Pardot Reviews

4.1 (594) Write a Review!

About Pardot

Pardot's lead management features CRM integration, email marketing, lead nurturing, lead scoring, and ROI reporting.

Learn more about Pardot

Pardot ratings

3.8
3.8
4.0
3.7

7.4/10

Pardot has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 594 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Pardot before?

Kate
Kate
Marketing & Account Management in US
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees

Pardot delivers on promises

Comments: Pardot has made it easy to understand how our marketing is working, know who is a hot lead versus a disengaged one, and to create content that is easy to share and delivers good ROI. It’s built in many safeguards to keep you from getting in trouble with spam rules and avoid sending emails multiple times.

Pros:

The software is great for staying in touch with prospects and clients. It makes it easy to set up emails, create content, measure and report on results, and build stronger relationships. It’s fun to use, once you understand how it works.

Cons:

There’s a long learning curve for adopting Pardot, and if I hadn’t had a consultant to hold my hand through the integration and kick off, I’d be struggling. I find Pardot and Salesforce training to be overly confusing and it’s really hard to find what you’re looking for. It’s a knowledge based system and continually adds more and more information, and it’s not always clear if the instructions apply to you or apply to a different level of service. Other than that I highly recommend it because of all the functionality and way it can dramatically improve your digital marketing.

MD Masoom
MD Masoom
Sr. Executive Sales and Research in India

Great Marketing Automation platform

Comments: My overall experience with Pardot is great, being a sales guy I am using this tool daily to send marketing and sales emails to our customers and prospects and this tool never fails me.

Pros:

I love Pardot and if I need to tell you what I like most about it then I must say their customer support team, yes I like this most because their customer support team is very active and responsive, they available 24*7 to help the customers and this is the best thing that I like most about it.

Cons:

There is one thing that I would like to highlight that I like least about it and that is its high cost, yes Pardot is a little bit expensive compared to other marketing automation tool but on the other hand, I must say that it is worth to spend on it.

Director of Demand Gen in US

Not the best experience

2.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Unsatisfied and wish the product could improve

Pros:

I like that there is a strong integration between Pardot and Salesforce.

Cons:

I do not like how there is lots of tedious work that is required for the majority of programs through having to clone forms and limitations that the lead scoring system poses.

Aadeeb
Aadeeb
Brand Manager in India
Food Production, 201-500 Employees

Powerful Marketing Automation Tool

Comments: Pardot allows us to run multiple campaigns, automate the workflows and streamline the lead nurturing process. We are able to set up workflows and use it multiple times for generating different leads. Customer mapping & analytics are in-depth that helps us to garner meaningful inferences on the choice & interests of the customers. Pardot's tracking system is superb in assessing the customers journey from visits to individual pages on our website, from visiting a particular page to generate conversions on landing pages. Pradot has simplified our marketing process and helped in the strategic growth of our business.

Pros:

Pardot Salesforce has simplified our entire process of marketing at HL Agro. The lead nurturing campaigns are helping us to drive engagement with our current & potential customers. Generating leads & setting up workflows is no more a task now. With Pardot, we are able to acquire meaningful data on the choice & interests of the customers. It offers in-depth analytics & facilitates our customer mapping process.

Cons:

Pardot pricing is a major limitation of the software. The subscription plans start at $ 1000 and is billed annually. The premium pricing of Pardot generally makes it unaffordable for the small scale businesses. We are used to A/B testing method for email campaigns, however Pardot does not let us use this feature with the standard plan. Pardot offer A/B testing feature only to the pro-subscribers.

Muhammad Daud
Muhammad Daud
IT Manager in UK
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees

Boosting a business with Pardot

Comments: Overall, I found Pardot great support for our business and it is helping us grow the leads with great marketing tools. Its algorithms are unique in capturing leads and working strategically with different businesses.

Pros:

I found Pardot a great utility and Platform for Campaign Managment, Email Marketing, Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Marketing Automation and Sales Force Automation. It has helped our business grow strategically and Marketing just went so easy.

Cons:

Pardot is quite expensive and really advance to manage.

