15 years helping Emirati businesses

About Brandfolder

Brandfolder is the industry-leading, most intuitive Digital Asset Management platform

Learn more about Brandfolder

Pros:

Integration went very easily. User friendly interface, access from anywhere.

Cons:

Also there’s no mobile app or watermarking feature which really makes working with this program difficult.

Brandfolder ratings

4.5
4.7
4.5
4.6

8.8/10

Brandfolder has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 442 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Brandfolder before?

Ali
Ali
Information Technology Adviser in Azerbaijan
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Single source and easy way to managing all digital assets

Comments: All content and files related to our brand are in one place available to our team and business partners, and with intelligent image and file search systems, let's imagine you have Google Images in control of your files. The ability to share files and determine the level of access is very useful, and it is possible to use the files in all applications and Softwares that we use daily, both offline and online. Superb Cloud-based Digital Asset Management platform with great integration without the learning need, because it’s super easy to use.

Pros:

The ability to search for images and select similar photo works very smartly and excellent. Also, file sharing is useful for our team with the possibility of creating an access level, and the ability to use files in all tools, platforms, and software works great for us, this is superb integration capability when you are at real project understanding how it’s useful in reality.

Cons:

The structure of folders and tags can be more intelligent than a method with artificial intelligence and logic, and currently does not match the other features of a cloud-based platform, and may require a more modern design. There are many ideas for managing smart tags and smart folders that I am sure the Brandfolder development team will achieve in the future.

Robin
Senior Graphic Designer in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Review from the pizza industry

Comments: My overall experience with Brand Folder has been great! We use it for two of our brands and everyone in-house is happy with it. We cut email management down a ton with franchisees going to Brand Folder first as a reference. Saves me ton of time packing and sending files to print vs. other products with very long upload times. Ease of use is huge for our group of users and we have no complaints about Brand Folder.

Pros:

This product works perfect for us both in house and for our franchises. Helps me cut email management time back and forth down a ton. Great resource for franchises and vendors to visit first before taking up more time in-house. The ease of use goes unmatched by other software.

Cons:

Wish our users could get auto generated updated when new items are available. Right now I create an email for them every quarter but I am always uploading new material.

Todd
Sales Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees

Did not deliver on pitch

Comments: We are now several months into our role out and very frustrated. We spent time in the demo enviroment to ensure we had the capabilities required. Now that we are in our live environment we keep trying to follow our SOP and find that features demo'd were not included. Each step we take feels like we encounter a road block.

Pros:

I like the search capability, clean design, and unlimited free guest users.

Cons:

Cumbersome pricing and confusing demo sales practice. What we demoed was not what we got.

Dustin
Director of Brand & Creative in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Brandfolder has been a game-changer in forwarding our goal of brand alignment.

Comments: As mentioned above, as our organization has grown to ~500 employees worldwide, brand alignment has become increasingly challenging. Brandfolder has allowed our team at HQ to disseminate on-brand materials quickly and efficiently to not just Marketing teams around the world, but to every employee. It has been hugely successful overall and after six months we have barely scratched the surface with its potential.

Pros:

First off, the sales and set-up process was top notch. The team at Brandfolder was super attentive and patient with us from the get-go. They were the clear standout in that regard compared to other DAM platforms we considered. Set up was a breeze. I was the lead admin to implement and organize our Brandfolder structure and I never really ran into any trouble figuring things out. The tagging system was very intuitive and the instructions sent by the Brandfolder team were very clear. Prior to implementing Brandfolder, my colleagues and I at HQ would get inundated with photo and resource requests. Since launching Brandfolder, we very rarely get those requests and usually now when we do, we just say "it's on Brandfolder". Making out teams self-sufficient has been a huge time saver and has forwarded our goals of brand alignment worldwide.

Cons:

There are certain features we need that seem obvious to our team that do no exist. The Brandfolder team is very responsive to feedback and are constantly releasing new features, but one of our main gripes has not been implemented yet. I would also argue that the Brandguide feature leaves a lot to be desired. That was the one area I felt was a bit clunky to use and had a lot of back and forth with the Brandfolder team.

Liza
Marketing and Communications Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Brandfolder has changed the way our organization works

Comments: Brandfolder has helped us unify our global brand across 30+ markets. It has made sharing resources and updated materials seamless, whereas before rolling out these changes to nearly 500 staff across the world required extensive communication. It has saved my team, our central marketing team, a huge amount of work.

