MangoApps Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About MangoApps

MangoApps integrates intranet, communication, and training into a unified platform, bridging the gap between desk and deskless workers.

Learn more about MangoApps

Leela S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Easy to Use, Cost Effective Collaboration Platform"

Pros: MangoApps is highly customizable and easy to use, and can be adapted to a number of different contexts. I really liked the file module, and the multiple permission levels and easy to use privacy settings. I think in general file sharing capabilities are a big strength. I think it's also the best value on the market for this type of employee intranet/online collaboration platform, especially for smaller companies or for projects (I used it on a long-term, multi-partner project, for context).

Cons: The calendar management section of the platform is unfortunately nowhere near as effective as a Gcal or Outlook calendar. I also think the project management tools could use some improvement. Additionally, if you and your company do not have O365, or are looking to use file collaboration with clients who do not have Microsoft licenses, Mango does not support file collaboration in platform without the use of Microsoft online.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2021
Graham L.
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2020

"Good Product"

Comments: We like Mango Apps, for what we pay we feel it is a good product. We operate from Asia, where it does operate ok.
If they had support in different countries and provided the software in multiple languages they would probably dominate the market hands down.
Best to remember that no commercially available product is going to be perfect for everyone, so taking this into consideration they have done a great job in developing the product.

Pros: The improvement you get in communication between employees is great and results in far better proficiencies across your whole business.
Document storage is great for international businesses, the ease of being able to transfer documents between countries securely is a big thing for me.
It does encourage employee engagement which is what we really needed. Many of our people work remotely, so we needed something to combat the isolation.

Cons: 1. The chats disappear. I am referring to the actual discussion here. You can have a history of chat and then suddenly it will all disappear never to return! I am talking about the small pop up boxes and not from internet explorer itself.
2. Support is a bit haphazard, I have received replies to one inquiry and then never received a reply to another.
3. Emails do not work. I notice once an email is used by one person the system will not allow you to use the same email for other users, even if the original user is no longer active. I assume this is a security feature, but very unpractical because employees often use the same email.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2020
Wade J.
Onboarding Manager
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2020

"Great software, needs support development"

Comments: Our firm has gained scale and the organization of our documents has expanded exponentially since implementing.

Pros: Ability to organize files and create an intranet with links to specific documents and an ability to maintain organization. Lots of special features.

Cons: 1. Ability to block users from deleting items that they upload
2. Support is among the lowest we have experienced. The chat room is rarely open. Responses to service requests often never come and it is at least 24 hours before a response is received.
3. The document approval process needs development.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2020
Tyressa J.
Education Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"MangoApps user advocate"

Comments: My experience with MangoApps has been excellent. I have enjoyed connecting through this software to the platforms that I need to communicate with professionals all over the world. I enjoy being able to store and save documents and files and archived them in the event I want to use them later. I appreciate the notifications and know that I can change them as I desire. I will continue using MangoApps and advocating for its continued use to access the platforms I need. Thank you
From a very supportive and satisfied user!

Pros: I love that MangoApps is free, easily accessible. user friendly, upload from the computer is fast, having the opportunity to connect with others across various states is one of my most favorite benefits, and knowing that no matter who I speak with has a similar priority as mine, how do we meet the needs of those we serve.

Cons: I do not have any cons about MangoApps. I think it is easy to sign up and sign in and you can connect with how many people you want to and you can come and go within communities or work groups.

by MangoApps on 03/08/2020

Tyressa, thanks for reviewing MangoApps and being our strong advocate! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Matt M.
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2020

"MangoApps is Great"

Comments: This has been great for project team collaboration and supporting company communication and culture.

Pros: It connects everything and it has a very consistent implementation across many features. So once you learn how to setup/use one module you can figure out the rest.

Cons: The page refresh lags a bit. So sometimes when I'm working I find that things seem a bit sluggish.

by MangoApps on 06/06/2020

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to review MangoApps. We are pleased to see that it still fits well into your workflow, and will certainly take your feedback regarding page refresh in mind with active improvements we are making to the platform. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 03/04/2020
Marketing and Communications Specialist
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"Good OTS System"

Comments: The tech support and developers are very responsive and helpful. They are particularly accommodating to non-tech savy customers.

Pros: The time needed to design and develop site pages is greatly minimized by using the templates provided when compared to developing a website from the ground up. Mango Social Intranet has an existing integration for many of the web apps you may already be using, so it's not necessary to completely jump ship (at least not right away) on the products your company is accustom to using. There were some features that we wanted that were not available to us. For the simpler requests, the developers provided us a piece of code that we could use whenever we wanted to use that feature. I definitely was not expecting that level of service from the team and was very appreciative. Other, more complex requests were made available to us in later releases of the product.

