Sprout Social Reviews

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social offers social media engagement, publishing, analytics, listening and reporting solutions for leading agencies and brands.

Learn more about Sprout Social

Eileen moran C.
Marketing & Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Nicer interface than Hootsuite"

Comments: It puts all our social media profiles in one place for the small businesses that we manage. We can run customized reports that show the analytics for single or multiple profiles to see which posts are the most engaging and our follower/friend counts. Replying to questions or messages is easy to do right in Sprout. It streamlines what would be a cumbersome process of monitoring profiles for about 15 profiles on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You can also see the feeds of handles you follow to find and reply to posts on Twitter.

Pros: Sprout lets you add multiple profiles from multiple platforms and schedule social media posts at whatever times you want or using a queue with times set by you. The listening stream can be customized so that you can choose whatever profiles/hashtags you want to see at that time. You can reply, assign posts, forward posts, retweet, retweet with comments all from the news stream. It works well with Zapier for RSS automatic posting of blog posts also. We started using it about 7-8 years ago, and the price has not changed for us, so it's a very good value for our money. The dashboard is easy to use and has multiple types of views, like calendar, so you can see if you have a lot of messages bunched up and spread them out. Support is good and the Sprout All Stars Slack group is another souce of information. Over time features have changed because of changes to Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn, but Sprout has consistently improved the platform and added or revised features as needed. It's a great tool for small/medium businesses. You can mark messages as read/done to get them out of the stream.

Cons: Sometimes the software logs you out when no one else is trying to log in. It can also sometimes seem like a post has not been scheduled but when you refresh the page, it is there. It works better with Twitter than Facebook or LinkedIn, so if those are your main platforms you may want a different tool. I think the issue may be more with FB and LI changing their rules than Sprout.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2019
Nicholas P.
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2020

"Sprout Social is the best choice when it comes to marketing"

Comments: We have made many customer monitoring efforts with a very effective utility. At the same time the margin of contingencies has given much more importance in sales and marketing departments in general. We managed to automate many market processes that we used to do with a lot of waiting time. I recommend the software to optimize everything related to the form and conduct of business marketing. It has been very systematic to speed up the processes, it is very fundamental to achieve positive aspects.

Pros: I like it because it has given me many advantages to follow up on clients, continuous monitoring of possible sales strategies and in addition to creating very solid advertising projects. It has really been exceptional to corroborate the formation of income and profit support. I think the support does a good job.

Cons: I don't like that it is a little more expensive than other similar software, you should reconsider the subscription costs.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2020
Ellie G.
VP of Marketing
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2020

"Good product, expensive for businesses with multiple social channels"

Pros: Easy to schedule posts, cool upgrades for tracking & analytics. User experience is great

Cons: No snapchat or Tiktok integration. Also, its really expensive if you have multiple social channels. Reasonable price for 10 channels but since each FB, insta, twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest etc counts as 1 channel, 10 goes fast. Also, Insta & FB are owned by same company and you can push your insta post to FB automatically so why do each count as a channel against your 10? We have 3 brands so that means I would have to pay for 18 channels (6 for each) with insta, twitter, FB, GMB, LinkedIn, Pinterest, that pricing gets crazy.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2020
Jessi H.
Stay at Home Mom
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"One of my go-to SM management tools"

Pros: Great user interface (I like it much better than Hootsuite's interface). Customer service is superb! Anytime I had any issues with using SproutSocial, their customer service was a chat or email away. Their customer service seems like a very small team of people, but they are very quick to respond and get to a solution. I've used SproutSocial for several different companies, both large and small, and it works great for managing it all. Analytical reports are clean and better than the ones in Hootsuite. My favorite features are the reports, social listing tools (You can see who's interacting with your company or specific keywords you set up) and being able to 'check off' messages or notifications that you have seen or responded to already. In HootSuite, you cannot do this and sometimes messages can be missed. Another favorite feature in the reporting is being able to compare your company page with competitors and see how you stack up agains the competition. Following/unfollowing accounts on Twitter is another great and useful feature.

