Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Front

Front is the leading customer communication hub that allows companies to offer tailor-made service at scale, across all channels.

Learn more about Front

John F.
Founder/President/CEO
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2020

"Great Software, Terrible Billing and Support Policies"

Pros: It has a number of very good features for helping teams work together for sales and support. The abilities to share, assign, comment on, snooze and resurface issues makes zero inbox possible. Keeps clutter down and focus on what is most important at the moment. We really like the 'product'.

Cons: -Front's Billing policies are absurd. If one signs up for an annual plan adding a user even if only temporarily for a day or a month while transitioning employees results in a charge for as much as a full year for that seat. -During the sales process, you will experience significant personal, real-time communications. Once the sales process is over, don't hope to EVER be able to have a real-time conversation with anybody. Regardless of the severity or complexity of the issue, the only option is email that often takes days to get a response which can be a real problem when the platform is down since it is the only way to contact them. They had a chat ability for a while but turned it off apparently because customer expectations for a timely response were too high. -Don't bother making suggestions. Although they have what appears to be a strong attitude towards involving customers, suggestions get a pat on the head and swept into a 'we'll pass that on' basket. No methods or interest to surface ideas and suggestions in a way that other end-users can expand upon or upvote/prioritize.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2020
Purchasing
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2018

"One of the worst email applications I've ever used"

Pros: The overall look of Front is simple, which is nice. The snooze function on emails. The support staff were friendly and quick to answer.

Cons: My company switched my team over to Front after a couple people who shared an inbox had issues with managing it. I didn't have a shared inbox, but struggled with the lack of functionality for just personal inboxes. There are so many missed functionalities to Front it made my job incredibly inefficient. I found myself spending more time doing my job which consists of heavy emailing because of Front problems. 1. No calendar. Cannot make appointments, set up meetings, etc. 2. Unable to edit messages in a previous thread. Say someone sends you a list of questions. You cannot just answer next to their list in the previous email and say "see below." 3. Archiving messages... when we first switched to Front, the management team used it for a few weeks to test it. When the team was instructed to switch within the next couple weeks, and BOOM thousands of emails that Front could not autoarchive. I had about 10 emails in Outlook during the switch. The front inbox had accumulated thousands over the course of the management test period. Front could only auto archive shared inboxes, not personal. I had to spend 20 minutes selecting 3000 emails to auto archive since it didn't sync correctly with Outlook. 4. Saving emails... you can't. You only have the option to send a link of the email which only works for those that also used front. 5. You cannot edit pasted tables in front, as far as formatting goes. No deletion of columns or making rows smaller. 6. No red flags or categorizing. Often I'd keep emails in Outlook and red flag them to remind myself to check on it before I leave. No flagging in Outlook. This is replaced by snoozing in Front to make it reappear later, but I do miss the flag option. 7. You archive something in someone else's inbox that they share with you... it archives in their inbox, too. 8. No options to make folders. You want to move emails to a folder to refer to later? You cannot. I could go on and on and ended up emailing a list of 18 problems after using Front for the first 3 months to management who sent to Front support. The responses were basically they hope to rollout that feature one day. Which obviously doesn't help now.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2018
Sam G.
Sam G.
Customer Success Manager
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"Makes Customer Success Simple"

Comments: We use a pooled system for our customer success team for accounts in the SMB segment, and Front is our new shared inbox system to facilitate communication between CSMs and customers

Pros: Used as a shared inbox for our customer success org and it solves so many problems. Shared inbox, Salesforce integration, and assigning tasks are some highlights

Cons: Can be difficult to implement, time consuming to create but saves time in the long run

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Nic M.
Nic M.
Director of Annual Giving & Donor Events
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2019

"A Great App for Unifying and Streamlining your Communication Workflow"

Comments: Front has a positive influence on the way I process communication because it allows me to aim for and realistically reach inbox zero. This is possible by allowing me to either respond immediately to a message, snooze it for a later reply or most importantly to me, easily delegate the message to another team member while still being able to follow the conversation. These features allow me to realistically manage multiple inboxes and ensure timely responses to all inbound communication.

