• Overall

About CaseFox

A cloud based software for legal time tracking, invoicing, case & client management, online payments and many more all at one place.

Learn more about CaseFox

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used CaseFox before?

Armando R.
Owner in US

Horrible customer service

2 2 months ago

Comments: Come next year I will move out of this program. They dont have a clue about customer support.

Pros:

In the 5 plus years I've used it I cant get a person on the phone and they NEVER call back - only send emails

Cons:

Ability to delete a client which is the method they bill on is exceedingly difficult!!!

2 months ago

Sorry for your experience. We have an exceptional record of providing good customer service. We understood your question and responded immediately. Not sure what is the issue. You wanted to delete some records and we did delete them even though maintaining the data is user's responsibility. We responded within minutes, not sure what was the real issue.

Donn L.
Administrative Assistant in US

Law Firm review

5 6 months ago

Pros:

We like the ease of use for all employees, each having their own log-in access and ability to run personal reports. We also like that it is internet based with information being stored safely off-site. That also allows for use and access outside of the office, whether working at home or traveling.

Cons:

The only issue we have encountered is the ability to set different types of billing for different clients. For example, some plaintiff clients may have deposited a retainer and we need to track that trust account balance and show those balances on invoices. Others are defense clients who are strictly billed by the hour. The Settings for invoicing appears to be an overall setting, and not able to be customized differently for individual clients.

6 months ago

Dear Donn, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We'll definitely use your feedback to make some important changes!

Kurt P.
Principle in US

Happy Client

5 last year

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

It seems to do everything we need. Customer Support is top notch. Quick, reliable, and very responsive if an issue or question arrises. Casefox team is always improving the product.

Cons:

I would like to be able to rearrange the user interface a bit. That might not be possible or it could be cost prohibitive. It works fine the way it is, but you asked.

last year

The team here at CaseFox is thrilled to hear such good feedback from clients like you. We are motivated to make our product better and more responsive day by day. Thankyou.

Peter V.

Easy and Efficient to Use

5 6 months ago

Pros:

I am a solo practitioner. Case Fox is easy to use, keeps track of everything. The mobile app is great for checking on the telephone if not near a computer.

Cons:

I wish it was backed up to the cloud or another means automatically

6 months ago

Thank you for the 5 stars! It's so great to hear that you loved our legal billing software!

Jim C.
CEO in US
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees

A great way to make money

5 5 years ago

Comments: We have a small tax consulting firm. I had been tracking chargeable time on a spreadsheet, and summarizing on the monthly invoices. This software has made thousands of dollars for us in capturing consultant time.

Pros:

It tracks time and charges perfectly.

Saifullah S.
Senior Client Relations Officer in Afghanistan
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees

Its a good product.

5 last year

Comments: It has made things easy for me, although I m not a lawyer but I have learned it very soon.

Pros:

Casefox is easy to use and is user friendly.

Cons:

The case category reporting should be developed further.

Michael B.
Law Practice, Self Employed

Great product for the price with necessary features.

5 last year

Comments: I have been relatively happy with CaseFox.

Pros:

CaseFox is inexpensive and easy to use.

Cons:

It lack many features that are available in other products.

Partner in US
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

Very Good Option for Start-up Law Firm

3 3 years ago

Comments: I would rate my experience fairly positively. Again, it is a great option for a start-up firm because of the pricing and flexibility. But once your firm grows up, you may want to find a more stable and more professional billing program.

Pros:

We did many head-to-head price/functionality comparisons when my partners and I launched our law firm. Casefox's pricing and functionality could not be beat by anyone. We ended up using Casefox for the first 15 months of our practice as we continued to expand our team and our client base. Casefox allowed us to structure billing options the way we wanted, and it easily tracked payments made from our trust account, etc.

Cons:

Three things: there are typos, the bills looked rather unprofessional, and it often glitches! You can tell that it is created and managed by an offshore team because of the English typos. We eventually switched from Casefox to Leanlaw because Leanlaw had a more professional billing system and easily linked to Quickbooks (our accounting software).

