AIM Reviews

by Tri-Technical Systems

• Overall
    3.9/5
    3.5/5
    4.1/5

About AIM

AIM is a complete point of sale, inventory management, accounting and business software for the retail industry. (AIM is EMV-ready)

Learn more about AIM

Consumer Services
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Its really easy to make reports which is good for this type of software"

Pros: I really like how you can easily generate reports, that's important for my business and I believe this software can do the best job of it.

Cons: I don't like that's a little clunky to use, but that should go without saying because this is super complex software we're dealing with here.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Tara C.
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2020

"Phenomenal Experience"

Comments: We were having problems remembering who put what in the system and if it got logged in correctly and whatnot. The ATF Compliant Bound Book completely mitigates that problem. The Technical Support team has been able to answer each and every question I've had, which is incredible, considering I've called them many times when I've in the middle of a process (both on the test system AND live system) I don't understand or forgot how to continue on. They've been wonderful and have not at all made me feel crazy or gotten tired of answering my questions. I cannot say enough good things about my experience. We did have a small issue with a scanner, but the way it was handled was done so professionally and so well, that I consider it a privilege to have dealt with the company in this manner. It showed me that they really care about their customers and back their products and will make it right, no matter what.

Pros: We have been utilizing the POS (Point of Sale) System, and it's very intuitive. You go through a couple test transactions, and it's like riding a bike. You can do it so quickly and effectively. We used the testing system and were able to play around it a lot without worrying about mistakes that will mess up your entire system. We have the label printer, the receipt printer, and the wireless scanner, and they have made our little gun shop look SO professional and streamlined. Gone are the days of handwritten receipts! We can now track customers to see what each person buys and can add notes and wish list items! The Bound Book is ATF compliant, and it has made checking the firearms in and out a breeze. We are going to be purchasing the PO module next, so I can't wait to implement that!

Cons: I can't really say there are any Cons...I would just say it is a bit of a learning curve and can be a bit overwhelming at first, but the support that is offered is just phenomenal.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2020
Miles S.
manager
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2017

"Legacy database that our company is slowly replacing with more modern systems"

Comments: Years of data can be searched through. We currently use it for recurring billing via credit cards for monthly rental and lesson tuition payments. Those recurring charges must be manually triggered every day though.

Pros: Does not have glitches or communication errors. Data that has been input stays there forever. Interface has never changed, ever. So if you are familiar with it, there is a comfort factor.

Cons: The user interface has very few, if any, task stream allowances or cross linking between data entry areas.
The typical interaction with Aimsi requires starting from the home screen and navigating the "Module" you need, selecting the "Find," searching for the correct customer account, pulling up the relative info about them.
Then...
Restarting from the home screen, module you need to add or edit part of the changes that are needed, "find," find that account again..
Then...
Restarting from the home screen, module you need to add or edit the other part of the changes that are needed, "find," find that account again...
While there are hot keys to speed up this process it is still a very primitive workflow. Newer systems have you choose the customer account first, then proceed to enter new data, while Aimsi requires finding the module, and then the account, over and over again. Networking your store for Aismsi to work off of one of your local PCs requires above average networking skills. Backups and hardware upgrades are your problem and responsibility. You will need someone on call unless you happen to have above average IT skills.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2017
Georg L.
CFO
Sporting Goods, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"AIMsi Does it All (almost)"

Comments: Been using the software for two years now, and it seems to provide a solution for everything. I wish there was a bit better integration across the different modules, such as allowing station rentals, short-term rentals, long-term rentals, and contract payments to all be made on the same checkout as regular sales orders, instead of needing to process them all at once. The payroll area also needs some improvements, it is good for recording payroll expense, but you will need a separate application to actually do the real payroll tracking/deductions/taxes. Otherwise it handles everything from rentals, bay/station rentals, it has full accounting, chart of accounts, general ledger, integrates to your purchasing/receiving, has full inventory tracking with multiple locations. Basically you can run your business with a few minor outside resources, from this one package. Even managing employees/time tracking etc... Pros: Accounting, Rentals, POS Touchscreen support, Integrated Credit Card, Employee Management, Membership Modules, Integrated Gift Cards, Inventory Control, Invoice Management Cons: The systems don't all share one checkout - each type of transaction (rental, station, contract payment, merchandise sale) must be rung up separately - The payroll is not very robust