Cons: There are a couple social networks that cannot be integrated with SproutSocial, and therefore I have to resort to also using Hootsuite. Things like LinkedIn Showcase Pages, Youtube, Vimeo, LinkedIn groups, Facebook groups to name a few cannot be scheduled or automated. SproutSocial covers the larger social media pages you need to manage like Facebook pages and Twitter. Because it cannot schedule at all social networks, I have to do most of my scheduling in Hootsuite.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017
Shannon W.
Marketing Design Specialist
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2019

"Improvements and Satisfaction from a Graphic Designer/Content Specialist"

Comments: It has been great to consolidate all our social media to one spot. It saves time in planning and gives us the ability to track data, which is the most valuable feature for us. Too many great things to say. Always appreciate the drive for continuous improvement of Sprout Social. I think staying on top ever-changing social features and trends sets Sprout apart.

Pros: So many great features and usability! Truly the the most innovative tool for social media on the market.

Cons: - It would be nice if when you select multiple social media profiles to post to at the same time it would automatically post to the most optimal time for each instead of averaging the time of all of them. - If we have a piece of content that we really want people to see, it would be nice to know optimal send time over a given week instead of only being able to see optimal send time on one given day. Maybe it is a a stat that shows up on your dash board like "the best time to post this week is: Thursday at 12:05 PM." Optimal send times could be its own page or report. - It would be GREAT if you could see a breakdown of business demographics vs personal profile demographics. I think our demographics for Twitter are inaccurate, because most of our followers are businesses/organizations and automatically assign a male gender and random age when they create their profile. - It is not clear in your "Always up-to-date" specs for LinkedIn the exact size of an image when you post it. - Exact image specs for social is kinda confusing. It looks like Twitter's in-post preview doesn't match the specs - graphics get cut off. Also, it looks like Twitter and Facebook also previews different content sizes in addition to what is listed on your specs pages. For example, in-post square images show up on Facebook and Twitter without getting cut off. It would be nice to know all the different sizes each social media sizes that are offered as they change.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2019
Eduardo C.
Community Manager
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2019

"Very helpful to measure brands growth and to create brands strategies"

Comments: We've been working at the agency with the software by 2 years ago and is very useful. We like that in the same platform, we can respond messages, measure the brands growth and schedule the content every month. Features like keyword and tendencies help us to have a real time communication with our client's followers and to create fresh content.

Pros: I like the feature that the software allow me to view and respond received messages from different accounts in different platforms in one feed with the option to apply a filter and view only the messages received in the last 24 hours. This feature maintain the feed organized. Another great feature is the profile comparisson in the different platforms, which is very useful to measure the agency's clients growth. This feature help us to design and improve the brands strategies. Nowadays communication in real time is very important, so the twitter's keyword feature, allow us to listen what are our client's followers talking about in the web, so we can take this insights to generate fresh content that attend their needs and create a feeling of loyalty between the brands and them.

Cons: I don't like that sometimes there are errors with the platforms (Instagram mostly) that doesn't allow to publish the scheduled content. I don't like to do twice an activity that should be done only once.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2019
Kelsey M.
Marketing & Social Media Specialist
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2017

"Sprout Social is the easiest and most intuitive way to monitor multiple social media channels"

Comments: Saves tons of time by having all notifications for all social platforms in one place, saves even more time by letting you respond to them as needed directly from Sprout, helps me stay organized by allowing me to archive completed notifications, scheduling for all platforms and a hybrid scheduling option for Instagram (which is amazing), intuitive analytic reports that are easy to read and understand

Pros: Smart Inbox: this is the best feature I have come across in social monitoring platform. You choose what results you want to see and it shows you all of them from every platform you choosing in one convenient space, and allows you to respond to any comments/messages, follow back, like, delete, etc. without leaving Sprout's website. I have never had a notification slip through the cracks and it helps immensely with interacting with people on multiple channels

Cons: They are a little slow on offering features to utilize updates on social media platforms. They almost always eventually add features, but a nice compromise would be to put out an article or email saying "we know about the update, here's what you need to know, we're working on implementing it on our platform".