Pros:

Brandfolder has allowed us to seamlessly manage a global brand across 30+ markets, and ensure that everyone both on marketing teams, and throughout our entire organization, is using the most up to date materials and can access essential resources and photos, all managed centrally by our team. It has truly been a game changer for us. The Brandfolder team was great in helping us migrate our assets from dropbox and organize them on the new platform. They're also extremely responsive to feedback. Onboarding our team here was easy, thanks to a user friendly interface. Really can't say enough good things.

Cons:

I really don't have anything negative to say about Brandfolder. We have been using it for a little less than a year now, and every time our team has hit a snag, the Brandfolder team has come through with a solution. The only use case that has been a little bit of an obstacle for us is with photo crediting. We use the platform to store many event photos, and there isn't a super seamless way to make sure that the photo credits are integrated into the actual photo files themselves.

Stefanie
Marketing Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: It is a easy to use and implement system. They are very helpful and willing to help put together training for your employees. They answer questions and resolve issues very quickly, if not the same day. The system is easy to use and can support all file formats we have needed.

Pros:

This product is much easier to use than our old system. We love the search and filter feature! Our franchise system rarely used our old system due to the lacking search feature. With Brandfolder we were able to limit the folders and sub-folders and focus on the search and filter tools.

Cons:

We have a few glitches with the templating feature a few months after we sent it out to out franchise system. It only affected a few of our franchisees, but it didn't look good with our system. Brandfolder started working on the issue right away and everything was up and working that same day.

Adam
Marketing Manager in UK
Machinery, 51–200 Employees

Classeq and Brandfolder

Comments: We use Brandfolder to share with a large network of distributors, plus international subsidiaries and other internal stakeholders - A great way to have everything in one place.

Pros:

1) Really simple to use and requires next to no training when giving our distributors access to assets. 2) Ability to embed assets on website - reducing the time required to update multiple CMS systems 3) Pins - Great way of showing all assets for products

Cons:

We use this for multiple brands - the only improvement i could think of at this stage is if you could create a collection that was fed from the different brands. So that when we are pitching with combined brands we can have a collection that is specific to that client.

Jessica
Jessica
Game Programmer in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Makes it easy to share files with co-workers and clients

Comments: The lockout imposed by covid prompted us to shift our focus to remote consultation. Using Brandfolder, we were able to give our customers big files quickly and easily. Using the Guest Uploads functionality, we can aggregate assets from our network so that we may all benefit from their contributions. Using this tool, our partners may upload huge files without having to send them over email.

Pros:

The ability to tag assets makes them more discoverable, and that's something I'd want to see more of. In addition, I like the ease with which I can share any Brandfolder item with another user without them having to form an account. If you're looking for a tool that's straightforward to learn and use, this is the one. Sharing files with clients and coworkers has never been easier.

Cons:

I can honestly say that Brandfolder has no drawbacks for me. Brandfolder has never let me down, and I've never had any issues with it in the past.

Jean-Paul
Senior Product Marketing Manager in US
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Exactly What My Team & Company Needed

Comments: Having a single-source of truth has quickly made an impact on our team's productivity. Having all types of content that our Sales team can access and locate has improved their productivity as well.

Pros:

We needed a digital asset management tool that was easy to deploy, could be integrated into our workflow with ease, grow with us, and was intuitive to use as we would open it up to all internal employees...Brandfolder checked all these boxes.

Cons:

Brandfolder does integrate into many of the most popular tools like Slack and Salesforce which was one of the reasons we went them. However, some aspects of the integration into Slack could be developed further (which I think is on their roadmap).

Rebecca
Rebecca
Digital Strategy Manager in US
Online Media, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Modern Interface with an Excellent Pricing Model

Comments: The have great customer support, the setup was pretty quick and it's easy to make mass edits.

Pros:

I really liked the easy to use interface and the unlimited guest users. Those were two key points during our decision making.

Cons:

I would love for users to be able to send a shareable link of their personal boards and the personalized template piece saved to their personal board as well. I think that would be very helpful for sales.

Carly
Marketing Manager in US
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Perfect Platform for Brand Portal

Comments: The overall experience with Brandfodler was great from start to finish. It met the needs that we had and our employees use it very often.

