Filecamp Reviews

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Filecamp

Digital Asset Management & Media Library software in one integrated, secure and cost-effective solution. Unlimited users in all plans!

Learn more about Filecamp

Tomasz M.
Co-Owner
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2020

"Very satisfied"

Pros: Ease of use and overall look and feel: Cleam and professional.
User management.
But most of all, the customer service experience has been great!

Cons: I guess you could get cheaper options, but will you also be satisfied with customer care?

by Filecamp on 27/02/2020

Thanks Tomasz, and you are always very welcome back :)

• Reviewed on 24/02/2020
Richard B.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"Excellent Solution"

Comments: Don't have to worry - always know Filecamp will work and represent us well to our clients when we share file, etc.

Pros: Easy to use, always reliable. Price is reasonable as well

Cons: All good, there is nothing i don't like. Perhaps the most reliable software/service we use

by Filecamp on 20/03/2020

Thanks, Richard!

• Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Roshani K.
Technology & Digital Operations Director
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Great Digital Asset Management Option for a Great Price"

Comments: We were looking for a way to easily manage our photos and videos, so we can find them easily. We have Google Drive, but you can't tag photos and videos, and add other details. I also love the option of giving people a link, so they can upload images. We recently did this for an online event, and asked people to upload their selfies. Anytime we have questions, we send an email to support, and get a response right away. We also appreciate the nonprofit pricing option, which makes it affordable. I highly recommend Filecamp.

Pros: Filecamp offers a great way to manage your digital assets like photos and videos. You can easily bulk upload and tag images, so they are easy to search for. They also offer nonprofit pricing, and great customer support.

Cons: There are new features that can be added to make it even better, and their support team is open to ideas for new feature requests.

by Filecamp on 01/06/2020

Thanks Roshani :)

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Principal
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"An affordable option for file sharing that is more customizable/brandable than Google Drive"

Comments: We've just completed our free trial and will be converting to a paid account. We were unsure as to whether this solution would simply duplicate what we're doing in Google Drive, but the customization and notification features have convinced us to sign on.

Pros: I like the ability to set up branded file sharing areas for each of my clients. I also like the ability to offer different download sizes, as well as email notifications when new files are added (as far as I know, notifications are still not a feature in Google Drive, or if it is, it's nearly impossible to figure out how).

Cons: Some of the user interface features are a bit outdated. The platform would be more familiar to users (aka easier to use) if things like the "previous / next" and lightbox exit links were more in line with current trending design.

by Filecamp on 23/11/2019

Hi there,
Happy to announce that we have just improved large preview interface with previous/next arrows + better zoom-, full-screen-, and print options :)
You can follow all updates here: https://filecamp.com/release-notes/

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Hiran T.
Mechanical Engineer
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2021

"A formal file and media sharing tool for an enterprise."

Pros: A formal sharing tool the user can upload, manage and share the file with the other file camp users. It's a simple, quick and easy cloud storage solution. The user can create a folder and upload the folders which keep the information organized. The user can add a description to the file so that other users get the information about the file. The user can use tags to the file which help to find a particular file quickly. The user can download the original uploaded file with lower resolution files. The file camp allows the enterprise to add its company branding and titling. The user can set a custom theme for the user interface. The application is available in Android, Windows, Mac and website version.

Cons: The subscription plan is pricey for small enterprises, would have introduced custom subscription plans. In-person, webinar training support is not available. Customer support should improve the response time and resolution of the issues. The user interface should improve the simplification of the options.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2021
Ashley H.
Marketing Manager
Machinery, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2020

"Filecamp is our media library"

Comments: Being able, to brand, control users and share files via link has made things much easier for our sales staff and for uploading content to our distribution channels. Working with larger vendors who need a huge amount of product artwork for their online catalogs, love that I can send them their own library of content.

Pros: We previously used Dropbox but it became a file wasteland with difficult to find files. For Media Files Filecamp and the ability to see thumbnails was a huge improvement.

Cons: I would like to be able to have a navigation that could mimic our current website and/or integrate into Wordpress. I think finding items is tricky for users not familiar with clicking around to find things.

by Filecamp on 22/04/2020

Thanks Ashley! More integration options are on the roadmap.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2020
Ryan N.
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2019

"I did my research, and this is the best DAM for your money"

Comments: It's been great - I've had to reach out to customer service with questions a few times, and each time I received a timely response back from the co-founder himself.

Pros: Ease-of-use is a big one - for me, having a capable software with many features is important but also being able to quickly find something / upload new files is just as important, and Filecamp has figured that process out.

Cons: Honestly, I don't have a complaint. I work in a field that is historically not tech-savvy, so the only issue I've had is getting people to utilize the software vs. asking me to do it for them. This has nothing to do with Filecamp, just human nature.

Thanks Ryan!

• Reviewed on 05/11/2019
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2018

"Clean Interface and Affordable Storage Solution"

Comments: Store your media nad files AND manage your workflow. This makes it easy for clients to share data with you.

Pros: Great for both busness or personal use. Simple and clean interface for storage, file sharing and branding. Unlimited users and bandwith for access. Upgrade to take advantage of the white labeling solutions.

