• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.3 /5

About Paycor

Streamline HR and payroll processes and get fast access to employee data using one intuitive platform.

Learn more about Paycor

Showing 1,955 reviews

Danielle N.
VP of HR
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Stuck with disappointment"

Comments: I am very torn. I do like the system and feel like there are a lot of functions to take advantage of, however because the customer service is so poor I can not get help to utilize them to the full extent. Also I am disgusted by their billing department, I don't understand why I cannot get answers on what I am expected to pay for and why it changes each week. I honestly want to look for something different, but I feel stuck since we just went through the transfer last year. I have 150 employees and I don't want to put them through another change so quickly. I would change if I could and I would not recommend this to anyone. This is my last hope to try to get someone's attention, 4 months ago I expressed all my frustration with the sales people and was hopeful for some change, but nothing has changed.

Pros: I really like the payroll function of the software, it is very easy to set up and run payroll. Also the user side of things is very simple and available in Spanish.

Cons: Billing is inconsistent and uninformative, you ask questions and cannot get a direct or clear answer, I think it is very fair to be asking what I am paying for. Which then leads to the other worst function for this company which is customer service, I have been working on a billing question about delivery fees for over a month now, I have now had to ask 3 different people which include the sales people that sold me on Paycor. I have been working on getting a user simple access to review our time cards and it is taking 3 weeks now. I called the support team, they told me it was fixed (it was not). I then created a case number by reaching out to through their support email, a week later I had to follow up with another phone call and they told me they had not even started working on this, so I had to sit on the phone for an hour while they worked on it.

by Paycor on 17/07/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is great to hear that you are enjoying your Paycor experience. Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Elizabeth B.
Customer Success Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2021

"Paycor is easy to use and makes managing my PTO simple"

Comments: Overall, I found Paycor to be user friendly and relatively inexpensive compared to other options.

Pros: Our company uses paycor for its HR management. It's simple to view your paystubs, manage your team, and check on your benefits. I like the menu and the ease of navigation.

Cons: It can be confusing to manage and view your teams PTO/hours, etc. I wish folks were able to adjust their payroll contributions for federal with-holding on the site.

by Paycor on 05/03/2021

Hi Elizabeth - Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that it's easy for you to navigate within Paycor. Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 25/02/2021
Kathy M.
HR Manager
Insurance Software, 51-200 Employees

"Best Payroll System"

Comments: Our company was using ADP when I joined in 2016. I started looking for a new service immediately.
Paycor is extremely user friendly. Managing employee records is faster, you can access reports quickly. Customer Service is outstanding! Very knowledgeable and friendly group of account specialists. Also the implementation process was smooth and I felt very prepared when we went live.

Pros: Ease of use, functionality, payroll processing made easy and reports options.

Cons: While there are a ton of topics not everything in the HELP too not everything is to find. Once you do find what you are looking for there's a how to video which is helpful. I don't think it's easy to navigate the help guide. I also find that setting up new earnings/deduction codes could be easier.

Michael M.
Chief Operating Officer
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Using but wanting more"

Comments: Very good. We went from outsourcing to an accounting firm to brining payroll and those functions in house. It has been a bit bumpy but not necessarily because Paycor because we had to shore up or develop new processes to effective and efficient with HR functions

Pros: Paycor helps us manage core HR functions well. Looking forward to better benefits integration.

Cons: Doesn't always seem to work on phones when people need to clock in or out.

by Paycor on 23/10/2020

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Janel V.
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2017

"Excellent customer service, beautiful and easy to use (previous NimbleSchedule user)"

Pros: We heavily depend on Ximble for our scheduling and time clocking system, and more for the latter. Ximble has features that other similar platforms do not offer which we mostly use: the automatic deduction of unpaid breaks in the payroll report, automatically generating timesheets/payroll reports, and the time clocking app for tablets and smartphones. The interface is beautiful, looks fresh and modern. It seemed well thought of and well planned, considering the ease of use and an overall pleasant experience. Customer Service: I think this is the BEST feature. Customer service seems to be the top priority. There is always someone available to talk to for questions and support. I never had to wait so long for a response and the responses are always thoughtful, accurate, courteous, professional and satisfactory. I have had some really BIG issues with Ximble (and NimbleSchedule) in the past but my concerns were taken seriously and immediate actions were done. It really is very important for us to be able to connect with someone when issues arise. Overall: Ximble is ever-growing and always open to changes and suggestions. It's not a system that is set in stone and it is willing to accommodate users to make the best experience and offer the best service possible. I am impressed with the quick responses and support it gives users. I think it's worth the money to have this kind of support than just handing me a software and have to deal with it myself!

