FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile Reviews

by Xplor Technologies

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile

Mobilize your service business and increase profits with our one-of-a-kind flat rate pricing which is all at zero-cost to you!

Learn more about FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile

Lisa E.
Service Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2017

"I work with Coolfront on a daily basis. I am impressed with the ease of this program."

Pros: You are able to view the previous 5 service calls on selected customer. You are able to merge a customers information, if on the off chance that it was entered in differently by another employee. I am still learning all the fun features of the program and it is SO much better than what I used to work with (SuccessWare), BY FAR! Customer service has always been very helpful when there is a area of concern or a quick question.

Cons: Service agreements are in another web application. You have to switch back and forth to update information. Not a huge problem, but when only have access via phone it is cumbersome and difficult. And too, there may be a way to change that, that I have not come across yet as I am still learning the product.
If I could make a small suggestion, it would be nice to be able to hover over the daily work orders and have it pop up with the information, at this time you have to open it to view the entire contents.

William A.
Service tech
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2017

"Overall it's a good user experience"

Pros: Ease of navigation. Their are lots of repair items to work with. The layout is very easy to use. Also it look very attractive in front of the customer

Cons: Finding specific parts or repairs, looking into customer history could be easier . It crashes often, which may be an iPod issue.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2017
Jimmie S.
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2017

"Saves me a lot of time"

Pros: Mobility and speed as long as we can locate the correct an fair repair. Customer is able approve repairs and sign.

Cons: Hard to find things sometimes, and if you delete it can cost you another fee. Repairs for instance compressor change out allows 6 hours or more, the average time for us is not over 4.

George G.
Owner/Technician
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees

"Happy Customer"

Comments: We have enjoyed using Coolfront. We have introduced three other contractors to Coolfront.

Pros: Easy to use and flat rate invoicing. Will be making Coolfront our main software.

Cons: Not being able to take payinvoicing. (But now Coolfront has payment capabilities).

by Coolfront on 17/04/2019

Hi George! Wow, thanks for referring THREE contractors to Coolfront - we really appreciate your support. I hope you give Coolfront Payments a try. I think you will be very happy with it! Feel free to chat on the website or give us a ring at 888-229-4100.

Corwin K.
Owner/operator/installer
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2017

"We have used Coolfront for a couple of years and it is easy to use"

Comments: Love the syncing to QuickBooks!!!
My field techs have a great way to invoice our customers and builders.

Pros: Easy to teach new employees.
Having on mobile devices is great!
The app has not crashed at all.
Love that it syncs with QB

Cons: The use of the pricing details needs an update for easier use and uploading pics to customer file would be great.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2017
Cindy L.
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2017

"Easy to use for new customers, difficult for previous customers."

Comments: Sharing necessary data with technicians without having to call them, text them or email them (busy office).

Pros: The ability to share customer data with manager, office staff, technicians & customers, somewhat live time.
Ease of finding appropriate services and discounts to apply to work order.
Ease of adding new services, pricing & discounts.
Ease of using with customer other than old school customers who prefer hard copies. Believe it or not some customers still DO NOT have email.

Cons: Searching function not quick. No font, bold, italic or color change options. Not easy to integrate with QBooks. Not able to add attachments. We run out of work orders fast, a little pricey.

Tony T.
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2019

"Best flat rate program out there"

Comments: Customers love the technology and it helps assist our company be a performance leader

Pros: Ease of use, technology platform, mobile

Cons: No ability to modify the description of existing repair. Many times the wording isn’t correct and I’m required to delete the entire repair and recreate it.

by Coolfront on 09/05/2019

Hey Tony - thanks for the amazing review and helpful feedback. We appreciate - Stay Cool!

Helene P.
Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2017

"I like most of the way this software performs."

Comments: Being able to use it out in the field

Pros: Easy to use and most items are easy to find. The layout of the workorders & invoices look good. And like the ability to email a copy to the customer.

Cons: The way the workorders line up in a row instead of each workorder under each technician. It would be easier if we could see each workorder for each technician on a schedule board.

Laura G.
Owner / General Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2017

"Very easy to use, and good for smaller companies."

Pros: They are constantly updating their database and software. We rarely have issues with it's functionality. You can use it offline so if you don't have reception it will still work and you can then have it sync the next time you do.

Cons: The parts database is not comprehensive enough for a residential and commercial HVAC company. You can't import the database into Desco / ESC dispatching software.

Joey V.
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2017

"Since using Coolfront, our work order workflow has improved greatly, and our pricing is consistent."

Comments: Consistent pricing from customer to customer for similar repairs. Flat rate pricing also helps us to charge appropriate prices that are fair for both us and the customer.

Pros: Available in the cloud, so it's accessible anywhere. The software also works offline, for the most part. The best part is that the software is based on flat rate pricing, and that makes pricing and completing work orders fast.

Cons: Sometimes finding repairs in the database is a difficult task. Although the search function gets better over time, some repairs just don't seem to come up when searching for the logical keywords that you would first think to use.

Dan A.

