15 years helping Emirati businesses

About Fishbowl

Simplify your inventory & manufacturing by make precise pricing decisions based on real-time data using Fishbowl’s software.

Learn more about Fishbowl

Pros:

It makes training for accounting much easier. From a manufacturing perspective, FishBowl is a fairly powerful tool that can track inventory and assist in production planning.

Cons:

The user interface is difficult to navigate and make sense of.

Fishbowl ratings

4.2

7.7/10

Fishbowl has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 861 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Fishbowl before?

Hilary
Hilary
Sales & Marketing Coordinator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Asset to Our Company

Comments: They have done a wonderful job in taking care of us from learning to use it to just small mistakes here and there. The support is outstanding.

Pros:

Fishbowl is a great asset to our company. It has been wonderful in helping us manage inventory for our warehouse and tracking errors. The customer support is always amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our representative is one of the most helpful people. He goes above and beyond to make sure we are satisfied with the product.

Cons:

Some reports cost extra, but I understand that it takes them time to write it. The turn around is usually fast.

Fishbowl Response

3 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review, Hilary. We are so glad to hear that your experience has been satisfactory for you and your company. We appreciate your business.

George
VP OF Sales in Portugal
Warehousing, 2–10 Employees

Overall review of FB

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Your senior support team like Brison are what keeps FB working at an acceptable rate.
Overall, we finally see improvements in customer support.

Pros:

Pricing and affordability. Extensive training not required for all employees.

Cons:

Plug-ins not working. spent countless hours fixing Plug-in issues. Then we had to dish out another 6k for sellware after we already paid for the original plugins. Not a way to do business.!

Justin
Building Materials, 2–10 Employees

Terrible Decision - Worst Customer Service - Try Anyone else!

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Not only did Fishbowl fail to provide adequate communication during the entire process, but they also refused to give me a refund. It's outrageous that they charge such exorbitant fees for subpar service. I highly recommend avoiding this company at all costs and switching to Netsuite instead. If anyone is considering switching to Netsuite, please reach out to me. I will do everything in my power to help others avoid the mistake I made by signing up with Fishbowl. Shame on this company for their unethical practices and shame on [sensitive content hidden] for being a liar and thief. Stay away from him at all costs if you want any chance of success with Fishbowl.

Pros:

The only pro is that its an ERP system that can integrate with your existing QuickBooks, but its not worth it. So please go to someone else.

Cons:

I had the unfortunate experience of working with [sensitive content hidden] as my account manager from Fishbowl. From day one, he boasted about being the best in the industry, but I can confidently say that I've never encountered a worse representation of a company. During our implementation process, it would take [sensitive content hidden] 48-72 hours to respond to my inquiries. This delay not only hindered our progress but also showed his lack of dedication and professionalism. He lied about his capabilities from the start, painting himself as a competent account manager when in reality, he's no better than a shady used car salesman. Despite expressing my concerns about the importance of timely communication for my business, [sensitive content hidden] continued to ignore me. It was clear that he had no regard for my needs and only cared about making a quick sale. As a result, I decided not to continue with Fishbowl and switched to a more professional ERP service like Netsuite.

Kyle
Operations Manager in US
Package/Freight Delivery, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use, but missing some standard features.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, very enjoyable. As my operations grow, I will seek out Fishbowl to see if I'm actually able to do the things I've mentioned above, or what they suggestion to do instead. The help desk team is great and very responsive. I've received a lot of help from them.

Pros:

I've used SAP and Oracle for previous companies, and Fishbowl is very easy to use and overall very intuitive. I enjoy using this system.

Cons:

Not able to store more than Scheduled Date per sales order. Some customers POs have multiple lines and different due dates per line. I'm unable to do the same and then partial ship and keep track of the order like on larger ERP systems. As far as I understand, Fishbowl is not capable of reporting OTD because there isn't enough date submission options. It's frustrating not being able to highlight any text to copy and past in another location or for another program (Word, Excel). There are only a few places FB allows me to highlight and copy the info. The rest I'm unable to. Being able to highlight and copy anything would improve ease of use.