Cons: The switch from NimbleSchedule to Ximble wasn't as smooth as I hoped. I expected at least the bare minimum of having all NimbleSchedule features in Ximble and then more. I loved NimbleSchedule but there were issues that Ximble was able to fix so I'm not complaining! Every new software needs some adjustment period and I think I've overcome this and has learned to like Ximble so far. Because we heavily rely on the payroll reports that Ximble generates for us, it is a pain to print each report for all of our 64 employees one by one. IT would be ideal if there is an option to print all timesheets with just one click of a button (like NimbleSchedule did). We prefer the layout of the reports through the website and not the exported CSV version which looks a lot more cluttered and not easy to read. I would also prefer for fewer pages to load when clicking on buttons to save on time. (Saving time is always a plus for me). Example: When clicking "add clock in", instead of having to open a whole new page, it would be beneficial if the same page enabled a box to add this information. The "notes" section feature on the payroll report was removed but this is a vital component of our payroll reports. I requested if they can consider returning this feature. A few bugs here and there that I would always bring to Ximble's attention to get fixed and they get on it quick! Could be more user-friendly and intuitive.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2017
Jennifer S.
Manager, Human Resources
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2019

"Good software solution with room for growth"

Comments: Overall I think it is a great business solution and time saver. The information captured and stored is very helpful for reporting and I am able to instantly generate useful information. I also appreciate that they are consistently making improvements and evolving the software to best meet the needs of their clients. There are options available to make suggestions and follow them along the process of review through implementation.

Pros: We use multiple features within the Paycor platform ( payroll, benefits enrollment, time and attendance and reporting . I find them all to be helpful, although, some are better functioning than others. For payroll processing and new hire onboarding Paycor has been a great solution. All I need to enter upon hiring a new person is their name and email and the onboarding process is initiated. Our employee information is now more up-to-date and accurate not to mention the time that is saved with manual entry.

Cons: For us the attendant solution and customer support would be areas for improvement. We have a non-standard set up for time and attendance which causes some confusion and manual entry. Although, I typically can get a hold of customer support within a few minutes many times I find explaining our problem and getting it resolved takes several emails and can take days/weeks. Additionally I find having dedicated tech-support to be more cumbersome then general support. Most times I find our individual contact is not available and there is a decent amount of turnover making dedicated team members seem irrelevant.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2019
Tami W.
Primary/Secondary Education
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2015

"Payroll, Attendance Tracking & Benefits Made Easy!"

Pros: It's hard to pick out a single thing. The ease of the payroll processing is so nice. I really like that I can access the employee record from the pay data grid. This gives the ability to view an employee's earnings and deductions, figure out what might need to be adjusted, make the adjustment right in the pay data grid, and recalculate the check!
The time and attendance is a great tool for tracking time off and scheduling different leaves for our staff, and it's easy to make a change to the reason or day if needed. The HR piece of Paycor has simplified things for me in that I have changed our benefits to an online enrollment (fabulous). I've utilized the forms and documents section for a central location to refer all employees to, and the company news lets me put time sensitive materials on there.
Paycor has been very easy to work with and extremely helpful. I like having a specialist for each piece of the product; I can call and present my problem without having to be passed to five different departments. They are prompt in resolving my problem and very courteous.

Cons: I would like to have the ability to create quizzes to send out to employees that can be tracked on their employee records. I currently use the surveys for some of this but wish there was more functionality with the surveys. We are now using the performance review portion, and I wish there was a way to exclude the weights since we don't use them, although I did find a workaround.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2015
Ohio Advocacy Chair
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2020

"Paycor"

Comments: Overall it is good software. It does have some areas that just could be better. I believe with a little time these issues could be addressed and corrected. Making the software very valuable to any company.

Pros: This software is good for tracking available hours for vacation and time off request. Also it allows employees to access their tax information electronically.