Charu
Charu
Account Manager in US

Power-packed Marketing Automation Tool

Comments: A powerful marketing automation tool but expensive. Good for people who are looking for imapctful insights, lead nurturing and tracking down customer activities with ease. Pardot could be a good fit if you need good Salesforce CRM integration and have the budget for $1,000/month or more.

Pros:

We get real time activity updates of our prospects from the lead deck functionality Awesome customer support Ease of usage, is highly customisable As it's a Salesforce product now the ease of integration with the CRM is mind blowing

Cons:

I would say the makers of this product are a little money minded. A lot of functionalities are only available for the PRO users like API access and A/B testing Also, not many integrations are possible using this product

Joshua
Manager of Web Communications in US
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Integrates well with Salesforce but lacks features of competitors

Pros:

The fact that it integrates natively with Salesforce is Pardot's best feature. The engagement studio automation product is great as well, making it really easy to create drip campaigns and other conditional flows.

Cons:

The email builder is 10 years behind competitor's builders. To get things to behave, you have to code emails in html. The WYSIWG builder is poor, but asset management of images and files is even worse. Competitors like MailChimp and ActiveCampaign have much better platforms for designing beautiful, responsive emails.

Alex
Alex
Digital Marketing Specialist in US
Insurance Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Pardot For One Year

Comments: I did not have a overall good experience with Pardot. I've used HubSpot, Pardot, and Marketing Cloud and I would have to say that HubSpot is a better choice.

Pros:

The integration with Salesforce and the options included are very helpful.

Cons:

Creating a landing page in Pardot is a nightmare. You must know coding and Pardot makes it very complicated from start to finish. The form creation is also very difficult to create and hectic to embed.

Rebecca
Sr Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Looking for a CRM platform that syncs well with Salesforce? Pardot is it.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I've worked with a bunch of CRM platforms for marketing automation and customer communication. When you're using Salesforce it's really important to find the right platform that can sync all the information you need for seamless automation. Pardot, because it's part of Salesforce, has all the capabilities you need!

Cons:

I don't think Pardot is super user friendly like other platforms. There's a bit of a learning curb when you want to understand how to use the platform, set up automations, etc.

Dede
Demand Generation Specialist in US
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees

Easy To Use, Great for Small Companies, Not as powerful as their competitors

Comments: Overall I've had a positive experience with Pardot and would recommend it to others. It has been a very powerful tool for us and has helped us grow our business, generate leads, move leads through the sales funnel in an automated way, etc. It's really been great for us and I love the challenge of designing and building automations. Just be aware that its not all unicorns and butterflies. Each initiative we executed on took longer than we expected to roll out.

Pros:

The software is pretty intuitive and easy to use. There is a huge community that's eager to collaborate and assist (local user groups, blogs, the Dreamforce conference, the connections conference, twitter, slack groups, linkedin groups, etc). We utilized the product for List Emails ( about 30 each month), Automated Nurture Campaigns, Segmentation, Email Preference Center, and so much more. It is very powerful and played a key role in our marketing efforts.

Cons:

The trade off to ease-of-use is lack of complexity. After working with the platform for 5 years, I have concluded that it is a great fit for smaller companies that want to use their features in a straightforward, uncomplicated way. We are a medium sized company with multiple target audiences, some that overlap, some that don't, territories with multiple languages and a vast and diverse product line. I am regularly (daily if not weekly) frustrated by the platform's limitations. The saving grace is that there is usually a work around. We are always able to figure out how to solve a problem, but each time it requires more steps, more time, then more "overhead" to manage in the future. While, Salesforce is regularly rolling out enhancements and features, the list of wants and needs created by users is long. There are features that seem completely basic and have been in demand by the users for years that have yet to be delivered. Things that are sometimes minor but quite surprising to learn aren't included. One of Pardot's biggest weaknesses is reporting. We do all our reporting in Sales Cloud dashboards or in Excel.

Saurabh
Operations Manager in UK

The best Marketing Automation tool out there!

Comments: The experience so far has been nothing short of exceptional. We have been using Pardot since the last 5 years and have been able to facilitate amazing co-ordination with the Sales and Marketing teams. The automation Pardot provides also helps generate reports to measure Campaign ROI and overall lead generation.

