• Overall
    3.9 /5
    3.9 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    3.7 /5

About Insightly

Insightly CRM is for growing teams that want a flexible, easy-to-use, yet powerful CRM to centralize and manage customer data from the

Learn more about Insightly

Joshua K.
Utilities, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/12/2019

"Brings all record-keeping together"

Comments: We have only been using Insightly for a couple of weeks, but overall I've liked it a lot. Prior to using Insightly, we were manually note-taking in Word documents for each client. Each time that a lead was converted, we then had to go and update everything. Now that we are able to integrate all of our notes, contacts, emails, etc. into one system, the workload has drastically lightened.

Pros: The thing that I like most about Insightly is that it allows me to document everything from start to finish with each customer. For example, if I send an email to a lead/customer, all I have to do is add that as an attachment in Insightly and I can go back at any time and see anything that was linked with that particular person. This helps track progress when passing off to other team members, too. In a sense, Insightly brings all of the "record-keeping" together and puts in one simple platform.

Cons: The project management function is pretty basic. Unlike a couple other CRM software that I've tested, Insightly does not offer many of the graphical views that the others do. Being someone who has an easier time seeing data in the visual realm, this was a feature that I wished Insightly would add.

by Insightly on 30/12/2019

Hi Joshua! Thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours, and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

• Reviewed on 25/12/2019
Kelsey L.
Business Development
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2019

"Insightly CRM Review"

Comments: Overall, Insightly solved my simple problems and provided a solution to our financial services firm so we could track our leads/projects until completion.

Pros: I previously used a version of Salesforce for small companies called Salesforce IQ. It didn't link contacts to leads, projects and companies well. It synced too much information from email and most of it wasn't relevant. Insightly solved all of these problems and made it easy to connect the dots between a person, lead, project, etc.

Cons: The software graphics were somewhat childish initially, but they have updated the graphics over time. It would be great if the software provided analysis / charts on some of the data that is stored there without forcing the user to do it themselves manually in excel.

by Insightly on 22/07/2019

Thanks so much for your kind note, Kelsey. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team

• Reviewed on 20/07/2019
Matt R.
Managing Director
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2016

"Insightly is a good choice for small software-savvy operations"

Comments: Our small agency needed a small CRM and Project Management support package so we went looking for a good fit. The person who chose Insightly did her due diligence in terms of functional comparison and interface design. The problem was that the person who selected Insightly had no experience with lead tracking or project management, let alone the software packages that save time and enable information sharing. Still, upon installation, the Insightly program did a fair job. Where there was friction and frustration was having to devote the time, and align our thinking with their software designers, to implement the software on different Windows platforms we had among our small team. (Our problem, we know.) While the newby on the team found she could use Insightly after some (time consuming) tutorial watching, the guy with more CRM, contact management and project management experience found Insightly to be less intuitive and more clunky when it came to smoothly integrating with Outlook, Google contacts and calendar. Take all of this with a grain of salt, please, because we loaded the free version. Still, before paying for any upgraded functionality, we are looking for a product that behaves as intuitively as it should it it was designed by busy agency professionals who need to switch functions on a dime, just after a client contact, or integrate easily with other packages.

Pros: Very simple, non-intimidating interface. Tries to be homey and welcoming to very small businesses. Earnest effort to serve up helpful hints. Looks like it doesn't require a lot of time to use.

Cons: Not particularly business-like, visually. Cutesy. Not as intuitive an interface as expected. Glyphs and symbols are not immediately intuitive. More clunky when it came to integrating with Outlook, Google contacts and calendar.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2016
Mathew W.
Executive Vice President
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2019

"Highly customizable and advanced CRM tool with easy to navigate features."

Comments: Insightly , no doubt have been a great addition to our tools for perfect customer relation management. We can track customers, mails and leads and project at an in-expensive subscription providing us with great and handy features.

Pros: Insightly CRM has the most intimidating interface with easy to understand and quite productive features. It is a perfect tool for the customer relation for mid-size and small organizations. We can easily customize the tool in order to get it properly synchronized with our working and requirements.

Cons: From the initial look, it is not very much professional but rather seems to be a visually appealing tool. The integration with the other tool is also not so easy and reliable and affects the overall performance. The project collaboration tools also gives me a tough time so there needs to be some improvements required.

by Insightly on 09/08/2019

Thanks so much for your kind note, Mathew. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team.

I'm more than happy to help review your integration concern. Integrations shouldn't slow the system down.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2019
Tracey M.
Professional Freelancer
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2018

"Insightly has awesome customer support and works well for a with 3 remote locations"

Comments: Overall a good product. I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forums of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software.