Pros: Front is a beautifully designed app for managing private and team emails as well as your company's other communication channels such as chat widgets, social media platforms and even SMS through a service like Twilio. I appreciate the thoughtfulness that has guided Front's development over the years. The Front team's dedication to optimizing the app based on customer feedback is evident in each iteration, and it's great that the Front app is regularly freshened with feature updates and additions. Today's existing integrations with Front coupled with new regularly added services makes Front the perfect platform for unifying your communication workflow. One "inbox" for all your accounts is awesome!

Cons: There are a couple of pain points for me when it comes to my daily usage of Front. My chief complaint is that at this time there is not bi-directional sync of archived or permanently-deleted messages. In my case, archives and deletes in my Office 365 account are synced to Front, but when I apply the same actions in Front, they do not sync to Office 365. This behavior is annoying in the context of my personal inbox—messages acrue and clutter the inbox—but counterproductive for a shared inbox with a mix of Front and Office 365 users. The obvious solution is to move all users to Front but in my case it is not realistic to onboard our entire team at once. Front should sync all actions back to Office 365. My second and last complaint is Front's calendar: it's not as robust as it should be if it's intended to be used instead of, say, Office 365. The experience for creating timed versus all-day events is cumbersome and to my knowledge, cannot be toggled between. Additionally, there is no functionality for creating recurring events. Unfortunately, my time is currently wasted switching between Front and Office 365 for simple calendaring tasks. I am looking forward to the Front team addressing both the sync and calendaring issues in an upcoming release. These pain points are partially behind my hesitation to push Front to all team members.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2019
Christian T.
Christian T.
Director of Business Intelligence
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"Just what we needed"

Comments: Amazing. It has been so helpful for us to manage our client inboxes and emails. It has literally moved us out of gmail hell into email heaven.

Pros: Great help in setting up, Easy to maintain, transparent in billing, Great customer service, Love being able to comment internally on emails, sharing them, collaborating on drafts, and having internal discussions on emails.

Cons: It is rather expensive for our use, but still worth the money for us. When we share a link, if the email hasn't been shared with a specific individual, the link won't work for them until they have express permission.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
Tim L.
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"Starter Front User Look Elsewhere"

Comments: Prompt customer service and serves bigger & larger teams well. For start ups or employees under 5, look elsewhere like Helpwise.io, Missive.io, Loop Email, Spark Email

Pros: 1) Prompt Customer Response
2) Easy to use & setup
3) Team collaborations & chat
4) Calendar integration

Cons: 1) Limited features & zero integration for starter plans
2) Too expensive for starter plans
3) No CRM integration for starter plan
4) No API access token for starter plan

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Head of Customer Support
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Front offers unsurpassed visibility between customers and your support staff."

Comments: This software is the only command center for support that you need to fully engage with customers.

Pros: Front allows my support team to fully engage with customers and each other across platforms all within Front. We're able to see the Tweet that customer sent and if they sent multiple emails about an issue. It allows us to give their time the highest value and the highest productivity for ourselves.

Cons: Their pricing structure is limiting with cost per user and price hikes for additional features that would benefit the platform and experience for every user. Their support staff can also be slower to respond than would be expected for a support platform.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Adam S.
Director of Technology
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2019

"WOW! A must have if you work for a small business like mine"

Comments: A++

Pros: Honestly everything, this app makes our emailing system so organized and easy. Everyone is assigned emails for which location they manage. In my opinion, it's the best app out for email organization for multiple users. Easy to use and we never have had problems with it.

Cons: I can't think of any cons for this app, it does everything we need it to do. Employees that we give access learn it so quickly.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2019
Harsh G.
Business Development Manager
Renewables & Environment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"Highly recommend for anyone with team inboxes"

Comments: Overall it helps improve the productivity of our 10-member team and makes it easier to onboard new team memebrs

Pros: Access to all external conversations our team makes without being in cc/bcc is a great benefit that Front app brings.

Cons: Integration with Zoho CRM could be better. The current integration does not support custom fields and therefore not very useful.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Brittany L.
Brittany L.
Marketing Coordinator
Furniture, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2020

"Can I use Front in my personal life?"

