature now retired)
- Can't track replies on emails > can't gauge performance
- Recurring issues with Engage in Gmail and Engage Alerts (holds up the sales team from their day-to-day tasks)
- Poor UX in Engage via gmail for sales team (cannot organize 1:1 templates by folder)
- Limited on engage logic, can only use prospect fields. We can't use opportunity or account data in automation.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2017
Bryan P.
Marketing & Sales Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"World Class Marketing Automate Software (and more)"

Comments: Simply great. There was a lot to learn but the customer success manager we had was great, not to mention the excellent community and training material available on the web. Took a while for us to get it up and running but now we couldn't operate without it.

Pros: Helps automate marketing, sales, service activities. Greater understanding of how our prospects + clients interact with marketing collateral.

Cons: Very expensive and doesn't make much sense to use it without Salesforce Sales Cloud.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2018
Marketing Campaign Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2019

"It gets the job done...but requires a ton of workarounds"

Comments: It feels like Pardot isnt getting nearly the amount of attention from Salesforce as it should. I used it over the course of a year and noticed that it would take months to roll-out incredibly important features.

Pros: Once you've thoroughly understood all the features in Pardot, it can be quite easy to use for simple things. Their Engagement Studio, in particular, is incredibly built-out. It's also nice to have that sync with SFDC across fields. Lastly, the dynamic content was super helpful when we needed to update email templates across the board.

Cons: - The email wizard takes a LONG time to load, even if you want to change something small, like preheader text. Additionally, it can take HOURS to render samples from their built-in litmus integration. For a company as advanced as Salesforce, you'd think this would be an easy feature to use.
- From the day they linked Pardot and SFDC campaigns, there were severe bugs with email stats. I think they have solved the issue, but the fact that it took months meant we weren't able to capture that data easily.
-To the point above...email stats are not easy to find in Pardot. There is a page that gives you the basics for email templates, but as for one-off email sends, forget about it. The reporting tab is just not good compared to any other email automation product on the market.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2019
Mike G.
Product Director
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"A Pricey Email Tool"

Pros: Pardot is part of the Salesforce ecosystem so it's easy to connect your CRM to marketing efforts. It has every feature you would ever need. It's easy to get up and running

Cons: It's expensive, as is everything with Salesforce. It can take a while to set up marketing campaign drip rules and such, but once it's set up, it's just a matter of creating the content.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2018

"Very Robust Sales Funnel Manager"

Comments: Pardot is a very valuable tool for the correctly staffed and sized organization. Maybe overkill for some.

Pros: I liked the ability to create landing pages in Pardot. Having an API to connect leads to our lead database. Email tracking. We used this tool to assist sales for a 100 Million Dollar company as a staff of 5 people.

Cons: We needed to have a web programmer on staff to make the most of this system.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2018
Clark C.
Director - Digital Marketing and Technology
Public Policy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2017

"Glad we chose Pardot"

Comments: We selected Pardot over 2 other well-known marketing automation options. After using Pardot for the past several months, I have found it to be fairly easy to use and powerful. There is a learning curve, and the best way to learn is to use it often and try new things (e.g. - engagement studio). There are lots of webinars and support materials available and the open office hours is usually helpful (although not always the most convenient since you have to wait in a queue before getting your question addressed and have a limited window to do so as others are typically waiting in the queue as well). Overall I am pleased with Pardot and hope to get even more out of it in the coming months. I would recommend it for marketing automation.

Pros: Powerful. Generally easy to use. Reporting/metrics. Integration with Salesforce.

Cons: Lack of live support outside of open office hours.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2017
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2018

"Super Easy to use!"

Comments: Pardot is pretty great! When going from no automation to Pardot, things get pretty streamlined and the marketing team is able to get so much more done in much less time.

Pros: This product is super easy to use. It was the first markeitng automation software I learned how to use and it was pretty easy from day one. The team was extremely helpful in getting it set up and teaching us all the features.

Cons: There are a few features missing that markeitng automation vendors like Marketo and HubSpot have but overall they are a great company to work with

• Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Natasha W.
Marketing
Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2021

"Pardot gets the job done"

Pros: I think that Pardot is a great marketing automation platform, with some features that could be better, but ultimately does what I need it to do.

Cons: I don't like that it doesn't allow conditional automation on forms.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2021
Kylie N.
Marketing Automation Specialist
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2014

"Best marketing automation solution for SMBs"

Comments: In my experience as a Marketing Automation Specialist over the past two years, I have encountered numerous clients who have experienced horror stories with other marketing automation platforms. Whether it was over complicated work flows, inconsistent reporting or terrible customer support - there was always a bad experience that made people hesitant about whether they could manage Pardot. The biggest way Pardot empowers their users is by their extensive blog with tips and tricks to get their marketing campaigns off the ground, their amazing customer support and their partnership with willing and able consultants and implementation specialists. The system is user friendly with a consistent UI that maintains familiarity between different functions. Immediate integration with SFDC, and the ability to connect with several other systems, makes Pardot the best choice to get tracking on all areas of your marketing efforts. The ability to run a campaign, whether a product launch, webinar or general lead nurturing, from start to finish out of one system is great for SMBs with limited time and resources. In addition to being a beneficial tool for marketers, Pardot also makes sales teams more efficient by allowing them to follow up with the leads that have expressed the most interest and not waste time on ones that are not ready or have grown cold - and instead add them to a lead nurturing campaign that will alert them in that lead takes action again.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2014
Sean M.
Owner / Chief Pixel Pusher
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2017

"Overly expensive for the features, almost zero Aus support."

Pros: The UI is fantastic and super intuitive. Feels good to use, which is important as we use this daily.

Cons: Implementation was cookie-cutter and conducted by a Third Party, which didn't take into consideration any of our business processes. As a result, we lost the ability to fully automate a large portion of the platform. Support is the absolute worst. Their live in-app chat has now disappeared completely, but even before this it was impossible to reach anyone or get a decent answer regarding most problems. Forget about their Knowledgebase, as you need to buy a separate Salesforce licence to access it. Warning: If you're buying this, you will NEED a technical front end developer to integrate it properly into your website, design forms to match, build email templates and landing pages. You COULD use their stock templates, but they're not device responsive and are super bland.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2017
Retail Card Account Manager
Financial Services Software
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2018

"A good B2B companion to Salesforce"

Pros: I like Pardot I really do but at times it can be challenging and a little clunky. I'd say they have to put more time and energy into making it a bit more user-friendly.

Cons: It can be a little tricky when setting it up at first but after awhile you get the hang of it. I wish they would include more ways to do things sometimes it's not as intuitive as you'd like.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2018