Heartland Retail Reviews

by Heartland Retail

• Overall
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.4 /5

About Heartland Retail

Heartland Retail is more than just a POS! Learn about our enterprise-grade retail management features!

Learn more about Heartland Retail

Darren S.
Ops Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2016

"DLM Supply"

Comments: I have been very pleasantly surprised about how well Springboard has worked out for our Men's Clothing boutique in Dallas. My colleague and I did some extensive research in POS systems. We both had a history of working with larger clothing retailers so we were accustomed to robust reporting, advanced order systems, and detailed item management. Springboard has been able to deliver on all fronts. I've also come to appreciate the support system that is built in. There is a message board available to submit requests/questions and the follow through has been pretty good. They have listened to some of our feature requests and I have noticed a couple of them were implemented on the following system update (which they also do frequently). We are currently working on getting our website up and running on Shopify, and the integration is working great in terms of syncing inventory.

Pros: Reporting, reporting, reporting. Reports are entirely customizable and there are several metrics to choose from. I feel like i have been able to replicate several of the reports that I had available to me at the large corporation that i worked at, and that has been very impressive. User friendly interface on the POS. Very easy to teach to new users. Detailed item management capability with unlimited customizable fields. Allows for even more robust reporting. Ipad app works well

Cons: There were a couple bugs early on when using certain browsers. We now use Google Chrome more often than not and it seems to be working fine. I wish the item management integrated more seemlessly to our Shopify site, but i think this is nitpicking a bit since most of the other POS systems don't even offer any integration. Definitely pricier than the competition, but you get bang for the buck. Web based interface is risky if you have network connectivity issues. We have been lucky thus far, but I could see this as being an issue for others. Wish there was an iPhone app, a little hard to view on the iPhone browser.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2016
David F.
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2016

"Over Promise & Under Deliver"

Comments: On the recommendation of another store in the area that uses Springboard I decided to try them out. I was initially told I would be able to use all my same equipment that I used with a previous point of sale system, later that turned out to not be the case & at considerable cost. Importing the product seemed to be an extraordinary challenge for them as well, even though they said they switched customers from my previous point of sale to theirs, "all the time." All in all it took them over 7 days to import, and I'm still missing information or have information in the wrong places. Once we were ready to go with product in place, the new machinery they made me purchase stopped communicating with their Point of Sale & after several hours on the phone & several hundred dollars of walk out business they were able to fix most of it, only to have it happen several more times in the next 3 weeks. I'm still waiting on a call back from tech support so they can look at some issues that happened a week ago. All in all, this is extremely disappointing software. Had I to do it over again, I would certainly not have switched to Springboard.

Pros: It's easy for my seasonal employees to use, but not remarkably more or less than any other POS.

Cons: I was sold, "So much more than point of sale. Springboard Retail is a powerful, cloud POS software and retail management platform designed to help you sell more, smarter." So far it has entirely failed to live up to that billing. Rather cumbersome to put transactions on hold & recall, no time clock feature, a 4 to 5 step purchase order to purchase receipt function that is again, a bit cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2016
Pattie D.

"Good Tool!"

Comments: This is a very nice tool that works as a POS as well as inventory and order capturing. It's pricey though.

Pros: POS is easy to use.

Cons: VERY pricey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the additional spend for adding another terminal just to use at off-site events is cost prohibitive when there are other options out there for less money or for free.

Julie K.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2018

"Springboard retail is a Game Changer"

Comments: I can look at my business from the app
On my phone anywhere anytime. I love this..it has given me some
Flexibility in my business and alllowed
Me to work
In a little
Family time

Pros: I have control of the IT end of my business . I do not have to “call a guy” every time something goes wrong or it’s time
For an upgrade. In 4 years my system has gone down maybe 4 Times and then never for more than 20 minutes and every time it has been the internet provider that was the problem but Springboard always steps up and gets it fixed. They never point the finger they just take care of it. Also there are no costly upgrades that require new computers and “that computer guy” to execute it.

Cons: When you need help they will often times refer you to their knowledge base...usually I have already gone this route and need an actual
Answer not another article to read.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2018
Wendy L.
owner/president
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2016

"Overall very satisfied."

