• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Miro

The #1 online collaborative whiteboard platform where teams get work done.

Learn more about Miro

Veljko Z.
Lead Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting thoughts"

Comments: We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros: It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to.
The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool.
Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

Cons: The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc.
What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Predrag S.
Owner/consultant
International Trade & Development, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2020

"Consultant using Consultant plan"

Comments: I've join Miro in order to collaborate with my clients online, but it over exceed my expectations and Miro became my daily companion in brainstorming my own ideas. Sometimes, during my mapping, I forget that I'm working on the screen instead of real wall.

Pros: Graphic solution for sticky notes is almost perfect and realistic it is pleasure working in Miro Boards.
Shared screen does exactly what is promised, my clients just have to click on the emailed link in order to join my board.
Video and voice options related to mapping software are probably the best value for money at the moment on the market.

Cons: Blurred view when is zoomed out and turned the image into an aerial view, to be more precise, I have to zoom in to the sticky particular sticky notes in order not to be blurred view which makes concentration high on the board instead on the idea which is discussing among the participants.
I'm not the happiest about the solution for lining up sticky notes, the Lucidchart offers somehow better solution.
There could be a template for House of Quality or QFD with formulas, I would pay some extra penny :)

• Reviewed on 21/12/2020
A private tutor
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"The best organizer"

Comments: I keep all my visual materials in one place and have a possibility to share it with my students, collaborate with them, add unlimited amounts of notes and I have no need to care about how to save this stuff, how to find, how to export separate parts of my work. It's great!

Pros: Miro is intuitive, I spent a couple of minutes to navigate and simply started working. The unlimited canvas is the most thrilling feature of the app. I have finally had a tool to organize all my stuff, all in one place.

Cons: I haven't found any substantial drawbacks in Miro which prevented me from using it efficiently.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2020
CTO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2020

"The missing piece for remote"

Pros: They covered a missing piece in my remote tool stack: the whiteboard. Until Miro, I did not find a suitable alternative to the deliberative process that happens in front of a whiteboard. While that will probably never be completely substituted, Miro adds a few features on top of that that are actually very powerful.

Cons: The inability to read the whiteboards offline in the apps.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2020
CTO
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"The best in shared whiteboards"

Comments: Great for whiteboarding but the click bait to get you into using more features definitely distracts from getting the most out of that feature.

Pros: As a shared whiteboard tool for the remote era, it is awesome. It has the tools and templates to get the job done.
It has some other tools you didn't know you needed to go with the whiteboarding, these will differ by team.

Cons: Beyond the basic whiteboarding, it is a jack of all trades and master of none. There is way too much functionality (issue tracking, project management etc) that most people have some other software that both does the job better and integrates with their other systems. These other pieces of functionality aren't easy to turn off, leading to many conflicting uses of the system, and overly busy UI. Also they are clearly distracting the development teams from adding the more immediately useful features. Don't try and do too many things. Focus on what you are good at.
Change reporting is way too limited to be useful.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2021
Matt C.
Senior Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2020

"Miro is Awesome!"

Comments: The experience has been awesome. We have used it to drive collaboration in conjunction with a virtual meeting tool to seamlessly whiteboard, just like we would have in a physical office space. Miro has an immense amount of flexibility and is open-ended in it's approach to being a whiteboard tool, just like you would hope. Templates offer some starting points but are easy to build on and customize. It has been no problem operating Miro with 20 users at once, jumping between multiple boards and everyone actively collaborating/creating content at the same time. It's a near-perfect physical whiteboard replacement for an increasingly virtual work world.

Pros: Miro is the BEST virtual white boarding tool. It is so easy to collaborate with colleagues using the virtual post-it notes and visual charting tools. When using Miro, I almost forget that we are virtual and I never find myself wishing we were in person. One of my favorite features is the ability to see everyone else's cursor, so I know exactly where someone is looking and contributing. It ensures no one is duplicating efforts or overwriting someone else's work. The tool is seamless and well-built for a virtual world.