• Reviewed on 27/06/2017
Katie D.
Social Media Intern
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"A Killer Deal Needing A Few Tweaks"

Comments: Overall, the software is a killer deal and easy to pick up and use. I do feel like there's more I can be doing with the software than I currently am, but it's hard for me to know what all is in there.

Pros: I work for a non-profit, so this software is a great value for the features it offers. It is fairly intuitive and easy to pick up quickly. I like the calendar view, and I like being able to comment on posts that are being drafted to communicate with my coworkers.

Cons: There are a few weird quirks it would be great to fix, if possible. Having to manually post the multi-picture instagrams leaves a larger margin for human error (I realize this is mostly instagrams fault, but is a consistent issue I have). While I love being able to message my coworkers in sprout, the notification feature for this could use some improvement. Instead of spamming inboxes (why do I get an email when I make a comment..?), it would be great to have red notification flags within the software (I use a desktop, maybe this is available on the app?), so anytime my coworkers log in they can see it. I also find it frustrating that I need to constantly refresh in order to see the most up to date calendar/drafts. We have many marketing team members, so being able to have it auto refresh would be helpful in keeping up with what is most up to date. I wish I was able to send comments when I send a post for approval (ie. Need to add a picture, should we schedule this for xx date, I'm having trouble with this sentence, how would you phrase it, etc), since the notifications on post comments isn't great and my manager doesn't always see them. Lastly, the desktop version has an outdated emoji keyboard available - would love to see it offer all the emojis you can get on your phone.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2018
Ginger M.
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2019

"We LOVE Sprout Social!"

Comments: From the beginning, the Sprout team that has worked with us has been friendly, easy going, fun to talk to, and answered all of our questions. Their chat, customer service, and account managing team is great to work with.

Pros: This is practically a "do-it-all" tool. As long as I've been in the social media marketing business, we've been looking for a tool that has everything we need in one. Sprout Social certainly gets close with it's ability to produce, schedule, and post our content, store images in a library, organize our clients in folders and teams, produce reports and share analysis and metrics that are important to us. We're currently looking into using it's listening capabilities and then we'll pretty much have all we need.

Cons: We've noticed different team members have to use different web browsers to access full functionality of Sprout. Some of us are good on Chrome, while others works better with Safari or Firefox. Haven't had this issue with any other tools we use, but noticed it in particular about this one.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2019
Jason Y.
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Sprout Social is the social media platform that I use for my marketing consulting business."

Comments: Sprout Social provides me the ability to more efficiently manage my client's social media efforts. and do so affordably.

Pros: After reviewing a few options, I landed on Sprout Social as my choice for managing social media for my clients. The biggest reason has to do with the user experience. They have the best UI by far of any platform I've used, and it's laid out in a way that makes it very easy to understand everything you're working with. The ease of managing multiple clients and switching between them is great. The group feature helps keep things organized and separate. The reporting also looks fantastic and is very easy to use.

Cons: I wish they made it easier to compose content across multiple social media channels. I feel they could do a better job with this. While the pricing is fair, the agency platform is a little difficult to grow into if you run an agency and manage multiple clients. Instead of charging on # of users, it's geared more on # of profiles, which can get pricey.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Digital Marketing Associate
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Great for Posting, Monitoring, and Analyzing Social Media"

Pros: Sprout Social is the best solution I've found for managing all social media platforms from one site, including LinkedIn

Cons: It could be easier to respond to social media comments. For example, you can't "reply" to a comment, you can only add an additional comment on Facebook.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Senior Business Analyst
Higher Education
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2018

"Sprout Social is a great service that makes it easy to monitor social media engagement."

Pros: Most importantly, I like the ability to monitor keywords so I know when non-followers have mentioned my products. I also like having a single inbox that allows me to monitor multiple social media accounts in one place. Being able to schedule posts easily is a great feature.

