LearnUpon Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About LearnUpon

Create, manage, deliver, and measure learning that helps your business grow without compromise.

Learn more about LearnUpon

Head of Finance
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"LearnUpon Customer Experience"

Comments: Good software, but too expensive for our business

Pros: It is fairly easy to brand and has lots of sensible tools for engaging with your client base

Cons: I needed to be talked through a lot of the tools. The online help & support is okay, but quite difficult to understand

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Richard S.
Chief Executive
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2013

"LearnUpon: Very Satisfied Customer"

Comments: I highly recommend LearnUpon to any training company serious about providing its customers with a superb eLearning experience. We invested heavily in developing stunning eLearning content and needed an LMS to match. After six months of trialing countless different systems I was losing hope of finding one, then I discovered LearnUpon and haven't looked back. I don't feel like I have just bought a product, I feel like I have entered into a partnership with a highly skilled, ambitious and professional team of LMS experts. They're a young, vibrant, ambitious team who definitely put their customers at the very centre of what they do. They understand that their customers aren't buying a system, they're buying a means for taking their eLearning products to market. I believe that you can only be as good as your worst supplier - since adopting the LearnUpon LMS our customers and their learners have gained much added value and overall a superb eLearning experience.

Pros: The perfect LMS for commercial training companies. Great customer portal functionality, with really smart branding and white labeling options that impress our clients and are easy to configure. The LearnUpon LMS is intuitive, versatile, smart and affordable. It has great exam and survey features; easy to build, great learner experience and with useful, detailed reporting with filter and export options. Content writing within the LMS is great; can easily add text, images, documents, videos and audio content, as well as very simple upload of SCORM content. The technical support is first class; immediate and very helpful. The eCommerce feature is really easy to setup up (just need a PayPal account) and provides a professional purchasing experience for our customers, with added features such as discount codes.

Cons: The few limitations of the system that I have fed back to LearnUpon have either been immediately addressed or are planned for imminent updates. LearnUpon are continuously developing the LMS, with new features released every few weeks. In their clear commitment to developing the product they really listen to any feedback and take immediate action to improve the product. LearnUpon are a small company in their infancy, which was a slight concern when signing up with them initially. I asked myself the question 'will they still be around in 5 years time?'. After some research, trialing the system and speaking with them I was left very comfortable in tying our future to theirs. In just a couple of years they have developed the very best LMS for training companies on the market and it's still getting better every month. I am very confident they were the right horse to back and I'm excited about the opportunities for our company from their continuous investment in the LMS.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2013
Nathan M.
Nathan M.
Director of Research and Development
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

"A Great Partner"

Comments: I would wholeheartedly recommend Learnupon as an LMS. They are a cost-effective and customer-responsive company with an excellent product.

Pros: There are two benefits to working with Learnupon. The first is the LMS itself. It is easy to use, has a number of very helpful automated features which save me time and effort, and it integrates well with my authored content. The second benefit is the Learnupon staff. They are available when needed and if there are any problems they quickly follow-up and get my problems taken care of.

Cons: One frustrating thing with any LMS is integration with authored content (e.g. storyline). With authored content sometimes you don't know why things aren't working. Early in my e-learning career, I had a lot of problems getting my authored content to work properly on Learnupon. With some help and coaching from Learnupon, I found that it was mostly the way I was building my projects and, with some restructuring, things are now working great. Learnupon has helped me work through my own learning curve.

Jodi B.
Risk Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"Learn Upon - Wonderful LMS and Customer Service!"

Comments: Customer Service is Awesome - we receive a prompt response to any question from our LearnUpon customer service rep and team, as well as friendly support and assistance throughout implementation of our employee training.

Pros: Our Learn Upon customer representative is fantastic, along with the entire customer service team. The LMS is extremely user friendly from the standpoint of creating courses, up-loading and customizing content. Our employee-related user issues have significantly decreased since switching to Learn Upon.

Cons: Can't really think of anything negative - any issues that are raised are immediately addressed.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Ruby N.
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"So happy we found LearnUpon!"

Pros: We like the clean look of the platform as well as the ability to customize many features for our clients. Our experience with LearnUpon has been great - LearnUpon is user-friendly, everyone I've interacted with on their team over the years has been very responsive and helpful, and we appreciate that they are continuously making feature updates and rolling out new options for their customers.