Cons: The biggest downfall I've experienced is when the boards get large. Big boards lead to increased lag time, especially when trying to work with a large group of collaborators. When visuals get imported and complex charts or diagrams are used, the tool seems to get overloaded. It will sometimes even freeze for a few seconds. While these issues are generally far and few between, they are worth noting. Uploading of images also seems slow compared to other SAAS tools.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2020
Randy E.
Experience Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2020

"Essential tool for creative collaboration remotely"

Comments: I'm basically doing workshop brainstorming, process mapping, and similar that I would have previously done on a white board or easel sheets in Miro. There are a couple of unforeseen benefits to this:
- The results are much neater than live sessions
- It's easier to create report-ready output (this was always a tedious aspect of traditional methods).
- It's enabled me to create more visual presentation of many aspects of my work that I had not before. (their template library helps with this as well).

Pros: My team does a lot of user research and design - which is incredibly difficult to do without collaboration - traditionally in a conference room with a whiteboard, post-it notes, markers, easel pads, etc. I was seriously worried about how we would be able to do this effectively in a pandemic all working remotely. Miro has been tremendously helpful in facilitating such remote yet collaborative, creative workshop sessions. No tool will overcome all the challenges associated with that, but my team has learned how to leverage Miro to make these online workshops much more effective than they would have been without. We didn't search for a tool like Miro until the pandemic, but now I use it for so many things I can't imagine giving it up whenever things return to "normal."

Cons: Some aspects of the interface and using it I don't find intuitive. For all the hours I've used it now, I still get tripped up once in a while in what I consider some 'clumsy' interface decisions.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2020
UX Designer
Design, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Miro (aka realtime board) is great for collaboration and as a project management tool"

Comments: I use Miro daily as a UX designer for documenting different flowcharts

Pros: I love that you can collaborate on projects in realtime with Miro and see what the other users are doing on the screen at the same time as you. Their templates are awesome as well, along with their interface being aesthetically pleasing, it's one of my favorite tools I use as a designer.

Cons: I don't really have any negative comments or thoughts about Miro. I don't know why they changed their name from Realtimeboard as I think that moreso explains what they offer. I feel that Miro is supposed to be some kind of hip brand realignment, but doesn't explain what they offer. The name change doesn't really bother me, I was just surprised when it happened without warning.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Max S.
Director, Customer Success
  • Reviewed on 29/02/2020

"Awesome tool to visualize your concepts"

Comments: It's awesome! Great tool, one really needs to visualize complex concepts, processes and structures.
We used it to create MVP of trainings, manage our Product team roadmap, design R&D processes and many-many more other difficult-to-tackle projects.

Pros: - Ease of use is stunning. It's so cool how native is your experience with the editor - they detect the touchpad and optimize editing for that. Awesome!
- Pre-built templates helps to start conceptualize, instead of bothering with bells and whistles of graphics
- The endless board is amazing - you can keep lots of stuff in different forms (mind maps, hierarchies, Customer Journeys) that is related to the same thing together.

Cons: - Sometimes "clever" positioning of elements works not in the way I would expect, but I guess it's something I just haven't got used to. I suppose it's rather minor inconvenience.
- Guys, you have to do something with your onboarding - it's way to annoying for people, who just logged in to view the board someone invited them to. I would need to click away from 3 pop-ups to just see the board. If you manage to fix it - your tool will be perfect!

• Reviewed on 29/02/2020
Yan C.
UX Designer
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2019

"Great product"

Comments: My company hasn't fitted the bill to have Realtimenboard (RTB) work with our Atlassian suite, so I won't know the full extent of what this interaction looks like. We use links to reference disparate applications. So while this isn't a con, it is a reality that a lot of us find workarounds for. For example, I use Sketch to create static prototypes and on the first page I create an art board for a workflow. Depending on the depth of the workflow and the number of licenses available for our company on RTB, I will opt to create my flowchart within the native Sketch application. Doing workflows within Sketch is cumbersome and not ideal :(

Pros: I primarily use this for creating workflows and Sprint Design Meetings. The versatility in the tool is very handy and the potential for this application to integrate with others is very handy.