Cons: There are more affordable cloud storage solutions. But few this user friendly and easy to navigate and use.

Thanks!

• Reviewed on 07/09/2018
Peter H.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2014

"File sharing and collaboration for creative - at its best!"

Comments: We have been using Filecamp for a couple of years and it is a fully integrated part of our daily life, sharing files and collaborating with our clients.
We (and our clients) love the feature where we can add custom branding to sub folders inside our account. And their Online Proofing tools are simple enough so that even non tech clients are adding comments and markers on pdf files right away. Only downside is that it's still lacking Sync tools, but the guys from Filecamp has promised that it's on the way.

Thank you, Peter!

• Reviewed on 10/03/2014
Rafal K.
Product Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2020

"Reliable media library software"

Pros: I value most how easy to use the software is. Also, it's really convenient when it comes to sharing files both inside and outside our organization which was most important to me.

Cons: I have no comment on this part. Features work well.

Thanks Rafal

• Reviewed on 07/08/2020
Gemma H.
Client Admin manager
Music, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"A good entry level file sharing solution that is only a few tweaks away from being excellent."

Comments: The tweaks described above haven't had a huge impact on what we use it for, which is sending out statements to clients and hosting a holding place for any and all historic documents we've sent to them. The alternative is to send out these files one by one by email. Customer service and support have been speedy and very helpful.

Pros: It's a clean, easy to customise site that looks impressive to the client, and does the basics perfectly.

Cons: the clean interface is sometimes a little too clean - a little more assurance via a big 'action saved'! box can be very helpful. There are some features, such as the sharing options, that are confusing to start with but once you learn how it functions they make sense. Some fine-tuning of the user experience would help this. There are also occasional, minor bugs or slow reaction times from the site.

by Filecamp on 22/04/2020

Thanks, Gemma :) And I can assure you that we are doing all we can to make those few tweaks in future updates.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Jane M.
Marketing Executive
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2020

"Just what we needed"

Comments: Great! Helpful team and great software

Pros: After searching through many different softwares and realising that they did not have the features that we needed, we found Filecamp. It was just what we needed and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was quick and helpful in replying to emails and helping us get set up.

Cons: So far there is not anything. The team are very willing to accept feedback and consider new features and so not really any cons at the moment.

by Filecamp on 17/06/2020

Thanks, Jane

• Reviewed on 08/06/2020
Ben M.
Digital Sales Coordinator
Consumer Electronics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2020

"Intuitive and Well Structured!"

Comments: It has never been easier to coordinate our assets with our clients, making it easy to access and change/evolve as and when we need.

Pros: The ability to create and manage multiple folder structures and search within them with ease. Granting access to users is highly specified which is fantastic for the purposes we use the software for. The sheer diversity of content that can be stored is a huge plus.

Cons: The only feature I would optimise would be the search function. Oftentimes, searches bring back content that is not related, or superfluous.

by Filecamp on 20/03/2020

Thanks, you can refine and filter the search results by using Boolean search operators: https://filecamp.com/support/boolean-search/

• Reviewed on 17/03/2020
Roberto M.
Photographer/Videographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Excellent DAM Solution at Affordable Price"

Comments: Five stars in all senses. Really wish them the best

Pros: It has all features as super expensive options out there. I would have loved to stay with them but my project was FotosDCuba and because of the US Embargo, Cuban photographers cannot access the site. Their team worked hard to try and solve the issues. Their Customer Service is Five Stars Plus. No issues in getting a refund. I really wish them the best.

Cons: I didn't have the chance of finding negative. I would mention the little storage but I understand (If you think of the pricing is not bad at all)

by Filecamp on 19/12/2019

Thanks Roberto. And yes, we are also sorry about the US/Cuba embargo and hope things will loosen up soon.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Lucas B.
Art Director
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2020

"Amazing Tool"

Pros: It is a great solution to share and manage files for my costumers. In addition the customisation possibilities it's awesome to create a branded experience to clients.

Cons: User interface could be more friendly and be improved.

by Filecamp on 01/10/2020

Thanks Lucas. Stay tuned ... a UI/UX update will be released within a few weeks.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2020
Julie H.
Principal
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2021

"Great small business solution"

Comments: My client has multiple users with different levels of permission. Filecamp is great because I can set up each group of people with their own access. I also love the ability to apply an expiration date because with this client, I need to keep things current. I also appreciate the ability to tag a search, which is really helpful when you have hundreds of assets.

Pros: I like that it's super easy to set up and very affordable, while solving 90% of my asset management issues.

Cons: I don't like that I have to upload files and then go back, find them, and add things like expiration date. It would be nice if I could do all that when I upload. I also have not found a "select all" option to apply the same information to multiple assets.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2021
Anna O.
Head of Growth
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"A perfect media and file management tool"

Pros: This is a great tool to store, share, and work with all formats of files (documents, presentations, images). Design is user friendly and easy to use. Having files organized and accessible from one place will greatly improve your company’s operations. Keywords and tags function make search and discovery files easier and faster. What is important, they provide 24/7 secure system for your data.

