• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.3 /5

About Intercom

Build better customer relationships with the #1-rated Business Messenger.

Learn more about Intercom

PM
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2021

"Engagement with Customers is Great!"

Comments: It is an easy choice if you want to create unique, engaging customer journeys! It also connects to many other tools, so it's a great addition to any software stack.

Pros: I like that we are able to gain insight, offer promos, convert leads, provide support, host a help center, and create unique customer journeys right from within one platform. The Inbox feature is very helpful in providing quick and easy support, especially when using the Intercom mobile app!

Cons: There are few things I would consider cons about Intercom. I wish they offered a bit quicker support, as I often wait a day to hear back, but it is a minor detail compared to the value we get from using the platform.

by Intercom on 04/03/2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review and let us know how Intercom is helping you create unique, engaging customer journeys as well as integrate so well with your existing etch stack :)

Thanks for your feedback regarding our support response times. These vary based on the urgency of the issue as well as plan, but we always aim to get back as soon as possible. I'll make sure to pass this feedback on to our team here.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2021
Customer Experience Manager
Wireless, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2021

"My favourite support tool"

Comments: Only good experience overall
Great support team
Price could be better

Pros: Easiest support tool to have.
Makes your team very accessible, also makes the support process simple for the end users
Good integrations and useful statistics provided

Cons: Pricing - it is not very cheap. Pricing also often changes
Help center tool - it could really use some help and updates
Also, a lot of Add block tools catch Intercom as an ad and blocks it - thus creating inconvenience for end users having to choose between

by Intercom on 18/03/2021

Thanks for letting us know that Intercom is you favorite support tool and we're helping you deliver such a good user experience.

I appreciate your feedback on our pricing, Articles feature and ad block issues. I'll make sure these get back to the right people here.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2021
Brandon G.
Technical Support Specialist
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2021

"Intercom is a powerful Customer Support Tool"

Comments: Overall I would recommend intercom for clients looking for automation chat bots and customer support software. They have plenty of resources and their new product tour feature adds additional functionality to their suite of software.

Pros: The knowledge center and live chat features were the most used features at our software company. These features were used regularly and automations within intercom helped serve clients efficiently.

Cons: Lacks in reporting and knowledge base customization compared to ZenDesk. Innovation in new features can be slow at times.

by Intercom on 16/04/2021

Thanks for leaving us this review Brandon, and for letting us know how powerful you've found Intercom as a support tool.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2021
Head of Marketing
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2021

"Amazing customer support"

Comments: Great experience, we switched over from Sendgrid and prefer Intercom despite the higher price

Pros: The customer support is the most responsive I've ever had from a messaging / email software. We use the email because it's already integrated into our messaging and support software, so we don't have to do any import of the contacts.

Cons: It's not super intuitive or the easiest to use sometimes, like all enterprise level software it can get a bit complicated. It's also not built out for email, e.g. we also can't create unsubscribe groups on email which is a bit annoying.

by Intercom on 27/01/2021

Thanks for letting us know you have had such a good experience with Intercom since swapping from Sendgrid.

I've made sure your feedback regarding email capabilities has been sent to the product team - it's an area of focus for us.

Kate (Intercom)

• Reviewed on 19/01/2021
Beat R.
Inhaber
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2020

"Advertising for Intercom in every E-Mail"

Comments: We have been using the solution productively for some time now, then discontinued it for cost reasons. Now a plan was booked and cancelled in a new subscription structure again as a test. In the plans up to Pro, the customer also figures as an advertising slingshot, since an advertising line for intercom is always included in every e-mail. Since we did not want this at all (after all, the plan already costs 99 dollars / month) the test was finally cancelled. Intercom didn't want to offer a solution to this, except to offer updates to the next higher subscription (499 dollars / month) which is not affordable for a small company.

Pros: + Beautiful design, with many useful details.
+ Good iOS and Android app with slightly limited operation.
+ An easy to understand messenger for the customer.
+ Customisable messenger with colours, text and details.