Pros: Accounting
Rentals
POS Touchscreen support
Integrated Credit Card
Employee Management
Membership Modules
Integrated Gift Cards
Inventory Control
Invoice Management

The payroll is not very robust

Carl K.
Sporting Goods, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Great Customer Support"

Comments: Our company spent a lot of time looking for a new POS system. After a ton of research we decided to go with Tri-tech. We could not be happier. Our Rep was very nice and not pushy. We've had the POS system for just about 2 years and my rep that sold me the system told me if I have ever need anything just to call him. I've held him to it and he has definitely kept his word. They're tech support has been great but, if I have to have one negative thing it would be on the tech support. The problem is when you call tech support for a question you just get a random person. The person you talk to will help you fix the problem you're having but, if you call back for the same issue, you get a different person that has a different way to fix the problem. So it could get confusing at times. I talked to my rep and he assured me they were making changes to make sure the support you get is more consistent. But honestly its a very small complaint and in no way affects the 5 star rating. If your looking for a new POS system I would strongly recommend taking a look at Tri-Technical Systems.

Pros: The customer support was great. It seemed the easiest to use. We are not a big company and this seemed to work best for us.

Cons: Tech support is a little confusing. I described below, when you call customer support you talk to a different person. That can cause an issue because each person has a different way to fix the problem you're having.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Miles S.
manager
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2018

"Very updated interface"

Comments: Expensive!!!!! Time to "update" to the newest version? Expensive!!!!

Pros: Solid database. Features specifically designed for our industry like lesson billing, rent to own tracking

Cons: Crashes daily because it isn't fully compatible with newer versions of windows. Not easy to use at multiple locations. Requires arcane network setup like environment variables because you have to pay for a total number of "terminals." Very clumsy user interface because you have to start from the master look up process for every piece of data you need to enter. Autopays are only semi automatic because they only run when you tell them to and once again you have to start from the master look up screen multiple times to: generate an auto pay list with manually input dates, transmit the autopays, post the autopays, cancel the denied auto pays, print out a denied list. Lesson billing is usable yet clumsy, lesson scheduling is a joke.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2018
Andrew H.
Technical Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2019

"A Small Music Store's Best Friend"

Comments: I used this software as a salesman at a local music store. It worked great to keep track of inventory (sales/ordering/receiving), salesman commissioning, time cards, and it made band rental season easy to manage.

Pros: It's very easy to use for all point of sale needs including transacting sales, sales history, band rentals, gear rentals, powerful customer account features, ordering and receiving. We used it to track salesman commissions and it worked great for that as well.

Cons: No real cons from a salesman/user perspective. It functioned to meet all of the needs of a small, local music store.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2019
Mary J.
Sales Associate
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2017

"Too Much Work"

Comments: The sales staff is very eager to show how the program works, but they do not tell you about data entry required, that there is only one check template, and that other parts of their program cannot be customized. The rental and lesson modules cannot be turned off, and having to enter tax by zip code is a tedious job that is unnecessary. Other accounting programs will do this automatically. Overall, the program has great features, but if we had not spent money on it, I think I would have knuckled down and gone with QuickBooks, and I hate QuickBooks.

Pros: Integrates POS, AP, AR, inventory, and invoicing, all in one program. They offer complete training and on-site set up, for a price.

Cons: Too much data entry to set up, which they do not tell you. I had to enter: categories (in a specific format, which I had to develop) and tax by zip code (California has over 2700). In addition, their 'conversion' consists of you putting your information in their template, and them writing a subroutine that will insert it into their program. If we had needed multiple stores, or did rentals, then it would have been more complicated. They only have one check template, and if your check does not fit theirs, their immediate response is 'why not buy them from us'. Nevermind that you might have several boxes already printed. Also, entering a customer is a complicated, several step process. For someone unused to data entry or not very computer savvy, it could be a more frustrating experience than it was for me. Their documentation is SEVERELY lacking, as well.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2017
Tim S.
Logistics & Supply Chain, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"A Good Alternative"

Comments: When I arrived in the organization, AIMsi had been recently installed for a small chain of retail stores in the organization. The sales floor was able to pick it up quickly, which was the real concerns. Basic metrics became readily available to everyone, and it was an overall success. That being said, it had a few crashes, and more complicated reporting for accounting, purchasing, and maintenance needed more work to be really functional. Nonetheless, it was a good buy for the organization.