Cons: No real complaints but if I had to nit-pick, some of the default settings when we initially signed up limited the user experience but many of these small issues have since been updated and were a bit different from how an LMS is typically used.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2020
Senior Director Quality and Training
Translation & Localization, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016

"LaernUpon - great product, excellent customer service"

Comments: In an organisation with approx. 1000 employees an LMS was an essential part of our professional development program. The implementation was simple and live within 3 days. The UI is clean, intuitive and allows both users and administrators to focus on receiving and delivering content rather than figuring out how to navigate the system.
Within the first 5 months after implementation, 76% of our global team members undertook some training within LearnUpon and reaffirmed our organisation's serious commitment to training and developing talent.

Pros: Simple, clean UI
Intuitive
Unlimited and timely customer support
Cost effective
Progressive development (takes on customer feedback to make decisions on new features)
SSO integration

Cons: One or two features which would have been useful (eg integration with webex tools) but this is now on the roadmap

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016
Bridget D.
Documentation Manager
Computer Networking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2020

"Responsive Support and All the Features We Need"

Comments: LearnUpon was the right fit for our company's needs, the size of our organization, and the certifications we offer.

Pros: What I like most about LearnUpon is that it is a stable product.

Cons: Learning paths in LearnUpon are a bit cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2020
David E.
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2013

"Learn Upon - the best LMS for training providers"

Comments: 100% recommended. I really can't speak highly enough. For our education clients to be using this rather than their own moodle environment speaks volumes to me. Can't recommend it enough

Pros: It is designed for training providers who on-sell both training and managed services to their clients. Many of the features that make this possible are chargeable extras on most LMS platforms are free and built in on LearnUpon. Publishing courses couldn't be easier and adding documents to the course player has been more stable for us than using the functionality within Articulate. We have Universities and a Local Authority that has migrated learning over to our LearnUpon platform so and they are absolutely delighted The quality of customer support is outstanding The frequency of well thought out updates is also impressive. These guys have great vision and really savvy technical skills. The ability to add custom data fields for mass importing saves so much time as we can sync reports with our customers standard systems. I have used dozens of LMS systems and this is the best by a country mile.

Cons: None as yet I would like to see standardised API outputs and I know that this is on the development plan for 2-13

• Reviewed on 17/05/2013
Kayla C.
Talent Administrator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2019

"LMS Extraordinare!"

Comments: LearnUpon has allowed us to provide options for ILT sessions, taking administration off of the learning team to focus on strategy and design. In addition, LearnUpon puts learning in the hands of the learner!

Pros: This learning system allows for a lot of flexibility in the way it is designed. You are able to setup eLearning, webinars, videos, readings, podcasts / audio, ILT sessions and more! I think the functionality is still growing, but will be maintained in that only relevant features that we need will be added. The LearnUpon team has a great roadmap for development that clearly is based on customer needs for social learning. I think this modern LMS is a strong tool for those interested in implementing an LMS to support their learners' needs.

Cons: Although the menus are easy to get used to, it is not immediately simple to find for new users. Setting up management reporting relationships can be difficult in this system.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2019
James W.
IT Support Specalist
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2014

"LearnUpon is a great company to do business with"

Comments: LearnUpon is a great company to do business with. They are very responsive to our needs. We had an issue where we had to import several hundred questions into their LMS. They built a custom solution for us that saved us hundreds of man-hours. They also built a custom report that allowed us to import LearnUpon score data into our CRM database. The customer service is outstanding. Whenever I submitted a trouble ticket I usually had a response the same day. The people at LearnUpon made our transition to their LMS problem free.
The LearnUpon LMS is pretty robust. The biggest pro here is that it is easy to create content. Uploading pdf files, powerpoint presentations, and videos is a snap and the editor is quite powerful. You have a lot of freedom to determine how your content is presented. The only con with this LMS is the way the User Interface, UI, handles disabled features. If you don't have a feature enabled then all the functionality for that feature disappears from the UI. This simplifies the UI somewhat, but it can cause some confusion when a user wants to do something and the feature has disappeared.
As far as the overall impression of the LMS the pros far out weigh the cons. This is a very powerful, and easy to use LMS system. The people at LearnUpon have been willing to work with us to solve our urgent LMS business needs. They have been tremendous asset for us.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2014
Jess S.
Archivist
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Great way to train"

Pros: Learn Upon is a software that I would recommend for training a team of individuals in a way that is tailored to their schedules.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Chris S.
Chris S.
LMS/elearning Specialist
Sports, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2019

"Wonderful product and customer service"

Comments: We have a LOT of users that access our certification courses in LearnUpon. Some days we have over 1000 users logging in. This was a big undertaking for our company to switch our LMS provider. To be honest, the implementation and subsequent usage of LearnUpon could not have gone smoother due to the customer service response and the step by step collaboration they provided for us. This was a very seamless and efficient experience for USA Football.

