Greater Giving Reviews

by Greater Giving

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Greater Giving

Automate, track, and manage your fundraising efforts from one dashboard. Greater Giving Event Software is used for managing events.

Learn more about Greater Giving

Nathaniel F.
Donor Relations Coordinator
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2017

"Great for events."

Comments: Would recommend.

Pros: We always use greater giving for our 5+ events a year. It's great for checking people in, and just about all the steps necessary to take when running events, before, during, and after.

Cons: Some of the nuances in processing payments can be a bit tricky, and are not intuitive when teaching others how to use the softeware.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2017
Tammany B.
Director of Special Events
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees

"Keeping my life sane!"

Comments: Using the Greater Giving Software has allowed me to really be in control of the data and the ROI of my events. The software is very easy to use and set up. It has tremendous functionality and flexibility to engage multiple users. We look so professional at our events at check in and check out and guests love it. I have been using the product for three years and have hosted 10 different events through the software. Mobile bidding is beyond amazing! It has transformed our event and put the fun back in the cocktail hour because we are able to open up the bidding the day before the event to allow guests to browse and start the bidding process in the comfort of their own home or coffee shop. The reports have been invaluable to use with new committee members year after year to really hone in on the auction items that sell the best. The database makes connecting with the audience easy, year after year. One of the most important areas is the upper management. They actually listen to the clients and work to make needed changes to the product to be the most customer friendly product out there. The concern upper management has for the end consumer shows in the call center support. Their customer service staff is always available to answer questions and help guide me through anything I am doing or stuck on. This is great product that is just getting better each year!

Pros: The database features and fields, mobile bidding and ease of email campaigns.

Cons: Some of the fields could be located on different pages to make the work flow more integrated

Arthur H.
Systems Engineer
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"We use it for an annual auction event"

Comments: It works perfectly for our client to do their annual fund raiser

Pros: It is now all done on a web page. This has been a large improvement over the older versions. It is quick and easy for our volunteers to use.
Support is excellent when you need it.

Cons: It can sometime time out when your are in a conference center wifi. Logging in can be confusing for volunteers

• Reviewed on 10/04/2018
Advancement Admin
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2020

"More features this year...they seem to be focusing on Auctions"

Comments: It's getting better as an auction platform. They recently added a lot more functionality and updated the look and feel. They are also doing a better job with training and calls, esp. they quarterly update calls.

Pros: We use Greater Giving for our online and in person auction. Auction software is such a niche market, we had to purchase this for fundraising purposes.

Cons: No longer use it for other fundraising since it was cumbersome and clunky. While they have templates there are SO MANY screens to click through to get the data you need.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2020
Linda M.
Hospital & Health Care
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2015

"Greater Giving Review"

Pros: Ease of use and accessibility. It's also very convenient.

Cons: No complaints about this product or vendor at the present time.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2015
Aswathi C.
NA
Civic & Social Organization, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2021

"Great platform for Charity"

Comments: Great experience. Highly recommended

Pros: Awesome platform for Charity. Great customer service.

Cons: No complaints. It was great using this app so far.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2021
Paul V.
Executive Director
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"Event Management"

Comments: Great to use, but too expensive for small organizations.

Pros: It made selling auction items and event tickets easy!

Cons: The cost. We ended up losing money based on the total cost of the program.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Cara M.
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2017

"Too difficult for average volunteers"

Comments: Greater Giving is very feature-rich. Too feature-rich for my needs, it turns out. We are a small private school and used Greater Giving for 2 years for an annual gala with an auction as well as a Fun Run fundraiser. I liked the flexibility to customize reports and printed materials, but the way it handled auction items was extremely time to consume. You are required to enter each thing as a single item, then create a package. It didn't matter if it really was a package of 2 or 3 items or if it was just one thing - everything had to end up a package. That basically doubled the amount of data entry for me. I found the program far too difficult to use with volunteers - way too much of a learning curve. I did really like the event-night software and found it easy to use, even with the volunteers.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2017
Dawn W.
eCRM Project Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2019

"Greater Giving Review"

Pros: I like the Customer Support and I like the standard reporting otpions.

Cons: I think it is VERY hard to navigate and very hard to set up a set. I feel the program is outdated and needs to be more admin user friendly.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2019
Katie R.
Director of Development and Communications
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2018

"Greater Giving has helped make our event process easier."

Pros: It helps keep us organized when we plan for events and the online auction feature is fun to use and helps us raise more money then we could if we did it with paper bid sheets.

