• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.1 /5

About Vend

Web-based retail point-of-sale and inventory management software built for iOS. Starts at $99/month.

Learn more about Vend

Lynda L.
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"Very easy to set up, navigate and get customers checked out quickly"

Comments: Being able to set up quickly, access from the cloud and use on multiple devices are jut some of the benefits to me.

Pros: The ease in setting up an online store and having the actual inventory be available is amazing. Being able to set if you want items available online or not is a plus, as being able to set a product with unlimited inventory so that it is still available to order online, even if you physically sell out of the item. This is great for quick to order in products.

Cons: It would be nice to have better integration between my POS system on the iPad, so that I could use a receipt printer and auto-cash drawer without using a PC setup.

by Vend on 18/06/2018

Hey Lynda, thank you for your review of Vend POS! Very happy to hear that you have found Vend so easy to use. If you need any assistance with your hardware setup please reach out to our support team. You can submit a ticket (or a feature request) anytime with this link here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Kat B.
Sales Director
Museums & Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2017

"Really excellent system, intuitive and easy-to-use, functionality and features always improving"

Comments: Two years ago I found myself with the unpleasant and overwhelming task of choosing a new POS system for the five gift shops I manage. I had just started the job and had a hard time researching the many options you can find online, most of which seemed geared toward a cafe and restaurant setting but were being pitched as retail solutions. VEND has proven to be (almost) everything I want. I work for a nonprofit that operates five gift shops in local State Parks. Overall, we have found that Vend is an affordable and flexible solution that is easy to operate.

Pros: It's easy to set up, easy to use and intuitive (even for some of my more tech-challenged staff), and perfect for a small-to-medium retail operation. It handles multiple outlets easily, as well as our wholesale business, and we're about to begin using the Vend eCommerce platform for our online store. And the price is very reasonable, which is one of the reasons it's such a good solution for a smaller business.

Cons: It can be difficult to find hardware that works with Vend. For example, we purchased the label maker that Vend recommends, and it was cheap and awful and broke twice before we decided to use something better. Unfortunately, Vend doesn't talk to that label printer, so our IT genius created a workaround that gets the job done. There are also some functions that Vend doesn't have yet (a single report that shows sales AND current inventory on one screen, for example, and better reporting for sales tax purposes) but we've always been able to work around these gaps, and Vend seems to be constantly updating and adding functionality.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2017
Stan W.
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"We used Vend for several years and found it very easy to adapt to and configure to our business."

Comments: Great sales and gross profit reporting. Excellent POS features like search and barcode integration.

Pros: We very much appreciated how easy it was to configure the software to our business and product lines. It is very easy to use and train new employees. We very much enjoyed being able to see live activity and reports on our mobile phones while traveling abroad. The barcode functionality was simple and easy to adapt.

Cons: The system wasn't scalable. Inventory management tools such as analysis for trends, seasonality, and forecasting was a very week or nonexistent. Also, Vend cannot process special orders or post customer deposits and that becomes an important feature to us as our business grew.

by Vend on 14/06/2018

Hey Stan, thank you for taking the time to review Vend POS. Very pleased to hear that you have found Vend so easy to use and have enjoyed so many of our features, including being able to check on your business on-the-go, reporting, and more. Thank you for your feedback regarding advanced analysis and sell screen functionality that you'd like for your business. Vend has a few add-ons that you may want to look into for extra features, you can see these at www.vendhq.com/product-add-ons. If you have any more feedback you can submit a feature request to our team at any time using this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Steven S.
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"All features one needs in a POS system, including integration with shopify made it an easy choice."

Comments: There are a lot of POS systems out there. I researched most of them before deciding on Vend. Anything you think that a POS should do, Vend does. There's no 100 percent perfect POS, but Vend has the most features and is easy to use. Plus no extra software or hardware is needed.

Pros: Shopify integration, bar code scanner integration, Quick Keys, reports, ability to list detailed product info. A big thing is remote login. I can check to see how my employees are doing at any time from any computer. I can also edit any part of my Vend information from any computer.

