MultiFlex RMS Reviews

by Microhouse Systems

• Overall
    4.1 /5

About MultiFlex RMS

An easy-to-use Retail Management Solution that operates effectively as a standalone or multi-store, multi-lane network.

Learn more about MultiFlex RMS

Lyndsay B.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Good system with lots of tools and functions."

Pros: RMS is great for customer relationships. I can easily see my list of clients, their purchase history, sizing, contact info, and any notes I make on their file. The functionality is good, with lots or reporting tools to better manage my business. Previously we operated with a cash register which didn't record anything, and kept tags as our tracking. With RMS, we can easily pull up sales figures from any given period, our top selling and slow moving styles, floor restocking, and much more. And counting inventory has gone from a two day ordeal to just a couple of hours. This system has definitely improved my business. Multiflex was also the only company I was working with who offered a payment plan, which made a huge impact as a small business.

Cons: The only down sides I have experienced in the last two years of using RMS is if there is a system update to my computer, sometimes it will interfere with the RMS system and I need to contact customer service to get the system operating again. But I would imagine this is an issue any software would have.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2018
David C.
Managing Director

"POS is Easy"

Comments: Overall I find it great software for my business and full fills my needs adequately.

Pros: This software makes the POS and Customer experience easy and effortless, the ease of customer detail gathering for both loyalty and future marketing is a breeze.
Go to the back office and data entry is also uncomplicated and time efficient. Standard reports are great for my use but I am sure that there are more I could create in the customise report function

Cons: There area few additional reports that could be standard in the back office function and in the last update that we have the account payment function is complex which it does not need to be and wasn't previously.

Chris C.
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"SoSO.... you get what you pay for...."

Pros: Somewhat easy for daily use for the staff, for management, much MORE work :( Reports are many, but also means confusing at times

Cons: Customer support is confusing to get a hold of, I also have a 3 hour time difference, so my answers are usually 2-3 days later. Floor restocking report has a 1 minute "bug" where there's a blindspot and may affect you. They don't sound interested / willing to integrate their system w/ other credit card machine companies (they support only 2 services!) For some odd reason, I keep finding bugs in their system, and their latest update makes NO SENSE, why do I need to hit ANOTHER button to get the mix+match to kick in, before the update - it was automatic - do you see your grocery store checkout have a mix and match button? IT's AUTOMATIC! Every single one of my concerns that I've had in the past 2 years have gone unanswered and ignored - running a retail store is hard enough, and trying to get the backend support from these guy - it's like pulling teeth at times. I've been with them over 2 years - I've 2 different Tech support individuals (assigned) now, they got some turnover going on over there!

Jorge P.
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Super software for my stores and warehouse"

Comments: My business is in Puerto Rico. My data is in their servers in Canada. Lucky me because when the Hurricane hit PR on Sept 19 2017, 4 days later we were back running our business with no power, no internet and the POS system was flawless. This is the first time I rented a POS Solution and I am glad I chose Micro House.

Pros: POS is excellent even when my internet is down. I make Transfers to my stores from my warehouse and is very simple to use. Its just a matter of setting up all the all the upc codes. The PO are easy to do in quick order module. It will create a PO to your supplier and email directly to your supplier. All reports are perfect. The Customer service is perfect ***** stars. They will never let you fail using the system.

Cons: I rented the system in Feb 2017. It is a powerful system and I read the guides but even when I applied what I read, I called customer service and learned some more with the training they offer so it was a back and forth communication but they are very helpful. But it has its challenges that I overcame about 3 to 4 months with the system. There are no other bad issues to report.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Matt E.
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2017

"Best POS system for our needs"

Pros: We did extensive shopping around for a POS system. The systems' basic functionalities are essentially the same across the market, but based on our "wishlist" of most important functionalities, MultiFlex scored #1. Furthermore, the support team at MultiFlex is pleasant to work with and helpful whenever we contact them for assistance.

Cons: I wish there were more in-depth training videos available so that I could perfect my knowledge of the POS system without having to contact MultiFlex every time I have a question. That's especially true since their support isn't 24/7 and we're in different time zones.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2017
Joseph S.
president
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Very Good Value"

Comments: My overall experience was very good. Customer service is easy to reach. Program is stable and fee's are reasonable . I would however like a better open to buy and inventory management module for clothing stores.

