• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.5 /5

About Miro

The #1 online collaborative whiteboard platform where teams get work done.

Learn more about Miro

Remco B.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2021

"An enhanced digital whiteboard with the freedom of a whiteboard allowing you to do so much more."

Comments: Planning and organizing, decision making, collaboration, brainstorming. I finally have a planning tool that works for me.

Pros: I've looked far and white for methods to do my project planning and tracking. Using the visuals Miro offers me is beyond anything i have found thus far. I finally get my plans in order and get more things done. Both for myself as for my team. Use it heavily to visualize dependencies, use size to signal importance, colors for status (to do-working-done) and use tags to mark technical debt. Zoom out to have the bigger picture like the decision trees, guiding principles. Zoom in and find the details for the daily job, mark your technical debt and more.

Cons: Because the interface doesn't get in your way, starting might be a little hard. I've had no problem with this myself, but found colleagues requiring some time to master Miro.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2021
BDM
Financial Services Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"Growth, VC funding & re-branding cause my love affair with Miro (Realtimeboard) to end"

Comments: I had an initial love affair with Realtimeboard and had a subscription since 2016/17. Growth and then VC funding last year together with the re-branding debacle are forcing me to re-think that love. It's been unrequited for the last while. :-( NPS scores

Pros: Easy to use, excellent real-time capabilities

Cons: Poor customer support & dishonesty. The change to Miro saw them stiff paid Premium users of Realtimeboard and not honour the remainder of their subscriptions
Slow pace of feature development
No offline capabilities

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Jack D.
Student
Design, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2021

"Teams experience"

Comments: Overall really positive its made collaboration on design projects while working remotely a breeze. Almost good enough to replace F2F if i'm honest. I've recommended Miro to a few people think it would be great if it integrated with MS teams too in an ideal world but even still a great stand-alone tool.

Pros: Love the tools available overall. So easy to get started on a design project and collaboration is slick and painless. Also a little detail i like is that when you paste a link onto a board it appears as a little window instead of just a messy link, really nice little detail.

Cons: The whole teams system could do with a change. Its very messy at the moment, especially using the free version when you can only edit 3 boards in a team at once. Who owns boards isn't always obvious and it seems like the Just Me section isnt working properly (for me at least) as I am seeing everybody's boards instead of just my own

• Reviewed on 14/04/2021
A private tutor
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"The best organizer"

Comments: I keep all my visual materials in one place and have a possibility to share it with my students, collaborate with them, add unlimited amounts of notes and I have no need to care about how to save this stuff, how to find, how to export separate parts of my work. It's great!

Pros: Miro is intuitive, I spent a couple of minutes to navigate and simply started working. The unlimited canvas is the most thrilling feature of the app. I have finally had a tool to organize all my stuff, all in one place.

Cons: I haven't found any substantial drawbacks in Miro which prevented me from using it efficiently.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2020
Suhailah S.
Administrative Assistant
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2021

"Miro upgrade discussion session on the next level"

Pros: My team and I often using Miro as our visual aids when we are online discussing on project or planning a project flows, as it has a digital whiteboard that work very well. The participant can collaborate on the whiteboard to add input or draw on it for something that are hard to explain by words.

Cons: It will be vary bad if someone accidentally delete the canvas or the whiteboard as everyone that has access on the canvas will also has a permission to delete it. There are not option to recover the canvas back and we had to start everything from the start if it does happen.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2021
UX Designer
Design, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Miro (aka realtime board) is great for collaboration and as a project management tool"

Comments: I use Miro daily as a UX designer for documenting different flowcharts

Pros: I love that you can collaborate on projects in realtime with Miro and see what the other users are doing on the screen at the same time as you. Their templates are awesome as well, along with their interface being aesthetically pleasing, it's one of my favorite tools I use as a designer.

Cons: I don't really have any negative comments or thoughts about Miro. I don't know why they changed their name from Realtimeboard as I think that moreso explains what they offer. I feel that Miro is supposed to be some kind of hip brand realignment, but doesn't explain what they offer. The name change doesn't really bother me, I was just surprised when it happened without warning.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Vinicius A.
Designer
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2019

"Enhanced canvases"

Comments: I was introduced at Miro by a colleague in a workshop, we started using in a group of five people e build a roadmap for a project together, we have use it even when we are not together in class because of the remote function. And it was clear to me that it is an essential app for planning steps.