Cons: While Vend recently updated the way one enters product information by reducing the number of screens needed to enter or edit a product, there are still some areas of Vend that could use the same type of update. For example, after I'm finished entering a new product, there should be a button to click on that says "Enter New Product." Instead, I have to go back to the main Product Menu and go through a couple of screens to start entering another product. Not a major difficulty but this is one example where you have to go back to the main menu to access other parts of the software.

Alon W.
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Few years user of Vend"

Comments: We shifted to Vend from a traditional PC POS.It was a breeze. We run a few thousand products without a problem. We interfaced with a Shopify e-commerce shop. It was seamless. Very easy.
The echosystem of apps is working well and a big advantage.
We have multiple outlets which also work very well.
Very few bugs or problems. Service - we rarely need but when we do, the response is fast.

Pros: Intuitive and easy to use, feature reach and cloud based so can be used from everywhere.
Often use it from phone.

Cons: I find the price high and it has increased substantially since we started.
Main missing feature set is related to lack of insights over booking vs sales. Relevant to retailers that sell a lot of layby (advance booking of goods with a down payment), and we do.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Gina F.
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"Customer service is superb and interface is intuitive, easy to learn."

Comments: Cloud-based POS.

Pros: Easy to use features, very sleek and clean navigation. Out-of-the-box website design options are plentiful and easy to use. We have the premier technical support package and they are always accessible and helpful.

Cons: We wish we could customize our receipt. The customization possibilities are limited in both design elements and reporting. Also wish updating the price of a single item and all its price books could happen in one step.

by Vend on 15/06/2018

Hey Gina, thank you for your review of Vend POS. Delighted to hear that you are enjoying Vend so much and have had such a wonderful experience with our support team! That's exactly the type of service we aim to deliver at Vend. Good news - receipts are customizable! Go here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/201378310-How-do-I-set-up-my-receipt-template to find out how to customize your receipts. Hope that helps! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Lucinda H.
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"This system is pretty easy to use and I love the ability to scan items, saves time"

Pros: The ability to scan items. Entering inventory is easy. Looking up prior sales is easy.. Customer service is fast to respond and help with any problems i may have

Cons: There are some things it doesn't offer . The overall sales summery is a little confusing. I have problems when entering the product in the brand section, it blinks until I type something in

by Vend on 14/06/2018

Hey Lucinda, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. So happy to hear that you're pleased with Vend's support team and our POS usability, especially that it saves your business time! That's exactly what we love to hear from retailers. If you have any specific feedback about features you'd like to see on Vend or need technical, please submit a ticket with our friendly support team here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. They'd be more than happy to help! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Freda K.
Bookkeeper
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"Vend POS software is very user friendly, but what really excels is the customer support"

Pros: We had never used a POS system before, so we were a little intimidated by the thought of having to input our inventory. However, the ability to use .csv spreadsheets greatly facilitated the process of copying the inventory from our accounting program.

Cons: Vend will occasionally change the format of a page or category unexpectedly: for example, when a product is added or edited there is no longer the choice to add a sales code and a purchase code.

by Vend on 14/06/2018

Hey Freda, thank you for taking the time to review Vend POS! Delighted to hear that you're pleased with how user friendly Vend is to use and that you've had a wonderful experience with our support team. We're always working on how we can improve Vend to make it even better so occasionally there will be changes. If you have any feedback about a particular change please do let us know via a ticket with our support team. Your feedback is important to us and will help us make Vend POS the best it can be. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Kristyn K.
Vapor Store Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2018

"TERRIBLE Customer Service"

Comments: I would never use this system if I were to open a business. I would look into other systems. Rain seems like it would be good, but need to do more research. Vend s HORRIBLE.

Pros: It's easy for employees to search something. I Like how you can export the items to an excel sheet to count and then re-import.