Pros: Front-line users got up to speed quickly due to a slick interface and limited administrative options/noise. This included users with limited computer skill. The point of sale functionality was great.

Cons: Higher-view reports were clunky and difficult, they needed some help to get in shape for upper management. Crossing over data between the sales floor and the other functions of the business needed a lot of learning for even advanced users.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Jessica R.
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Poor support, lost data, "

Comments: There is little help for setting up the system. There are so many options, that it was hard to set up. When I called to get help, they wanted to charge me more than I already paid for tech support or they wanted to charge me to have someone fly out and set it up for me. When I had problems, they made me feel like I should know everything they do about computers. After having the system for over 2 years and trying to make it work, losing all my data and having to start over and paying for their top tier tech support the whole time so I would not loose any updates, I have given up. I spent thousands of dollars on software, hardware and tech support and then found out this system that I never even rang a single sale on, cannot be transferred to another buyer.

Pros: It was manufactured by a small company so I thought the support would reflect that.

Cons: The system crashed a few times. It is difficult to learn. The support was not great.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019
John D.
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2014

"Outstanding product and tech support!"

Pros: The product I use has made tracking over 12,000 consigned items a manageable endeavor. In addition to the impeccable tech support I receive, the ability to track each and every product in the store, from intake to settlement, has made this business venture a pleasure. I probably only use 50% of the features, but those I use make my job easy. I can readily identify all pertinent information regarding an item, track notes on the consignor's item and sale preferences, and easily upload all information at the click of a button to my website. A few of the key features I use most are the abilities to associate similar items to one another, to produce reports for each consignor on items sold and still open, to create accounting reports on daily activity, to retrieve a customer's information for mail merge at settlement time, to track my inventory on both quantity and revenue generated to determine my seasonality and busiest days, and to un-publish items from the website once they reach quantity zero (can you imagine doing this manually?). I also enjoy the easy of use in the Aesys admin system. I've been able to manage and tailor the website to suit my needs with little help from the web support team (another great facet of the product). The ability for real-time lookup of shipping costs and credit card processing made the integration of these items a breeze.

Cons: There are times the system will crash if I have the SA Inventory, customer info, receive batch consignment, and the sales invoice windows open at the same time. There are times I need to have these available in the dynamic environment I've created, and the "Swordfish" errors can be a hassle. Also, there are some canned reports in the catalog that don't seem to work, and creating reports with the wizard is not the easiest or the most intuitive.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2014
Sharon M.

"aimsi review"

Comments: It was hard to learn at first and I find my new employees have a bit more trouble with it than I like. Support is good but I have frustrations when CC processor and yourself throw the blame back on each other when resolving such problems. I think the separate module are a bit pricey unless you can catch a sale. And unfortunately I wish there was better online instruction to able to learn a new module. customer support is limits how much they show you in that area. I feel as though I utilize only about 50% of what aimsi can do just because there is no instruction of resource available online. And what's the point of the scheduling tab in reports when it doesn't give data even though the choices of reports are the same in the lesson tab and they work there. Customer service told me the tab doesn't work yet.

Pros: customer contact capture and credit card processing .

Cons: modules priced individually and that updates aren't discounted for current customers.

Megan H.
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2014

"AIMsi has more and more to recommend it as we learn more about it"

Pros: This is a great POS for our instrument sale and rental business. There's just enough flexibility in it without having to do everything freeform. The more we use it, the more we learn about new ways that it can help us. And the support option is great. Their staff is very knowledgeable and has been of tremendous help to us on several occasions. We've used AIMsi for years already, yet we're still finding new ways that it can help our business. The designers seem to have anticipated most of the needs of a shop like ours. Whenever we decide we want to do something new, we find there is an option in AIMsi for exactly that. That's a great sign of a well-designed product.

Cons: There are a couple of features that would be nice to have (ability to refund an initial rental payment in the system, reverse an approval return, etc.), but they're just things that would be helpful to us specifically. The only other thing that we really find irritating at all is that the formatting on the straight-to-email option isn't really compatible with Gmail recipients, so the large number of our customers with Gmail get invoices and the like that are very difficult to read and not very professional-looking. We get around that by printing them to PDF instead, but it would be nice to have it work in one step.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2014
Brian M.
Pres
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2018

"Over all, VERY happy. Best all in one POS for Firearms Retailers"

Comments: All in one POS for firearms retailer with the best pricing that WIL NOT break your bank!!