Whitney
Operations Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

I truly don't know how we functioned without it

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It's been great. Anytime I've had an issue, the support team has been incredibly helpful in helping me out (shoutout [sensitive content hidden]).

Pros:

Fishbowl has been an absolute lifesaver as our business has grown. Our processes before were incredibly manual and analog, and therefore susceptible to a lot more human error. The time we're saving not having to manually comb through printed sales estimates to and then walk around the warehouse to see if we have the inventory on hand to fulfill it them is absolutely immeasurable. So many processes are automated which has drastically improved our accuracy and efficiency, and therefore our bottom line. If we weren't using Fishbowl, I'm certain our business would not have been able to grow at the rate it has, so I firmly believe the investment has more than paid for itself, and as far as I'm aware, we're barely even scratching the surface with its capabilities.

Cons:

It's software, so it's going to have its bugs now and then. Fortunately any I've noticed have been a minor inconvenience at worst; nothing has caused our data to be inaccurate in any way. Otherwise, I wish modifying reports was a little more user-friendly. If I could easily add a specific filter to a report, I could be substantially more efficient.

R. Craig
IT Manager in US
Construction Software, 11–50 Employees

A Very Good Manufacturing Inventory and Order Management System!

5.0 last month New

Comments: The service has been very good! Overall it is a very good great option for manufacturers as well as distributors!

Pros:

It handles sales order entry well throughout the manufacturing and shipping process. It also handles the purchasing of parts from different vendors extremely well. The Bill of Materials handles multiple levels of assemblies within assemblies very well.

Cons:

It has a lot of good pricing rules for all kinds of occasions. But it lacks last cost pricing for manufactured products.

Tray
Airlines/Aviation, 11–50 Employees

Review after 7 years

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall has been good, as long as willing to spend significant time learning thier system without any help

Pros:

Migration to SQL database allowing integration with other systems.

Cons:

After selling to a larger company, support is almost non existant, if your small thet dont seem to care. Have tried to book many support sessions and never any availability unless you want to wait 2+ months. Good luck getting them on the phone, the chat works and will waste an entire day trying to explain any issues

Scott
President in Canada
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

From Netsuite to Fishbowl in 30 days

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Compared with operating Netsuite, the overhead is much lower, a sandbox was provided free of charge, the set up is more straightforward and the users feel more empowered to work with the system to improve the initial implementation. Its more forgiving and likely a better choice for a smaller business.

Pros:

We appreciate that Fishbowl does what it says. Its not trying to be everything to everyone which keeps the implementation relatively straightforward. Fishbowl has great customer service, and their support and availability during the setup phase of implementation has been excellent!

Cons:

The client/server architecture seems a little old fashioned and the integration with manufacturing QC is not very strong. Internal reporting functions aren't awesome but connectivity to Power BI enhances the experience.

Jarron
Inventory Manager in US
Plastics, 11–50 Employees

DK Plastics

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Fishbowl allowed us to gain a lot more traceability within production all the way through sending invoices. Collected all of our data from multiple different spreadsheets and combined it all into one user friendly hub.

Cons:

There is a lot of specificity to different functions that don't apply the best in a factory with ever changing made to order products.

Nicholas
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

RUN SUPPORT IS NONE EXISTENT

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: It was ok during the sales period but the after-sales support was a joke. Also, fishbowl was recently depracated from the shopify platform. They know require you to use saleware software and have increased their cost by 400%. We attempted to get a partial refund since the software is now worthless to us and they are stealing our money. Keep in mind we have been a customer for at least the last 5 years. We are beyond disappointed with this change and the way we have been treated. STAY CLEAR!

Pros:

The dashboard feature is nice since it helps you keep track of partial shipments on orders.

Cons:

The support is a joke. Do not expect anyone to pickup the phone.