Pros: Tagging tagging tagging- The ability to tag others in emails has been a total game-changer for us! Not having to forward emails between coworkers and being able to generally eliminate long drawn-out email chains is a huge time-saver and makes the entire email experience so much more enjoyable and efficient.

Cons: The search functionality is definitely something that could be improved upon.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2020
Mary elise J.
Venue Manager
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2020

"Front will Maximize your Collaboration"

Comments: It was a game changer! Very user friendly and so helpful when you are managing a high volume of emails in a day.

Pros: The ability to communicate to your team on a specific request or email is paramount. You are able to have great work flow by assigning tasks to your fellow team members. This is a great communication and organization tool!

Cons: Sometimes it was difficult to trace the full chain of an email thread. An email chain could be broken up into a bunch of different messages instead of one steady stream. Not a huge issue, it was just the only issue I ever had.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2020
Colton S.
Project Consultant
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2020

"Front User Review"

Comments: Above average experience very easy to use intuitive and overall great product and service

Pros: Love the ability to send both SMS and email as well as share and comment on email threads without having to forward them with the chat functionality also love all the APIs and different tools that just bring everything in one place

Cons: Searching for archived emails is tough unless you remember the exact spelling of something or name formatting could be better in terms of how it looks up things in the search functionality

• Reviewed on 25/04/2020
Jonathan Z.
Staff Accountant
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2019

"This is a good basic platform for your customer care portion of business"

Comments: Our experience as an internal-use product has been very good, we've been able to to keep track of any inquiry on a timely manner due to how easy it is to use this platform, I would just take some points off due to the fact that it is not the best tool to keep track of KPIs.

Pros: This platform is very light, it really allows you to get by your day without feeling you had to follow a too convoluted workflow since Front is designed to be very intuitive and easy to use, this allows for you to clear a high volume queue relatively fast.

Cons: It can come a little clunky since its meant to be simplistic, this can be an issue if what you are looking for is an advanced level of customer experience, and it could also affect the way you track your data since this platform is not too well versed on that department.

by Front on 15/07/2019

Hi Jonathan, thanks for sharing this! We're working on some analytics platform improvements later this year. We'd love to hear more about what your team is looking for if you have any specific requests around analytics, I'd love to walk through them with you! Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

• Reviewed on 03/07/2019
Tayzar S.
Senior Accountant
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"Top-Notch Collaboration Tool"

Pros: The best feature about Front is the ability to communicate with both my internal and external teams without having to forward a bunch of emails. The ability to comment and tag other users is a great feature.

Cons: I would love to have the ability to create different folders and save the emails in there which will allow me to keep track of my emails better. I don't believe this feature exists yet.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2020
Client Success Champion
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2018

"Eh, it's okay. It's really buggy"

Pros: I like the snoozing feature, as well as the API abilities since my company has built out a robust sidebar

Cons: Very buggy. For a while you had to scroll on the page in order to even send an email. It also doesn't have a 24 hour snooze option which is ridiculous and leads to all our emails being reopened at the exact same time. There should be an ability to create custom snooze times. The analytics are also not great

by Front on 10/07/2018

I am happy that you enjoy Front's snoozing feature, and API abilities.

I am confused to how buggy the app seems to be for you ¿ this is a piece of feedback that we almost never receive. Would you mind sharing with our team the issues that you are experiencing so that we best address them? ([email protected]).

You can definitely use our custom snooze feature, and snooze a message to any date at any time. There are also a variety of set snooze options that you can use (1h, 2h, 4h, next day at various times, 2 days, 4 days, 1 week... or custom).

We are currently working on enhancing our analytics ¿ we would love to hear more from you ([email protected]) on your feedback as a user of this feature; if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks for your feedback.
Olivier from Front

• Reviewed on 05/07/2018
Mahmoud K.
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2020

"Disappointing Experience"

Comments: Overall this is a piece of software without a soul.. The rep that got in touch with me couldn't answer my questions Several days later still not heard from him at all regards pending topics discussed over zoom Got in touch with their support regards other things and they got me do thing the long way. Overall expect a piece of software with no people behind it to back you up and get you stored on the right track You are on your own. Its not worth the money even if it was for $1 for the package .. Back up your customers, get them on the right track asap otherwise please close your doors and go home

Pros: I liked the Shared inbox and the delegated functionality and the advanced rules

Cons: It can be complicated to figure out how to achieve what you need to implement

• Reviewed on 16/09/2020
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2018

"One of the best communication softwares out there"

Comments: Front App offers the whole thing you would desire from a team-based support and email management system. The pricing form may not effort for all types of corporation.