Cons: 1. It is like pulling teeth to get support. they make you write a novel rather than just simply calling- and then don't answer for days. I have been waiting exactly 7 days for my issue to be resolved.
2. Inventory counts are mysteriously inaccurate on a ridiculous amount of items, even after I update it the day prior.. It has been like this the whole 2 years on and off. There is no way it is employee/customer theft. It is program error.
3. The loyalty deletes every time I update a variant...I have to re-enter it every time which is extremely annoying and a complete waste of time.To make it worse, I can't highlight the loyalty amount that's already in there and re-type the same exact thing.. it makes me click the zero loyalty above and then re-click the loyalty amount and re-enter it. Another annoying waste of time. It's not user friendly on the back-end...you have to pay meticulous attention when updating things because of this. Difficult to do while working with customers.
4. This program is very inconsistent.
5. Sometimes my whole update doesn't save at all and I have to redo it 3 times.

by Lucia on 23/04/2018

Hey Kristyn,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Vend POS. I’m very sorry to hear that you feel this way - we want Vend to be as easy as possible for retailers to use so I’m sorry that you’ve found some aspects a little difficult to master. Apologies for any frustration caused by this!

I’m sorry that there was some delay with resolving your issue, sending through all the relevant information (including examples and screenshots) really helps our support team assist you as quickly as possible. The faster we know what’s going on the faster we can help you.

In regards to your issues with inventory, our team have provided you with the steps to fix this and get things working smoothly for you. I hope that that’s all working better now, and if not please don’t hesitate to reach out to us again - we’re here to help!

Best wishes,
Lucia
Vend’s Community Manager

• Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Tony D.
Operations Manager - Retail
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2017

"A good start-up POS software solution through to multiple site or franchise-sized businesses."

Comments: Suitable for start up to multiple site smaller businesses.

Pros: Video and text tutorials are first rate to help start new staff and keep up with areas of growth, like how to do a store credit or introducing gift cards.
Updates to features are added regularly.
The front screen is easily understood and the ability to add preset SKU buttons to the screen or folders on the screen is easy. The adaptability of what we have as a cafe sell screen versus the boutique shop versus our department stores sell screens
PC, iPad or mobile device usability.

Cons: The customer needs to know how to do a product family tree and then set the Types and Tags correctly so that the reporting functions can give data that is segregated correctly.
The Lay-by function acts differently than other software functions. (Sales are not added to the date it is paid off, maybe 2 months later, which means completed sales are understated during the Lay-by period)
There is no method for importing costs within the system. Costs have to added together outside (cost of good, freight, charges, fuel surcharge, import duties, etc.) and then migrated with the receiving function.
We found that our iPad's slow down considerably and we are constantly restarting them, trying to look for and run updates, checking for errored sales, running them through the App Store rather than from the App icon on the desktop.
The sales ledger cannot export for analysis a full days trading with 300 sale transactions.
Reports export as .csv files but won't export well to .xml Need to use Open Office spreadsheet for best and most reliable file integrity.
The Price Book function is limited to two or more identical SKU's (2 of same chocolate block) not product categories (2 types of chocolate block)

• Reviewed on 11/10/2017
Peter D.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2017

"Staff that enter in new stock items, are also be granted access to All your sales history"

Comments: We have been using Vend for 2 years in a retail shop.
Cons;
Beware Employers if you want your staff to enter in "new stock" no matter how junior they maybe they will be able to see all you sales history totals daily monthly, your financial health. Are you ok with that ?
If you don't have many new stock items then that may be fine, but in my case we have new products monthly so all my staff get to see how the business is doing and they see the big amounts of money coming in leading to discussions and justifications about the expenses with union delegates. Would you as an employer really want that, all your sensitive business data out there for all who enter in new stock to see ?? Would you be ok with a competitor finding out you business health ? I,m not. !!
Moving forward what I would like to see in Vend is a stock entry window, or a class just above general cashiers but, below managers for stock entry and stock management, creating new items etc. Well that is my only Con . (Pros)
If that mentioned above is not a problem for you then the rest of Vend is great !!!
Download it and try it out for free, see if it is for you .
For me sadly, it's a deal breaker and after two years I'm looking for another POS solution.

Pros: Great easy to use systems on the front end, stable data base that despite having over 6,000 items with in it doesn't miss a beat. It professional looking. Elegantly handles discounts by either % or by dollar value. Great reports. Integrates well with Xero and my website.