Pros: Its is very flexible and able to customize for the money. It has an easy export feature that allows you to work with the data.

Cons: Not great for apparel retail stores. The size grids do not show well on reports. difficult to purge older history which creates reporting problems.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Michelle G.
Website

"At times frustrating"

Pros: Customer support is very good. It is very easy to get a hold of someone and our issues are typically resolved at the time of call or at least the same day.

Cons: Changes due to updates are not always communicated in detail. Have been waiting for syncing Online and In-store customer/ sales feature for a long time. This feature would be extremely helpful and make us a lot more efficient.

Tad D.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Best bang for the buck!"

Pros: Very comprehensive. This POS has allowed us to do everything from daily sales, inventory, as well as, invoicing and accounts receivable.

Cons: The scope of offerings provides a large platform for customer service representatives to have all knowledge necessary to help with issues however the designer can and will help you when needed.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Jesse n F.

"Nice System"

Comments: Overall my experience has been good.

Pros: I love all the reports I can pull with ease and detail. There is not an item or sales transition I cannot find immense detail on.

Cons: I do not like once something is in "approved status" either a sale or purchase order, there is literally no way to go back and edit or change it.

Jerry M.
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2017

"Easy to use"

Comments: We started using this some time ago. I was attracted by the price and the ease of use. My sales associates had very little in the way of a learning curve. They all caught right on with little down time. We had previously been using Retail Pro so this was a very easy switch. The setup was quite easy.

Pros: The thing I like the best is the ease of use. The screens are easy to read and the touch screen feature is great. The company is easy to deal with and personable.

Cons: There's little flexibility in the software. The reports are a bit hard to relate to, but the information is all there is some form or another. I don't like having to use Java to access the software. It creates some problems for us occasionally.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2017
Kristie C.
owner/operator
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2019

"review of rms"

Comments: the customer service with RMS is absolutely amazing

Pros: Its easy to use, functional and accurate

Cons: slow sometimes but that could just be my computer LOL

• Reviewed on 26/01/2019
Janelle D.
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2013

Comments: I have a retail clothing store for men, women and kids selling brand name clothing. For the first 5 years of business, I used Quickbooks for my accounting and sales receipt functions along with keeping track of my inventory. I recently maxed out on the number of inventory items that Quickbooks Pro allows (14,500) and was forced to shop around for another system. I found MultiFlex to fit my requirements well, along with being able to download my accounting information to Quickbooks so that I could maintain the financial statements that I had grown to love about Quickbooks. The Multiflex RMS system provided me with a much quicker sales receipt process than what QB offered along with a scanner capability and small receipt for my customer. Along with these great features, MultiFlex offers a great variety of inventory and sales reporting features that were not offered in QB. I have been using the MultiFlex system for 4 months now and have adpted quite easily along with my staff.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2013
Simon W.

"MultiflexRMS"

Comments: A great program and comes with excellent support.

Pros: It is a total Retail Management system and has every feature that you need to run a retail operation from a single store right thru to the most complex multi-store operation.

Cons: I think the user manual could be improved with more 'how to' suggestions and video tutorials, but saying that it is very intuitive and easy to use.

Ali K.
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2014

"Fully supported transition to a new system"

Pros: I like the simple functionality of MultiFlex RMS. It meets our needs as a retail location selling a wide variety of merchandise ranging from clothing to home décor. The customer service team has been supportive in every step of the transition.

Cons: I haven't found much to complain about. It would be nice if there was an option to "memorize" reports we find particularly useful so we don't have to recreate them each time we want to run the report.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2014
Angela R.
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2013

Comments: UPDATE! We are improving our rating for Multiflex POS to 5 stars on Functionality and Product Quality because Microhouse just updated our computers (while we slept :-); this new version builds on their already solid POS, but with new, easy to navigate added features that we love, especially the reports!!! The updated user interface is clean and eye-friendly, too. After 3 years of using this POS software for our two fashion retail boutiques, we continue to be impressed. A great investment for our small business.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2013
Rick F.
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017

"Point of sale software"

