• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.4 /5

About Front

Front is the first shared inbox that helps teams collaborate around every email with more transparency, accountability, and efficiency.

Learn more about Front

Team Manager
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2021

"Collaboration Function"

Comments: Overall, I really enjoy using Front on a daily basis, I have clear visibility on my communication with my customers and my team's interactions also.

Pros: I love that we all have access to see communication between our customers and our sales representatives. Everything is documented and in easy access. There is no way you can miss any important details in a sales process.

Cons: At times, Front may take a while to send me a notification when I have received an update from a customer.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2021
Director of Customer Success
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Great aggregator tool for Customer Success"

Comments: I lead a customer success team that uses Front daily.

Pros: I love the ability to interact with all our support tools - phone, email, chat from intercom, while interacting with our full team (support team of 5). We stay connected on each user, and can easily run reports and track year over year metrics. We especially like the ability to chat back and forth before we respond to tricky situations, and the ability to Snooze.

Cons: I would love for more integrations - specifically survey functionality, or the ability to have automation once you close out an email/chat. We have this on intercom but it lives within the intercom platform now.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Nadiv T.
Customer Service Emergency Hotline Employee
Consumer Electronics, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2020

"Front: your home base for email communication with customers"

Comments: Using Front, I am able to reach many customers on a daily basis. Front helps me solve their problems by allowing me to communicate quickly and effectively. I can't praise this software enough.

Pros: I use Front daily to communicate with customers. Overall, Front is a powerful and accessible email client with a very pleasing UI. What I like in particular is the template functionality. Templates for emails can be stored, changed at any time, and are lighting-quick to access. I also like Front's internal messaging system for writing notes to colleagues (using the @ system). This means I can leave notes for colleagues, for customer cases that require more time or team input.
Front's search functionality is also unparalleled. If my organisation has ever had any contact with a customer, I can find it using the barest of search strings. To give an example: Front will pull up alternative email adresses that customers have, by cross-referncing known information such as customer name.
Lastly, the UI uses colors that aid readability, but are also visually very pleasing.
All in all this software is critical to my daily work, and is the most pleasant and easy-to-use email client I've ever used.

Cons: I personally find very few faults or things that could be improved, that would have a direct effect on the work I do. Having said that, I find the conversation tracking function ever so slightly redundant. This is because I keep track of conversations myself, by having multiple Front tabs open. On the alternate tabs, I use search strings to keep all prior conversation with a customer open. I am aware however that this is my personal style of working, so it doesn't say much about the tracking function itself.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2020
John L.
Graphic Design Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2020

"The best email software I've used"

Comments: It's revolutionised the way we run things.
For a company that interacted with 90% of it's customers on Etsy, it was always a bit of a chore when someone wanted to email. Now with front, I would say we're 80% emails and we encourage even our Etsy customers to email us directly.

Pros: It's simplifies complex processes, breaks down your work into digestible chunks. It's intuitive, straightforward and has lots of time saving tricks and tips.

Cons: There's a couple of features that would be really handy, that I've requested a couple of times .
For example, dragging and dropping a jpeg into an email, adds it as an inline image. I would like a preference to select to have all files - regardless of format, to be added as an attachment.
I'm also unable to change my Download Location in my preferences, it simply doesn't work when I try to change this. Granted, I haven't reported this yet and I'm sure they'd be very helpful in solving this.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2020
System Engineer
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Front has allowed our company to save about a 5 to 1 ROI in time savings"

Comments: Major time savings and better organization is the key benefit we get as well as being able to build our own custom plugins.

Pros: Front allows teams to work in a more organized flow with incoming emails. One of the ways we have been able to utilize Front has been to group all emails for specific teams into Team inboxes and then team members can take emails out of the queue and work to bring the box to zero. This has saved us a lot of time from trying to organize emails in outlook. The main selling feature for us however was the ability to create a custom plugin in the panel on the right as well as pull data from the current conversation from the Front API that is well built. This allows us to customize our flow. Front also has several default integrations some more useful than others. They seem to be growing at a large pace so you can expect to see major enhancements with the product in the future.