Mitch
CEO in US
Sporting Goods, 11–50 Employees

Extremely Frustrated and Feel Violated

Comments: We purchased inventory software from Fishbowl and then had an exceptionally difficult time implementing the software. We paid for a number of items that we have not received months later, went weeks without receiving responses from them during the implementation process, and were verbally promised things that they have walked back or denied entirely. Worst of all, because of their lack of responsiveness, they claim that we are not eligible for a refund on the software because we are past the time limit for the satisfaction guarantee. Integrations, services, implementation support, and custom reports were paid for and never received. The server has been down for long time periods (days at a time), credit card systems won't integrate properly and the software crashes regularly on our machines. Rather than try to do what is right and work things through, they have opted to take a hard line on this issue with no flexibility at all. We are now currently pursuing legal action. If you are considering using their products or services I would recommend in the strongest of language possible to not do any business with this company.

Pros:

It appeared to be a great product before we purchased it

Cons:

Point of sale software is nearly un-usable. It does not support gift cards or customer accounts in any functional way. Implementation and support from the software company are beyond poor even after paying many thousands of dollars for extra support and help with implementation.

Bernui
IT assistant in US
Pharmaceuticals, 51–200 Employees

Fishbowl Inventory Review

Pros:

Integration with our manufacturing process was easy. Purchases, Receiving, Bill of materials and Work Orders fulfilled our needs.

Cons:

Reports provided are too basic, no help documentation to create your own reports. If you need a detailed or custom reports you have to purchase them apart.

Neal
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Sales, Point of Sales, Inventory, & Manufacturing

Comments: It has been very positive from the beginning. Support has been great as well as my sales manager.

Pros:

Can be used in multiple locations via server. UPS integration. Accurate inventory control

Cons:

None to speak of. Every program will have it's pluses and minuses. Overall great value for the investment.

Cassie
VP in US
Warehousing, 11–50 Employees

FB has abled our business to grow from a home based co. to a 10,000ft fully functioning warehouse

Comments: Being able to operate above and beyond to what we used to. We can now compete with our competitors

Pros:

I absolutely love that FB is easy to use and easy to teach. It has all the features that our company uses daily. Examples include customer pricing rules, customer "numbers" or customer sku's, Auto PO function, The import/export feature has been a God-send when we need to import products to our website or send information to our customers. The substitute feature is very helpful too. We also really love how we can create custom fields within every module. I really love how the FB team remembers our company when we call and goes above and beyond when we have a hiccup or questions. We can thank FB for some of our company's success. W/o being able to correctly track inventory and use it for daily operations, we wouldn't be operating at the level we are today.

Cons:

There aren't things that I like "the least" but there are things I wish FB offered/had that would help our type of business/company. This includes: 1) Since we are a product distributor, we provide a lot of our customers w/ "quotes." FB has the ability to create an "estimate" but no way to store it or look back at it for reference. Pricing rules are essentially only created in our line of operation when a customer begins buying a product. So, we have to create "quotes" on excel sheets and save them on our network folder. So it would be easier if it was all w/in FB. Or if there was a different section from pricing rules that you could make a pricing rule? If that makes sense 2) Wish we could customize reports that are staples of FB w/o paying high dollar. For ex. the packing slip should have a signature line or at least the option to include it. Or there should be options on layouts or what columns to include. Also, we've gotten feedback from customers on how they wish the item # and description where split into different columns. 3) If FB alerted a user if a sales order has been in the system for "x" amount of time. Like a dormant SO in FB 4) Be able to sort the packing slip. Ex. by Item #, customer #, item description, etc. 5) Had a UNSPSC code field. We've found that this is going to be an important code for future web sales.

Conrad
General Manager in
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11–50 Employees

Quality Software for Small to Mid-Size Businesses

Comments: We have been using Fishbowl Inventory since 2011 and while it has been quite an eventful journey we have seen definite improvements over the years in stability and ease of use.

Pros:

QuickBooks integration is probably the feature I appreciate the most about Fishbowl. Any small to mid sized business that is outgrowing QuickBooks inventory management features but doesn't want to pay the price of an all-inclusive ERP program targeted for larger corporations should consider Fishbowl Inventory. The ability to track inventory by location, assign multiple vendors to one item, create intuitive bill of materials items that are as simple or complex as you wish, add multitudes of pricing rules for your products and customers, assign reorder points and order up to levels for your parts to quickly reorder items that are low, Fishbowl plugins that connect to a wide range of third party programs, I could go on for a long time about what there is to like about this program. Their support has definitely improved over the years as well, with a response to a support ticket usually within the hour.

