15 years helping Emirati businesses

About Everhour

Accurate time tracker that fully automates and personalizes the billing & invoicing process and integrates with accounting software.

Learn more about Everhour

Pros:

Cons:

Missing 'Submit' feature, but it was delivered recently as far as I remember.

Everhour ratings

4.6
4.7
4.5
4.6

9.0/10

Everhour has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 420 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Everhour before?

Paul
Paul
CEO in Netherlands
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy hour registration with budgetting + invoicing

Comments: The easy way of data entry of of my daily different tasks reduced my frustration of this tedious task and saved me time in the end. I do not use a timer, but everhour does provide one too. The overall functionality from time entry, scheduling, budgetting, reporting and invoicing makes it more than just time entry with a well thought out interface,

Pros:

The software has a really nifty integration with Clickup and provides you the information in a single click. The interface is very intuitive and helps us reduce time needed to report hours of different project tasks. On top of the nice integration it goes even further and provides a way to get more grip on a project by defining a budget. And when all hours written, you can customize your reports or use the API to run queries/exports of the data.

Cons:

As we work with contracts too, we had to find a workaround to get these grouped/reported. We would love to see some kind of recurring projects which can be renewed on an interval, so support contracts on hourly or ficed price basis can be handled towards invoicing.

5 years ago

Thanks for the insightful feedback, Paul!

Ashley
President in US

Amazing Time & Utilization Tracking

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Super please. Exactly what I was looking for and glad we made the switch

Pros:

I was looking for a solution that would allow me to capture time for each of my clients projects. The integration with Asana is perfect and provides us the info and access we need to be successful.

Cons:

None at this time, so far very happy with everything Everhour offers

Noelle
Director of Content in US

I like Everhour

Comments: It's OK, as far as time trackers go. I have not recommended it to anyone yet, but if anyone asked me, I'd say it's pretty good. I prefer the other time tracker that I have used for 10+ years, but my organization prefers Everhour, mainly because of the way it integrates with Asana. And I do have to say, Everhour's integration with Asana is superior to the other time tracker that I used.

Pros:

I like the Chrome plugin and the way it integrates seamlessly with Asana.

Cons:

I would like to be able to use this at a more micro level. We have it set up to be task-oriented, but I'd like it to be not only task oriented by micro task. For example, if I'm writing an article, the task is for the article, but I do writing, editing, and publishing. I like to track those individual sub tasks under the umbrella of the parent task. I also don't like the dashboard user experience. I've used another time tracker for years, and it has a much better dashboard UX; Everhour is not as intuitive as I'd like. That said, it is a nice time tracker, especially given all of its integrations.

2 years ago

Hi Noelle, This is possible to track time on Asana subtasks, so I believe your desire of micro management can be achieved.

amy a
Operations in US
Construction Software, 2–10 Employees

Great Time Software

Pros:

We ultimately chose Everhour because of the ability to integrate multiple applications and software such as Notion. It's easy to use and very customizable. We used it with several remote contractors, and it's been nice to utilize to determine hours spent on specific projects and easily track their times for compensation.

Cons:

Nothing-it has worked great for what we've needed it for and continue using it.

2 months ago

Thanks for your review, Amy!

Kory
Kory
Sales Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Track Every Minute for Every Task With Everhour

Comments: Everhour allows our team to save time on time tracking!

Pros:

Everhour is the best time tracking tool for use with Basecamp. In the past, we have used Toggl and Tick and while they did integrate with Basecamp, it wasn't as seamless as it is with Everhour.

Cons:

The one thing that could be improved with Everhour is the reporting functionality. It does allow you to pull reports by user, project, teams, etc. but the user interface and options for pulling reports need some improvement.

4 years ago

Hi Kory, please reach out to our support and they may help you with reports!

Trudy
Founder in UK
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Solid Time Tracking software

Comments: We've trialed most leading time tracking and project management platforms.
Everhour meets our specific needs to be able to log hours against client projects and easily issue real time reports with account statements.

Pros:

project time tracking, the reporting, support was very good.

Cons:

Would like to be able to use more than 1 tag for a task without it creating a new line item on the reports.

Thanks for this review!

Okoth
Senior Researcher in Kenya
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

A powerhouse in time tracking and boosting efficiency

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The elaborate reporting capabilities in Everhour give valuable information about time and team efficiency, which enables us to maximize our resource usage. The feature of integrating Everhour with our project management tools results in the convenience of a well-organized and smooth-running workflow.

Cons:

Everhour does time tracking but may require additional tools for full project management functionality.

Seseyon
Customer Relations Officer in US
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

Everhour:a nice platform for tracking time!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It gives us an overview of what is being done at a given time. Keep track of team’s hours and project hours. Customer support is great.

Cons:

User friendly software.very much satisfied with it.

Catherine
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use and competitively priced.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like that it is so easy to use to track hours per project.

Cons:

Price is a little high but worth it because it is so useful.

Titouan
Titouan
CEO in France
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Everhour is great !