Cons: I dont like that this software doesnt provide the user with much information on how to use it. You pretty much have to teach yourself how to navigate the program. Which is fine but can be very frustrating. Also if you forget your password you only have 3 attempts to get it right or you will be locked out of your account. Then you have to contact the administrator to reset password. Its great security but very inconvenient for the user especially if you need to access your account immediately. It usually takes days of waiting to get the administrator to complete the reset.

by Paycor on 19/02/2020

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to improve your experience, please email me at [email protected] We hope you have a wonderful day.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2020
Ken P.
HR Director
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"Paycor Perform truly Performs"

Pros: Paycor is rich in functionality. It does a great job in time keeping and has performed for payroll flawlessly once the bugs were worked out (which are inevitable when converting to a new system). Just about everything can be tweaked and changed to conform to a companies policies. You can drill down deep to give customized access to companies, groups, and even individuals in that you can assign a group to an individual, then customize their unique profile to give them access to the specific functions they need. The reporting is about as complete as you could want. There are standard reporting templates for just about anything you need, then you can customize these or build from scratch and keep the reports you want to use on a regular basis. Their help desk people are amazing and respond quickly with solutions. They are not hesitant to bring in other help desk employees if the answer is outside of their knowledge base.

Cons: Because the program is so rich in features, sometimes you need to use the 'Help' features to learn how to do something new, or refresh yourself. The 'Help' feature leaves a lot to be desired. When you search a feature, you usually get mostly questions from other users and even if you are very specific on what you are searching for, you often have to dig through a few pages to find your solution.

Ethan K.
Dental Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Used for clocking in and out and scheduling."

Comments: When it works, it works great. Allows for clocking in and clocking out with ease. When scheduling lately, the program has some bugs that they need to work out.

Pros: I like that you are able to easily clock in and out for shifts as well as schedule the employees for future dates.

Cons: After Ximble got bought out by a different company (Paycor), the online scheduling function has a glitch where you cannot "edit" scheduled times. It does not change the time on the schedule and you have to delete the old schedule and create a whole new one. Wastes a lot of time for me.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Shirley K.
Human Resources Manager
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Paycor All in One HRIS"

Comments: We switched from ADP to the Paycor platform 3 years ago and couldn't be happier with the decision to change. It was scary but Paycor was unbelievable through the whole process. We have improve our payroll processing time and accuracy unbelievable. We can run additional payrolls at any time ourselves, add new departments, job titles, etc all with no hidden costs and the immediate access for payroll journal previews make it a great platform. Paycor reporting is super easy to use and the ability to schedule reports to run daily, weekly, monthly is a huge timesaver. We took the leap and implemented carrier connection and Online Open Enrollment last year and couldn't be happier with the results. We also implement Self Service for our employees which our employees greatly appreciated. They now have access to their accounts and can make changes 24/7. Utilizing Paycor has streamlined our processes and improved us overall. We look forward to implementing more Paycor modules. Best of all their upgrades are based off our their customer feedback and suggestions.

Pros: Ease of use and the great customer service.

Cons: None

Shelly D.
Bookkeeper
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees

"Mixed feelings"

Comments: Overall I think this software is better for regular employees than for me as the bookkeeper of a small preschool. We switched from a different time clock to paycor's a couple years ago and I do like that this allows me to process payroll from home, which I have had to do this year on a snow day. However, I preferred the old time clock as I could see a grid of all the employees and quickly add hours or punches to multiple employees. Now I have to go to each employee's time clock.
This may seem like a petty issue to some, but I don't like that when adding a new employee to the system I have to select a gender and my only options are male and female. This makes me feel like paycor doesn't respect my trans co-workers.

Pros: Ability to process payroll from anywhere

Cons: Have to assign gender to employees, can't process payroll on the night of the last day of the pay period, time clock is tedious

Anthony S.
Coordination
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"Good option for managing hours and payroll"

Comments: Overall, Paycor is a good time to manage payroll and hr needs.

Pros: Paycor is a good tool for tracking and managing employee hours. It offers an all-in-one software to manage your hr needs.