Pros:

Pardot is unmatched in its ability to automate your marketing activities. The Engagement Program features it offers is probably the best in the market and allows you to design Customer journeys with customization based on the customer attributes as well as engagement. The WYSIWYG builder allows you to build beautiful email templates and Landing pages for Lead generation and Lead nurturing. It also integrates seamlessly with Salesforce CRM and a wide variety of 3rd party applications.

Cons:

Pardot allows you to create multiple leads with the same email address. This is a compulsory feature and causes issues with duplicate and bad data. You need to make sure the data is cleansed regularly.

Creative and Digital Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

Pardot Helps us Treat Each Donor as an Individual

Comments: Before, we were treating email like it was direct mail. Just send out a high enough quantity and you’ll get enough donations. However, this was treating our donors as pocketbooks and not individuals with unique interests and hearts. Using Pardot means we can tailor what we share to each individual and tell a story they can relate to. Transformational rather than transactional. Donations have increased but that’s a byproduct of involving unique people in the story of our organization. Once you learn the UI, it’s very simple to use as long as you have even a bit of html and css experience or if someone on your team has made some great templates. We love the reporting on the individual level and the integration with Salesforce.

Pros:

We love engagement studio and how easy it is to build out automated campaigns and dynamic lists. The ease of automation has meant less time spent uploading csv’s and more time developing great content.

Cons:

We wish it had a drag and drop editor. Not everyone on our team can code and it makes it difficult when we have a heavy season for deploys. The good news is, they’ve announced a beautiful drag and drop editor for the 20 winter release.

Nik
Director of Marketing in US

Salesforce integration oversold, but excellent in its own right

Pros:

Pardot is one of the better marketing automation/nurturing product aimed at mid-sized businesses. It's greatest strength is its integration with Salesforce (which will be discussed more in "cons"). With relative simplicity, it can be connected to the CRM, so that contacts can easily sync two-ways, and even custom objects can be brought through for segmentation purposes with just a couple of clicks. Tracking and automation is very well thought out and easy to use. The product has a straightforward method of tracking campaign results and attribution, all of which can then be pushed into Salesforce for comprehensive reporting on prospect-to-purchase management and measurement. Pardot's greatest strength lies in its ease of use. No marketing automation software is going to be SIMPLE, but Pardot shines in the consistency between its many functions. Nothing feels tacked-on or different from other tools. If you can create a campaign, you can create a complex segmentation rule, and you can manage your social media posts, as it all works identically. The marketing automation function, Engagement Studio, has gone through substantial recent updates and I consider it best-in-class for ease of use and functionality. If true automation is your #1 concern, this is a great choice. Lastly, support is excellent. Salesforce Trailblazer is fantastic for self-guided-training, the documentation is up-to-date and accurate, and support tickets are answered promptly and knowledgeably. If you are experienced in systems of these sorts, you will quite likely not need to take advantage of any external training (or SF's accelerator options).

Cons:

Pardot is a Salesforce product, and its integration is excellent, but it is just that - an integration. Pardot works like a third party service connected with Salesforce, as opposed to a native extension. Lists are synchronized, along with the sort of bugs and frustrations that come with bi-directional synchronization, and some Salesforce functions (notably custom objects) are not as fully fleshed out as one might hope. In some ways, other solutions do a better job synchronizing with Salesforce. That said, Pardot's setup is the simplest I've used, and having unified support for CRM and marketing automation is also a tremendous advantage when I do run into any hang-ups. Also, while Pardot's feature set is great, some of its tools are in need of substantial upgrades to keep up with the competition. Its WYSIWYG email and landing page tools aren't responsive and are far outclassed in ease of use by Mailchimp and other lower cost options (although if you're comfortable with HTML and developing your own templates, it's not bad at all). It is progressively being updated and modernized, but it obviously takes time, and there can be minor frustrations when you see other tools that are smoother or more approachable. But I have never found this to set a limit on what's possible, only an opportunity for things to be faster and easier for less-expert users.