Pros: The best part of this software is the customer service. I have used several LMS products in my career and, while LearnUpon is very user friendly and has many helpful options, the learning curve for implementation and use was made very easy with the customer support team.

Cons: The parts that were least likable about this software was perhaps the limited ability to change default settings. However, it appears that LearnUpon has taken this into account and are now working on some updates to the software that better align with our needs.

Brenna Z.
Brenna Z.
Client Education & Training Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"Admin-Friendly Platform with Great Customer Support"

Comments: With a tight timeline to move off of our previous platform, we found the LearnUpon team to be extremely accommodating. Our onboarding & implementation specialist went above and beyond to dedicate additional training and support hours for our team, and helped us get up-and-running on the platform in record time. Their technical support team is extremely responsive and helpful, as is our dedicated CSM. While the platform itself may not be the most robust in the LMS space, I find their UI to be very clean, easy to navigate, and has all of the standard functionality that any good LMS should. This is a great platform for L&D professionals that are just getting started with an e-learning training program, and/or platform Admins that don't want to get bogged down with regular backend LMS maintenance.

Pros: The LearnUpon platform is very easy to get started on; we had a quick turnaround to make from our previous vendor platform, and were able to get up-and-running in less than three weeks. Their multi-portal capabilities have made it fairly easy to manage our customer, employee, and partner training programs on one platform, while still being able to create unique learning experiences for our three audiences. Their Salesforce integration allows for automated user management (which is especially value to smaller enablement teams like ours), and has given us the ability to create fairly robust Salesforce reports and dashboards based on learner activity. Customer support is, by far, one of the biggest advantages to working with LearnUpon. We've had a fantastic sales and onboarding experience, and their CSM and their technical support teams are extremely responsive and thorough. The UI itself is very clean and modern, and I find it to be fairly user-friendly from a learner perspective.

Cons: The capabilities of "Manager"-level users (a permission set that sits between and Admin and a Learner) are a bit limited. The learning path user experience is not the best, but is something that is on their product roadmap to improve. Not necessarily a drawback for us, but the platform UI is not customizable beyond branding and colors, and some additional settings that can be toggled on and off (like gamification, for example), so if you're looking for a platform that is highly customizable, this probably isn't a good fit for you.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2020
Philip W.
Vice President, Enterprise Learning
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2019

"Intuitive, Aesthetic & Economical Solution with Rock Star Cx Support"

Comments: When evaluating solutions, the LearnUpon sales team was responsive from day 1 -- you sometimes have sales teams who show up and read you their demo script, but LU showed up to listen first, and ask questions, and then demo how they could meet our needs. The trial version gave us an opportunity to test out branding and functionality requirements. Branding the trial portal to reflect our corporate look and feel was a slam dunk, took maybe 1 hour max. In fact we were able to go live with no additional portal branding effort, and our company maintains a high aesthetic bar. In the full version we spent time designing all aspects of the portal exactly how we wanted them. There's enough granularity to meet our need without the pointless option overload that so often can sacrifice intuitive usability. Our dedicated Customer Success Manager was ready, willing, and able to offer suggestions, take questions back to the team, and help us push the solution to maximum value. (I've worked with the LMS "big guys" too, who keep you on hold for 20 min to answer a simple question and dole out onboarding support by the spoonful -- LearnUpon always makes me feel like I'm one IN a million, never of of the million). Setting up SSO was a breeze with our Confluence gateway. We launched in April and are growing client users by about 10% a week. I honestly can't say enough good stuff about LearnUpon's customer support ethic. They "get" it.

Pros: Excellent blend of intuitive aesthetic design and functionality -- LU works the way we need it to work, as we partition projects across portals and clients into self-contained user groups. We're able to maintain our brand presence for clients, meet our organizational goals and our customers' needs effectively -- with little to no compromise on our vision. On top of this, LU customer support is the best in the business.

Cons: There's not much to not like about LearnUpon. The system continues to mature and improve incrementally with each release. More attention could (and is) being paid to Reporting capabilities. Functionality to nest Groups would also be helpful, or minimally the ability to copy an existing Group.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2019
Jeanette S.
Jeanette S.
Consultant and Trainer
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2019

"Easy for all with consistently responsive customer service"

Comments: An excellent addition to the business that has freed up staff time for coaching activities, streamlined the training function and enabled us to deliver a more comprehensive supported learning pathway for a remotely based network of staff.