Pros: In this modern era, we are paid for numerous prospects to modify the world, and even fewer while these prospects are with a collection of diligent, compassionate, and modest persons. I can effortlessly say Front App is one of these prospects. In my time here, I have been continuously challenged by the working team's grit and inquisitiveness; asking hard questions to explain hard problems. Furthermore, I am continually enthused by how everybody celebrates their achievements or be trained from their stumbles with an air of elegance, forever determined for the continuous enhancement as an individual, for their team, and for the corporation.

Cons: Individuals here are super fervent concerning what they achieve, but occasionally that can direct to irregular work/life stability. It is also quite costly.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2018
Ryan P.
Ryan P.
Owner/Principal Consultant
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"Excellent application for bringing all communication streams together"

Pros: Front integrates our accounting, support and sales contact streams all into one place. It also allows us to easily share project updates to the whole team

Cons: Front is not quite as good a general email client as GMail.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Ben M.
CSM
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2020

"Best Shared Inbox Tool we have found!"

Comments: We use it as a shared inbox tool for our CSM team to have oversight on client emails.

Pros: I like Front as the best shared inbox tool on the market - it has the most functions/features, was the easiest to deploy and solves all of our issues.

Cons: When I try to use my Gmail now it causes a lot of bugs with moving/altering emails. This is rather annoying as I still need to use my standard email for internal emailing.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2020
Business development
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Great piece of software with a terrible team behind it"

Comments: It's been a mixed experience, though as they grow we are starting to enjoy the experience less

Pros: The assignment of conversions and integrated rules.

Cons: The team behind the software is pretty terrible from changing the pricing for my team on a whim to not even understanding how to use their own software on a sales call

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Paul V.
Paul V.
Internet
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2015

"Fast, easy to use and getting better every day"

Comments: We switched to Front after using many different tools for support over the past years. We're running support for our mobile app with an install base of 1M+ with a tiny team. Front's UX is great and allows us to give very personal support to our users. Most of all I like how Front gets better every day. They're iterating quickly and listen to their users, practice what you preach.

Pros: Speed, mobile client, Gmail integration, canned responses with variables, lightweight.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2015
Liz L.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2020

"zero support, everything is by email and comitments made and not follwoed through"

Pros: ability to communicate within the email strimg

Cons: terribel support and onboarding proces. the handoff from sales to cusotmer supprot has bene horrible. I just received an online tutorial from the support person who is suppose to be helping on board us. I am paying them for consulting services to do this, which was clearly outlined and agreed to. My sales person sent me the same video in our trial period and I didnt have time to watch it or deal with this set up, that is why I hired their professional team. this has been a terrible onbaording process, terrible. zero support, everything is by email and comitments made were not follwoed through

• Reviewed on 10/09/2020
Johan B.
Johan B.
CEO & Co-founder
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2015

"Front is the Slack of email"

Comments: It took us 5 min from signup to migrated our Google accounts for job applications & security reports, Twitter, Facebook, Intercom account (Front's UI is so much better). I really got the Slack-feeling when signing up to Front, like “How much money do you want for this holy grail? I’m paying!”

Pros: Customer support is amazing and they launch new cool features like crazy

• Reviewed on 20/11/2015
Vincent F.
CMO
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"The must have"

Pros: This tool is very powerful, you could have in the same app all your customer emails, chat messages and sms

Cons: Nothing to say. It's a very good tool. Maybe the price reduction for the yearly plan is not very interesting

• Reviewed on 03/04/2018
Will R.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2021

"Good tool for centralizing all email communications"

Pros: Brings everything into one place, makes it easy to search through multiple inboxes

Cons: UIs could use some work, sometimes it's unclear which inbox/user you are currently looking at

• Reviewed on 25/08/2021