Pros:

Brandfolder is a very easy-to-use and customizable platform that was perfect for creating our company's brand portal. Following the merger and re-brand of our company, we wanted to create a brand portal is to centralize all digital assets, and having an efficient system to manage them is paramount to maximize productivity. As all digital assets are controlled in one place, we can be confident that off-brand or out-of-date assets are no longer available to employees. After reviewing other platforms, we decided to choose Brandfolder as our digital asset hub given the customization, security, and permission levels. The onboarding team and support were super helpful every step of the way and ensured that we were ready to have a successful launch for our employees. The program is very intuitive and our employees were able to set up their account and use the platform without and training. Features we liked the most: Super customizable to the brand (logos, colors, fonts, etc.) Brand guidelines (set up in the system which links from the Collection) User rights (different teams can see different assets) Vanity URL (custom to our brand) Insights & analytics (easy reporting, can see which assets are being viewed/downloaded the most)

Cons:

The brand guidelines were one of our favorite features, however, it was not the easiest to design. While there are templates to use and plug and play, we wanted ours to be highly designed to match our brand. To do so, CSS coding is needed. The support team was great in sharing some code ideas from other brand guidelines they have seen. The coding was fairly easy to learn and we were very happy with the end product.

Christopher
Christopher
Senior Art Director in US
Telecommunications, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Brandfolder Data Asset Management

Comments: I have been involved in Brandfolder since we started using it at my company. We have a large number of assets including logos, images, collateral, tradeshow displays, videos, etc that we need to share with our global marketing team, sales team, other employees as well as our business partners, distributors, etc. Brandfolder has been a game changer for us for this reason. The templating feature allows users to self serve by filling in information and exporting pdfs. This is a great feature when it comes to business cards, customizing call to actions on Ads, etc.

Pros:

I really enjoy the visual nature of Brandfolder. It is easy to navigate and review files that are in system. I really like the group tagging and pin tagging features. I can pin tag selected items for a campaign, pin tag it at the top of the page and viewers can select the tag and view all of the items without having to plug in search terms. The new feature of being able to crop images and export to a specific pixel dimension is a game changer for us. It allows users to self serve without having to back to a designer to edit.

Cons:

Brandfolder has a great insights tool that allows you to see what the most popular items that being downloaded. To get a deeper view of my data, I currently need to have my rep send me an excel sheet. I would like to be able to self serve that data from the insights are on Brandfolder.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 201–500 Employees

Super robust for asset management

Pros:

There are so many features to take advantage of within Brandfolder - importing from multiple services, sort in multiple ways, photo info, video embedding, tags, etc. There are a lot of ways you can customize it for what you need.

Cons:

So many features, it's a little difficult or confusing on how to implement at the beginning. Their team is super helpful though.

Stephanie
Marketing Programs Lead in US
Food & Beverages, 201–500 Employees

User-friendly intuitive online storage

Comments: Great! Highly recommend this tool.

Pros:

Very user-friendly interface that's intuitive to use. The visual organization, secure file sharing capabilities, tagging and meta data is very helpful.

Cons:

Upload time or download time can be a little slow (this could be my network issue?), and sometimes we max out of space.

Myra
Marketing Manager in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Incredible Time Saver

Comments: It's been really great and has saved us a lot of time.

Pros:

Brandfolder's sharing function has saved us so much time. We often have partners ask for specific shots and Brandfolder's features allow us to carefully select and tailor choices to easily send to our partners. It's been a great tool for organizing, searching, and sharing. The tag function has been an absolute lifesaver.

Cons:

I don't love the automatic tags, but I get that the intentions there are pure and trying to help. I wish there was a way to turn off the auto-tags, so if there is — let me know!

Hannah
Senior Recruiting Programs Analyst in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Your Brand Locked in One Organized Folder

Pros:

Brandfolder is an application that remains as an open tab in my browser. My company has 4 different folders that houses digital assets to be used internally, an internal brand guideline, externally/publicly facing assets, and then co-branding guidelines for partners. This level of organization makes it seamless for me to find the appropriate brand collateral that I need in my role. My company also went through a rebrand a few months ago and our Marketing Team had everything uploaded in Bradnfolder and ready to be downloaded that day. I couldn’t imagine re-launching a brand without having this platform!

Cons:

Since I am not a member of the team that manages the platform, I can’t say matter of fact that we utilize all Brandfolder has to offer; however, from a user-experience, I wish we could connect our personal social information to the platform so if it’s something we wanted to share, we could push it directly from Brandfolder vs. having to download it and share externally.

Kirk
Digital Communications Manager in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Brandfolder fan

Pros:

I researched, selected, and launched Brandfolder with the past 2 organizations I've been with and it has been amazing. The ease of setup, prompt customer service, and easy user interface make this a wonderful platform.

Cons:

Not much to dislike. I think they have done a great job updating and adjusting to feedback.