Cons: The branding package offered by Mango is a bit mimimal. However, if you have a web designer on staff, they can apply a custom css to improve the look and feel of your site.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps. I'm pleased to see that you've had positive experiences with our support and developers!

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Jimena C.
founder
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2018

"better training on customizing templates would be helpful"

Pros: does what i need it to do for project management...has made our team more effective overall since the start

Cons: a better CRM would be nice...easier for sales to schedule follow up dates for leads, reminders, and just overall more functionality to ensure the sales follow up process happens and there are reminders...also there has been twice now when my notifications stopped working...unless im notified via email I cant keep track of everything people ask me in the system.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Jimena, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for MangoApps. I'm glad to hear that it works well for your project management needs, and makes your teams more effective and efficient. I will pass along the feedback in regards to needing a more powerful CRM. Also please be sure to contact us if you have any issues that persist with notifications, I would like to make sure we have that resolved if not already. Thank you again! Cheers

• Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Sabrina S.
Sabrina S.
Senior UX Designer
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"Great Support and Easy to Use"

Pros: I like how much support we got from the Mango team to get the product up and running. Also we were able to get this tool up in a very short time!

Cons: The customization aspect. It was hard customizing some of the overall css styles for the site

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Thank you very much for your review Sabrina! We take tremendous pride in our customer's satisfaction, especially what we do to support and onboard our customers.

I will pass along your feedback regarding the customization aspect. Thank you again for being a MangoApps customer!

• Reviewed on 07/11/2018
Brett W.
Director of Research

"Great for our needs"

Pros: Document management features are strong. Ability to segregate projects, documents and communications between guest and network users.

Cons: Some of the implementations are a little clunky. The mac client crashes periodically. No ability to batch-tag files. Unable to lift metadata from files for export into other applications (for tracking and reporting).

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Brett, thank you for your feedback and review. If you have any issues that persist, please don't hesitate to contact our support team.

Miles H.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Great Tool for streamlining communication and running an effective organization"

Pros: Mangoapps has been an incredible tool for our company as we have grown throughout the years. Having this platform to streamline communication, and each member of our team work through has progressed how we work in our roles. There are an endless amount of features that will advance your company, but using trackers has been the biggest tool for us to keep up with provider charts.

Cons: I cant think of many cons with mangoapps. Anything we've seen a fault in, we've been able to reach out to their team and get their help in changing it, adjusting it, or upgraded.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
Director of Business Development
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2018

"MangoApps"

Pros: Cost effective solution with lots of features and very helpful support and development team.

Cons: Reliability is an issue. A lot of times new patches seem to break things and in general we spend a lot of time fixing/updating installations across team PCs.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Thank you for your feedback! I will be sure to pass along the reliability concerns. If there is anything we can do proactively on our end to work with you on resolving issues please don't hesitate to reach out.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2018
Johanna F.
Learning & Organizational Development Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"This software has been extremely easy to use and to collaborate with."

Pros: It brings the company together and makes it an easy way to share news across offices. We have really enjoyed using this platform!

Cons: Some of the features don't have the same capabilities that we are used to in other platforms. Mango is constantly open to updates, and we get excited about the new releases!

by MangoApps on 18/12/2018

JoHanna, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! I'm thrilled to hear it has been a great fit for your business, and we're glad you're along for the ride as we grow together! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have further feedback or ideas! Cheers

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
Director of Business Development
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"Great Software Program for Creating Internal Virtual Teams"

Comments: The software helps create an efficient environment for working on internal team projects.

Pros: The software allows you the ability to create virtual team boardrooms where you can collaborate, instant chat and share project ideas with co-workers. Teams can be set up easily by selecting coworkers from an internal company directory. You can also restrict access to who can enter the virtual team boardroom so that information remains protected.

Cons: The biggest negative aspect of this software is that you cannot conduct meetings with more than one person. Accordingly, if you have a team meeting or need to conduct a meeting with more than one client, then you need to use another program such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams.

by MangoApps on 06/06/2020

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that MangoApps fits well into your workflow. The capability is actually being increased to a total of 8 users in a meeting (including host) in the upcoming release. See here: https://www.mangoapps.com/releases/guide/messenger-clients-file-sync-tinytake-enhancements/

• Reviewed on 26/05/2020
Noah K.
Design Technology Manager
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2020

"Mango for you"

Pros: the user interface reads very well and helps with ease of use.

Cons: when navigating from page to page the load time seems a little too long.

by MangoApps on 03/08/2020

Noah, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

• Reviewed on 08/07/2020
Charlie L.
CIO
Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2015

"Great product with a lot of features under one roof"

Pros: I appreciate that MangoApps developed a tool that includes several major facets of our organization's day-to-day operations. We are able to use the Intranet, communication and project functionality all with one tool.