Stephen S.
Attorney in US

This is a great timekeeping software that is easy to use.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

I like that it is online, and that my co-counsel in other states can simply log in and enter their time on my cases.

Cons:

If I had to pick something, I would say that sometimes I can get lost in the different tabs of where to go.

Jeffrey F.
Owner in US

Outstanding customer support!

5 5 years ago

Comments: I am a solo practitioner. My corporate clients are now requiring LEDES formatted bills. My existing billing program did not have LEDES format. For the same price I was paying, Casefox provides the formatting I need, plus provides far greater functionality. My greatest praise is for its Customer Support. It responded immediately to my email inquiries, even offering to speak with me by phone and it diligently worked swiftly to help me transfer my unbilled time slips into Casefox. I have only just begun to use Casefox, but expect it to meet and surpass my needs. Based on my experience so far, I highly recommend it.

Pros:

Full functionality. Easy to use.

Cons:

None so far.

Muhammad T.
Muhammad T.
Owner in Pakistan

Most comprehensive software for legal practitioners and law firms to manage their business

3 3 years ago

Comments: Its a comprehansive crm amd billing software for Law firms

Pros:

Great tools for time keeping and invoicing. Batch invoicing is a great time saving feature to manage invoices in a short time. Multiple online payment options for getting payments from clients Google calendar syn and other software like outlook and ical are value added feature

Cons:

Interface is bit complex and difficult to understand. Its difficult to search for any features unless you go through the documentation and explore every feature of software

3 years ago

Thank you for your review. We are going to launch a new interface soon.

Jim C.
CEO in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

This is the greatest improvement to the operation of our practice the last five years.

5 6 years ago

Comments: We have twenty two consultants located around the US and Europe. We had been preparing invoices on our own spreadsheet system and missing a lot of hours. The system is so easy to access that today I am confident that all time charges are made. Invoice preparation is really simple and the product is professional and beautiful. Raj was most helpful in modifying our application since we are not a law firm. We are a tax resolution company with special needs and nomenclature. He was very responsive and the result is totally satisfactory. When I read similar evaluations of products like this I didn't always believe them. This is real. My email address is [email protected] Write me if I can be of any help to you.

Allison S.
Director in South Africa

Excellent

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I absolutely love the versatility of this program and the fact that i can now monitor my staff's productivity throughout the day. These reports can be used for performance reviews.

Cons:

I have only just started using this product so we are still finding our way around it. so far i cannot find anything that i dont like

Foreign Attorney in US
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees

billing software for legal practice

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The feature that we used more is the billing tools that casefox has. IT is very good to keep tracking of the amount of money produces per case per client. This types of software are useful when you are too worried about the legal tasks and not in the administrative tasks such as those related to billing correctly.

Cons:

I wouldn´t change anything about this software however we find another software similar to this one that we are using currently but it has almost the same features of casefox.

Clifford C.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Great software that is constantly improving

5 6 years ago

Comments: I have been using CaseFox for some time now. The price is perfect for a smaller firm that needs access for more than one person. I don't have to think about the additional cost in providing a part-time employee access, because there is no cost. I have used Rocket Matter and Clio, and was not very happy with either. Due to their cost and problems I had with their functionality, I was in the process of developing my own software when someone recommended CaseFox. I am glad they did.

Esteban E.
Founding Partner in US

A Few Words

5 6 years ago

Comments: Casefox has been an excellent tool for our business that has allowed us to work with our clients in a reliable and very effective way. In addition Casefox has an outstanding support which has always solved our needs and problems in a timely and effective way. I would strongly recommend Casefox to any law firm or business that needs a reliable and friendly user billable system.

Martin M.

SCAM

1 4 years ago

Cons:

Software is elementary. When I signed up I asked a lot of questions which were answered to my satisfaction and then approximately one (1) month later I found out that they lied about everything. I wouldn't use this software if it were free. You are better off to avoid CaseFox. They are slick like a fax but only to their customers.