Pros: Lots to offer for the firearms retailer at eh best possible price compared to there competitors. We have been very happy with the system as a whole and although there is a lot to learn, support is just a call away. Having Bound Book linked right to your inventory is very helpful and there is even a delayed delivery choice in the POS for state like us in IL that require a waiting period for firearms purchases.

Cons: There is a lot to learn and many items/field we don't use, but can not simply delete. We have to work around them. For being such a gun based POS system, there are things that could use improving to keep retailers compliant. But every time we make a suggestion to support, it is taken in kind and it the modification can be made, they do it!

• Reviewed on 18/02/2018
Sharon M.
Retail, Self Employed
    2.5/5
    3.5/5
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2014

"Best product available to Music retailers at this time. "

Pros: That it captures customer info; examines things like staff sales, top customers, sales totals so I know how my business is growing.

Cons: the fees that you charge for anything extra that could support us.The fact that any type of webinar, workshop or video costs so much even though we pay monthly fees for support. I don't like the fact that even if we pay a monthly support fee we're screwed on the weekend if the system errors and you can't use it. paying an extra fee for the weekend seems like a another gouge. Not enough free tips and support about general usage, considering you only get a month of "free" support to learn how to use the system. If there are other places to get info then you need to get that info out to your customers.
The email module having no support in the way of setting it up - you're on your own having to know outgoing info and whatever else. I had it working once and now it doesn't and when I ask support that admittedly say that's not there area to help with and you have to call your internet provider. Plus when it does work, depending on your provider you can end up getting blocked from using your email for 24 hours.
That I can't look up a serial number to see it's repair history.
That you didn't ask your customers how they felt about your product and get their input -thanks for listening to my request in the email I sent a few weeks ago.

by N/A on 16/09/2014

Our Support Manager spoke with Sharon and showed her how to look up the repair history on any serial number, and also stepped her through correcting her port number for emailing out of AIMsi.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2014
Bonnie R.
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2018

"One of the worst business decisions I have made."

Comments: We gained POS software with serialized inventory track-ability from this software, something that we were lacking with QuickBooks.

Pros: It can handle a lot of inventory and a lot of different skus. The POS module is decent as far as keeping track of a lot of customers and barcodes. If you do opt for this software, stick with the very basic POS module only.

Cons: There are sooooo many things....
First off, the platform itself is extremely outdated. The only people who like this software are companies who have been using it for more than 10 years and haven't tried anything newer.
Our IT guy HATES it, and TriTech wants you to spend thousands of dollars on an old-school server set-up because it can't be set up with any sort of cloud system. One thing to keep in mind is the relatively cheap up front cost is just the beginning, as the hardware costs are going to get you BIG TIME when you have to keep going backwards in time and adding hardware, IT, and specialized accounting costs on top of everything else (did I mention our accounting costs quintupled when we started using AIMsi?!).
You can hardly ever correct a mistake, and we found this out right away when even TriTech support messed up trying to help us correct a simple mistake early on. Making corrections is tedious if not impossible, and yet the program is so counter-intuitive it's very easy to make mistakes even if you've been working with it for awhile.
The accounting module is a joke, and this is where I feel like it was truly a bad business decision. We went live officially in 2016 after practicing for about 6 months, and after 11 months of trying to get off of QuickBooks completely and get on only one reporting software we finally gave up on AIMsi as we started losing sight of numbers and business goals.
Bottom line, there are way better options out there than AIMsi.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2018
Aaron B.
Owner/Manager
Retail, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2017

"It's a shame - good ideas, bad execution."

Comments: There are a lot of good ideas in this software, but things like a staff that's not on the same page, and a long-awaited refresh of their base tech keep AIMsi a frustrating software package. We stay because our lesson program is to big to be handled by any other solutions we looked at, but I would advise others to hold off until their promised rebuild is released.

Pros: Lesson management is good. Inventory management and sales are serviceable.