Cons: The reports are hard to use and hard to customize and the event website it limited in what you can do with it. I wish there was more flexibility in the design aspect.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2018
Dan M.
CFO
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"Software to make your EVENT the BEST!"

Comments: I've used this for multiple events and can't say enough.

Pros: Easy to use, very user friendly, reconciles wonderfully, great bang for the buck, best affordable software out there to account for your fundraising event

• Reviewed on 15/08/2017
Ashley M.
Annual Giving Manager
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"Great auction platform"

Comments: The customer service is very friendly and timely, the auction platform is superior to many others.

Pros: The auction portion of this product is really great. I've used this for many events and it is very efficient. Ticketed events are easy to set up, and you can really customize your event pages to your liking.

Cons: The reporting and export features work ok, but could be more robust. They have a mobil bidding platform, but that could also use more advancements as well.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Jeniece C.
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2016

"I'm a Greater Giving Fan"

Comments: We have used Greater Giving for several years to manage our online giving pages and our school's fundraising event. This year, we added the mobile bidding component. This was the second time we've used mobile bidding, the first with a different company. I was looking for a product to easily manage all the auction and mobile bidding steps myself. This produce was so easy to use. The customoer support throughout the event was wonderful, often responding the same day when contacted, always by the end of the next business day. We are most likely planning to use mobile bidding again at our event in 2017, and I am already considering ways to use what I learned at the last event to make this one even easier, all using the things I learned through using Greater Giving. We are a happy user. Thank you. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking to increase revenue at an event and enhance the experiences of the attendees

Kiki C.
Director of Special Events
Hospital & Health Care
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2015

"After extensive research very happy"

Pros: Greater Giving is an evolving company and continues to improve their product. It is extensive having many features, reports and different ways of going about getting things done. They are PCI compliant which takes away worry about security and adds value to your overall event. Whether you are a small shop or large, any nonprofit can use it with a little bit of training, some practice and time. It is cost effective and adds value to our events. It is amazing that anyone from volunteer to staff can reach out to tech support. I like that it is web based and that you can have multiple events simultaneously. Also the capability to have different permissions for each user including multiple account admin helps s multi department development team like ours. Relatively speaking the mobile bidding works easily.

Cons: The "join me"feature is still new and we haven't been able to master it's use yet. The website capability is great but requires a little extra training. However the tech support is excellent with an almost 12 hour a day call hour. If the tech can't answer the question they get back to you. Most often though they will walk you through a step.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2015
Leslie W.
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2016

"Transform your Auction experience!"

Comments: Our school has benefited tremendously by using the Event Software and Mobile Bidding. In a few weeks we will be using both for the third time at our next Auction fundraiser. After the first year, we not only paid for the software and mobile bidding BUT increased our silent auction profit by $10,000! The program is very easy to use, streamlines all of our donations, and allows us to perform quick reviews post-event. Customer service has been exceptional. Several calls are set up with the Greater Giving team prior to the event and a team member is available during the entire duration of the event. All questions have been answered quickly. The Greater Giving team continues to give suggestions each year as to what we can try at our next event to help increase our profit. And both years the software has been updated with new features. Biggest benefit for our school has been the elimination of long checkout lines at the end of the night. With Mobile Bidding, guests having registered a credit card either before the event or during check-in are instantly notified of their winnings as soon as the Silent Auction closes. Priceless! We continue, a few years into our experience, to get great reviews from our attendees about the significant improvements that this package has made to our annual funraiser.

Pros: ease of use, customer service, mobile bidding function

Rebecca L.
Admin Assistant
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2021

"Not a great fit"

Pros: I do like that you can view multiple records by clicking next, rather than going back to the list and selecting a new one.

Cons: It really didn't provide many tools except keeping records of items. It didn't generate bid sheets, online bidding options, or financial reports. I'm glad I switched to ReadySetAuction this year.

by Greater Giving on 26/04/2021

Thank you for your feedback, which is very helpful to us as we continue to develop and improve our products. Greater Giving Event Software does offer multiple types of bid sheets (printed and online), Online Bidding functionality, and dozens of customizable financial reports. These features are widely supported through our free training and support channels via phone, email, chat, and on-demand. If you utilize Greater Giving in the future, we hope that you will take advantage of these features and our excellent customer support.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2021
Monica J.
Graphic Designer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"It is good, bu so hard to use and understand!"

Comments: Overall the experience was ok. If 501 Auction had the same price as this one, I would go with 501 no questions asked. This one has a better price and better annual plan, but boy oh boy, it was hard to use!