Cons: I understand that Facebook is no longer going to allow Sprout Social to post to personal Facebook accounts. I think this will be a big drawback, but I also believe Facebook is losing its relevance. I wish it were easier to post images to Instagram via Sprout Social. The extra steps of needing to select a publisher and only being able to use it with Instagram business accounts, makes posting directly on your phone without using Sprout Social easier.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2018
Rosalinda C.
Marketing Specialist
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2019

"Customer Service can't be beat"

Comments: We use Sprout for scheduling posts and running reports and it has been great for that.

Pros: I appreciate the ease of which you can contact someone for support - from technical to billing. That alone can make or break a product. The overall quality of this app is good, but there are some bugs and limitations. I've used other scheduling apps, but so far this one has been my favorite.

Cons: Sprout is not always at the technological forefront of the features that they offer. They usually eventually "get there" but you will probably see something you wish it had on another app first. I really wish Sprout would go into archiving - it would be amazing to have one social media platform do everything from posting, reporting to archiving.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2019
Social media specialist
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"Very good social media tool, very good support, but needs to work on some features"

Pros: Sprout Social is really pretty easy to learn and use. Like most pieces of software, it has aspects you might not need to use right away, but you don't need to learn about them to jump in and begin using the tool. Very easy for community management within the tool, and publishing posts is easy, as well. Also, their bulk import functionality makes it really easy to import months of content at a time.

Cons: There are some glitches in their bulk import functionality that I'm trying to sort out with their customer support team. I have found some workarounds on my own. I do wish it was possible to export content for a particular time period into an Excel spreadsheet, but at present it can only be exported at PDFs. This makes it hard to repurpose content if you haven't already put it into a spreadsheet for bulk import.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019
Carolyn A.
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2017

"SproutSocial helps my small team do big things"

Comments: With so much evergreen content in the tourism industry, the ability to schedule repeated content several months out saves me so much time. The Smart Inbox has been so helpful for me. Since it works like an email inbox, it helps me to know social messages I've addressed or still need to address. My company has many members that can be retweeted in our social feed. Advanced Retweet is my favorite new feature.

Pros: The platform is robust and has helped my social media team of 1 out immensely. When I had an intern this summer, it was easy to get her onboarded with the tool by adding a seat. The price is right. Their support team is quick and helpful. We had a more "advanced" tool in the past, but Sprout Social fit our content and tagging needs better.

Cons: Sometimes tasks take a few extra clicks than I believe they need to. And I'd like the ability to add tags instead of being restricted to a certain number (based on how we use tags).

• Reviewed on 20/09/2017
Jack C.
Client Services Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"Fantastic, i've loved working with Sprout since we started with it in 2015."

Comments: Allows us to carry out day to day running of social media interactions from 9am - 9pm 7 days a week, with minimal to no interruption. Fantastic support team and excellent reporting facilities.

Pros: Sprout seamlessly allows you to control and monitor social media interactions within one feed, for a huge amount of pages and still allows it to be tangible. Not only that, but the reporting on offer is second to none, providing clients with real time data on how their social campaign is performing.

Cons: Like all big social media management software platforms, there's an occasional glitch (to be expected in my opinion, given the magnitude of data they're working with), but given how robust and responsive the support is from Sprout, the issue is clearly communicated and often solved quickly.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2017
Digital Communications Manager
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"Love this product!"

Pros: Sprout Social offers social media scheduling functionality, including timing, drafts, responses, canned response, retweeting, etc., for multiple platforms and multiple accounts. It offers detailed analytics, demographics, and more, with fully customizable time frames. Sprout Social also offers easy, communicative, and helpful customer support, in the rare case of issues or concerns.

Cons: I don't always trust Sprout Social's analytics, which sometimes differ from Facebook's and Twitter's internal analytics reporting.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Associate Community Manager
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2019

"The Best out of a Large Field"

Pros: Sprout Social is the best of the social media management platforms that I've used, and I've used a lot. The interface is minimalist and user-friendly, but still capable of handling virtually any consumer need. Social media is all about communication and, in my opinion, communication should be simple. It should come naturally and it shouldn't feel forced. Sprout Social doesn't get bogged down in the industry jargon and it doesn't overwhelm you with the analytics. It feels like it's designed for someone who wants to communicate with costumers but isn't necessarily savvy in online marketing...and that's a good thing.