Comments: Switched over from quickbooks point of sale about a year ago. (DO NOT BUY QB POS) The transfer of data went smoothly. The customer support was amazing. They have every feature I need for a small business with moderate to high volume. They system is very easy to use. They are continuously evolving and don't try to charge you extra for updates like some systems do. Because it is web based you can access it anywhere and enter inventory when you are not in the store with out having the POS set up on another computer. Reporting features help me analyze business better. Dashboard gives an overview of all info I need on a daily basis. Their customer service is the best I have encountered ever. They are usually available with little to no wait time. The staff is knowledgable and addresses any issues that arise in a timely manner. That being said, there have been a few glitches but as I stated they do fix them quickly.

Pros: Customer service. Web based, allows access anywhere.

Cons: Extra monthly charge for using POS on an iPad even if I use it for just 1 day. Not cheap, but worth the price.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2016
Kelly R.
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2014

"This is a tech-savvy system that is great for my trendy store!"

Pros: Springboard has been GREAT with fixing minor glitches and making iOS update adjustments immediately! I love utilizing the iPad for my trendy boutique, and I love the inventory system. The fact that this POS system was created by former boutique owners is evident in the detail and ease of use.

Cons: The only thing I do not like is that sometimes the card reader and Bluetooth scanner do not work if the iPad has gone to sleep between customers. So the scanner has to be turned off and then back on to repair the issue. But this is a minor problem compared to the benefits of the system and has an easy fix.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2014
Michelle D.
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2014

"A comfortable transition to an automated POS system"

Pros: Once we got underway, the equipment has been easy to use, much faster and more complete and accurate than we expected. The vendor is very cooperative when we have questions. Answers are prompt and knowledgeable. The vendor has also gone the extra mile in helping us weave POS data into usable form for our accountant and other service resources we use. In addition, they follow-up with us frequently to see how we are doing. It's just what you would expect from a first class vendor.

Cons: To date, we are pleased with all aspects of our system.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2014
Morgan L.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2014

"Fantastic retail software for our 5-store retail chain"

Pros: There are so many things we have liked about using Springboard. It is extremely user-friendly and very easy to train new staff on. The reporting features have helped us tremendously with customer service and satisfaction. Springboard support has been extremely responsive and helpful. They are timely with their responses and we've had very few issues.

Cons: We are working towards a way to integrate our gift card system, and we would really like an easy way to transfer inventory built in.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2014
Heather K.
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2014

"Excellent Point of Sale Platform"

Pros: They nailed the user-friendly experience with this tool. It vastly improved our workflow and our customer's experience. Training new sales associates has been quicker and easier over our previous tool.

Cons: The options for gift cards is limiting, which becomes even more difficult when you have both online and brick-and-mortar storefronts.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2014
Theresa J.
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2016

"Springbroad is the best system for fashion retailers"

Pros: These folks understand fashion retail. Most of the other cloud-based systems evolved out of "coffee-shops" and are focused strictly on point-of-sale. As a fashion retailer that has been around for over 20 years, we needed a system that helps us manage our inventory, vendors and customers. Plus they have awesome support.

Cons: Nothing much. Integration with with Shopify (for e-commerce) is still evolving.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2016
Michelle M.
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2017

"Exceptional Customer Service"

Comments: Overall, I'm extremely pleased

Pros: The setup of this point of sale system was very user friendly. It is very easy to use and the customer service is excellent.

Cons: I find running reports and programming promotions a challenge. In regards to running reports, it does not seem intuitive.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2017
Caroline K.
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2014

"Excellent experience with Springboard Retail"

Pros: I like the simplicity of the product. I also love that it is a multi-store product, so all six of our stores can be logged in and checking out customers at once.

Cons: I really don't have any complaints. The product is so easy to use, and I love the reporting that it offers. I wish that it synced with our website, a Magento-based site, but that is my only complaint!