Cons: Beware Employers, anyone who can enter in new stock will see everything, sales history, reports, you sensitive business data, your business health. Download load it try it for yourself. I have raised this with Vend, and my response back was "Is this really a problem?".
For me it is.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2017
Jim T.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2018

"Excellent platform and easy to use."

Pros: Great cost effective software for our retail business. Our associates find it easy to use and has regular updates that are easy to implement.

Cons: Needs more enterprise like features for the back-end inventory management. Some more mobile functionality with payment options would be better.

by Vend on 15/06/2018

Hey Jim, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you and your associates are finding Vend easy to use! If you have any specific feature requests around inventory or would like to let us know what kind of mobile functionality you'd like to see with payment options, please let us know using this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Reviewed on 13/06/2018
James C.
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"Most flexible POS turn-key on the market."

Pros: We originally went looking for a full-featured POS software and found them we originally went looking for a full-featured POS software and found VEND. Imagine or surprise to find a cloud-based solution where everything from inventory to reporting is seamless and integrated.

Cons: About the only feature it is missing and we wished it had is serial number capability for tracking by item.

by Vend on 18/06/2018

Hey James, so pleased to hear that you're so delighted with Vend POS! Not 100% sure what you mean by serial number capability, if you'd like to go into more detail please submit a feature request with our team using the following link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thank you for taking the time to review Vend. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Michael T.
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2018

"Great product"

Comments: So far great product. Like how is it was to setup and the service of having someone walk you through the whole process.

Pros: I like the use of it adding products and all the intergrations it has. Very easy to setup and use to keep track of things.

Cons: Price went up. Big price increase was not pleased.

by Vend on 16/09/2018

Hey Michael, thanks for your positive review of Vend POS. It's wonderful to hear you're finding Vend great to use and you were pleased with your set up. We've recently made some changes to our pricing structure so that we can continue investing in and developing Vend even further. We've already made some significant updates, such as an extensive promotions suite, big changes to our inventory platform, more powerful reporting and real time analytics. We hope these features can be used in your business and help you grow and run exceptional retail. If you have any questions around Vend please reach out to us directly. Best wishes, Vend's Community Manager.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Shannon M.
Team Leader
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"Great, easy to use system!"

Pros: The easy to use functions and layout. It is easy to find what you are looking for, and the service is great whenever there are questions.

Cons: When printing pricing labels, it seems cumbersome. Also, it would be great if there was a function that you could edit the details while it is in list view (ie. in product list)

by Vend on 18/06/2018

Hey Shannon, excellent to hear that you're so happy with Vend POS and thank you for your feedback! If you would like to go into more detail about your printing issue or edit product feature request, please submit a ticket to our team using this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks you for taking the time to review Vend. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Bob B.
president
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2018

"Great value"

Pros: Easy to use. Good value for the money. Reports are nice and easy to read and filter.Works great on a Ipad.

Cons: Slow at times. Seems to lag at times. manual inventory needs to be easier to use with hardware we have.

by Vend on 18/06/2018

Hey Bob, good to hear that you're pleased with Vend's value, usability, and reporting! Sorry to hear that Vend's been running slow for you at times - this could be to do with your hardware or internet connection. If you would like some assistance with this please contact our team using this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. We're here to help! Thank you for leaving a review of Vend POS. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Reviewed on 08/06/2018
Lead Health Coach
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"Excellent POS system"

Comments: Love it & use it daily.

Pros: It connects with our calendar and we can take a payment right from there & it populates their information automatically. Its easy to add products and services

Cons: The register has to be manually closed. Wish there was an automated close feature if it's not closed by a certain time of the evening

• Reviewed on 01/11/2017
Amanda V.
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"Very user friendly and intuitive."

Pros: Stock control options are top notch. The ability to order, return and inventory stock directly from the app is fantastic

Cons: Rather than having the option to use a modifier for an existing product each possible modification needs its own "variant". Not idea in a food service environment.