Cons: - High price and only monthly plans.
- Platform only in English.
- Minimal help center, but large but confusing Academy pages.
- Tedious setup help, although the setup itself is not complex.
- Support replies take up to two days, in English only.

by Intercom on 30/07/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review Beat and letting us know about your intercom experience. I'm sorry to hear that we're not the right fit for you at this time, but thank you for sending us your feedback.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2020
Kyle T.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2019

"Adds Much More Value Than You Realise"

Comments: While the price tag for Intercom is not small, especially for startups launching their first mobile app versions, it has consistently proven to be one of the most valuable assets for teams in terms of user support, communication & out-of-the-box development readiness.

Pros: The in-app chat feature (with its cross-platform support for React Native and Ionic) is absolutely the biggest differentiator for Intercom. It is a critical part of our day-to-day operations & every client that has gone the route of implementing it with us has been hugely surprised by the large amount of value it adds to end users.

Cons: We are facing ongoing complications differentiating identified and unidentified users. The experimental API available for Android seemed to be heading in the right direction to solve this, but we haven't seen updates on the stub implementation for iOS in over a year (https://github.com/intercom/intercom-ios/blob/master/Intercom.framework/Headers/Intercom%2BExperimental.h).

• Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Angy D.
Product Ops Champion
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2020

"Intercom a safe option"

Comments: My overall experience with Intercom was very good

Pros: The product is easy to use, the live chat idea is still one of the best customer support options.

Cons: What I like the least is that it does not have so many options to integrate other work tools to Intercom, for example creating a report in Jira, from the user chat

by Intercom on 16/10/2020

Thanks for leaving us this review Angy! I'm so happy to hear that your experience with Intercom has been good and that we're helping you support your customers so well.

Thanks also for your feedback regarding our integrations - I know the team is having a discussion about this right now so I'll make sure to get this over to them.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2020
Josh T.
CPO
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2020

"Amazing Customer Support and Sales Tool"

Comments: We absolutely love intercom and our business is married to it.

Pros: We absolutely love Intercom! Our entire business runs through intercom, from customer support to converting leads. We house all of our funnel related customer data in Intercom to provide an amazing customer experience.

Cons: There is not much bad to say. I would like for Intercom to improve the outbound communication campaign feature set to be more like email marketing automation tools.

by Intercom on 21/04/2020

Thanks you for your wonderful review Josh! I'm so happy to hear your business is seeing such success with Intercom. And if you keep an eye on the 'what's new' section in the Intercom app you might just see something that will interest you very soon ;)

• Reviewed on 05/04/2020
Professional Services
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Great tool for customer engagement and insight"

Comments: Once I learned how to use the tool, I really came to appreciate the powerful insights and information available from Intercom. I like how easy it is to send targeted message to a small subset of customers or even an individual via chat or email. I am sure there is even more that I have not even begun to explore. I recommend Intercom for organizations that want to get a deeper insight into user engagement on their website/app.

Pros: Intercom is great for tracking user engagement, support, and marketing. I love that you can see what a user is doing on your site and send messages (email or chat) based on specific criteria. Realtime and asyncronous commications are easy to deploy and manage. Analytics provided detailed information on user engagement.

Cons: It can take some time to gain a working knowledge of Intercom. Setup can be complicated and require a developer if advanced or deep site integration is desired. Once you get over the learning curve, the tool is well worth the time invested in learning to use it to it's full capability.

by Intercom on 19/10/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review. I'm delighted to hear you've found Intercom so powerful!

I work very closely with the team who develops our onboarding materials and our Intercom Academy courses so thank you for your feedback about the steep learning curve.

One great way to unlock even more Intercom knowledge is by joining our customer community, Interconnected (https://forum.intercom.com) - take a look if you haven't already had a chance!

Head of projects
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2018

"Good value for money for a medium-sized company"

Comments: I used it in a early stage startup and it was a game changer. Now that I am in a bigger company, I feel that it has several limits and their support features aren't very advanced.