Pros: It is easy to have three branches of a business integrated into insightly in a relatively seamless way. It takes the CRM and the Project management aspects of running a business into the cloud along with scheduling and solves a lot of problems for the business I set up who are still using it today. They have used customer support extensively and appreciate their dedication to the product.

Cons: Looking forward to better social media integration - this is currently not a real feature and something that our heavily social dependent business would really benefit from

• Reviewed on 09/03/2018
Eliot G.
Director of Business Development
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2018

"Good CRM for small business. Easy to use - Easy to import lists"

Pros: I've using Insightly for years. It is a very easy process to import prospect lists. Since I am the main user in my organization I've been able to use the basic functionality without needing the reporting and audit capabilities. Easy to cc outgoing mails to the prospect listing. Simplicity is the biggest benefit for Insightly. Anyone can import without needing IT support. Search function is incredibly simple. Setting follow up is a click and done.

Cons: If I don't set up a next step or follow up for a prospect, it is easy to lose track of the prospect forever. I don't use the formal opportunity function as I found it easier to keep track of progress by setting unique follow up listings.

• Reviewed on 02/07/2018
Jennifer F.
CEO and Founder
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"Robust features - except reporting"

Comments: I use Insightly for one of my companies. It meets most of my needs for that company, especially around understanding people's relationships to one another and in social media. I've also used the project management feature when managing group activities.

Pros: I really like how it tracks relationships among the records and makes it easy to pull a list using tags. It also has robust features like project management. Data entry is simple and I like the way it uses actions/tasks. And it is very awesome the way it manages social media account information.

Cons: I get frustrated with the poor report features and when I want to download and manipulate in Excel, I get all the tags in one field, so essentially I can view the tag list nicely online but I can't export that (for example to send an email to the group). I'm also frustrated with the limitations on standard contact information. I work with business people and while I start with employment contact, getting personal contact signifies a much deeper relationship. Not having standard personal contact info spots is troublesome.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Mike M.
Realtor
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2019

"Very versatile CRM"

Comments: I can access my data on the fly with their app, send emails from within, track documents, import/export contact info and more. I like the ease of use and expansive custom field options and ability to create tags enabling grouping of contacts or leads.

Pros: Able to connect relationship between different contacts. It has the ability to create reports on a whim. Price is fair for the functionality and ability to customize to fit your industry's needs.

Cons: Not specifically geared towards the real estate industry.

by Insightly on 03/09/2019

Mike thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm about Insightly CRM! Your experience and satisfaction with Insightly CRM are our priority and we're excited your experience reflects that. We look forward to creating many more great Insightly CRM moments for you. Make sure to keep up with Insightly news and updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2019
John david A.
Director of Marketing & Technology
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Very powerful tool. Must be setup correctly and is only as good as the data you have in it."

Comments: It helped us to solve a problem that no other software was able to solve.

Pros: We wanted a tool that would be very easy to for our sales team to implement. It needed to be something that would require a lot of training and that they would actually be able to use. Insightly is a tool that is easy to use and doesnt have alot of extra bloat that we don't need.

Cons: Insightly is only as good as the data you put into it. Without high quality data going into the system and you have set it up correctly (meaning you have set it up how its meant to be used) Insightly becomes hard to use/useless. This is true of any system but unfortunately there are not good way to "Idiot Proof" the system so bad data cannot be entered. There is also a slight learning curve for this software to fully get users into and integrated with the software.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Noah M.
Sales Associate
Banking
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2015

"Insightly's Information Management System Increases Efficiency"

Pros: By linking organizations, contacts, and emails with opportunities, Insightly saves users a ton of time searching for contact information, company information, or your past correspondence. Insightly is also highly customizable for various different kinds of businesses. Its features can be changed to mirror practically any kind of preexisting organizational system. Lastly, Insightly's search function allows users to quickly look up contact information, sent emails, and other information.

Cons: Insightly automatically links your associated social media sites to your account. If you sign up with your gmail address, for example, anything linked to your chrome account will show up on your Insightly account. This is great if you want to get your name out there on Twitter or other sites, but can also result in users unintentionally showing personal accounts to coworkers and clients.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2015
Product Manager - Consumer Revenue
Financial Services Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2019

"Simple and straightforward tool that will help your sales process"

Comments: Overall, Insightly has been a pleasure to work with. I use this with a smaller team so it's been easy to start-up and run with. I have some concerns about our business "outgrowing" it but hopefully it grows alongside us!