Cons: The message center is not intuitive and viewing and deleting messages can be frustrating. The table used to enter hours could be more user friendly.

by Paycor on 15/06/2020

Hi Anthony, thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to improve your experience, please email me at [email protected] We hope you have a wonderful day.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
Advisor
Accounting Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"Paycor Review"

Comments: Overall, I've had a satisfactory experience with the product. Gets the job done for most payroll and HR needs.

Pros: - Paycor has an amazing customer service team, they always seem to come to our rescue in time - Pretty neat integration offering and quite customizable as well without needing to break too many things - Onboarding experience is fantastic, with the video tutorials, really helps get over the steep learning curve, and saves costs in terms of having to organize internal trainings for new employees

Cons: - Although on-boarding for initial users in great for getting up to speed on the basics of the product, it can be a bit difficult when you start looking for intermediate features, the "Help" section is a bit lacking in its explicitness in explaining results. So the learning curve is low initially for getting started, but gets steep as you go further down. - Batch-editing and deleting of records or fields would be great to have - I feel the shortcut key set is a bit lacking, for someone inputing or editing a lot of indexes at a go, it could be a bit of drag if i need to use my mouse every now and then, considering coming from an environment like excel.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Batiste Z.
Controller
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2021

"Very Disappointed"

Comments: What started out as a overall great experience has completely bombed out since the new [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] implemented his "better" version of customer service. I realize that COVID threw us all for a loop but I've been on hold for almost 5 hours today waiting for support. Add that to the two days last week when I gave up after 2 hours on hold and my issues are still not solved. I've sent emails to the "support at paycor" email address since they've taken away our dedicated support team marked with High Importance and I still get no response. My "sales" manager is the only one who responds and he can't help! Horrible. If not for all the work involved, the loss of history that occurs when you change companies, I'd be out shopping now.

Pros: We went with Paycor because from a payroll processing point of view it is very easy and perfect for a small manufacturing company. The implementation process was well thought out and with one exception went fairly smoothly.

Cons: The How To's aren't easy to follow and are often out of date to what the platform currently does. The reports are hard to figure out-I've had to call for support to create what I needed. There are no instructions that I've found that help learn how to configure one of their reports to give you the information you need.

by Paycor on 05/02/2021

Hi Batiste - thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights in regards to service and help documentation and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2021
Craig S.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"Certain features work great, but using the time & attendance not always easy"

Comments: While I like many of the features in Paycor, when combined with HR & Time and Attendance some of the features such as workflows in HR do not always sync every field. Using Time and attendance is not always easy for some of the employees and supervisors to use and the descriptions for a supervisor to approve a time card is "Locking" a time card not approving which adds confusion for some supervisors.

Pros: Low Cost including HR, Certain reporting features are very helpful

Cons: Time and Attendance system not user or supervisor friendly, certain workflows do not include every field that actually needs to be changed when an employee changes from part-time to full time and other issues

• Reviewed on 26/10/2016
Sue G.
HR/Payroll/Benefits/Safety/Admin. Assist
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2016

"Paycor equals User Friendly & Assistance when needed"

Comments: I've processed payroll for years and Paycor has been, by far, the easiest to use for a Payroll Specialist. If you aren't sure, you have access to Paycor step-by-step tutorials with screenshots for payroll and HR. If you still need assistance, you can contact a devoted payroll specialist via email or phone call.
You can also ask questions to HR Specialists for those hard to find answers.
Paycor offers so many ways to assist in day-to-day payroll and HR business such as handbook assistance, Onboarding, uploading certificates, uploading company documents, etc.
WOW!!
So much help available at your fingertips!!

Pros: Assistance in all aspects.
Paycor listens to the clients for ideas

Cons: Our labor hours go by jobs, Paycor does not allow for consecutive job numbers such as 1001, 1002, 1003 as the employees process new jobs.

Terri J.
Accounta Payable and Assist with HR
Retail, 51-200 Employees

"Paycor Review by Terri"

Comments: The payroll module is pretty straight forward and associates are able to answer questions and assist when we call with questions.
The HR and ACA portion is not as easy to learn . We are not clear on how the contact for Client Support HR differs from the contact for Benefit Related HR questions . Is training available to come to our site?
Once we added all the different compenents, it has been confusing to know who to call to help for what section . Lately we have felt like a ping pong ball bounced from one rep to another.