Christopher
Christopher
Digital Demand Generation Manager in US

If you are using Salesforce then this tool is great!!

Comments: Pardot has fit our needs especially in working with Salesforce. However, if I had an option I would use a different tool (such as Hubspot). It feels like a dated product that needs some updates to the user experience. Keep in mind it is VERY powerful (a ton of features) but finding them is irritating. For example, you have email templates and email drafts. The differentiation is not clear and you have to look through their knowledge base to figure that out.

Pros:

Pardot has a huge number of features that allow you to control, split and quickly view your customer lists. It is also awesome being able to get this information into Salesforce. Another feature I love is the customer behavior tracking. It makes it simple to get an understanding of what a prospect is interested in. We can then tailor our message to this prospect. For example, if we identify someone is from a specific State (in the U.S.A) then we can share a link in an email that is information only about that State. The scoring feature is also great because you can quickly see the interest of a current prospect and then notify the correct sales agent to reach out.

Cons:

There are 2 things that frustrate me about Pardot. The learning curve and intuitiveness is very poor. It takes a long time to figure out what pieces are where. On top of that, I have used Pardot for almost 2 years and I still figuring stuff out. It has a ton of features but figuring them all out is mind-boggling. The other thing that is irritating is the email builder. It just isn't intuitive. You have a tiny screen to make any edits and adding things (like custom information) is hard to find most times. Then you have to sync this email to the HTML version. Every time I have clicked that button the email syncs but I have to spend 5-10 extra minutes fixing the syntax issues that come about from the sync. I feel that process should work much more seamlessly.

Garrett
Garrett
Marketing Manager - Technology in Canada

Fast, Easy, and Powerful Marketing Automation

Comments: I have used Pardot at three different companies now and I love it. It's been one of my most reliable and useful tools in my Marketing Stack over the years and it's continued to get better thanks to the aggressive roadmap put in place by Salesforce. Great for business ranging from small business up to Enterprise.

Pros:

The number one thing that I love about Pardot is how easy it is to use. If you're on a small marketing team, one person can easily handle the system. If you have a larger team, the functionality scales extremely well - and you can bring in as many users as you need into the system without needing to pay for any additional seats. The software is extremely consistent and reliable. Pages load quickly and properly. The WYSIWYG editor for emails is awesome! The amount of automation you can do in Pardot is fantastic - especially with their more recent addition of repeating automations and drip programs. Awesome update releases thanks to being a Salesforce product.

Cons:

The positioning of all of the various functionality can be a little confusing at times. There are a LOT of menu items that lead to the various different features. Some cleanup/re-organization of these might help new users. The out-of-the-box Marketing templates, while serviceable, could use a reboot. For a startup they're likely sufficient, but if you're running a lot of email campaigns you might want to invest in having a developer custom-build a modular email template for your ongoing use. The built-in mail testing using Litmus is terrible. Often half of the renderings fail to load, and a number of the renderings included are not super relevant any more. I actually never use this feature any more as I prefer to send test emails to an actual mail client rather than trust the renderings.

Neil
Marketing Operations Manager in

Marketing Automation for price conscious organizations

Comments: Pardot has a lot of base functionality that sets it apart from email platforms like Mailchimp and the like. It also provides better integration with Salesforce than hubspot and other less expensive CRMs to give your organization with a complete picture of the sales funnel. Pardot provides email templates upon sign-up that are easily customizable for specific needs. You can test this emails to internal lists and with its integration with Litmus you can view how different clients and platforms will render you email before sends. Landing pages and form are an easy way to collect leads, track conversion points, and keep the source of a lead. Forms enable you to send auto-response emails, notify teams or sales reps, and assign leads to the correct person. The can also send leads to a Salesforce campaign with detailed member statuses to provide for multi-touch attribution. Landing pages are easy to build, add Google analytics or any other tracking code and deploy. Automation rules allow you to keep your database clean and ensure that all prospects are going to the right place, tagged correctly, and scored appropriately. Dynamic content is an excellent investment as an add on to allow you to use one template but change messaging based on known prospect information. No need to create 5 different emails or landing pages for industry segments, just create on template and use the dynamic content feature to show messaging that applies to them.