• Reviewed on 10/07/2014
Phil S.
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"Best POS system in the market"

Comments: Love the simplicity and the ease of use of all the entire system and its features. Been a customer for just over a year and we've only had awesome experience with it. Very fast and its inventory system keeps amazing accountability. The only drawback if I was nitpicking is their online chat support which can take some time for a response. But you can always just call their support number instead and they're always helpful there.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2017
Ciara S.
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2017

"Great POS System for Retail"

Comments: After coming from a software POS system that offered a complicated process and little to no customer service, I was pleasantly surprised that at Springboard they have demonstrated fabulous customer service and communication through our transition to their software platform. As the Franchisor to a retail brand, I value Springboard's ease of use and fantastic support and customer service culture.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2017
Michael A.
Industrial Automation
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2014

"Review time"

Pros: The ease of it and accessibility of it are the best. It works well for us.

Cons: Nothing so far to report, I have had a good experience thus far.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2014
Carlos a. L.
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2016

"Springboard Retail is great and reliable point-of-sale solution for small and multisite businesses"

Comments: The interface is not only simple to use, but also easy to learn.
It is a system that allow very good inventory tracking.
It has good reporting capabilities.
The customer service is fast and friendly.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2016
Kelly B.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2017

"Stands Out from the Rest"

Pros: The training and overall review process was easy and flexible. You had the option of when to schedule you springboard calls and in retail, you need a bit of flexibility. There were plenty of times that I couldn't hop on the training call and customer service was a gem about it. She also put up with some stupid humor of mine. Customer service was grade A. I was so stressed about the idea of this massive undertaking, especially when our POS system was the only thing the store and long-time managers have ever known. Our launch date was scary soon, but the Data Migration Team had us up and running (for the final migration) by 2 AM, the morning of our launch. I was incredibly impressed by their speed and productivity getting us where we need to go. The actual Springboard Point-of-Sale runs like butter. Everything is right there and a breeze to use; it's nothing compared to our very old and outdated previous POS.

Cons: Getting a reasonable launch date had me worried, but the Springboard team, especially, made our small Tallahassee store their top priority.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2017
Kelly R.
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2018

"Great platform"

Pros: No need for quickbooks. My accountant pulls reports straight from Springboard at the end of the year. Also I love the inventory management and ability to create one day price changes for sales

Cons: Customer support is lacking. Gift cards can’t be scanned through credit card reader even when they have the magnetic strip.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2018
Lindsey G.
Retail store owner
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2017

"Big help for small business"

Comments: We upgraded to springboard in 2016 and it has greatly increased our efficiency and accuracy. We love that it ties to our management software, online store, and our existing email programs!

Pros: Very user friendly and fairly intuitive.

Cons: When it runs slow or doesn't sync in a timely manner. I also REALLY wish there was a time management clock in/out function to track payroll AND that the shipment fulfillment worked properly between Shopify and springboard.

Susan R.
Co-owner
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2017

"Good quality"

Comments: We've been using Springboard since we opened our store. We've been happy with the overall features and quality.

Pros: Easy to use

Cons: Issues with hardware

• Reviewed on 01/02/2017
Kristen Z.
Vice President
Luxury Goods & Jewelry
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016

"Top of the line data in easy to use system"

Pros: It is extremely easy to use - from beginners to experienced users.

Cons: Would love to have kitting - this would allow us to better track our parts inventory.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2016
Karel K.
Helpdesk
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2018

"Springboard Retail"

Pros: I really love Springboard. It helps a lot with keeping track of everything, and the lay-out is modern and good looking.

Cons: Because of the simplistic lay-out, features are sometimes hard to find, but with a bit of google this can be solved

• Reviewed on 20/06/2018
Justin W.
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2019

"The Search Continues"

Pros: The basics of processing orders, reporting meet most of our needs. The general layout of the software is fairly user friendly.

Cons: The general costs of the pos is by no means too much. It’s just not what we are willing to spend on what we’re trying to get out of the software.
We have very basics needs and it’s not quite what we can handle at this time.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2019
Sarah B.
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2015

"It has been a complete game changer as an off site owner"

Pros: Ease of use and amount of data you can look at in real time

Cons: Nothing to report there isn't anything bad to say. If you want to fully use the service as it is intended make time to do the calls so you can get the most out of it.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2015
Katie A.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2014

"Easy to understand and go back"

Pros: Easy to work with and a good guide when problems arise.

Cons: It seems a little outdated, and it's hard to convert to newer systems.

• Reviewed on 26/12/2014