Comments: All in all a very nice system to use. Viewing history is essential as is knowing the best sellers and the worst. All of this is available on MultiflexRMS. Daily sales or monthly sales reports are available showing margins etc.It has had a very positive affect on our business in both ease of use and also pointing out what NOT to stock or giving enough history to see the trends.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Rick F.
OWNER
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2015

"Overall i am very happy with the software"

Comments: I have been running manually trying to build a history. I wish the software manager had a way to plug in the min max values based on performance.
Other than that it works well and does exactly what i need it to do
Having a link to texting sale information may be a next option for the future

• Reviewed on 03/09/2015
Rav D.
Owner & Manager
Alternative Medicine, 2-10 Employees

"Easy to use"

Comments: Running reports, tracking customer retention.

Pros: I like that it is simple to learn and teach. I also find the ability to pull all types of sales reports to be very helpful in keeping inventory up to date.

Cons: I find it slow when trying to retrieve customer purchase history, on the other hand it could just be my computer but I don't think so as everything else works fine.

Lindsey H.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2017

"Lied to by sales people about functionalities, treated horribly by support staff when issues arose."

Comments: It does provide the basic inventory management functions we expected.

Pros: It wasn't super expensive and performs its basic functions effectively once the extremely tedious setup process is complete.

Cons: It doesn't integrate with QuickBooks online, it doesn't integrate with e-Commerce, it doesn't adapt easily to my purposes... all of these things I was told in the sales process that it would do. Training is essentially non-existent and there is no documentation to refer to later. All we had was a one hour session where our trainer took control of our system remotely and used his function keys to speed through setup steps (we couldn't even tell what he was doing because he didn't articulate it and didn't use the mouse) and wouldn't allow us to ask questions. They charge a bunch of money each year to install any updates and continue to give you access to their support, but none of that was explained or described by our sales person and was not in our contract. When I found a glitch in the system that was causing us peoblems at POS, the support manager was extremely rude and condescending to me, going so far as to ask how old I was because he felt I might lack the "experience" (his words) required to be able to find and resolve such an issue. I only wish we had the money to buy a real POS system with real support staff. The last time I tried to post a negative review I was bullied into having it removed by RMS management - that won't happen again.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2017
Angela R.
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Stable, Functional, Outstanding POS System"

Comments: Our Seattle-based small business purchased the Retail Management Software (RMS) for Fashion from Microhouse Systems in 2010, about 8 years ago and we have been using it successfully ever since. This is a very straightforward, Windows based system that meets all our needs ranging from a 100% accurate & easy POS to ring up sales and Customer Relationship Management...to...an outstanding Inventory management system to order, receive, price and tag our goods for sale (apparel, accessories, shoes, gifts, consignment jewelry) and more. There is a somewhat steep learning curve at first, as it has so many functions. I have found the POS easy to train new sales associates, and likewise my store managers can delve in deeper into the software to utilize more functions with ease (does take some practice and learning though) Each year, the Microhouse team performs automatic upgrades and adds more and more useful (sometimes eye opening) reports to help me better understand my business. The phone-based customer service from Microhouse is outstanding, though our staff does have to pay attention to the time difference as we are in the US and they are in Canada. One major feature of this POS is its stability. Our RMS-POS system has never malfunctioned, there's been ZERO downtime, and it has never been hacked or infected by a virus. (Note: we run this system on two older model Windows' PC's along with Kaspersky Total Security, connected to the Internet) .

Pros: The way in which the Customers, Inventory and Sales are all interlinked, and the personalized customer service and support you will receive.

Cons: The basic function of ringing up customers is easy and straight forward, but I can be difficult to train new employees on all the intricacies beneath the basics.

Ben S.
President /CEO
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2018

"Good for general reports"

Pros: Very cost effective and a great generic system that keeps track of inventory and daily sales reports at a great level
Keeps track of customer history as well as information
Takes care of commission reports nicely
As long as you do not want tobe to detailed this system is for you .

Cons: Reports are not that detailed and not easy to navigate for me
Cannot split sales between salespeople
Don t like the fact that I have to know my supplier code as opposed to just list supplier name ...we have lots of suppliers
I find that when I use inventory on hand cost ..the number differs between reports very frustrating

• Reviewed on 29/06/2018