Pros: We use Insightly to identify and manage the relationship with our customers and what I enjoy most about Insightly is that it allows us to tailor the product to fit our own needs. I have used CRM software in the past that forces a process or method down your throat but every process is different so I want a software that can be molded not a software that molds me. By finally getting a software that was easy to use and incorporated our methods we were able to get through the sales process much more efficiently.

Cons: There are some additional features that could be added and the upload feature is a bit limited as well which made it somewhat difficult to transfer existing contacts into the software.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2019
Client Experience Manager
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2018

"Insightly CRM"

Comments: It's a nice tool which accuartly shows our team where clients are in the pipeline. The CRM is useful. Cost is prohibitive for us to get our entire firm on the system, so we've started tracking client data in our project management platform.

Pros: We use this platform to track prospective clients and our sales pipeline. We then use custom reports to generate a weekly pipeline report that our team reviews. It's nice that it's a completely customizable CRM, that is pretty easy to use. It's one of the few platforms that we haven't replaced in our firm in the past 5 years, which is saying alot.

Cons: When we set up the system, I don't think we accounted for certain reporting limitations based on customized fields, which has resulted in a very fragmented export / reporting process for us. For example, contacts and organizations aren't linked in an export, so I have to do a vLookup to get a client list by organization. Quite a pain, but I'm guessing it was our own doing.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2018
Frank L.
Captain, Yacht Broker, Self Employed
Maritime, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2019

"Best CRM for the self employed!"

Comments: Insightly has been a real game changer for me, there is no way that I could keep track of all my customers, leads, and projects without it. And the free version is great for people just starting out with not budget for CRM systems.

Pros: Easy to use, the free version is pretty robust, and there is no “click here to upgrade” clickbait. The iphone and iPad app is really good even on the free version.

Cons: I’d like to see more customization options on the first level of a paid subscription. I’d also like to see Insightly offer some platforms for certain industries, such as yacht brokers like myself.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2019
VP & Director - Sales and Marketing
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"As a startup business Insightly provided a very cost effective Customer Relationship solution."

Comments: Great CRM solution for a startup business, easy to setup and use, very cost effective.

Pros: Easy to use and setup, very quickly we could import existing contacts and manage them. We could also enter new contacts and create custom settings to track our opportunities. Also, Insightly has a very good associated iOS app, so easy to enter new leads and manage existing customers when mobile.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Susan B.
Digital Business and Marketing Consultant
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2017

"When you need a CRM for small teams without the big price"

Comments: Affordability is the name of the game. Also, the simplicity of the software makes it easy to train business owners and clients on utilizing the system (very intuitive for small CRM needs). Integration with gmail is a great feature for this audience as well.

Pros: I really like Insightly as a budget option CRM for small businesses, and it's features have really grown over the years. The pros: Pricing - free option, can't beat that - the free option is good for up to 2 users, and 2500 contacts. Very nice integration with Gmail and Chrome, that allows for a decent project management system to go. Slack and Mailchimp integration for paid plans. Segmentation and workflows for certain paid level plans. It's definitely worth a look for smaller businesses.

Cons: Its simplicity is its drawback. For some, it will be too simple and too basic for more robust CRM needs.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2017
Angela B.
Content Developer
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"The most efficient, effective and powerful tool"

Comments: In short I would say all these features are good enough to maintain my workflow in a very stunning way.

Pros: For me the basic features that helps in growth of my sales is it’s email services that allows me to send multiple emails at a time to multiple people in my contact list. Furthermore, the integration power of this application is quite unique that enables me to work simultaneously on different useful applications.

Cons: I like each and every feature of this product as it provides me benefits in all aspects. I am a big fan of it. So truly I am having no complains at all.

by Insightly on 26/09/2019

Hi Angela! Thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm about Insightly CRM! Your experience and satisfaction with Insightly CRM are our priority and we're excited your experience reflects that. We look forward to creating many more great Insightly CRM moments for you. Make sure to keep up with Insightly news and updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Amanda W.
Business Development Manager
Entertainment
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2017

"My overall experience was positive and the straight forward"

Pros: I love that they have free version that you can use and that you have an option to upgrade to a paid version.

Cons: I've used other CRM's that allow me to upload emails conversations. This really helps when you're updated your contacts and trying to remember where you left off with someone. Unfortunately, this feature was not available in Insightly.

by Insightly on 06/12/2017

Hi Amanda,
Thank you for the great review! We love hearing customer feedback and to address your comment on uploading emails, we do in fact have that capability. I will reach out to you in a separate message to give you info on how you can automatically link your emails to various records in Insightly.
Teresa Roche
Director of Customer Engagement

• Reviewed on 05/12/2017
Jenna M.
Communications Manager
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2018

"Great design and easy to use!"