Cons:

One inherent weakness with Fishbowl is the QuickBooks export connection. Fishbowl has made tremendous improvements in this area since we first started using it, but there are still multiple times that we need to restart the connection before running an export. To be fair, this may be as much QuickBooks' problem as Fishbowl's. The software also tends to be buggy after new releases. Again, they have improved lightyears over what they were 8 years ago, but still be prepared to have some weird things happen occasionally when a software update is released. Also, Fishbowl only has rudimentary accounting functions and leaves the majority of accounting related tasks to QuickBooks. This can create accounting headaches and even nightmares if the wrong QuickBooks accounts are assigned to items in Fishbowl. I do miss the QuickBooks ability to map transactions directly to expense accounts. In Fishbowl, you must create an item and then map it to the correct QuickBooks expense account, which again asks for accountant's nightmares.

Lucas
Inventory Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

We totally regret the purchase!

Pros:

The Part & Product feature works fine. The Calendar function is good. This guy (can't say his name) was the ONLY PERSON that should not take the blame for a bad customer support. He was excellent and I am very thankful to him!

Cons:

Everything, or pretty much everything. Customer service is TERRIBLE, really, I am not exaggerating, it is the W O R S T P A I D customer service I've ever seen, looks like that they are your customer instead. Glitches, you will find MANY glitches! After 7 months using it and having issues with my inventory quantities day after day, month after month, I came across to a discrepancy in my inventory numbers that I was sure that wasn't a human error, got (miracle) on hold with their support team and what happened? "This is a glitch in your database that we can't solve, what YOU(yes, we, the customers) will have to do is to start a NEW database, from ZERO" And guess what? "Oh, by the way, you CAN'T import SO's that were already fulfilled/shipped(that means that we LOST our HISTORY of everything that we sold from the past 7 MONTHS!)" Do you think they helped me to import data to the new DB? No they did not, they simply stated that this is unlawful and they would not be helping me on the process. Plus, but not least, you CAN'T, as well, import fulfilled PO's, meaning that you also loses the history of your purchases! (like, dude, seriously?) Everything above is part of my recent issues, pretty much all that had happened around 09-01-2016 - 09-15-2016 _____________________________________________________________________________________________ Let's talk about scanning (yes we also did the mistake of purchasing the scanner and Fishbowl GO). Mind you that I am not even going to talk about the promises that were made in terms of fulfilling our needs and stuff, so you can assume that everything I am concerned about, it's just because we've spoke about it before purchasing it. Scanning(Fishbowl GO) is SIMPLE, that's the word. If you need to scan order's(doesn't a matter if it's a SO or PO) by boxes, FORGET ABOUT IT, the system will bring over the total amount of pieces/boxes that you are supposed to receive right after the first scanned bar code. What I want to say with that is that you ARE NOT ABLE to scan orders by boxes, having the sum of everything at the end, and THEN matching with the order. Police actions Pretty much everything in the system can be changed, when comes to dates, memos, SO's, PO's, etc. But Fishbowl won't hold a tracking of who has changed it, it simply won't. That's a big deal for us, and I believe for the majority as well. UOM - Conversions Be careful when setting UOM's and Conversions, this can REALLY screw up with your inventory! Training DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TAKE NOTES ABOUT THAT - IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT! They will usually provide you with a 12h (the basic package) support, which will be also used to train you. Along the way with Fishbowl, pieces of information were given to me in a monthly basis. Meaning that I did not have someone that would come to me, study our needs deeply and work with it. Instead, I had to "play with it(as per what they told me to do)" and find errors, problems, situations where I'd need support with, in order to get an answer. YOU MUST KNOW exactly what you need, you must let them know it, and you must BOTHER them in order to get information. They will simply careless if you have a big issue. It took me about 6 months to fully (if I really do understand it) understand the software, and it was VERY painful. I don't even remember how many times I took the blame for errors that I came to realize that weren't my fault, but fishbowl's lack of information (or misleading information). I would not be writing all that if I was even a bit happy with the purchase, my life has been a nightmare since we bought it, mind you it was 7 months ago. The software isn't that bad, Fishbowl's consultants are the problem, or it's company's culture. Do yourself another favor, look trough all the bad reviews in here, it's very easy to manipulate good reviews, but the bad ones you cant. Make sure you have everything explained, and PLEASE, use the 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE to dig into the software, even if you have to create fake SO's and PO's to test it, even if you have to spend 8h/day during the whole month working on it, but DO IT, I assure you that it will help A LOT to really find out if that works or not for your company. I hope that you understand that this is a review of a very, very, VERY disappointed customer, and that in any situation I'd dispose myself to screw a company like that if I wasn't right. I hope you read it all and wish you better luck than what we had! :)