Pros: We are able to make changes when needed on our end most of the time. On occasion it requires a Paycor Rep to manage changes.

Cons: I think since we started with just the payroll part then later added the HR part there seems to be information that does not transfer from payroll over to the HR and it's confusing which place to enter what information for both parts to "talk" to each other.

Application Analyst
Higher Education Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2018

"Paycor Review"

Pros: Paycor provides one stop shop for your employee information. My favorite feature is the vacation/time off feature. Not only is this information easy to process, Paycor provides dashboard analytics so users can quickly locate their vacation and sick time balances.

Cons: I've used other software's in the past and the one thing Paycor lacks is the ability to locate a future date for a vacation and it automatically calculates what the balance would be at the given time frame based upon the rate of return that you receive in your benefits package.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Nazree G.
Controller
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2018

"Paycor has great products for payroll and the Paycor team is always responsive."

Comments: Easy to log in and enter time from any computer device.
Easy to review and approve time.
Easy to set up and make changes to employees.
Easy to create and run reports.
Easy to track time across different work groups for reporting requirements and get the import file that we need to record cost accurately to different cost centers.
Excellent customer service.

Pros: Set up for whatever we need is very simple compared to another larger payroll processing company we have used.

Cons: We could benefit from other features in time and attendance that are not available, like selecting a limited range of work groups an employee can access.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2018
Sandi S.
payroll
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees

"Personal Service"

Comments: We have approx. 350 employees and 3 different companies, we have switched all our payrolls from a different provider to Paycor for the ease of use and personal service that the company gives. The program is always in continuous improvement which is nice to see that the updates and feedback are being implemented.

Pros: ease of use. I like that you can do a one time change with deductions such as a health deduction on a specific payroll but the original deduction still stays in place.

Cons: The one thing I don't like is the changing of the password every 6 months, but I know that is a necessary evil.

Linda L.
Director of Human Resources
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"Good company."

Comments: We had a rocky start with Paycor due to many tax issues but this past year has been much better. I do not think the reports are as easy to use as some other systems I have worked with. It may be just that I am not using them to their full capability but I have a difficult time drilling down to the information that I need. One "complaint" that I would love to see resolved is the very limited viewing area for reports. It would be really helpful to be able to enlarge to actual size and not have to scroll to see all of the report.

Pros: Very quick response after sending in payroll...reports are available almost immediately.

Cons: Limited viewing area for reports...very annoying to not be able to view reports in actual size without scrolling.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2016
Salesforce Administrator
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"Streamlined our entire HR system which was much needed"

Comments: This took a number of different HR resources that were spread out among multiple sites and local docs and reduced it down to one single location so users don't have to search around to find basic HR needs.

Pros: Very user friendly, easy to navigate, and everything is there in one place. We used to have to go to multiple websites or local documents if we wanted to clock in/out, view PTO, view benefits, employer resources, etc. Now we have all of that in one place which makes it very easy to view all things HR.

Cons: This is near perfect. I think the mobile app can be improved upon a bit more. I rarely use it because it's kind of clunky. Other than that, very little to complain about with this software.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018
Consultor SOA
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2018

"a very good and easy to use application for the management of employees."

Pros: ximble is a good application for the management of personnel where its main feature is the segimiento of the activity of the staff where it allows: to control the attendance of person through registries of entrance and exit. allows us to easily calculate salaries. all this from its application in a fast and easy way from the web or our iphone and android devices where it allows us to create a geographical restriction.
You can take the administration of the staff easily: time worked, vacations, sick leave, absences, labor costs and many more.
As if that were not enough we integrate a wide number of applications such as: Ximble, QuickBooks, Xero

Cons: The only negative thing to highlight about this application is that it depends on the internet.
and I could develop in more languages

• Reviewed on 14/05/2018
Purchasing Coordinator
Building Materials, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"Easy to navigate. Compensation/vacation information readily available."

Pros: The ease with which you can clock in. The visibility of your vacation hours, time used and available. Easily access past and present paycheck stubs and W-2's. A company communications area on the home screen to communicate and relay information, job opening, upcoming events, etc.

Cons: In the latest upgrade, under the time and attendance calendar, the hours for the day are not calculated and visable until the following day. Would like to see it there after you punch out.