"Coolfront review"

Comments: Less work for our accounts receivable and increased profits from higher rates and markups with less debate and scrutiny by the customer

Pros: The ability to search flat rate pricing or make your own custom repair that appears as a flat rate standard.

Cons: The finished work order does not display the signature of the of approval on the main screen.

by Coolfront on 23/04/2019

Hi Dan! Wow - 5 stars!! You just made our day :) Thanks so much for sharing your Coolfront wins of less work on your admin and increased profits. Stay Cool!!

Scott L.
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2020

"Great budget friendly way to go paperless"

Comments: Overall this product saves me time and headaches of tracking service invoices. With this I can price out and invoice service calls all in one step. It is very good at one thing which is service invoicing and going paperless. I'd recommend a secondary way to track and dispatch techs.

Pros: I like the ease of pricing service calls. I can make quotes to customers in under 1 min. most of the time.

Cons: I don't like that we now pay monthly for linking to quick books and google calendar. These used to be free. It seems like there should now just be a single monthly fee vs. piece paying for every little thing.

by Coolfront on 06/01/2020

Thank you for your review and feedback Scott. We share your feedback with our development and business development team!

• Reviewed on 03/01/2020
Devona W.
Dispatch Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2017

"I use Coolfront daily and it makes my job easier."

Comments: Overall a good program and handy for service technicians. So much easier to read than the hand writing of some of the technicians out there.

Pros: I like that my technicians can get glance backs of previous visits to customers homes. Also like that there is a spot that we can share information with our technician on the ticket that can't be seen by the customer.

Cons: I would like to be able to time stamp start and stop times of tickets as well as search past ticket by typing in a date rather than have to scroll through months and months.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
Jamie R.

"It could be better."

Pros: Easy to dispatch techs. Customer approval works great for pricing approval. Glance back is great for techs.

Cons: Parts finding is hard for techs to find exact parts. Not all makes are in the parts system . To easy to make 2 separate customer files and then glance back doesn't help the techs. I wish I could link more then 1 tech to a work order. I would like to be able to put sales tax and residential hourly rate as default instead of always having to change it. I wish equipment listing was part of the customer information.

Les D.
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"The program runs well. Our cost per repair clicked is High. Repair database has too many options!"

Comments: Ease of service billing.

Pros: Convenience of quoting repairs to homeowners is very nice. Having the ability to report to customer the cost of repairs on the spot is a nice feature.

Cons: Far too many repair options for very similar repairs. Repairs database is not fully customizable to company usage to limit search times but does offer features for company and tech favorites for regularly used repairs.

by Profit Strategies on 26/09/2017

Thank you for your comments in your review. Since that time our parts search database has been upgraded to a new version. We hope that you are enjoying more ease in repair options.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
Nathan B.
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2019

"Coolfront 4 years in"

Comments: Overall coolfront has been a great tool to help grow my business.

Pros: Easy to use software. It really helps you find the best repair and then confronts pricing is geared towards you building your business.

Cons: Needs to be a way to keep up with customers and maintenance agreements sold. I have to integrate coolfront into quickbooks which works well for the most part. There are still some kinks to be worked out.

by Coolfront on 09/05/2019

Hey Nathan! Thanks for the feedback and great review! You should check out our Coolfront Agreements software to manage your agreement customers and schedule maintenance visits.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2019
Jenny G.
Office Manager/Owner

"Fast, Easy Billing"

Comments: Overall, Coolfront is a very helpful tool to allow technicians to bill the customer when the work is performed helping reduce the number of open accounts.

Pros: Entering customers is quick and easy. Adding repairs is also simple with the search bars.

Cons: I wish our employees couldn't see how much time it's suggested to take to make the repair-only administration. Our employees at times take advantage of that and take longer to make a repair than what they really need.

by Coolfront on 15/04/2019

Hi Jenny! Great feedback regarding repair time. I will pass along to our product team. Overall, glad you are enjoying Coolfront and reaping the benefits!

Kate at Coolfront

Office assistant
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2019

"Coolfront has helped us a lot"

Comments: Overall we have been very pleased with Coolfront. We have been using it for about 3 years now. The customer service is fantastic. Any time we have had a problem (which has not been much, and usually our own fault) customer service has been more than happy to help us and always so friendly.

Pros: Our technicians love that they can just type in a repair and get the pricing. It makes things much easier for them. Then be able to print out a copy of the work order for the customer right there on the spot. They are using Epson mobile printers and the combination in great.

Cons: Two things I have heard the technicians say that they would like is to be able to click on a customers phone number and call right from Coolfront, and the same thing with the address. They would like to be able to access Google maps right from the customers address in Coolfront

Jeff I.
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2017

"We have used Coolfront for 4 years, and find it a valuable tool for our company."

Comments: less paperwork, easy to access from anywhere, easy to see what happened on previous service calls.

Pros: We like not having paper work. Both the customers & our office like the digital service ticket. It's also very convenient to watch what a service tech is doing by checking in on Coolfront. I like being able to add as many notes as I want, and then if I have to go back 6 months later I can see what happened on a service call.