Cons: I miss drag and drop option, but this it's not a disadvantage, that would be an improvement

by Filecamp on 22/07/2020

Thanks Anna

• Reviewed on 20/07/2020
Filiep H.
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2020

"Nice product - easy to use and good amount of features"

Comments: We have a good tool to deliver and storage our end products towards and for our customers.

Pros: It is simple, not too much features. Nu useless features.

Cons: The interfaces is not always easy to handle / understand

by Filecamp on 01/10/2020

Thanks, Filiep. It's actually a secret, but we are working on a UI/UX update now, that will make many things more intuitive.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2020
Melinda V.
Graphic Designer
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2020

"Great product!"

Pros: Filecamp was extremely easy to set up and has a very intuitive design. It's simple and effective for organizing images and files to easily share with my team.

Cons: I wish it were easier to use the search tool to find images based off the file name vs. tags. I fully plan to tag each image but that is a long process for the number of images we have so in the interim being able to search by file name would be easier.

by Filecamp on 24/04/2020

Thanks for the feedback, Melinda! We'll see if we can refine the search tool in future updates.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2020
Paul C.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2020

"Fantastic tool for our business"

Pros: It is very flexible with many features I never thought I even needed.

Cons: There are few issues I have found withe the software, however I would like it, when I am uploading new files for the ability to just drag and drop anywhere rather than have to open a dialogue box to do so. Not a biggie, but would make workflow a lot faster.

by Filecamp on 25/03/2020

Thanks a lot! Easier drag and drop upload is already on the roadmap and will be implemented soon.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2020
Szana M.
Broker
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2020

"Great DAM software! Supersedes dropbox by FAR!"

Pros: I love the ease of setup and use. Great product! Very intuitive. Blows dropbox out of the water!

Cons: No negative feedback

by Filecamp on 01/10/2020

Thanks for the kind words, Szana!

• Reviewed on 24/09/2020
Betsy H.
Senior Design Production Manager
Market Research Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2020

"Great File Manager for the money"

Comments: This is a great repository for all our image files. We can categorize based on project type and image styles, etc. The customer service is EXCEPTIONAL. When I have had a question (big or small), I have gotten an immediate response...literally within a few minutes...and it is always a very detailed, helpful answer.

Pros: I appreciate the ease of use, both in setting up the platform for my company and the interface/search capabilities for our users. Now our staff can locate image files on their own. It is helpful too, that we can add to our storage limits on the fly if needed.

Cons: The uploading and tagging is a bit clunky...but it has already been improved since we started using FileCamp, and is easier than before.

by Filecamp on 15/07/2020

Thanks a lot, Betsy. Great to have you on board.

• Reviewed on 06/07/2020
Andy T.
Director Of Communications
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Non-profits, you search stops here!"

Comments: I'm still fairly new to it, but it is very intuitive, and I love the ability to white page it to match our branding.

Pros: Filecamp has helped us in 3 key ways:
1. It has filled the gap as our Digital Asset Management solution
2. It provides a way to receive incoming file from our team of global volunteer team members.
3. It is well priced and not out of reach for a small non-profit yet will grow with us.

Cons: I'd love more flexibility on the image upload information input fields.

by Filecamp on 23/07/2020

Thanks, Andy. Great to have you on board!

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Michael P.
National Sales Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2020

"Better than Dropbox for B2B File Sharing"

Comments: Filecamp has been wonderful for us. We use it primarily as a Dealer Portal for companies that sell our heaters. They can easily access marketing materials, forms, images, logos, and so much more. It's worked extremely well for our Dealers and has accomplished exactly what we were looking for that gave a much more seamless look and feel with our website rather than sending people to a separate file program that does not look professional.

Pros: I like that I have much more control over the user's experience than something like Dropbox. I can change color schemes with different logos with various templates and change the look of folders and much more. Having the ability to make pages like a web page is also very helpful. We also love the fact that it can be used as a subdomain so user's get a seamless experience with our website and domain name. It's also extremely fast to add a new user as almost all of our users require the same capabilities and the copy method as saved us a good amount of time.

Cons: The only item I wish Filecamp would be capable of is to send emails to individual users with updates made in the system or an email update to all users.

by Filecamp on 15/12/2020

Thanks Michael. And we have noted your feedback about an "Email user"/"Email All Users" option.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2020
Michael S.
Director of Research
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2020

"Only File Sharing Service That Does What We Want"

Comments: this is the only service that we could find that does what we wanted. they perfectly fit our need. Also, they are a great company. As we were awaiting their upgrade for much longer than originally anticipated, they gave us their service FOR FREE for like 6 or 8 months. Now that is great service.

Pros: Love that you can customize thumbnails for folders. Feels very customized to users, which is exactly what we wanted. this was the only service that did what we wanted (custom thumbnails, white labeling, etc.)

Cons: I wish the interface was a little bit more elegant. Also, I wish they give more storage for the price we pay. Finally, I wish they had an app for mobile.

by Filecamp on 15/06/2020

Thanks for sticking with us, Michael :)

• Reviewed on 09/06/2020