Pros:

Intuitive UI, great functionality for the price, native integration with Salesforce, dynamic content add-on. Automation rules that can help keep the system clean and prospects updated.

Cons:

Limitations within automation rules for mutli-variable updates. For example - Loading a tradeshow list with campaign member statuses in SFDC. I would like to upload in one automation rule to say if X campaign status, update to this campaign in SFDC for X status, within the same rule I would like to add all of the other statuses with specific completion actions instead of having to run 1 rule for each status. Dynamic content should be able to trigger via a URL parameter and not just a known prospect field.

Billy
CMO in US
Computer Software

Pardot Lets Us Punch Above Our Weight

Pros:

Pardot lets us punch above our weight as a small marketing team. It was there when we were a marketing team of 1 and is able to grow with us as we become a marketing team of 14. Specifically, Pardot's B2B focus and different channel integration makes it very easy for us to synchronize marketing campaigns and orchestrate content and engagement across channels. From email to landing pages to social media to forms that we can inject into our web properties, Pardot makes it extremely easy for us to scale quickly and look incredible! Finally, the fact that Pardot is natively integrated with Salesforce Sales Cloud means that I don't have to worry about clunky integrations, pages or 10-step reporting. The data is right there and ready to give us insight across sales and marketing. Our sales teams are using Pardot Engage from right inside Sales Cloud to run their own, marketing - enabled, micro campaigns. This fosters alignment between our teams and helps them achieve smarter and faster results.

Cons:

There is so much more that Pardot could be doing with reports given all the data that passes through the system. I'd really like to see more reports such as client engagement reports that combine account engagement scores with revenue data that Pardot pulls from Sales Cloud. I'd love to see enhanced social listening and sentiment integrated in Pardot and a more robust social queueing capability. But these are improvements that could be made rather than negatives about the existing product. We use the reports and social queueing extensively and these are ways it could be improved. Finally, help and support can be challenging to navigate. If you're someone who takes the initiative and can dig in, you'll be fine. If you want hand-holding through the process, you'll likely need external consulting.

Andy
Digital Marketing Manager in US

Powerful Marketing Automation Platform

Comments: As our admin and a daily user, I have found that the tool is relatively easy to learn basic and intermediate functionality. However, as you get more advanced, the ability to find "official" Salesforce resources becomes more difficult. Thankfully, the community of users has proven to be really valuable and knowledgeable even with various updates.
I think Pardot has been a really strong tool for us to advance our marketing automation and email marketing practices and really drive growth in our marketing efforts.

Pros:

The biggest Pro for our organization is the tie-in to Salesforce. Adding Pardot as our bolt-on marketing automation platform allows us to connect seamlessly to our Salesforce CRM and utilize most all of the data that we're already capturing there. Developing detailed email logic, engagement programs and drip campaigns has really improved our growth marketing practice.

Cons:

At times, the tool can be challenging to find the correct solution for what you're trying to accomplish. I've spent many hours in Salesforce's help section and the Pardot user community (as well as searching other areas of the web) to find answers to specific questions. That said, the questions that I've had, usually have been answered already by other users or I can collaborate with other users outside our org to find a solution.

Jessica
CMO in US

Pardot is a Powerful Tool, but It's Hard to Manage on Small Teams

Comments: Overall, Pardot delivers on all the capabilities that we need and has more power than we are able to leverage. We appreciate it's deep integration with Salesforce and know that it has feature parity with most of the other major players out there.

Pros:

Pardot allows us to get insight at a per-contact level into their activity, interests, and profile. We've made it even more useful by adding on additional integrations like Clearbit and Zoom. We track more than 12k new incoming leads annually and we automate outreach to those leads every single day.

Cons:

Many decisions that you make at the beginning of the implementation will dog you after you've made them (how do we organize our campaigns? what tags should we use? when automations do we want to build off of those tags? how do we segment our lists). Pardot/Salesforce has offered strategic support and even configuration services, however, we find that these often lack the depth of knowledge to tell us if we're making the right call/they are too expensive for a small firm like ours.