Angus A.
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2017

"Amazing, easy to use and full featured"

Comments: I've been using Vend for almost 2 years now with a range of clients. I am always blown away by the work Vend does, not only in updating the platform with new features suggested by retailers but also how easy it is for anyone to pick up and use.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2017
Christopher M.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"With a free trial its a no lose"

Pros: I lose this on a couple facts. Free trial for 30 days. On top of their insanely low pricing per month, this software is relatively easy to use

Cons: Monthly cost, no software to purchase and own with no monthly costs. Monthly costs are very low but still over time if you stick with this company it adds up

by Lucia on 24/08/2018

Hey Christopher, thanks for your review - you're correct, it's a 'no lose' situation been able to take Vend's 30-day free trial for a spin! We think it's a great way for retailers to see Vend in action and test the software. Vend plans are available on a monthly or annual billing and Vend runs on Mac, PC, and iPad so retailers can get going on hardware that's up to 90% cheaper than outdated legacy POS systems. That's a huge saving for retailers and allows a lot more easier for retailers when it comes to Thanks again for your review. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Reviewed on 27/07/2018
Elizabeth A.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2016

"Once you get over the basic hurdels VEND will become an invaluable TOOL for any business If you spend the time getting to know the program"

Comments: We have six store plus a warehouse , sure we had some HUGE issues in the beginning manly the Bar code printing, this was fixed up by N/Z Head office
I have recommended VEND to fellow business owners to date 3 have taken up VEND
Simple to use program. Fantastic reporting

Pros: Easy for any staff member to use
detail in reporting

Cons: Inconsistent information from support desk
Help phone not being answered and a call back 48hours later (this is NOT Helpful)
updating information and not thinking how this will effect the End consumer E.G the changes to the credit note

• Reviewed on 30/09/2016
Bryon T.
Retail
    1.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2016

"Still not able to accept EMV transaction after a year"

Pros: Decent POS, second year of the service had fewer outages than the first year. Reporting has improved.

Cons: Still can not provide integrated credit card processing. They partnered with Vantiv to provide a EMV solution. We signed up over year ago and still hasn't been activated. Vantiv has terrible online reviews and judging from 45 minute hold I was on, they are true. Even now Vend is advertising EMV ready credit card terminals with their partner Vantiv. Do not believe them, expect to be swiping and getting the occasional chargeback. People are stating to realize that if they dispute any swiped charge on their credit card, they will win. It is the newest form of shoplifting. Other issues have to do with the day to day workflow of maintaining prices and products. Just poorly designed. Customer Service is just apologies and denial of responsibility

• Reviewed on 15/09/2016
Jenni M.
Sales associate
Furniture, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"My experiences with Vend have been great."

Comments: Love the front end of this product. Its easy to navigate on the ipad and the computer.

Pros: I like how easy it is to navigate. I use vend every day in the showroom and love it. Very user friendly.

Cons: I don't like that sometimes it kicks me out while I am in the middle of doing something on my ipad.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Michael B.
Apparel & Fashion
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2015

"Brilliant for sme startups! Cheap and highly functional. Good value"

Pros: Simple enough to use and can perform most functions needed by small retail operarions!

Cons: Not seamless enough integration to Shopify. I think Vend have released their own ecommerce solution so try exploring that. Must be better.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2015
Tali S.
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2013

Comments: I've only had Vend for a week and I am so ready to switch to another program. Not only does it take their customer support days to get back to you via email, but they promise that when you purchase the software, someone will call you up and help you set up the software for your store. This never happened. Also, attempts to schedule a time with them to do this has been futile. Adding new customers takes way too many steps, the software doesn't save the email addresses when you email receipts (and there is apparently no way to do so, or to check to make sure an email went through). I would recommend not buying the Vend bundle with Barcodes Inc. and PayPal Here. First, if you're using a mobile device as a POS (an iPad, cellphone, whatever), the printer that Barcodes sent you needs an ethernet cable to be plugged into a laptop/desktop computer. When I called Barcodes and asked for a Bluetooth printer instead to work with my iPad, they sent me their Star printer, which actually has good reviews and is a decent printer. Vend is not compatible with the Star bluetooth printer. Three days later of letting Vend support know that I couldn't connect the printer; they let me know that the current version of Vend does not support Star bluetooth printers, but it might in the near future! So, save yourself the additional stress and trouble, and go with a different system/bundle that is tried and true.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2013