Cons: The price can be a little high per user and the Enterprise version doesn't seem to offer the kinds of benefits you would want to see for such a large price jump. There also seem to be some features on enterprise that feel like they should be one tier down like user roles and authorization.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Donald M.
Customer Service Volunteer
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"Great for our case tracking needs"

Comments: Front makes it easy to use email as a primary mode of communication with customers. It’s very easy to sort and reassign cases, have internal discussions on cases, and quickly respond to and close some cases using canned responses.

Pros: Cases are created directly from new emails that come in. For customers, it’s as easy as sending emails back and forth with us, but as agents using Front, we get so much more functionality. Things like canned responses, automatic case sorting and assigning, internal threaded discussions on individual cases, and integrations with third-party tools make Front almost the perfect choice for what we were looking for.

Cons: As a user and not an admin, I am not exposed to the full extent of Front’s capabilities, but I am completely satisfied with what I do use. The only issue I’ve had thus far is when I use a canned response it contains three different fonts and just looks odd. This is only evident in the iPad app, but from Desktop they look fine. This was an issue in the way the canned response was created, and while even as a user I do have the ability to fix it, my first attempt failed. This may just be a training issue and I haven’t reached out to Front with help on it yet, but I know if and when I do I will receive excellent service based on others’ interactions with Front’s customer service.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2020
Sione N.
Customer Success Manager
Higher Education Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2020

"Front Review"

Comments: Overall, it's been a great experience with Front. I appreciate the regular communication made by the Front team via email or update notices within the app.

Pros: Front is a great option for teams that work closely with/share the same clients. That's our primary reason for purchasing Front, the ability to tag teammates on emails and have dialogue about situations, how to respond to a particular email, etc. I also love the UI, to me it's much more clean and open in comparison to gmail, what we used before Front.

Cons: From day 1 I've wanted to see development of folders for organizational purposes when archiving emails (not a fan of pinning, but I understand others may love it). I've also hoped for most robust developments with sequencing, it's stay pretty much the same since I started using the feature a few years ago.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2020
Senior Editor
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2018

"Making Working Remotely Easier"

Pros: I work remotely, as does the rest of the team I belong to, and using Front to coordinate client emails is essential to presenting a united front in terms of responses and feedback. The ability to tag, comment and reassign is especially helpful in providing clients with a consistent and uniform voice when answering.

Cons: If I had something that I like least about Front, it is the problems that can arise from someone re-opening an already archived email. It can cause the email to show up in the inbox of the individual who archived it and nothing can be done with it, and it is a pain to make it re-archive.

by Front on 31/01/2019

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on archive. Our product development team is continuously working on improvements there.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Whitney C.
Reservations Specialist
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2020

"Easy to use, easy to communicate"

Comments: I really do think it's great.

Pros: Front App is so user friendly. It just looks nice and so I don't mind spending 6 - 8 hours a day using the software. That's just a bonus on top of how easy it is to communicate in-house with the software. We are a small team, who suddenly started working remotely during the Covid-19 pandemic. It has been so easy to adapt our usual in office communication to communication within front. We can pull other members in with a quick @ mention, share drafts, work in inboxes together, and organize our various folders/inboxes.

Cons: The shared-with-me option can sometimes be overwhelming because suddenly EVERYTHING is shared. However, this could also be a setting thing & a personal preference.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2020
Amity C.
Executive Assistant
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Making inbox management easy"

Comments: I am very happy to have discovered Front App, working with some clients. It makes collaboration so easy even though executive and assistant are miles apart. It's a wonderful tool for distributed teams.

Pros: As an assistant, I help my executive write a lot of mails on a daily basis. Front App enables me to create drafts super easily. My executive can give me context by writing a comment under a mail or can simply assign an email to me and I will know what to do.
We also use Front App for her to assign me tasks. We have set up a rule where emails are sent to my withdouble.com dashboard, creating tasks in my to-do list.

Cons: It was not intuitive for me to set up the afore-mentioned rules but support was helpful and efficient.
Also, I would like to send emails on behalf of my executive but even though I have access to her inbox, I can only prepare drafts for her and send from my own email address.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Director of eCommerce and Marketing
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"Great Collaboration Tool but Highly Non-Customizable and Expensive"

Comments: After a year of using it, the software has definitely shown that if you're not collaborating on emails, you've been missing out. BUT, the lack of flexibility in the software has me searching out other options for an email client.