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to setup and to use, the tea adopted it really quickly

Cons:

Easy to use, good features, linear integration is smooth, good tech work

Greg
Content Strategy Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Everhour ClickUp Integration Saves Makes Time Entry Simple

Pros:

We've collectively saved hundreds and hundreds of hours across our 20-person company since we integrated Everhour with ClickUp just over three months ago. It's made time tracking so simple and intuitive.

Cons:

Sometimes it's difficult to search for projects because the project names get truncated too much – I've only used Everhour for time-tracking in ClickUp, so this could be an integration limitation.

10 months ago

Thanks, we are glad to save your time on tracking time :)

Julie
Julie
VP Operations in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Decent time tracking software with great reporting

Comments: Everhour is a good time tracker with advanced reporting features, however it requires more organization than our team was consistently able to accomplish. It would be best for those with more defined roles, who perform the same few tasks on a regular basis.

Pros:

We love how Everhour can show how long each team member, and the team as a whole, have spent on any given task and project. This really helps us control costs and get an accurate idea how we are all spending our time. We use it in integration with Basecamp.

Cons:

The integration with Basecamp is a little clunky - you can only track time on items that are already entered somewhere as a “task” in Basecamp, so we ended up with long, individual “ongoing for time tracking” lists to make sure we could track all our time. One team member really had difficulty figuring out how to track time and it became an issue. The value of the reporting only works if every team member is very organized & disciplined about categorizing tracked time correctly, so we often weren’t able to get the data we hoped for. We would have liked an easier way to report some of our tasks, because on a small team where everyone “wears a lot of hats,” coordinating between Everhour and Basecamp to make sure everything was tracked in the right project could get tedious and overwhelming.

5 years ago

Hi Julie, thanks so much for the feedback! But is that true not true that a better organization brough more clarity in what was achieved and how to accomplish better results?

Markus
CEO in Germany
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Does one the thing I want it to do extremly well

Comments: We've been using Everhour for several years now. After trying countless other time-tracking tools, Everhour finally was the one that worked for our team. I believe its greatest strength is that the developer has (mostly) resisted the temptation to overload it with features that lie outside of its core proposition - It is mainly a time-tracking and -reporting tool, and it does this one job extremely well. The main UI element is a single input box that smartly auto-completes project names, tags, and even whole issue-titles (if you are lucky enough to use on of the project management tools it integrates with - in our case that that is GitHub). It understands a variety of date and time formats, so it usually allows a user to write a time-tracking entry in plain English. The reporting facility allows users to define a date-range and drill-down and aggregate by pretty much anything they could possibly need, and it allows the exporting to Excel, CSV and google docs. Pretty complete I'd say. So why only 4 stars? The lack of an API keeps me from giving it a five-star rating. Why the developer does not provide one for their otherwise near-perfect product is beyond me.

Pros:

Simple and intuitive Very polished Great reporting facility Useful integrations

Cons:

No API

6 years ago

Hi Markus, Thanks for your review! We appreciate your choice. Public API is available by this link: https://everhour.docs.apiary.io/#introduction/getting-started Let us know if you could not see calls that you need here by contacting our support!

Rafel
Chief Product Owner in Spain
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great time tracking software with very interesting extra functionalities

Comments: We are very satisfied with Everhour. Before using it we had another Asana integration. I think that Everhour is better than that integration and for less amount of money!

Pros:

We use Everhour with Asana integration. It is very usefull to keep track of time spent in each task and it allows to do very interesting time and costs reports for each project, type of task, team member, etc. The reporting functionality is very powerfull because it is fully customizable with lots of options. Home page is also very interesting as you can see in what is working each team member in every moment. If you are a manager you also have a very interesting view of all the team in which you can see very quickly if everybody is tracking time correctly.

Cons:

We use Everhour with Asana integration. When you remove a task from Asana, maybe you are setting up a project and defining tasks and then you realize that 2 task could be combined in only one task, the removed task still appears in everhour timeline functionality (as completed) and you cannot remove it anyway form that view.

Thanks, keep going!

Alfonso
PMO in Switzerland
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees

Robust & Reliable

Pros:

Easy to use and deploy. Reporting and dashboards make the tool an ally in making resource decissions. Definitively gets you the value for the money.

Cons:

No cons recorded, most of the constraints on the project were mostly associated to Trello setup.

last year

Thanks for choosing us over Tempo!

Matthew
CEO in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Everhour Rocks!

Comments: As the owner and CEO of a mid-sized service business, we migrated to the use of Asana plus Everhour about 2 years ago. Since then, our revenues from *existing clients* have gone up 30%, just because we can track and invoice for our time more consistently and accurately. We literally couldn't function without this gem of software. Everhour's development has gone through several iterations and now it's a breeze to set up, use , report and invoice from. Once your staff is trained on how to enter time, it becomes 2nd nature and the visibility it provides into your utilization and billable hours is amazing! Please feel free to ask me any questions if you are considering using it. Matthew Oates
HMP Management
[email protected]

Pros:

Easy to set up Easy to use inside of Asana Easy to report out of Fantastic visibility into key business metrics Easy to invoice out Very responsive customer support

Cons:

There are still some small things we'd like to see changed in regards to how you can report and invoice based on sub-tasks and tasks assigned to multiple projects

7 years ago

Thank you for your choice, Matthew. Your growth - is our main inspiration.

CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Love it with the ClickUp integration!

Comments: We solved not knowing how much time we were spending on each project, and which clients were profitable or unprofitable. I've used it to determine our cost to provide services and further optimize pricing for our digital agency's services.

Pros:

I love that I can dial down to exactly how much time we spend on each project, client and task. It allows me to create money or time budgets for each client per month, which is how I set it up. We need to keep our staff time to a monthly limit to ensure we're not losing money. I've been able to create time benchmarks using Everhour, which is a beautiful thing.

Cons:

Nothing to dislike. It integrates seamlessly with Asana and now Clickup.

4 years ago

Hey David, thank you so much for your detailed feedback! It inspires us to do our best for you! =)

Market Research Software, 11–50 Employees

Everhour is a must-have for our business

Pros:

Everhour is a must-have for our business- We use it to track time of all employees, to make sure we're on track with projects, and to bill clients for time used.

Cons:

Sometimes there are glitches integrating Everhour into our project management system, but it's rare.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for a wonderful review!

Karl
Karl
Web Developer in UK
, 11–50 Employees

A Game-Changer that was introduced to our company.

Comments: Ability to calculate the effectiveness of our projects and staff member profit/loss ratios. Tracking which task took too long to complete or clients who we need to increase charges for.

Pros:

Ability to have Everhour and Basecamp integrated. The option to set base cost of employees and "hourly client rate" which then calculates the profit/loss per project is amazing. The export features are great for analyzing data and workflow. Everhour has came a long way since it first began and since the first time I have used it (over 2 years ago, and hated it!). Now, that has all changed and we simply cannot live without Everhour.

Cons:

I have rated the 'Features & Functionality' section with 3 stars for the sole reason to let you know there is room for improvement. I think the permissions for individual employees which limit when they can edit time, whos time they can see are among some from top of my head. PS: Being able to deauthorize Basecamp integration would be handy rather than going the extra length to your custom support team to remove those integration (accidental setups etc).

6 years ago

Thanks for this comprehensive review, Karl!

Njeru
Senior researcher in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Invoicing and scheduling tool

Pros:

I like the great visualization tools including Gantt charts which make it easy to represent information and invoicing.

Cons:

To new users it might prove hectic and difficult to use

Melodie
Project Coordinator in Canada
E-Learning, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very nice time tracking tool

Pros:

Very easy to set up and use. I can generate different kind of reports.

Cons:

I would like to have more reminders options. Since we're working in french university, I would like to have the possibility to get the settings in french.

6 months ago

Thanks, we will think about your suggestions in the future.

hannah
Lead Client Success Guide in US

Transformed the way our business not only works but how we price our projects

Pros:

The best feature is by far the reporting. It is simple and clear to understand. It has been extremely beneficial for our team to be able and go in and see how much time was spent on client facing work and how much has been spent on meetings or administrative tasks. Having this information has increased our productivity and allowed us to see where we need to make changes in our systems and processes. We don't price per hour, but per project, so by tracking our time we see where we need to be more efficient if we want to be profitable or where we are maxing out and need to charger more.

Cons:

The Chrome extension. I like the idea of the recent tasks and just being able to click on those, but I do wish there was a way to search just in the chrome extension rather than having to open up a tab and then search for the tasks.

6 years ago

Hi Hannah, thanks for your review! We are releasing the functionality you anticipate in a couple of months:)

Jerry
Sole proprietor/Structural Steel drafting in US

I use Everhour as an add-on to Asana for project management.

Pros:

I like having the timer embedded in the task items on my Asana projects. I don't forget to click my timer now. I also like the flexibility I have in tracking whatever needs to be tracked in a specific project. No two projects are ever the same and have different requirements for time tracking. I like the total time at the top of the project page and the reports i can run at the Everhour website. The task specific time tracking I can do with Everhour has helped me in estimating similar projects and evaluating contractor performance with my estimates.

Cons:

I would like to see a total time for each section on my project page on Asana but if I have a critical need for this (such as a project revision) I can track the revision as a separate project in Asana and then I get total time at the top of the page for the revision.

7 years ago

Thanks for your review, Jerry! By the way, you can see the total time by each section in our reports.

Maciej
Maciej
Senior Analyst / Project Manager / Engagement Manager in Canada
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Best time tracking for Asana users

Pros:

Integration with Asana is seamless -- it looks and feels like it's always just part of Asana. Easy to add and edit time. The reports are also excellent in terms of customizability.

Cons:

Time needs to be tracked at the task level (in many use cases, it would be sufficient to track time at the project level). Asana tasks need to be inside projects (can't track ad-hoc things easily). There is a Slack integration but it's not very useful -- it's only for reporting, not tracking time.

6 years ago

Thanks you for this review Maciej, where you indicated our drawbacks objectively.

Roman
Developer in Ukraine
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Good tool for money

Pros:

Trello integration, easy to use, chrome plugin

Cons:

Missing 'Submit' feature, but it was delivered recently as far as I remember

5 years ago

Hi Roman, great to hear you like our product!