Cons: I had some trouble trying to figure out the hierarchy within Realtimeboard (RTB). Such as the relationship with the nomenclature of "Team", "Project", "Board". Another scenario I spent time wondering about was, what is the ideal scenario was for archived boards? There are other small things I would like to see different, but I don't know if this is because I'm not a super user or if my concerns are valid.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Michael A.
Design Lead
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"It's currently the best on the market!"

Comments: Miro is simply an interactive virtual white board! But you can do SO MUCH with it. From journeys to analysis to creating workshop templates. You can do whatever's in your head. And you can do it quicker and easier than anything else out there. Seriously stop reading this and try the free version, you'll see!

Pros: It's super easy to use, and really quick to pick up. It makes doing this type of work effortless and in a fraction of the time. Also you can collaborate within seconds.

Cons: The pricing model is a bit squiffy and not easy to understand.
When you start an account it's confusing that it's not YOUR board but a team board, this has tripped me up a few times.
On the free version the pdf export functionality is so bad it would be better not to offer it all. NO experience is better than a bad experience.
(NOTE all these pale in comparison to how good the product is though!!!)

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019
Brad H.
Marketing Director & Sales
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"A Time and Paper Saver for Laying Out Your Screenplay!"

Pros: There are so many, but the real-time collaboration is a huge one for my partners and myself. Also the ability to print specific frames to pdf is convenient. Traditionally screenwriters use note cards on a cork board to layout an outline. This makes it easy to move scenes around and to see the project as a whole. RealtimeBoard has completely replaced that for my partner and I since we live in two different cities. We have planned all of our scripts for the last few years this way and it works great. Another nice benefit is the ability to add images and media directly inside the board, this is great for reference materials.

Cons: I'm not sure that I can think of any cons honestly. The only thing would be that you're limited to 3 boards per person on the free plan, which has become a pain the more I use it. I guess I'll need to upgrade soon!

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
Merlin D.
Managing Principal
Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2020

"Best in class digital collaboration tool"

Comments: My preferred tool for all virtual collaborations. Highly recommended

Pros: infinite whiteboard, unlimited users, great functions and features, just wish it better integrated with web conferencing facilities

Cons: Really no major complaints. The free hand draw function is not quite as good as Invision Freehand (for example), but overall Miro is my preferred tool.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2020
Digital Marketing Director
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2019

"RealtimeBoard is quick, collaborative, visually pleasing and easy to use!"

Pros: We started off using RTB for big, heady workshops - design thinking, kanban, etc with remote teams - no more "taking picture of a whiteboard, transcribing it into [insert random comfortable tool here], sending non-collaborative bitmap out to team" procedures, just one great tool. And then we realized that it could be used for so much more! Org charts, mind mapping, small kanbans for things like kitchen duty or office chores or whatever! Also impressed with just how often they update it with new features (including iOS apps), and sometimes the simple act of seeing someone else move a sticky around in realtime is just fun.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind, if there was one thing it would be that the export viewport thing is a bit hard to get right unless you've screwed it up at least once before, to know what to do the next time. Seems like a small thing to gripe about!

• Reviewed on 07/03/2019
Danilo N.
Engenheiro de software
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Great online experience"

Comments: Great experience, with really good design and almost perfect sensation of a physical board.

Pros: The design and usability are very good, it's like you are on a physical kanban board and its post-it's. The tags are very useful and you can see all people that are on the board in realtime. The feeling of amplitude is a well-thinking feature too because it emulates the reality in a handy way.

Cons: When you first access it, the guided walkthrough is very persistent and boring. I had to dismiss it at least 4 times.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Sarah N.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2020

"Will bring any virtual team meeting to the next level"

Pros: Miro is an amazing option for teams looking for ways to enhance brainstorming, workshops, meetings, and pretty much anything you'd do as a group virtually. It's a ton of fun, but also has amazing functionality for really structuring a meeting or activity. It has specific functions for facilitators so that they can control the flow of their activity. The templates are also an amazing feature that take the work out of setting up an activity and can even be a good source of inspiration if you're out of interesting meeting ideas.