Mike
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Dishonest, No Integrity

Pros:

My software implementation specialist was friendly.

Cons:

I wish I would have thoroughly read these reviews before making the awful decision to give fishbowl a try. I had been in the market for this type of software for a while and had a long conversation with a fishbowl sales rep who promised me that fishbowl could do exactly what I was needing. I was hesitant, because it did not seem like this was true, but he promised me they could do a "custom build" that would address my company's specific needs. Most importantly, he assured me over and over that I could get a full refund if it turned out that the software was not a fit for my company. He promised that I would be able to go through training, implementation, and use the software for a full 30 days after the end of training to decide if it was going to work out. So I spent countless hours over the next several months in the training and implementation of the product. Throughout the training, I expressed my doubts that it would work out, but I had hopes that the "custom build" would be the solution. Training concluded, implementation began, I tried my best to make this thing work for my company, but we were approaching the money-back deadline, no custom build had been provided, and I could not see any way this software would do what I needed. So I attempted to contact my sales rep multiple times via email and phone but got no response. Miraculously, four days AFTER the deadline, I was finally able to communicate with someone who informed me that my sales rep was no longer with the company and that I had missed the deadline for a refund. So let's try that custom build now and see if that'll work. So we did, and to no one's surprise, it was still useless. I again asked for a refund at that point but was denied - "past the deadline." And all this communication was by email because they refuse to offer a phone number to actually speak with someone. So after a complete waste of $14,000 and about year of my time, I'm right back where I started, except poorer and older. I would STRONGLY advise thinking twice before entering into any relationship with fishbowl.

Furniture, Self Employed

Don't buy Fishbowl

Comments: I paid a lot of money for this software for my small and growing business. Training was expensive and took many weeks. Integrations with Quickbooks and my Sales channels were buggy and resulted in hours of extra work to edit changed sales orders and sift through garbage data sent to QB. A few months ago I uncovered a bug with how data was sent to Quickbooks that totally screwed up my books. Two different support people logged on and watched my workflow, confirmed I did everything correctly, and verified it was a program bug. A ticket was created and then....crickets. Nothing. I followed up repeatedly for weeks. For a while I got assurances that the "best people" were working on it. Eventually no one would reply to my emails, not even my account rep. They completely abandoned me so I switched to Katana which has been awesome for my needs. I've never been treated so poorly by a software company EVER. Maybe they have chosen to abandon their smaller clients in favor of bigger ones.

Pros:

At first the customer support was great. You could call and a human would answer the phone and log into your screen and help you quickly. Those days are over apparently.

Cons:

Fishbowl support has gone in the toilet. The phone menu you get for support doesn't even have an option for just solving a workflow problem or explaining an unexpected error or problem. They have the call back feature, which can take hours, if they actually call back. They promise to look into problems and then don't.

Dan
Owner in US

Fishbowl Inventory & Manufacturing: Not great for custom manufacturers...

Comments: Inventory management is a breeze, great for warehousing and manufacturing bigger build products, the modules, and UI is well thought out, and very logical, they did a great job with it. They have great eCommerce integrations they added on for magento and amazon which makes it more powerful. The fact that you buy the product up front (with a year of support that can be renewed) makes it seem like you are saving money by owning the software, but you'll need to upgrade every year until the software does what you want it.