Pros: Responsive and beautiful. It's not only visually pleasing, it's the best app to do personalized boards and diagrams.o
Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app.
The app focuses on real-time collaborative work, great for remote teams. The canvas has different kind of templates like: diagrams, mind maps, workflow board, etc. Which makes it much easier to create according to the desired visualization for each type of work. Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app. A diversity of integrations with major work tools, Google, Trello and Slack are my favorites

Cons: The mobile version performs smooth, but works only for visualization, I can't even delete a template. The app is very functional and good to use but also has some limited features compared to the web version. I can't leave a project to create a new personal template. Which forced me to create a new account with another email.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2019
Head of Product
Events Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2019

"Simply the best collaboration tool out there"

Comments: I've joined a new company and have been using a board to gather thoughts, data, ideas and slowly growing and maturing my view on the problem I'm looking to solve into a mini presentation using the 'frames' features. It's just so darned versatile, I love it.

Pros: Works across all your devices. Super simple to get started, but with enough depth to get intricate and detailed. Ability to import and save screenshots, pdfs and presentations. The ever growing list of templates are fantastic to structure thoughts.

Cons: The file size limit on individual images uploaded to your board isn't big enough to accommodate larger images - but resizing the image makes that possible so no biggie. Sometimes snapping to elements can be helpful, other times it's annoying.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2019
Manasa M.
Student
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2021

"Ease of use"

Comments: Astounding

Pros: Steep learning curve
Feel at home instantly
Get the feeling of using physical post-its

Cons: None. Everything is perfect. Although I find scrolling and zooming in and out in mural a bit better.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2021
Brad H.
Marketing Director & Sales
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"A Time and Paper Saver for Laying Out Your Screenplay!"

Pros: There are so many, but the real-time collaboration is a huge one for my partners and myself. Also the ability to print specific frames to pdf is convenient. Traditionally screenwriters use note cards on a cork board to layout an outline. This makes it easy to move scenes around and to see the project as a whole. RealtimeBoard has completely replaced that for my partner and I since we live in two different cities. We have planned all of our scripts for the last few years this way and it works great. Another nice benefit is the ability to add images and media directly inside the board, this is great for reference materials.

Cons: I'm not sure that I can think of any cons honestly. The only thing would be that you're limited to 3 boards per person on the free plan, which has become a pain the more I use it. I guess I'll need to upgrade soon!

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
Senior UX Designer
Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2021

"Simple but powerful"

Comments: It’s been a pleasure to be able to share a link to a Miro board and bring together a group of collaborators for a brainstorming or work session. When inviting new users to a board there’s very little introduction to the tools functionality necessary, it’s that intuitive for most.

Pros: A great mix of powerful functionality, but without a big learning curve. Easy to setup and quickly collaborate with others. Provides access to a bunch of templates or start with a blank canvas. Speaking of canvas, it provides a near infinite canvas to bring your ideas together.

Cons: This is not a tool to produce final deliverables, rather, it’s a tool to quickly throw images, diagrams, stickies, data grids and more together to generate or document ideas.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2021
Change and Projects Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2021

"Planning session"

Comments: It's a great collaboration tool with lots of flexibility.

Pros: It includes many different templates or you can create ones yourself.
It's the best option if you can't do a planning session in person.

Cons: I couldn't find the prefect template, but it was easy enough to make changes to an existing one.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2021
Luke F.
Video Journalist
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2018

"An absolute joy to use"

Comments: Really helps our largely remote team collaborate in so many different ways, in a really fun, creative and productive way. We co-created our business plan on RTB. We use it for gathering newspaper clippings relevant to our startup. I wireframe our app in it. My colleague built the skeleton for our investment deck in this.. it's great for so many things beyond brainstorms.

Pros: Very advanced - tons of control, so many features; all useful. Very fast and reliable and addictive. Beautifully engineered, easy to use. Boards can be made public so anyone can comment without logging in, if you want.

Cons: I miss one feature compared to Stormboard which we used before (and is now hugely inferior) which is 'substorms' (which were effectively a board 'inside' a post it note; great for deep diving into a big idea) otherwise, very hard to fault RTB!

• Reviewed on 24/02/2018
Danilo N.
Engenheiro de software
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Great online experience"

Comments: Great experience, with really good design and almost perfect sensation of a physical board.

Pros: The design and usability are very good, it's like you are on a physical kanban board and its post-it's. The tags are very useful and you can see all people that are on the board in realtime. The feeling of amplitude is a well-thinking feature too because it emulates the reality in a handy way.

Cons: When you first access it, the guided walkthrough is very persistent and boring. I had to dismiss it at least 4 times.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Enterprise Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Perfect Visualization software"

Comments: I really like using the pre-built templates for different type of internal of process boards I am trying to create. I also find it to be a very useful solution when meeting with customers. It presents a shared visual that I can share during customer meetings.