Pros: What I liked the most was the price and the plan they offered us. It was considerably cheaper than other fundraising platforms and in the demonstration called that we had with them looked so easy and logical (beware!)

Cons: It is not easy to use AT ALL! It is super confusing to set up packages, import supporters, donors. Just building the website was a little nightmare. If it is your first time using this software make sure to have someone to hold your hand during the process. I really thought it would be easy to use, since I have worked with other fundraising programs before. Mistake! It took me a while to work around it and the tutorials didn't feel like enough to me.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Ashley M.
Dir. of Communications
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Great for Fundraising Event Logistics, Bidding"

Pros: The best thing about Greater Giving is the mobile capability that allows attendees at our annual gala to bid on silent auction items from their seats. We've yet to find this capability with any other fundraising software.

Cons: I'm a newer user and still getting used to the platform, but I'd love for it to be more user-friendly.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Julie R.
Executive Director
Philanthropy
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2015

"Expensive and 'Pages' are hard to set up"

Pros: When I started my website it was one of the only sites out there. They are PCI compliant.

Cons: How difficult the pages are to set up and understand. The 'FAQ's' and online 'Help' aren't any help at all.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2015
Shawn S.
Accounting & Development Specialist
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2017

"GG review"

Pros: relatively user friendly, basic functionality, good value for the low cost of the product, customer service was prompt

Cons: customer service answers varied in accuracy and helpfulness, software is somewhat clunky to use, dated looking

• Reviewed on 10/08/2017
Leah K.
Development Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2016

"Made an impression on our guests!"

Comments: Using Greater Giving Express Pay allowed our guests to have a more seamless experience at our silent auction. Guests commented on how easy it was to participate in all aspects of the event using their bid number and not have to worry about standing in a checkout line at the end of the night. I wouldn't go back to using anything but this! As a small nonprofit, we are always looking to save money, so the price tag is a hurdle - but once you think about the gained revenue because your guests are focused on giving and not worries about check out - the price is worth it in increased revenue.

Pros: Makes checkout seamless at silent auction event.
You don't loose revenue trying to hunt down someone who bid but didn't pay at the end of the night.

Cons: I'd love for it to be cheaper!

Morgan H.
Campaign Development Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"Used For Multiple Black Tie Balls"

Comments: I have worked for a company who has used Greater Giving for Multiple fundraising galas. The software is very easy to use as a volunteer and great interface for the donor.

Pros: -Ease to Use
- Staff able to help onsite
-Great Customer Interface

Cons: -difficulty pulling reports
-other than that not a ton of cons

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Chantelle W.
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2016

"Another great event with the help of Greater Giving!"

Comments: I have used Greater Giving's Event Software and mobile bidding platform for the past several years and just finished my largest gala event yet - with over 400 people attending - and I don't know how I could have done so without it! From tracking all of my items and packages, to assigning guests to tables, viewing their purchases and organizing mobile bidding and a text to give campaign, it makes me look like a pro. My volunteers love it, my guests appreciate the ease with which they check in and check out, and I find the system itself to be very user friendly. And for those rare times when I can't figure it out myself, chat support is fabulous! I have recommended this software to several colleagues and will continue to do so.

Laura M.
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"Greater Giving Event Software"

Comments: Overall it is a still a great software that has great functions and so far is the best I have used to run a large silent auction 50 items plus.

Pros: The software purchase covers features dealing with ticket sales, silent auction bids, community partners, sponsorship purchases and can safely store credit card information. Also, if your organization hosts more than one event per year you can add several events and track for no extra cost and store all donor information for those events.

Cons: The ease of use of this program is lacking. It is a bit confusing to run reports. It also doesn't make it very easy to set a Max capacity for an event and have it close down automatically. Someone has to go in and do so, or at least this is the experience we found. Also, you can only attach one checking/banking account to the software so if you have two large events and two separate accounts for them in order to use the software without having to repurchase you must stick to the one account.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Group Sales Representative and Events Assistant
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2018

"Will make check-in a breeze"

Comments: The benefits of Greater Giving include an easy upload and check-in process, a simple check-out process for auction purchases or donations, and a simple training for staff members.

Pros: The features of this products "go-time" make for a really easy event check-in. I've worked a variety of events with this software, most notably a large seated fundraiser. Everyone was able to check-in quickly and all the details needed by our check-in team were easily accessible.

Cons: The search function could be expanded on to assist better with misspellings or connections to other members (spouse names, etc).

• Reviewed on 22/06/2018