Senior Project Manager in US

Pardot is somewhat sophisticated

Comments: Great tool - has more sophisticated features than less expensive tools, but is more complex to use.

Pros:

Easy to build and send emails, manage contacts, track lists/segmentation, and built automation. You can also setup scoring/grading to see your interest/lead interest.

Cons:

The integration with Salesforce is a bit confusing, and they change the way it's implemented with every release. This causes issues with clients trying to launch all users at once on Pardot, and ensuring they have the right licensing.

Tiju
Director Marketing Ops in India

Strong Marketing Automation Tool! Highly recommended for SME and Mid Range Businesses

Comments: Overall I loved it. It's easier to use and the LIGHTNING EXPERIENCE IS AMAZING!!! It has the modern look and feel. I am going to stay with Pardot for a long time. Truly recommend it!

Pros:

In-house integration with SFDC. Easier to manage. Not complicated. It has similar functionality as the other major peers like Hubspot and Marketo and it was easier to learn and start working on it.

Cons:

Lead routing is not available. I am looking for in-built round-robin routing functionality.

Leon
Leon
IT Recruiter in Venezuela

Amazing tools.

Comments: My experience was for the most part positive. Pardot is powerful and reliable, I found it to be useful for the most part, they just need to revise the e-mail marketing tools and it will surely become a market standard.

Pros:

Even though it might seem a little bit complex to use, Pardot gets easier as you learn how to use it, it has a very intuitive structure that anyone can learn on the fly, with a clean dashboard and well -labeled banners/icons combined with a sleek graphic interface. The automation efectiveness is impressive and compelling, and its multi-platforms capabilites are beyond any other competing alternative, specially how it connects with Social Media and Salesforce. You can instinctively customize how it manages the data feed, giving away a set of rules that Pardot follows beautifully, filtering everything at your command with great results. It is probably the most complete and fully integrated Marketing Automation software in the market, with the nicest set of tools necessary to supply all your necessities and more.

Cons:

Pardot is rather expensive and probably not suitable for small enterprises. The e-mail managing/creation/customization interface needs to be worked out, even though it works great most of the times, it tends to have issues with Gmail servers. Sending e-mail templates gets complicated, specially because it has a tendency to crash when some custom coding is involved; this usually forces you to adapt to something that does not bug the system instead of doing what you are actually adapted to. Even though mostly everything is user friendly, the e-mail marketing tools are over complicated, it might deliver the results you're looking for but it will cost you a lot of toggling.

Alabhya
Alabhya
Digital Marketing Manager in India

Easy to start, harder to master

Comments: Great to up your inbound marketing game through strong prospect tracking and seamless sync with Salesforce CRM. It's easy to get started with the basics of what Pardot offers but there are more powerful features which can be harder to understand and use.

Pros:

Great integration with Salesforce CRM as expected. Lots of guides, resources are available along with an active community.

Cons:

Multiple ways of accomplishing the same results make it a tad bit confusing. Also, in-built connectors are limited as compared to some of the other alternatives.

VP Demand Generation in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Best if you use SalesForce Sales Cloud

Comments: We use Pardot as a marketing automation platform including email management, automated nurtures, lead scoring, engagement tracking, etc.

Pros:

The best part of Pardot is the integration with SalesForce and being able to push and pull a variety of information into and from both systems.

Cons:

The UI is pretty poor and there are some key features such as in-depth reporting that the system is still lacking

Enterprise Account Executive in UK
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Easy to use , great UI and powerful

Comments: the experience of using pardot was great. it's highly intuitive and powerful which makes the learning curve for less technical yet more visual users really short.

Pros:

1) it's a really robust marketing automation platform with lots of capabilities but wrapped around a super easy UI 2) deep integration within the salesforce CRM and echo system (you can also use 3rd party salesforce tools from the app exchange to trigger things such as SMS via the SFDC campaign function ) 3) slick customer journey canvas that is highly visual 4) fairly priced (in comparison with the other MA vendors)

Cons:

1) only works with Salesforce (professional edition and above ) so if you're using a different CRM that wont really work for you, or rather be a standalone 2) it would be great if there were more native connectors to it.