Pros: This software makes it easy to collaborate on emails, gives staff accountability, has fair audit features, and if you pay enough money, the ability to create additional roles is also pretty nice.

Cons: No built-in spam filtering. Have to use your own email provider for that. Extras like additional roles and the ability to separate teams is too expensive. The software can't be customized aside from creating rules, which don't always cover what you needed done.

by Front on 31/01/2019

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We're sorry to hear we haven't completely met your needs. We are in the midst of re-evaluating our pricing so hopefully you can reconsider us again soon.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2018
Neven Z.
Loan Ranger Goalie
Financial Services Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"my review"

Pros: I like that it pulls so many accounts into one area and lets myself and coworkers manage and send emails as a team from one box but also allows us to work individually. It really comes in handy to be able to assign emails to people and not have to forward and some how mark them to help stay organized.

Cons: The forwarding feature somehow got way too complicated. I am not sure why or how the simple method of forwarding an email got split into so many different categories of "in this conversation" "in a new conversation" etc etc. I just want to be able to send the email to others without having issues.

by Front on 31/01/2019

Hi Neven, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on forwarding messages. We'll pass this along to our product development team.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Vivian a. H.
Associate
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2018

"It allows you to sync your email and keep your mail organized."

Comments: I can answer emails on-the-go and it allows me to sync it with my salesforce account.

Pros: The interface is very attractive in comparison with other software. I really like the option that allows you to assign emails on-the-go and the way it organizes your mail. Also, that you can add your own automated responses which makes easier your workflow when sending important emails to clients.

Cons: I think the monster faces that the software had initially were a unique characteristic that nobody else had. You should switch back to that version or add the option.
Usually, the app takes some time to load and it can be very frustrating. Seeing things load quickly, or at the very least improves the user experience.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Brazil, Central America Operations Manager
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2019

"Improvements in the past quarter"

Comments: I liked it overall; it allowed my team to use a shared inbox, and assign 'cases' to others on the team. It was efficient, and had a great built-in tagging system as well.

Pros: There have been many improvements made in the past few months; the user interface is much more streamlined, and it has fewer bugs - I rarely experience crashes with this app.

Cons: I wish it could have been better integrated with other applications such as Outlook; it would be great to have integration with other tools and software.

by Front on 31/01/2019

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Front!

• Reviewed on 10/01/2019
Ma F.
Operations Manager
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2019

"All in one messaging app!"

Comments: Almost there, I'll give it an easy 4 out of 5 stars!

Pros: Great for business owners who like to have everything in one place! With the Front app, you can send and receive emails, SMS, chat in just one place! How cool is that?! You can also integrate other apps like Hubspot and create a mini CRM within Front where you could view all your customers' profiles. This eliminates the need to purchase another software for that purpose.

Cons: It's probably because it gets clogged with a heavy amount of data that it lags frequently. Although in my experience, it has never shut down for more than 5 minutes, this is still an area of improvement.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2019
Alex K.
Account Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2020

"Front Email Platform Review"

Comments: My experience has been great - This has helped our teams much more effectively manage email traffic (both internally and externally with our clients), saving every employee time to focus on higher -level tasks and priorities.

Pros: Really helps drive effective organizational email management through a few different tools that eliminate duplicate conversations and make it simple to pull prior email conversations via the cloud

Cons: It will take some time if you are used to all of the MS Office features that come with Outlook. If you are used to gmail, it shouldn't be much of a problem to transition

• Reviewed on 01/10/2020
Wataru M.
Japanese Technical Support Associate
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"My comfortable office."

Comments: Without this email, I won't be able to handle my emails at the workplace. Oh, I forgot to mention that the "Undo send" feature saved my life few times.

Pros: Searchability of emails. And good integrity with other common tools including Slack, Trello and Asana

Cons: This is just a feature request rather than a complaint, but I can have all the conversations in an email opened by default instead of the collapsed view? This may save few hundreds of clicks per week.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2018
Customer Service Representative
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2018

"I absolutely love Truly. I've been using this software for about a few months now and it's great!"