Pros: It is quick and easy to develop content without the need for complex software and programmers. Our interactive courses achieve 5 star reviews simply using the tools provided with the system. All of our candidates, which now number in the hundreds, are able to navigate the system and complete our courses on a wide range of devices. We were concerned that candidates would need technical support we would be unable to deliver. We did not need to worry, technical queries for candidates have been almost non existent. The small number raised by our administrators and course developers have been answered and resolved quickly thanks to LearnUpon’s fantastic team.

Cons: There isn’t anything we don’t like. More tools to help non developers create interactive courses would always be helpful in future developments to help us keep creating. One observation, the current pricing could divert small businesses from dipping their toe which would be a shame given they are the businesses that can most benefit from such a user friendly tool that doesn’t require an army of expensive developers, programmers and in-house computer experts.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2019
Lindsay M.
Course Developer
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2019

"LearnUpon LMS.......No need to look any further!!!"

Comments: My overall experience with LearnUpon has been absolutely wonderful! And, I'm not just saying this.......my statement is based on 4+ years using the software. Solid, reliable, user-friendly software, a team that truly listens to their customers and makes changes based on that listening, and excellent customer service. I can't ask for much more than that! Signing up with LearnUpon is a no-brainer. If you're wavering, don't! You'll be in good hands!

Pros: LearnUpon as a software and company is top notch! The software meets all of our needs and then some. And, to make things even better their customer service is fantastic (think Ritz Carlton customer service). If LearnUpon checks all your boxes and will meet your needs, then go with them! You won't be disappointed.

Cons: The thing I liked (past tense) least is the customer experience when a customer had a login in on another portal in the larger LearnUpon ecosystem and then would sign up for our courses. However, I provided feedback to LearnUpon and they implemented an upgrade to fix this. Wow!! Top notch customer service coupled with a great software! The company listens to their customers and responds, implementing upgrades to meet their LearnUpon users needs. This has happened multiple times to me :) Kuddos to LearnUpon!

• Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Sharon D.
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2020

"Best LMS Hands Down"

Comments: This LMS offers me a method of creating and sharing my courses with my clients and others. My business would not be where it is today, without LearnUpon.

Pros: I have been working with the folks at LearnUpon for almost 6 years. As an Administrator responsible for managing and branding my learning portal as well as developing customized courses for clients, I cannot say enough good things about it. The staff are incredibly quick to respond, are clear with their responses and want to be of assistance. They score a 10 every time with their customer service. I have watched this LMS grow from good to great over the years with new features being added constantly. Today, it is a robust LMS with every single feature I could want (and frankly a lot more than I use). Developing courses is easy and I'm able to produce professional looking courses, easily, This is important because I do not have a technology background and though I'm a reasonably quick study, I needed an LMS that didn't require a computer science degree to navigate! The reliability of this LMS, the ease of its use and navigation, as well as the fact that I almost never get calls from my clients with "systems issues", makes this an absolutely outstanding product. I also love the LearnUpon University tutorial option. I could not be happier.

Cons: There are none that I can think of. I absolutely love this LMS and the people who stand behind it.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2020
Stephen G.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2019

"Great product backed by a super team of people!"

Comments: We were one of the early clients and the one factor that consistently keeps us using the platform, above all else, is the fact the level of service from day one (when LearnUpon was only starting out) was amazing. As they have grown to become a leader in the LMS space, that level of service has never changed.

Pros: We have both used and engaged (via clients) with a broad range of LMS products. The LearnUpon solution is by far one of the easiest and effective solutions we have come across. They are constantly looking to increase functionality and in my opinion are working at the edge of the latest developments in LMS solutions.

Cons: Honestly very little! I would like more flexibility around messaging as we deal with both the B2B market and also the B2C. The latter requires more frequency around messaging but we have found simple solutions to work alongside the LearnUpon platform.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2019
Mo Q.
Education Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2015

"The best LMS for our needs"