Pros: - Plug & play : Intercom is really easy to set-up
- User friendly : Intercom is has a nice UI and is very intuitive. There's no need to spend hours in training each time we have a new recruit in our team.
- Always moving forward : I used to use Intercom in my last company in 2016 and I started using it again in 2018 and I was very glad to see they have added several new features (Operator and the newest Answer bot)

Cons: - Reports : their reports are very poor and some of their statistics are not very reliable (for instance the conversations participated in in the "summary" section for a team and in the "performance" section is not the same! For a data-driven company like ours, this is very frustrating.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2018
Andrew S.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2020

"Good product, lousy customer service"

Comments: Customer onboarding and customer conversion.

Pros: It's good at giving a full picture of customer behavior and can have some very granular targeting features both at an user and company level. Being able to enroll and unenroll users in campaigns if anyone at their company takes an action is amazing

Cons: -Customer service can take over a week to reply to issues that are brought up.
-It lacks really common features like being able to BCC emails send from it to a CRM
-Features are often released that are buggy.
-Intercom is very slow to implemented much needed features.

by Intercom on 28/10/2020

Thanks for leaving us this review Andrew. I'm happy to hear you're enjoying our campaign messaging capabilities, and hope you've had a chance to check out our latest release Series.

Thanks too for your feedback regarding our support waits times. These are unusually long at the moment and not acceptable so we are making real strides in getting back to our regular service level. I'll also make sure to pass your product feedback on to the team here.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2020
Basiirat A.
Customer Support Analyst
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2018

"Intercom should aim for perfection."

Comments: Intercom makes it easier to develope a relationship with our users,while also able to get feedback from them in real time and address their complaints and queries as fast as possible.Thus we have been able to engage more with our customers thereby improving their loyalty and keeping them hooked to our products and services.

Pros: I love that Intercom offers my organization more possibilities beyond acting as a medium to offer support to customers(helpdesk), it also serves as a marketing tool.It is accessible both as a web and mobile based app and offers a good experience to web visitors on every smart device.
With Intercom, we have been able to segment our users ,which makes it easy to focus on users who are more likely to make a purchase from us. Also Intercom has a large integration capability with multiple softwares.

Cons: Intercom just doesn't offer the full deal either as a livechat solution or a marketing tool.Therefore we still have a primary marketing tool despite the marketing features present on Intercom.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2018
Leopold S.
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2021

"Powerful tool at a powerful price"

Comments: What I would like to highlight is Intercom's customer service. It doesn't feel like you're asking for help, but like you're chatting with an acquaintance and solving the actual problem on the side. I think Intercom is using its own tool exactly as it was intended. And that's just unique. I'll be honest, it's the best customer service I've ever experienced - even in the free trial period!

Pros: In short, I love Intercom. Combined with my WordPress website, it has revolutionized my customer service. It's very easy to use for both the end user and me as an admin, yet so powerful. It's just fun to work with - even on the go!

Cons: I am willing to pay a little more money for a great tool. However, for me as a freelancer, it's hardly sustainable and out of proportion. The cheapest plan for about 65$ is not easy to carry. I wish there was a cheaper option here. I'm sure it would bring Intercom many more customers who will surely upgrade later (if they can afford it). The StartUp plan is not applicable for me, unfortunately.

by Intercom on 16/04/2021

Thanks for telling us know Intercom has revolutionized your customer service Leopold. And I'm delighted you find our system so much fun to work with - I wish that were true for more systems!

I'll make sure to send your feedback regarding our pricing and packaging on to the team here as it's something we're constantly working on.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2021
Ben B.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2019

"A powerful customer support tool that costs a large sum."

Comments: Intercom is our customer support platform, and it's fantastically powerful.

Pros: Intercom's power comes from its ability to connect to email, social, mobile, on-site chat, and other communication channels. It's an incredible capability. We can field support requests from customers and prospects pretty much from anywhere, which is great because it increases the effectiveness of our social and email campagins. If someone is reading something we published, our support team is always a click away for them. And the ability to tie in automated email campaigns is awesome, even to just connect with our existing customers. We've had many beneficial conversations with our customers when they reply to our automated emails, which would be very difficult to manage without Intercom.