Cons: Certain social media channels curb back the exposure and engagement level of posts set up through platforms such as Sprout Social. That's not the software's fault, but it is an unfortunate occurrence that is worth noting.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2019
Public Relations Manager
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"Sprout Social is a lifesaver!"

Comments: Sprout has been instrumental in managing multiple social media channels!

Pros: Sprout Social is arguably the most intuitive dashboard for social media monitoring. Great capabilities to export reports and evaluate the success of your social media channels in real time.

Cons: As Facebook has tightened restrictions on third-party platforms, some of the monitoring capabilities have decreased over time. Of course, this is not Sprout's fault. Also, there is a slight delay in posts/comments being pushed to the messages feed.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
Rachel S.
Social Media Specialist
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"Great, but there's always room for improvement."

Comments: This software saves me time from flipping back and forth between platforms which gets tedious.

Pros: What I like most about Sprout Social is how easy it is to schedule all of our social posts and how I'm able to flip back and forth between "companies."

Cons: I'm not sure I have anything I like least, but what I find annoying is how when I go to track my stats, all of the bigger numbers are shortened to 34.6K. I'd prefer to see the whole number like this: 34,589. Super minor, but something I'd prefer.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2018
Senior Associate, Digital Healthcare
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2018

"i used this program as a social media management tool"

Comments: it was a good platform to manage all social content for multiple clients

Pros: i liked that it created a seamless process to post and manage all social media content. when working with multiple clients, having everything in one platform makes it easy to keep track of. i also liked the analytics portion and how you could download reports right from the dashboard.

Cons: the program was a bit glitchy. there were multiple times where the program would shut down or be closed for maintenance.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Emma M.
Director of Communication
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Easy to use"

Comments: I appreciate the interface, the ease of use, and the analytics. And it's just super helpful to be able to plan content in one place. To be honest though, I keep alternating between Hootsuite, Sprout, and Buffer because I'm not sold on any one. Falcon would be my ideal but it's just so expensive.

Pros: I appreciate the ease of use for new and seasoned users alike. The analytics are helpful, too.

Cons: The pricing - you can get the same level of access and features for less with other less clean options.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Gaby B.
Social media coordinator
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2018

"Great value and everything I could need to run a social Media dept."

Pros: Sprout Social is constantly improving their functionality and really takes the time to listen to their consumer needs. Scheduling and reporting is made easy, and I love how easy it is to organize all my client files separately. Tagging on the reporting is also a nice feature.

Cons: Reporting can feel a little bit limited. I suspect that's got more to do with the social platform's API. Also, their social listening tool only works for Twitter.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2018
Danielle B.
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2019

"Easy to use, but lacking some features and automation"

Comments: Overall experience was satisfactory, if you are looking for a platform to schedule social media posts then sprout social is great. If you are looking for a more robust platform for a larger team or deeper insights, it might not be the platform for you.

Pros: The user experience was great, easy to navigate, support was immediate and constantly in communication about new features.

Cons: Lacking ways to duplicate posts across multiple platforms. We had to pay per user, which can get pricey if you are a larger team. Analytics were not so robust and were not unique to each post link if it was posted multiple times.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Jennifer S.
Vice President of Programs
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2017

"Great software for managing multiple social media platforms."

Comments: Very easy to manage social media platforms.

Pros: I really like the multiple options available on Sprout and the ease of use. We have tried other management tools for social media but they were not user-friendly or did not connect to all platforms. My favorite features are the publishing/scheduling tool and the reports. It is really easy to schedule a post on multiple platforms at the same time and advises you on the guidelines of each platform as you go so the post will not be rejected. It also gives you multiple reports for free to review your progress and set goals. I use the messaging feature as well.

Cons: It would be nice to be able to view all of the feeds on this software and post on Pinterest as well.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2017