Comments: We went with LearnUpon after doing extensive research. They came up top in terms of value for money, having the features we needed, user-friendliness and support. I was concerned that it was too good to be true having had disappointing experiences with LMS's in the past which promise the world then deliver much less than what we expected. With LearnUpon the interface is extremely user-friendly and allows you to upload anything you need whether that be a SCORM module, PDF, video, pictures etc.. The best part is you can customise everything at any time on your own for no cost. If you want to change a banner, welcome message, course description, sign-in screen or store details; you can do so immediately without putting in a build request and waiting for support to get back to you. If you do need support they are always happy to help and guide you every step of the way. We also had to transfer thousands of enrollments from our previous LMS and I had concerns about the transition. The support team at LearnUpon went out of its way to meet our requirements and the few custom builds we required were handled brilliantly with little fuss and at very reasonable rates. They provide extra features we actually use like multi-language platform support, batch uploads and detailed custom reports. With LearnUpon we received an excellent product, within budget and with excellent support along the way. I couldn't be happier with our decision to select them as our LMS.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2015
Ewa K.
Inside Sales Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Easy to use & flexible to implement across multi-functional company"

Comments: Uniformity of training across all business units - same message and materials are delivered to all learners at the same time

Pros: LearnUpon is very intuitive for both administrator and the learner.
It provides great options for providing training/learning materials without being overwheliming with bells and whitles.

Cons: Many options that I have not been able to explore and use!
It is not a con... I need more time to learn about LU to its fullest capacity.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Brian C.
Online Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2013

"Outstanding LMS."

Comments: Pros : Easy to use, intuitive, reliable LMS at a great price. Excellent customer service. Extremely courteous and accommodating. Incredible technical support. Course creation doesn't get any easier. Great reporting functions. Constantly updated with the latest market trends and developments. Catered to our needs perfectly. Cons : Any initial minor issues that we encountered were quickly addressed and solved for us. Overall : When starting up an online education business, finding the right Learning Management System is the crucial first step. Having trialled numerous LMS systems, I was beginning to feel that we would have to take the plunge and build an extremely costly personalised system. I then came across LearnUpon and was blown away with its ease of use, great features, great personal service, and extremely competitive pricing. From the first time that I logged in, I knew that I had found the ideal LMS solution and haven't looked back since. Highly recommended Learning Management System. Intuitive and affordable, with a great team behind it. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to deliver online courses.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2013
Charles C.
IT Technician
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2014

"A constantly evolving simple and cost effective LMS with a second to none support team"

Comments: After reviewing three alternative LMS systems and chatting to each provider LearnUpon stood out from the crowd immediately. LearnUpon is simple to use, quick to configure, highly cost effective and scalable to your business needs, you can tailor your subscription level up or down with the needs of the business. Another element I liked about LearnUpon is the constant development and openness to embrace customer feedback to improve the product towards the customers needs. LearnUpon really is a fantastic product and I would recommend it to anyone - before our journey in finding an LMS provider I had no knowledge or expertise in training and now feel competent in the knowledge, support and experience LearnUpon has brought to us here at THMG. Brendan provided a fantastic overview and went above and beyond to answer all of our questions before we agreed to run a trial. Even throughout our trial period Brendan and the LearnUpon team couldn't do enough and the quality, support and level of customer service really is unbeatable and like nothing I have experienced before. Thanks Team LearnUpon!

• Reviewed on 10/11/2014
Timothy G.
Safety and Fleet
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2021

"Decent Training Tool"

Pros: It is pretty comprehensive and it is nice to be able to track all stages of the process.

Cons: It is not the most intuitive software and can be a little murky to navigate while you are learning it.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2021
Head of People
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"Easy to use, easy to administer, regardless of the size of employee base."

Comments: Quick and easy administration and reporting. LearnUpon also appear to welcome and act upon client feedback and improve their product accordingly.

Pros: The dashboard! I love when an online resource that has lots of functionality provides a dashboard with quick and easy links to the tasks that you typically perform the most. We currently only use a relatively small amount of LearnUpon's functionality so it's great not to have to trawl through all the admin settings to get things done. The reporting is also very useful and easy to navigate.

Cons: I honestly don't have any major issues with the software. In terms of categorising users, I'd like to be able to archive users so I can only see active employees, but I understand why the software presents all users initially.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2018
Genevieve M.
HR Clerk
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2015

"Learn Upon"

Comments: This is my first time working with LearnUpon and I really enjoy all its features and the individuals who work with it. I have had the pleasure of speaking with Des a couple times (typically when I am experiencing human error issues) and he is always very polite and helps me work out whatever the issue is or sends me to another individual who's specialty is what I am dealing with. I have also talked with Carrie and went through all the cool little things you can do on LearnUpon and it really helped me develop the site more for the company and have people really enjoy taking courses (more than before). There are so many awesome features on this program and now that we are able to access it on our phones (via app) it is awesome. I feel the app is just way more convenient for those who are constantly moving or busy. I look forward to more developments from LearnUpon. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 22/04/2015