Pros:

It's great if you are manufacturing the same thing over and over, so you need 500 or 1000 widgets made the same way. It's a pretty powerful tool for warehousing and inventory. It costs for just the warehousing, plus users and add-ons. They'll give you a discount if you ask them, but you almost should just go with a saas program you'll get quicker updates. fishbowl you can save lots of money down the road if you don't buy there support package. They have a pretty good product development team, but it takes them at least a year it seems like to roll out any useful new features you talk to them about.

Cons:

Very challenging to set up, learning curve is huge in my opinion. The BOM stages work for the most part, but you'll spend a lot of time in a sandbox database seeing if what you want works (if your doing multi stage builds) If your doing 1 to 100 of anything, and what your making varies order to order, I'd recommend some other software like ordoo, shopvox, or corbridge. They are alot quicker to set up on the

Jeff
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Comments: If you are considering Fishbowl for your business, you will be making a wise choice. Let me tell you a little about our business, what we were using before Fishbowl, and why we decided to go with them instead of the many choices you will have. We are a manufactures rep agency servicing the HVAC and plumbing industry. We work directly with the wholesale market and warehouse about 750 - 1000 sku's. Before Fishbowl, we had no inventory program in place - other than notebooks and getting up to check the shelf. As our business continued to grow, we quickly realized the need for some sort of help in managing our inventory and purchasing. In the 2 + years since full line integration, we are very satisfied with our decision and continue to find tools and reports that we didn't even know exisited. It's a very complete system. Our decision to go with Fishbowl wasn't an easy one. There are a lot of programs out there that will do the same thing Fishbowl can and at stagering range of costs. We looked at over a half a dozen systems, ranging from the 6 figure programs to the custom coded excel based from the local starving student. The decision was made based on the following facts - Fishbowl works directly with Quickbooks, our current accounting program. It works with excel which makes updating prices and importing product lines very easy. The other deciding factor was their support and training. Training was a huge concern for all of our associates. Since most of us had only been working out of notebooks or memory of inventory levels for years, and with varying levels of comfort with any computer program, going to any inventory software program was a very scary thought. We made the decision to invest into the on-site training they offered and it was the best decision we could have made. There is a learning curve, no doubt about it and it can be steep depending your level of comfort and savy with a computer. But rest assured, the support and training got us the answers and assistance we needed. The only thing I could say about Fishbowl in a negative light, is it's a little bit of a "one size fits all" program. There are some feature/functions that in our business just aren't needed. However, as a growing small business we like the idea of having tools at our disposal even if they are left in the tool box. It's nice to know we have them. We are very happy with Fishbowl. It has helped us grow our warehouse business and find loose ends in sales, stocking levels, and purchasing practices which all means at the end of the day we have become more profitable because of it. The more time we put behind us the more valuable the data has become. We are now even doing credit card transactions right out of Fishbowl! Trust Fishbowl. They will be there for you, provide an inventory program that will work and help you grow the business.

Controller in Canada
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Did not work out

Pros:

Customer support is thorough when you are able to reach them. Software was very easy to understand and implement. There are a few valuable stock reports. Data module allows you to write your own SQL queries.

Cons:

1. IT issues a. Having to reset company server every Sunday. As per IT department, this is a known issue on Fishbowl’s end with no plans to fix b. Having to reset fishbowl server every day due to export failures. Again, known issue. c. The client stalls on our staff daily. Just this past week, collectively we've had to kill the application 40 times due to random lock-ups. This is not an issue on our IT department's end. d. Our quickbook's database has increased tenfold due to the amount of exports fishbowl has made over the last three years. Manuvering in Quickbook's is now a nightmare here in Canada since users are unable to compress the database anymore. 2. Internal Control a. No audit trail as it relates to changes to SKUs, POs, SOs, changes to inventory valuations b. Inability to lock down PO and SO items after they are issued c. Inability to police SKU creation. We need users to be able to create SKUs and submit to management for approval. Once approved, the SKU details are locked down. Fishbowl's user account control is VERY limited. 3. Reporting a. Poor inventory reporting – not able to view listing at a specific date. Fishbook’s workaround does not reconcile to the quickbooks ledger since the report is only a snapshot and not an actual valuation at that date. b. Not able to customize views on reports such as POs, SOs, etc. c. Inventory days aging calculation is flawed. If I move inventory to another location, it resets to zero. That is not how days in inventory is properly calculated. Fishbowl can’t calculate this measure since historical values are not stored. Same with GMROII. d. Inability to create custom reports to track measures such as inventory performance and turnover. Historical carrying cost data is not stored. 4. Poor integration with Quickbooks a. If SKUs accounts were not correctly mapped, a change must be made in both fishbowl and quickbooks after the fact. If we were able to police SKU creation properly, this would rarely be an issue. b. Live inventory valuation in Fishbowl almost never agrees with ledger and I can’t figure out why.