Cons: Intercome is expensive. Yes, I understand it's value, but at times it seems like they're gouging us for certain features/scale. The one major flaw to Intercome is that it has no competition. That makes it feel too expensive, but of course we have no other choice.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2019
Brent M.
Co-Founder and CTO
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"The best way to interact with users"

Comments: Extremely well thought through product, with all the important stuff you need to rely on it to solve your CS needs.

Pros: It's so powerful and easy to use! It was effortless to set up, and all our business users (who've never done customer support before), find it very easy to use, and the users love it too.

Cons: The pricing adds up if you want your whole team using it. We'd love our engineers to be able to chime in with support conversations, but it's a bit too expensive to have everyone using it as a small business.

by Intercom on 24/06/2020

Thanks so much for leaving us this review Brent. It's great to hear that Intercom is solving your CS needs and that there's so much love for the tools internally AND externally!

I've made sure to send your feedback about pricing on to the team here. We always aim to align this with the value you're seeing from the product, however I totally get wanting to add colleagues for collaboration purposes.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2020
Geoff B.
VP Marketing
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2020

"Great for small teams"

Comments: Really love being able to provide customer support from wherever I am, especially in our current environment of working from home. Way to go Intercom!! Keeping us connected with our customers at all times.

Pros: We only have three people to manage customer requests and questions so having a tool like Intercom can make us look more professional and get answers to the customer in a more timely fashion.

Cons: I don't feel like I've tapped the best practices of Intercom. It has so much it can be overwhelming to digest.

by Intercom on 05/11/2020

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review Geoff, and I'm so happy to hear we're helping your support team stay connected with your customers. You're right, it's more important now than ever!

Thanks too for your feedback on your onboarding experience. The tools are powerful and so it can take a little while to get fully comfortable with all the features. One great place to start is our free Academy where we have a specific course for Customer Support teams and another for managers. This would be a great way to learn the most relevant best practices. You can find it at https://academy.intercom.com.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2020
Software Engineer
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"One of the best tools for marketing and support"

Comments: My overall experience with intercom has been really great so far, be it their integration methods or their User interface.

Pros: - I like the APIs and the corresponding documentation intercom provides, which could be used to integrate it easily in your system. I could set up my system to push the real time details regarding my users to be seen immediately in intercom user interface.
- Even the customer support using the simple user interface with intercom became so much easier. All the filters they provide are just amazing.

Cons: No cons which I can think of as of now. Just that it's bit expensive for a small firm. The tool costs per record we save in it, which seems pretty aggressive.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Chris S.
Co-Founder
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"A great, all-inclusive app for our SaaS app"

Comments: This is a you-get-what-you-pay-for industry (chat software), and you can get a lot with Intercom. But man, it's expensive especially for a smaller company. We've honestly tried a lot of customer support software and even after trying other software while paying for Intercom, we've stuck with Intercom because of all the features. Their customer support hasn't been extremely memorable, but I have not had any concerns or issues.

Pros: We primarily use Intercom for live chat, pop-up chats, and help documentation. We've also connected email and Facebook Messenger. I use this all day every day for customer support. Bonus, I can send a one-off reply on my Apple Watch to a live chat!

Cons: Other than it being quite expensive, the only two gripes I have are not being able to send a one-off email to someone not already in our system, and not being able to see images in emails. And being in the photography industry it makes this quite inconvenient!

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"Great live chat and knowledge base system"

Comments: It's much easier to handle user tickets with Intercom than it was with our previous live chat solution.

Pros: It works, is absolutely all over the internet, and has good support. I really like using it to help customers solve any problems they are facing.

Cons: It's very cost prohibitive compared to other solutions, but you get what you pay for. Whether or not the cost is justified remains to be seen.

by Intercom on 23/03/2020

We always love hearing that we're making life easier for our customers! Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Holly B.
Technical Specialist
Program Development, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Great software"

Comments: Everytime we as a company have reached out to intercom support they are always responsive and willing to help.