4 years ago

Sorry but not sure what this is about. We are not sure what we lied about. No where it is mentioned that the full use of the software is free. It is funny that this gentleman says he wouldn't use the software even if it is free but he wanted us to allow him to use it for free forever and when the request was declined, he got upset and wrote this review. Apparently the gentleman likes to make mockery of himself and his law office in public.

David T.
Director in UK

Excellent system

5 6 months ago

Pros:

Casefox is simple and clear at effective to implement. It has a great range of features. It puts many more expensive solutions to shame.

Cons:

There were no significant faults with this product

6 months ago

Hi David, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us. We are so glad to have clients like you onboard!

Adria J.
Used the Software for: Not provided

A Solo Attorney's Answer to her prayers!

5 5 years ago

Comments: Great price! Great features! Great customer support! Everything I needed in order to organize and take my business to the next level! Thank you!

William N.

Excellent Customer Service, Excellent Product

5 6 years ago

Comments: Customer service team offered immediate and helpful responses. The software program is legit! Very easy to manage my small business with casefox.

Jonathan B.
Managing Attorney in US
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees

Amazing, cost-effective case management and billing software

5 last year

Comments: We have tried out literally 4-5 different practice management software solutions over the years, and we have finally found one that is simple, straightforward, and cost-effective. We love it.

Pros:

User-friendly, intuitive, easy to fix mistakes...and, of course, the price.

Cons:

Occasional bugs and glitches, which aren't a big deal because I've always been able to find a work-around.

Tom D.
Business Manager in US

Excellent Customer Service

5 9 months ago

Comments: The customer service has been fantastic. Whenever I have a question and submit a ticket, I get a very fast response. They have created a couple unique reports for me that help me do my job more effectively. Cannot say anything negative about their support

Pros:

I think it is quite intuitive in finding information. The reports that I use work well for my needs

Cons:

No real issues. Cannot comment on anything negative. the new dashboard looks good, although I have used it on a very limited basis

9 months ago

Thank you for your response, it means a lot. Happy lawyers are what we feel is important for a business to grow.

Dustin L.
Managing Partner in US

Good Software for Solos

5 last year

Comments: This keeps us much more organized, and being able to access it from pretty much any computer is great. I have not tried this with a phone. While customer support may be overseas, it has ALWAYS been prompt and gotten the issue resolved. They even upon request, at no charge, created an ability for me to get my time sheets auto-uploaded into a State appointed case log required to get paid, which saves us from manually typing entries.

Pros:

Before using this software, we were manually typing billing entries and billing took two days on average. This software is not perfect and not for everyone, but we practice mostly family law and criminal defense and it has been excellent at the basics. I use the old format - I saw the new and instantly switched back, so I cannot write as to new features. I was given this product's name from another attorney - for the price point I think it is hard to beat. If you want an automator, etc. you may want to look elsewhere.

Cons:

There seems to be some issues with Safari browser as to the timekeeper itself. I use mostly PCs, so this is rarely an issue, but it seemed to stop tracking if the computer would go to sleep (ex: while on a call).

Shakeel S.
director in UK
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

product review

5 last year

Comments: We are very happy with the product

Pros:

We have used software far more expensive for case management, which did not have the ease of use and functionality of Casefox. The support is excellent when we have had a problem

Cons:

The improvement I would like to see are more tutorials on youtube in regards to the advance features of the software

Racheal A.
Owner/Attorney in US

Affordable and Easy to use

5 last year

Comments: Professional, easy to use, easy to train, app on phone so I don’t miss billing

Pros:

I Was very intimidated by all of the software out there and I needed some thing that was gonna be easy to use for all employees. There’s even an app on my phone that makes it even easier to use if I’m out and about or at the courthouse. Love this product

Cons:

Billing took some practice and having to write off some amounts because clients don’t pay, appears as income