Cons: There are 3 things that come to mind that I would like to see changed. #1 - I would like to search & not have to include a date range. It would be convenient to just put in a house number or last name. #2 - I wish unpaid tickets could display a different color (maybe yellow? ) and then not archive until they are paid. #3 - Also if we could search for tickets based on their status. ( Paid/Complete/New/ Started)

William G.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2019

"Gamechanger"

Comments: The software was very easy to learn. It easily integrates with quick books. You just tell the software your overhead and decide what you want your markup to be on certain price ranges and Coolfront does the rest.
Coolfront has drastically increased profit margins and we are no longer unintentionally undercutting our market. It has also streamlined our service records, cutting down on office work. This software is perfect for the one man show or a company with 50 employees.

Pros: Ease of use, easy integration, very affordable, continuous upgrades to cater to industry changes, tailored to your company, pay as you go (no contracts), and increased profit margins.

Cons: There are some limitations compared to software that you would spend well over 10X as much. I would like to see some templates for “notes”

by Coolfront on 09/05/2019

WOW, William. What an amazing review and feedback. We really appreciate it and love to hear how Coolfront has boosted your profits :)

• Reviewed on 01/05/2019
Heather M.
Office manager
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Coolfront Payments by Clearent"

Comments: We've been working with Coolfront 5+ years and never had an issue that was not resolved quickly.

Pros: Simple to use, straight forward flat rate pricing, current industry equipment/parts pricing embedded in software and always improving and adding new products. Never gave us a reason to consider moving.

Cons: Recently bought out and informed we will need to use Clearent for our merchant processing. Called to clarify and given the word that our current processor will not be compatible with the planned platform changes to come July 2019.
Perhaps I misunderstood but I'm under the impression that we must switch to their desired processor.
What about signed agreements and contract cancellation fees from our current merchant processor?
I have a feeling this is going to be expensive and possibly painful.

by Coolfront on 05/06/2019

Thank you for your review, Heather!! We really value it :)

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Chris H.
Owner / operator
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2017

"I have been using CoolFront for over five years now and couldn't be more satisfied!!"

Comments: Being a user and believer in Flat Rate this software makes it easy...one less headache to deal with!!!

Pros: Easy to use, I love the repair look up format. Customer service is awesome and I have never had to wait on hold or have someone call me back. Being able to read, write or check the status of a work order from anywhere is great. The customers love the invoice format and the fact it is emailed to them right there on the spot! It integrates with Payzer which makes taking credit cards or financing so easy!! I especially love the customer surveys that are automatically sent out and being able to pass a gift along to a new customer or a customer having a birthday or anniversary! It integrates with quickbooks and google calendars...love that!!!

Cons: I wished we could sent a email to a customer letting g them know we are on the way. Being able to separate invoices by counties or municipalities for year in license payment.

Chris R.
office manager
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"CoolFront"

Comments: I love that we are using less paper. Being able to see, edit, and advise technicians about the pricing and notes when they are in the field and I am in the office (or even running errands!) is great. Having the past history to look at is very helpful. The customer service at CoolFront has been good when we have needed help.

Pros: We use the software on iPads with data, so I can keep an eye on the technicians and see real time what they are entering into a service ticket.
We have it linked to Payzer for accepting credit cards, and I can also see that immediately, as well as get an email notification when the payment is processed. We also offer Greensky Financing, and that is linked as well.
The customers appreciate that we are "green" and using less paper.

Cons: The search function for older tickets isn't always user friendly.
I wish I had more control over when a ticket is archived.
We have 5 years of back data, and when I tried to integrate with Quickbooks, it created a lot of headaches for us with the past data. It ended up not being worth it and I turned it off.
I don't like that technicians can create different profiles for the same address just by forgetting to capitalize a letter or even entering a wife's name when the last time it may have been the husband's.

by Coolfront on 09/05/2019

Thanks for the awesome review, Chris!! We appreciate it and we are so happy you love Coolfront and have reaped all of the benefits.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2019
Steve M.
Partner

"Coolfront Review"

Comments: Overall I like the simplicity of the Coolfront app and plan to keep using it.

Pros: Easy for both Dispatch and Techs to use.
Good flat rate book that auto updates.
Fairly inexpensive.
Syncs with Quickbooks.
Very customizable for different rates. Residential, Commercial, After Hours, etc.

Cons: Double entry required for Quickbooks entries. If you mark a customer paid in Coolfront, they show as unpaid in Quickbooks.
Customer and Internal notes do not transfer to Quickbooks.
Not enough equipment quote options. Need closer to 100 than 25.

by Coolfront on 05/06/2019

Thank you for your feedback, Steve!! We are so glad you're enjoying the Coolfront app!!

Stay Cool :)

Teresa B.
AP-HR
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2021

"Coolfront"

Comments: Overall a very good, clean app for our company, employees and customers.

Pros: Ease of use for our field technicians wherever they are. The user set up is simple and easy to manage.

Cons: Archive option for work orders should not be available to all users because too often someone accidently selects archive.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2021