Pros: The thing I like most about Intercom is the ease of use. the visibility of all your messages right in front of you saves you time and simplifies your work load. I also love the functionality of how you can sync Intercom up with Gmail, doing this will forward all emails that come to your Gmail to your intercom.

Cons: The one functionality about intercom that I like least is how the email address(s) on the other end of the thread will be notified when you close or reassign a conversation to a different person. This can create a bad customer experiences as they are notified of the steps we take on their email request.

by Intercom on 01/04/2020

Thanks for leaving us this detailed review Holly! I love hearing that you've found Intercom easy to use and are being supported so well by our team. That's really great feedback on the visibility of actions in email threads so I've made sure to flag this with our product team.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Kevin C.
VP of Marketing
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"Not bad, but not great"

Comments: Really good overall, just a little expensive, with not as many options as some other softwares.

Pros: It made it easy for me to connect with our customers. There were some good automation bots we could build out.

Cons: I didn't like the I had to keep the conversation on the web, it made the conversation less portable. I also felt like it was difficult to understand the automation bots.

by Intercom on 25/11/2020

Hi Kevin, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your Intercom experience.

I'd love to hear a bit more about your feedback regarding conversation channels as Intercom facilitates a-synchronous but connected chats across email and chat.

We've got lots of great training resources to help you get to grips with our different bots. Our webinars are particularly helpful there which you can find at https://www.intercom.com/webinars.

Feel free to reach out in the Intercom Messenger and ask for me if you'd like to chat more.

Thanks,

• Reviewed on 10/11/2020
Zak D.
Community astonishment
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Great product though pricey"

Comments: it's a great tool, just questionable for scaling our biz. other tools do similar things for less

Pros: its got lots of features, lots of coolw ays to astonish customers and it has integrations for other tools that make work easier

Cons: everything seems to be an additional cost, there are different price teirs, product add ons, etc. they keep squeezing money out of us lol

by Intercom on 16/10/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review Zak. I love hearing how Intercom is helping you 'astonish' your customers!

I'll also make sure to send your feedback regarding our pricing on to the team here. We always aim to align costs to the value you're seeing with the product so all feedback is very helpful.

Grant S.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2018

"Essential if you are building a SaaS App"

Pros: Intercom is specifically designed to support SaaS applications. If you sell software as a subscription, your users develop a relationship with your software. Intercom allows you to be apart of that relationship. I love being able to see when my users are logged in, statistics about how they are using the system, and chatting with them. I have found that very few users abuse the system. I thought that this would be a bigger issue, but it has not been.

Cons: Occasionally Intercom has had issues with spam. It has taken a week or two to adjust the filters to catch the spam. However, they did a good job communicating progress and spam hasn't been an issue.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2018
Eugene S.
VP of Sales
Translation & Localization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2019

"Miles ahead of the second-best solution"

Comments: The biggest fun starts in the backend of your support, which literally allows you to assign the enquiry to a specific professional. The mobile app allows you to reach, say your Japanese-speaking developer in out-of-office hours if you need him badly. This is incredibly effective and I’ve seen it do wonders both, supporting a client and enquiring myself (I had a bad bug on Tilda which I had support dealt with on a Sunday night!) Another unbeatable feature is the front-end design - I simply have not seen a better UX solution that I would put on my website for clients to use, seriously.

Pros: It has the most logical and user-friendly interface both for clients and support, far beyond second-best option on the market.

Cons: Do expect random bugs and technical errors to happen. The support will acknowledge and fix them, yet it can be an unpleasant surprise if you experience high volumes of customer support activity.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2019
Customer Care Lead
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Great Tool for Communicating with Customers"

Comments: Overall, Intercom has helped us scale and reach our users with timely data. Support is much easier and there are some very basic reports that five us insights on our response time. Definitely recommended.

Pros: Intercom is very detailed and highly useful for making sense of large datasets. User information can be easily pulled up and custom fields make it simple to target the users I want with the updates they need.

Cons: The learning curve is a bit steep. Also there are some things like their keyboard shortcuts or the location of some of the buttons that are not well-designed and can lead to incorrectly closing or assigning messages.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018