Cons: Task reporting could be more robust, as it can be hard to view tasks across multiple projects, teams and indiviauals.

Robert W.
Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2019

"I never see me Mango alerts"

Pros: not much I cant honestly say there is anything it does well that I feel is indispensable

Cons: i only use it in my office. i never remember to use it on my phone and everyone just texts anyway. mine doesn't alert me visually when I have messages. I finally figured out my volume was too low to hear the audible alert so I think that's ok. the font is tiny in the messages. since we have a fiber optic line email is so quick im not sure why we need mango. most messages are impossible to delete

by MangoApps on 25/04/2019

Robert, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that MangoApps fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback, but i'd also love to have you contact our support to work on resolving each of the issues you mention. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 27/03/2019
Rebecca M.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2020

"Super Useful!"

Pros: I love the ability to see documents and policies by specific departments and to have quick access to different integrated services.

Cons: The search function is sometimes a bit finicky when trying to find a specific document, but it's not a major problem. There are a TON of documents on there, so I wouldn't expect it to immediately find what I'm looking for.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2020
Eugene S.
Associate Director, Business Development
Primary/Secondary Education
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2015

"Great insight into company culture"

Pros: able to share experiences with colleagues with daily updates and photos

Cons: not the most intuitive design from the mobile. A lot of unneeded functionality

David W.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2018

"Jack of all trades, master of none"

Comments: Once it was setup is was fun to use. Choosing features is the hard part. Almost no organization would need all those features. You spend a lot of time in setup to get things just right. The features are easy to use after setup and employees generally enjoy or at least tolerate the experience.

Pros: Tons of features: blogs, notifications, instant messages, polls, CRM, top posts, employee morale boosts, employee org charts and many more. Just about everything you could ask for. No feature is "best in class" though. Features are implemented adequately, but not superbly.

Cons: Way too much administration involved. Even on the user side, setting up a single account takes too long. The admin side is even harder. Not enough customization of look and feel. Only the vendor can really brand it to your organization.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Thank you for your feedback David! I'm hearing you loud and clear- we will continue to improve MangoApps and focus on specifying the flavors of our product to more tailored business needs, making the setup and implementation process easier for all those involved. Thank you again for taking the time to review us!

• Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Rachel B.
Field Volunteer
Philanthropy
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2015

"I have used this product and have posted to it."

Pros: It's fairly easy to use and highly secure. There can be many subgroups formed, based around interest.

Cons: It's a bit awkward - not as intuitive as I'd like to see. I'm part of a non-profit with volunteers and I'd like to have a system that has clearer navigation for the inexperienced. Another company I'm a part of uses Yammer, which seems easier to navigate

• Reviewed on 19/11/2015
Joseph P.
Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2015

"It takes two to Mango"

Pros: I really liked the achievement aspect. I felt rewarded for learning.

Cons: Interface customization a bit too in depth, less options would be preferred. Or offer a Simple/Advanced tab.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2015
Ibrahim hakan Y.
Group Director of Human Capital
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"MangoApps > A Good Place to Start With"

Pros: Flexibility, Modular Structure, Layers of Authorisation, Strong Support for Improving Product, Customisation

Cons: - I hope MangoApps will succeed with Turkish Translation of GUI

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Emily K.
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2017

"Complicated interface that rarely gets used"

Comments: Mangoapps offers a lot of options to users, but for an employee engagement system, it has too many options that have overwhelmed our staff and largely contributed to disengagement. The customization features are nice, but are too advanced for our HR staff to effectively utilize.

Pros: It offers a space for employees to look up fellow employees' contact information.

Cons: The interface is complicated and cluttered; the incentives did not resonate with our staff.

by MangoApps on 18/12/2018

Emily, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! I understand that the interface and tools were overwhelming and didn't work out for your company. We take this feedback seriously, and I know we've consciously continued to develop and improve our products to make the interface more intuitive and make our products/tools more obvious and deliberate. I hope we have the opportunity to meet again and win your business again as we grow and improve. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 10/01/2017
Michael W.
Principal
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2020

"Easy to use"

Comments: Generally a good useful app

Pros: Easy to navigate, no confusion at all, layout is clear and concise

Cons: More features, more enriched content, more interesting articles

by MangoApps on 03/08/2020

Michael, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

• Reviewed on 15/07/2020
Contractor
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"I'm using MangoApps to maintain an internal news portal"

Pros: It's easy to learn and use, and serves its purpose well, providing a crisp, easy to navigate format for posting updates and announcements.

Cons: There are certain defaults/quirks with archiving old information that I'm struggling with. We'e yet to find a way for old content to go away without manually deleting each post.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear that MangoApps is serving its purpose for your business. Please be sure to let us know if you are still having trouble with anything or the quirks that you've come across.