Craig
Technology Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Solid Platform

Comments: Working with these guys has been super easy and it's worked out very well for us. We have a central repository now for all our brand images and can access them in any variation for whatever application we need (mobile app, web site, etc.) We have had no problems since the beginning

Pros:

Ease of implementation and responsiveness of our tech team are excellent. Technical team is open to out suggestions and works with us to help get what we need

Cons:

At this point there's nothing although some of the images could be smaller for faster load on our app. But they are working with us on that and I don't imagine we'll get that sorted in too long a time.

Mona
Art Director in US

Great Investment for a Long Term Solution

Comments: My overall experience has been excellent. Support via email, call and chat have been excellent. Response time from our personal account rep has always been timely and accommodating. Our relationship is one if joint problem solving. Exactly what we needed.

Pros:

The software was designed with flexibility and granular control. The ability to edit, access, and manipulate assets have the end user as well as the admin in mind.

Cons:

Because there are so many features, some options are not as intuitive to locate. A few features minor features I assumed were available were not. However, anything that you need functionality for can be addressed by your personal account rep.

Caitlin
Regional Marketing Specialist in US
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Brandfolder for Collaboration

Comments: Brandfolder has been great for collaboration. It's a great way to share content and resources with our partners and team members in one central location. It's made things very accessible and organized and help makes our teams more self sufficient which in return saves time and makes us more efficient overall.

Pros:

I like the ease of use. It's incredibly easy to organize things in a way that are easy to find. We are able to tag things that make it incredibly easily searchable which has been a huge time saver.

Cons:

I have had a few issues with getting things uploaded with videos. When they've been uploaded sometimes they won't upload in the correct MP4 section and I haven't quite been able to figure out what I'm doing incorrectly with that.

Wyatt
Designer in US
Consumer Goods, 201–500 Employees

Brandfolder DAM is great, visual

Comments: This tool is saving me tons of time in distributing assets to partners.

Pros:

Visual interface! The fact that my partners can see what they are downloading before they download it. I enjoy the Section and Tag sorting because now we are not beholden to one folder structure syntax. Search bar is another huge plus.

Cons:

I wish that assets with attachments had a way of communicating that better. My partners with low technical acumen are often not sure about what resides in an asset. I also wish the 'Download options' feature was the primary download button. I often upload print files that are overkill for simple presentation decks and fear that my partners are downloading these large print files.

Shane
Principal in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Simple way to manage digital assets

Comments: We have a large sales organization spread across multiple offices around the world. We needed a simple way to make finding the right asset or piece of collateral while maintaining brand standards and ensuring the information is up to date.
Brandfolder helped with all f this, and their account and support team are great. Always helpful.

Pros:

Great product support. They have folks available to help you get started with best practices, plus they check in enough to make sure things are going well. If you have a question they can't answer or is afterhours, they'll get back to you quick enough. Might be a day or so, but they always get back to you.

Cons:

There are some functions I think could be tweaked. I also wish they included "insights" for free as metrics are an important part of DAM. But they charge a fee for the add-on. Minor issues though.

Katherine
UI/UX Analyst in US
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

The Place for Our Content Material

Comments: Overall, is a pretty satisfying experience, it does the primary job which is hub an enormous amount of files and the ability to categorize, manage and share them as needed.

Pros:

It’s a user-friendly collaborative platform that perfectly holds different types of content an format, that the marketing, creative, and e-commerce team uses for different purposes.

Cons:

I like pretty much all the features of the platform, but it would be nice if you could sync some files with instant messaging work platform like Teams or Slack so that way you don't have to select files and share as a link, just send the file instead.

Sarah
Director of Marketing in US
Furniture, 51–200 Employees

The DAM solution for easy access

Comments: We've had a great experience with Brandfolder. Their customer service is quick to respond and we suddenly looked like the professionals we are once we switched to their platform.

Pros:

Brandfolder is easy for users to find the images they are looking! My sales reps use it all the time to find images and send them to customers. Added bonus that we no longer have to save images as both TIFFs and JPEGs, customers can choose how they want to download.

Cons:

The biggest challenge I have is helping our older reps understand how to send links to their customers!

Prem
Prem
Freelancer in India
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

All design your brand need and manage it with less difficulties

Comments: I feel it is the best design integration needed for small businesses ads startups to create and manage product images, docs with the team

Pros:

It has a wide range of designs for brands for cards, posts, ilustations prebuild or build by team. Share it acrross the team members with versions of editing. No need to download and share just add a team member with related access to sharing. Adobe, slack, figma and more aaps are integrating inside it so no more time wastage in moving file between all this apps. Connect it with wordpress to engage with customers. So best in Digital asset management.

Cons:

It needs email sign up, so please make google sign up available. Also Plans are not specific