Yousef
Packaging & Containers, 2–10 Employees

Okay, when it works. A disaster when it doesnt

Pros:

When Functional, it is a good software. Order Management, fulfillment, inventory updates, accounting integrations are all great. keyword is WHEN it functions properly.

Cons:

I was on the phone with fishbowl support at least 4-5 times a month. One issue after another, and although extremely friendly, i was given either incorrect information, or sent to an inbox with no reply. I could not get order fulfillment to work, my customers wouldn't receive tracking numbers. They blamed Woocommerce, but when i switched to multiple other competitors it worked just fine. We also had a ton of shipping integration issues. Any orders that had a credit card declined wouldnt come into fishbowl either. Just super glitchy Woocommerce customers, try out orderhive, its working great for what i am doing.

Contract IT Service Provider in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Needed Database tech support for failing upgrade

Comments: Helps the various departments of our company work together better.

Pros:

One of the team members was my point of contact for our recent issue. We started upgrade at close of business and ran into issue late in the night. The upgrade process had been test driven successfully on the new target servers prior but something in the tag data at the moment of upgrade caused a failure. We opened for business the next AM dead in the water. They were excellent in his handling of the issue and giving it the attention we needed as our business was on hold due to the issue. The DB Tech that worked on the problem was also on point in the solving of the issue.

Cons:

Only cure for bugs is full upgrade. Given that we have many custom reports it does not make it an easy option. Would like to also see support for iReport as it is bundled with your product but discontinued on it's own. Lastly, would like to see a solution that would create true "Admin" level accounts. We have in house admins that get all rights but cannot affect "Company" (and other misc) settings without using the factory "Admin" account.

Brandi
CEO in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Lots of bugs.

Comments: Fishbowl needs to take data integrity more seriously. We are currently having to double-check everything manually and are being told by Fishbowl that our issues may or may not make it to the dev team's list to work on a month from now.

Pros:

The concept of Fishbowl is great. We needed software that would help us pick and ship more efficiently and get us away from a paper-based system. We also needed it to plug in to QBO. I also like that we got access to a well-trained implementation specialist.

Cons:

Now that we are actually using Fishbowl, we're running into critical errors that force us to do things manually. This means we are less efficient and slower than before we used it. I've invested a lot of time and money into transitioning into new software and feel like I cannot trust them with our data.We were also not warned about additional costs (like costs per user and hosting fees) until after we had committed.

Adam
Logistics and Inventory Manager in
Farming, 11–50 Employees

In the knick of time!

Comments: Fishbowl Inventory was a great success in our first year of utilization. The biggest and easiest improvement was the vast reduction of manual order duplication, as we were able to have orders submitted from our website directly into Fishbowl, and then have sales orders pushed directly into Quick Books on the back end of the system. As we learn to better use Fishbowl, we are more accurate with reporting to our customer's accurate data, and also keep our sales representatives up to date with inventory levels, pricing, and order tracking on behalf of their customers. For the record - our small seed company grew with the help of Fishbowl Inventory!

Pros:

We really like the data transfer capabilities with an API interface from our website order platform, and the data push into Quick books on the back end. So much time has been saved from manual data entry duplication. The ability to have multiple users from all over with remote hosting allows sales reps from TX to MT to place orders and see inventory availability prior to order placing. Having the opportunity to write our own I-reports to meet our specifications.

Cons:

We haven't been able to make mobile applications work yet for our systems. We still have challenges with the real time tracking of inventory between locations with using bar-codes, scanners and mobile devices.