Cons: Built on outdated technology, which means the system will get slower and more bloated as your business grows. Simple ancillaries (like date lookup) require Googling to find outdated Microsoft files when you replace computers, and support won't have those files available. E-commerce is excruciatingly complex to execute; why must it be this complicated when options like Squarespace and Shopify exist? They don't require the user to learn XML to take full advantage of their features. The PO system is convoluted, the workflow makes no sense. Inventory management could stand to lose some processes to speed things up and make it more understandable. Reporting doesn't make much sense, either. But the most frustrating part for us has been the staff. Calling support is rarely a good experience; it often sounded like someone was paging through a manual to find a solution. Recently, I found out why: support is tiered, and we are on the lowest tier. I've been using this software for 5 years, and no one at TriTech offered us an upgrade. Online help files don't offer much more in the way of assistance. Navigation is clunky, and entries are often incomplete or outdated. We've also experienced the classic "sales promises features that developers say can't be done" routine. The most recent involved running their product on a Windows tablet - sales said it could be done, but later, support said it was only possible using Remote Desktop Protocol (a thing I wish I knew before I purchased the Windows tablet & an additional license). More than once, I've been scolded by sales for "not understanding how [their] software works." They require you to buy gift cards & hardware through them, at a substantial markup. I'm getting frustrated just thinking about this stuff...

• Reviewed on 18/08/2017
Bill H.
VP/CFO
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2017

"Great feature set and support. Very poorly implemented."

Comments: The product has features that no other has, especially for the musical instrument rental business. However, it is showing its age. The worst thing is that it wasn't written well even to standards that we had 30 years ago. (I started in the IT business in 1986.) I would recommend it, with a great many warnings, to a musical instrument rental or similar company, but absolutely not to anyone else.

Pros: The feature set for the rent-to-own business is good. So far as we have been able to discover, there is no other product at any price that supports our business. (If there was, I would be on it like a duck on a June bug.) The support staff is excellent!

Cons: I would have fired an experienced programmer or seriously chewed out a beginner 30 years ago if they designed a user interface that was so poorly implemented. You never know from screen to screen what you have to do to do a "find." Sometimes you have to hit Tab for the program to work, sometimes you have to hit Enter. The mere fact that in a good many places the programmers apparently elected to use the tab key or enter key events rather than the OnExit event is inexcusable. (Click the OK or Save button without first tabbing out of a field and there is a great chance that the changes to the field you were last in were not saved.) Things as simple as standard naming conventions for naming reports are just an example that someone either didn't understand design or didn't care. (The reports aren't in report name order because some inept person decided to put "Print" or "List" in front of the report name, thereby making the lists sort out without rhyme or reason. Having a table of variables to STORE system options is fine. It's even okay for a first release. However, how a system that has been on the market this long without having a user interface on said table indicates a huge lack of caring. The user interface flaws cannot be excused by the fact that the programs are old. The design flaws would not have been acceptable in a DOS or even a CP/M program. The back end modules are simply sad. The fact that they decided to write the back end all over again in the new system that they plan to release someday indicates a huge lack of judgment. Why the devil would one reinvent the wheel, especially after doing such a poor job the first time around, when one could interface to any of several well-written, mature, user-friendly and well-supported G/L, A/P, A/R, etc. systems and focus on the specialized modules that make me use AIMsi to start with? (QuickBooks immediately comes to mind.) Doing so would save well into six figures of development cost, give one a solid base on which to build, and even give one a huge marketing opportunity by being an enhancement to a widely-used system rather than being a home-rolled thing. It would also give me some hope that the new release would be available in my lifetime. They are simply burning man-years of programming effort and stretching lead times unreasonably. As bad as the G/L module is, their "Purchase Order" module simply boggles the mind. They make a sad effort to somehow combine P/O and Customer Order Processing while making both the COP features and the interface to A/P damned near unusable. One need only looks at the database design to see that whoever wrote the COP programs had never actually worked on one before. No Order Header and Order Line Item tables? Really? They sort of sludge everything together in something that they dreamed up from scratch. Even the terminology used for field names and labels is non-standard. "Picked" has a very well understood meaning in the COP industry. They have a whole new definition. I could go on forever...

• Reviewed on 26/01/2017
Roger B.
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2016

"After ten years, I work with the system reluctantly."

Pros: You can open the system multiple times on the same computer. In the middle of entering a sale, cust wants to try on a helmet or gloves, or just gets distracted; you can switch to another copy of the system until the customer is ready to continue. When using the computer to work on customer information or inventory, you can switch to another copy to verify or copy something. For instance, combining two customers into one, can copy email and then compare or enter.