Comments: The ability to work on shared emails and respond to emails efficiently. The ability to monitor the emails and provide QA feedback.

Pros: I love how easy it is to arrange your inboxes in an orderly way and how easy it is to respond and archive emails. It makes it look very organized - I like that you can have all company inboxes and anyone can work on an email. I like that I can mention a colleague on an email I want her/him to respond to.

Cons: I would like the option to see what my colleague is writing on a ticket that's inside a shared inbox. I think that would be a useful tool to add.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2018
Bhaskar S.
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/06/2018

"Simple and quickest way for the team communication"

Comments: It delivers a great customer experience.

Pros: 1) It's the simplest tool I have ever used.
2) Delivers a great customer experience
3) Your team members automatically get's the updates on the communication.
4)Team inbox has enabled us to be more collaborative and responsive to the customer queries.

Cons: I don't find any major issue except the pricing. I would highly recommend this product to everyone.

• Reviewed on 02/06/2018
Jennifer S.
Dispatcher
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2020

"Front User"

Pros: Being that I only utilize the email features, this is all I'm able to give my opinion on. As for this, Front is leaps and bounds ahead of any other software I've experienced. The ability to see all email threads from a specific email address is invaluable in a business like ours. You can track what all other CSR's have already said / quoted etc. The snooze feature is great and has absolutely generated business from just a simple reminder to follow up with someone. I have heard the whispers from upper management about the streamlining of reports / analytics but I'm not able to comment one way or the other on this.

Cons: Once you're "tagged" on something you are permanently attached to it. This sometimes can be an issue if all users aren't aware that anyone is able to answer a follow up email.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2020
Nicole V.
Health, Wellness & Fitness
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2015

"Awesome tool for inbox management"

Comments: Our customer support team has been using FrontApp for the past year and it's totally streamlined our inbox management. You can comment on emails before responding, assign them to various people to respond, etc. It's so much easier to assign ownership to our team, to keep things from falling through the cracks.

Pros: They have a desktop app (+ mobile & web), they support multiple channels (emails, SMS, phone calls, tweets, Facebook messages, in app messages etc.), you can easily collaborate on drafts and see responses from different team members, email templates and reminders are very handy! If you want to manage your email all in one place you can add your individual inbox as well. And their customer support is top-notch!

Cons: They don’t offer a live chat feature yet - we use Olark for that.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2015
Liz S.
Executive Assistant
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2021

"Easy to use"

Pros: It's easy to sort and assign emails among team members.

Cons: Sometimes there a slight glitches, but they usually resolve quickly.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2021
John S.
Co-founder/Developer
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2021

"Good for years now a slap in the face"

Comments: Things were going nicely for years. A few awkward changes, some downtime but we got through it and were happy. Now we've got this email with "Today, your Front account is on a custom plan. According to our records, your discounted pricing is set to expire on March 13, 2021, 00:00 UTC. At that time, you will be transitioned to our standard plan prices, and your monthly bill will change from $482 to $677." That is not a nice pricing change. Ever heard of grandfathering? You don't hit your loyal customers with some line about their pricing being a "custom" "discount" and hit the with a 40% hike. This greedy play makes me worry about the future of Front.

Pros: Easy to manage various inboxes
The UI is nice
Ties channels togeter nicely

Cons: Nasty price hike
You need to adapt to their way of doing things
Some downtime

• Reviewed on 07/03/2021
Consumer Services
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2017

"Front is great, period. Especially if you have multiple businesses"

Pros: I love that you can hook up email, text, and most other types of messaging together and answer everything from one place

Cons: I don't like the fact that it costs a good amount, but then again I am price sensitive so there you have it.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2017
Lauren P.
Content Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Front: Great app for email and collaboration"

Pros: I really like the collaboration features. You can share drafts and comments with teammates without having to forward emails back and forth or create confusing chains with multiple senders/recipients.

Cons: Not a big con, but Front has a lot of features that aren't always easy to figure out.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020