Comments: Customer service is also a strong point for Insightly...not only is easy to get help via the phone and online, there are also helpful training videos.

Pros: Insightly has a clean, neat design that makes picking it up easy. One of Insightly's strongest features is its to-do list, which makes organizing and assigning tasks to team members simple.

Cons: The email marketing functions could be a little more built out. Compared to other CRMs, there are not as many options for email campaigns.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2018
Sani F.
Founder/Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2019

"Best CRM for a small business"

Comments: It helps keep everything super organized. I love that.

Pros: I love how user friendly and intuitive it is - works really well for a team of people, assigning projects, etc.

Cons: On occasion there are glitches with assigning tasks (it doesn't save them to the company you've assigned them to).

• Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Kyle B.
Major Account Manager
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Great Small Medium Sized Business CRM"

Pros: This was a great tool for me to use while working with my consulting company. I was able to quickly log potential customers in the system and determine what actions I wanted to take on an automated follow-up schedule. The app was very helpful and thoughtfully designed!

Cons: The pricing structure was not really good for me to work my business model into. While a great product, it wasn't a great product for me.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Matthew G.
Partner
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2018

"Excellent CRM for the money."

Comments: Great for client management and task management.

Pros: I like the ability to customize the text fields to my needs and the task management function is hard to beat.

Cons: Could have better social media integration as well as better automated marketing to prospects and clients.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2018
Cat M.
Partner
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2016

"Great small business CRM tool"

Comments: I run a small consulting firm in Washington, DC that handles general management, communications and event services for nonprofit clients. I use every CRM imaginable for my clients including Salesforce, Abila, etc. but when looking for a CRM for my own small business, Insightly has it covered. It's a month to month service that integrates with both QuickBooks and MailChimp - two of my most used apps - and allows me the space to cultivate a small business customer list with all the convenience of more expensive and comprehensive tools.

Pros: No long term commitment or contract
Lots of useful APIs
Very intuitive for even novice users
Offers project tracking
Reports available for each module

Cons: Might be helpful to have a better idea of their partners and what APIs are available, like how Salesforce has its own app section.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2016
Will B.
VE
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2018

"A place where I can keep all my data."

Pros: I have been using it for quite some time and I can manage the candidates information and send them emails, track their activities and much more. Can enter detailed information for a person or company.

Cons: There is only one place to enter the email. Earlier, we could add more than one email which was useful. Now I have people with more than one email and I can't add that here!

• Reviewed on 24/01/2018
Cody C.
Customer Service Administrator
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2018

"Workflow automation, separates leads from contacts, impressive dashboard"

Pros: I’ve been tasked to shortlist a CRM that centralizes lots of aspects of the business. Insightly gets close and I’m growing fond of it as it combines multiple tools into one dashboard, accessible via one page.
Some of my top favourite highlights:
- Lead management: set up workflow automation with the ability to automate the initial response without having to spend time manually contacting each potential customer.
- You can feed the customer and sales data to other apps that you integrate with Insightly
- It removes the need for our other project management tools as it has enough abilities to substitute them.
- Insightly does a good job at separating leads from contacts with its Opportunities category
- Facebook-like layout
- monitor a specific team member's progress
- customizable navigation menu
- you can use HTML code and web forms to pull in leads from the web

Cons: It’s a personal preference, but I prefer to see all info held on a lead on a single screen rather than accessing each piece of info via tabs.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2018
John L.
Business Dev and Marketing Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2017

"No Customer Support"

Comments: Customer isn’t first in a company who’s software is made to focus on it. I feel betrayed as a customer.

Pros: It’s pretty intuitive, one of the cheaper CRM options. Once you get inside the software it looks nice and professional.

Cons: They don’t give you what they sell you, it’s a bait and switch. They call it a “customer success program” instead of implementation because they literally do nothing for you. If you have plenty of time to watch countless YouTube videos and read articles, then it makes sense. However, if you’re not told upfront in the sales process that there’s no implementation, there’s no importing databases for you, there’s no connecting the networks, there’s essentially a rep who points you to the right YouTube video once you have a question or an issue. Also I’ve opened a support ticket to have help connecting our server since we switched IT teams, not only did they refuse to get on a call and pass me off to yet another ‘helpful link’ but they suggested I paid for the next level “customer success rep” per year. So it’s really a business model that is set up as sell as much as you can and automate everything so you never have support the customer afterwards. Good luck if you want to talk to a real person on the phone.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2017