Cons: The system is absolutely opaque, not intuitive, and byzantine. To deal with a product, it is impossible to find S/A Maintenance unless you know how to find it. Way too many arbitrary clicks and decisions to find anything in the system. Especially annoying is the inability to go back one level, if you make a mistake in these decisions; you have to go back to the beginning, and you might not even remember which decision was the wrong one. The lack of a training program to teach new employees how to use the system is something I have been thinking about for ten years. The rental module does not lend itself to quick service, renting 100 bikes on a busy day. If you suspend a sale, you can't open it and suspend it again; therefore you can neither edit, nor even reprint it. You can't analyze sales data from a sector of the customer data base. For instance, you can't separate the customers from A to M and compare them to the customers from N to Z. This would be useful to analyze the effectiveness of advertising. We could contact all the customers from A to M, but not N to Z, and then compare the results. There's more, but that will do for now.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2016
Nancy K.
COO
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"Great Functionality at a Great Price"

Comments: Customers for 11+ years. We would not buy another POS product. We have premium support and receive excellent assistance

Pros: It has the capacity to handle all day to day activities. When used as it is
designed, the software works flawlessly. The tech support is great.

Cons: When corrections are needed, some are not easily done without assistance.
There are integrated correction options for common errors, making those
much less troublesome. Note that terms and button functions are not universal across all modules.

Warren B.
Golf instructor
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"Veritable Jack of All Trades Point of Sale application"

Comments: With many small businesses operating more than one type of business in their store, the demand for more versatile point of sale programs increases and becomes difficult to find. Think about looking at software to purchase and realizing each software application only does a portion of what you need. Say you sell retail products, but you also want to help local artists and sell their merchandise on consignment, plus you take trade-ins, offer repair services, and you wish to maintain a customer database to let them know about future sales; How many points of sale programs are out there capable of handling all that and much more? AIMsi. I'm still looking for the iPad program or another PC-based program capable of handling it all and be completely integrated. What kind of businesses are we talking about? Retail stores, liquor stores, hobby stores, gun stores and shooting ranges, appliance stores, car washes, music stores, bike shops, golf courses, bars and restaurants, grocery and convenience stores, and the list keeps growing.

Pros: User Friendly
Continually being developed and upgraded
A true all in the box solution (point of sale, built in accounting program, built-in gift card program, contact management, B2B and C2B capable, and everything else a business needs to run the front, middle, and back office).

Del S.
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"Aimsi software for music stores"

Comments: We've been using Aimsi software in our music store for about 10 years now, and we couldn't live without it. It has streamlined our accounts receivable immensley, and made many other facets of our business much easier.

Pros: We've been using Aimsi software in our music store for about 10 years now, and we couldn't live without it. It has streamlined our accounts receivable immensley, and made many other facets of our business much easier.

Cons: The hsitory search part of the service module has some limitations

Patrick O.
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2016

"AimSi helps to run our store"

Comments: Have been using this program for about 25 years. It is a great program to run a music store. Plenty of other music store owners to share ideas of how to get the best out of AimSi

Pros: Really helps with the back room duties (accounting, inventory, planning, etc.). Great point of sale program. Bar coding is a must.

Cons: Getting quality support can be a challenge. Program has so many features that better documentation for using the features would help

• Reviewed on 13/07/2016
Sheila M.
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2017

"My experience with AIMsi"

Comments: We use an older version (v6.0), and I am very impressed with the features. I can only imagine how the newer versions must be. Unfortunately, previous employees didn't understand POS software and we are not using many of the features, as our database is really messed up from being misused over the years. We only use the Long Term Rental Contract features, and AIMsi does a great job. Very easy to use. I only wish it had been used properly from the beginning because it looks like it would save me a lot of work.

Pros: The interface is very easy to understand and use, and customer support is great. It is a feature-rich program, I only wish we had a newer version.

Cons: When printing statements, it prints old accounts with no address. Apparently there is no way to filter the ones with no address out so I have to manually remove them. Occasionally one slips past and they are returned to us by the Post Office.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2017
Roger J.
president, owner
Entertainment, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"pc poll software"

Comments: great customer support, however if I had concerns it would be cost effectiveness, for small business operation, I do not need support that often, but had to pay monies every month to be connected, one time fees should be available at reasonable price points

Pros: support team has vast knowledge of software

Cons: the cost to use this service, would prefer a smaller fee to use this support on a one time as needed order, software is not user friendly

• Reviewed on 20/01/2017