Cons: The only minus to this tool is that some of my older colleagues have found it very hard to use. I think this had more to do with the fact that our team had been using it for very word-heavy activities, and if you have too many words taking up your Miro board things can become hard to read.

• Reviewed on 03/11/2020
Marco L.
Product Owner
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"I love it"

Comments: I can't live without Miro :)
I use it to plan my IT-Projects, starting with Business-Canvas, brainstorm ideas, pin screens, create wireframes, work on storymaps and organizing meetings (e.g. Retrospectives).
The whole Miro-Team is doing a great job. I'm looking forward to see more features, which will help me doing my job.

Pros: - RealTime
- Many many templates
- Quality
- Endless space
- easy to use
- Available on all devices

Cons: If the boards are getting bigger, sometimes it takes some time to load the board.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Daniel C.
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2017

"Simple and easy to use. Collaborating with team members is incredibly easy."

Comments: It helped me visually collaborate with my team of designers and clients, making revision processes infinitely faster.

Pros: Regular updates.
Being able to create tons of separate boards and share with team people is great.
Being able to comment on specific boards is amazing.
Being able to collaberate with team members and clients is great!

Cons: Boards with a lot of content may be slow in some cases, making the attached media slow to display. But this does not affect the user experience.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2017
Jesus V.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2019

"Miro review"

Comments: I like to use MIRO to map out my activity's on my daily basis, really easy to use, really easy to sign up, user-friendly environment.

Pros: User friendly
Very handy
Very useful for planning your day to day
Powerful application to map out problem solving methods

Cons: If you don't lock the sticker or frames, you can mess it up
The copy and paste process for images take so long occasionally
I cannot drag complete frames with posts stuck on it

• Reviewed on 26/08/2019
Rita R.
ux designer
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Best collaboration tool"

Comments: Miro is my main daily collaboration and design tool

Pros: What I like most about Miro is the constant updates. The miro team is constantly concerned with bringing relevant features to allow online collaboration. My main tools are public sharing and workshop tools such as timer and voting.

Cons: The only thing I found confusing at first was sharing the boards so as not to generate extra charges

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Timothy K.
Consultant
5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"The best collaboration tool I've ever used"

Pros: The product itself it just so easy to use and so powerful. It has allowed us to effortlessly collaborate with international teams and proved to be far more useful than we ever even imagined. What makes this world-class is that their support is just as amazing as their product. They've helped to provide demos for our new users and are always super helpful with any questions I've ever had.

Cons: I honestly can't say that I have anything that I dislike about this product. Anything that I've even thought could be improved upon in the past has been improved upon. They are so good with acting upon the feedback they get from their customers. It's so refreshing to see a company that is so devoted to providing great user experience.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2018
Eveliene W.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2018

"Easy way to have a virtual can-ban board"

Pros: It is a great tool to have a virtual canban board that we'd use during our daily standup meeting while on Skype.

Cons: I found it is limited in how large you want to go. If too large, maintaining it is a bit cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 01/10/2018
Kyle C.
Brand Manager
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2019

"There is Likely None Better!"

Comments: I would love to see more templates for note taking, and creative ways to design layouts.

Pros: It's free. You can add as much as you want to a single board with basically infinite space, all for free. The software is on any device! And actually works beautifully on the apps just as it does on desktop. The integrations and apps it works with is super convenient, especially if your work is already based on the web. I manage mobile apps and websites, the wireframes and screenshots are very nice! Being able to add my team to work in a board with me is crucial. Basically this is everything I have ever needed.

Cons: The templates and starting up from scratch can be a bit complicated. Unless you already have a visual idea of how you want things to look, you might get overwhelmed and end up with a messy board-space. TBH... I'm not a fan of the name realtimeboard ;)

• Reviewed on 08/02/2019