Pros: As spectacular as the visuals you can create in Miro, to me it starts with something more simple, the ability to chose from a library of template views to create the perfect visualization.

Cons: My only nitpick, and it is minor, is that for new users some of the functionality when creating boards can be overwhelming. It has taken me a while to pick up some of the basics when it comes to formatting and creating the elements of a board

• Reviewed on 11/12/2019
Boris B.
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2021

"Ideal for brainstorming"

Comments: Really nice and useful tool for remote teams. Saved us a lot of time.

Pros: Miro allows for interactive collaboration and brainstorming in a way very few tools offer. We use it quite often in all departments.

Cons: Miro can get slow very quickly not to mention processor hungry at times :) Optimization for this would be really great.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2021
Account Manager
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"The best collaboration tool ever"

Pros: It makes your visual brainstorming, strategizing, designing and planning so convenient. You don't feel the barrier of using a software. It was genuinely and carefully crafted and built for humans

Cons: I really don't see any cons. I've tried many alternative apps and they don't even come near the quality and features Realtime board have

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Myrian M.
Innovation designer
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2018

"Amazing tool great to work remotly"

Comments: Its an awesome tool !

Pros: You don't need much to understand how to use so Its really helpful when you are adding new teammates to a project.
Really flexible, aside from having a bunch of really cool templates that can help you get started it is a really flexible tool.

Cons: Maybe a bit hard to understand zoom and how small or big things should and can be.
A on-boarding or "read this first" might be helpfull feature to let teams know what relevant now

• Reviewed on 30/08/2018
Jesus V.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2019

"Miro review"

Comments: I like to use MIRO to map out my activity's on my daily basis, really easy to use, really easy to sign up, user-friendly environment.

Pros: User friendly
Very handy
Very useful for planning your day to day
Powerful application to map out problem solving methods

Cons: If you don't lock the sticker or frames, you can mess it up
The copy and paste process for images take so long occasionally
I cannot drag complete frames with posts stuck on it

• Reviewed on 26/08/2019
Rita R.
ux designer
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Best collaboration tool"

Comments: Miro is my main daily collaboration and design tool

Pros: What I like most about Miro is the constant updates. The miro team is constantly concerned with bringing relevant features to allow online collaboration. My main tools are public sharing and workshop tools such as timer and voting.

Cons: The only thing I found confusing at first was sharing the boards so as not to generate extra charges

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Carlos A.
CPO
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Simple to Use"

Comments: As a Collaboration tool is amazing. We replace documents for specs on Miro with all screens of our app and organize demands too. It's really simple to use.

Pros: - Simple to use

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Julie P.
Director Business Development
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2021

"Miro is a great online visual collaboration tool"

Pros: Due to the pandemic, part of our team is working remotely and we had to adapt our workflow. We are now using Miro as a visual collaboration tool and it's working really good.

Cons: The notification needs to be improve as we do not get all of them.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2021
Penelope C.
Senior Product Owner
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"My colleagues and I LOVE this tool"

Pros: It's so easy to use—engaging, intuitive... so enjoyable that I've ended up using it for just about everything. And now all my colleagues, my team and my colleagues' teams are wanting to use it as well.

Cons: I would love to see some of the UML diagramming templates and shapes in there, was surprised they weren't there, but sure they will be soon.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Mal P.
Sales Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2020

"Great as a shared design workspace + tool for presentation"

Comments: Miro is a great tool for designers to all work in the same space while working remotely (during COVID-19 this is a must).

Pros: Miro's free version has been more than adequate to meet my team's needs which gives it an A in my book. Presentation/collaborative software often has many limitations, but for what we needed (collaborative workspace, easy to upload files, easy to share notes/annotate, and easy to to follow other people as they move through the workspace) it definitely delivered.

Cons: Exporting/downloading boards isn't great (in the free version) - they are low-res. We got around this problem by recreating them in other software, but it was an extra amount of unnecessary work.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2020
Debjit B.
Freelancer
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"Sticky notes go digital in a good way."

Pros: Yes, it reminds me and my team was using sticky notes throughout all boards, it is just digital port of it. I like how they are trying to make this board so familiar which pays off.
I feel comfortable with the UI, and with a template, it is fast to start. All the templates are just in front of me it is easy to start.
Let's start tutorial is popped up when I opened a template with the video tutorial. Which is just so handy to have.

Cons: I prefer more like board UI then this. So, if I have to add another "Do it later" field I have to see the manual and do it manually. there is no selecting/duplicating the whole collum, which is a pain. Customise needed more features.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2019