15 years helping Emirati businesses

About XLSTAT

The leading data analysis and statistical solution for Microsoft EXCEL®. Analyze, customize and share your results.

Learn more about XLSTAT

Pros:

Easy to use and handle, no turning and easy to learn.

Cons:

Sometimes the difficult in reinstall the old versions in other computers.

XLSTAT ratings

4.6
4.5
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

XLSTAT has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 382 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used XLSTAT before?

Samuel
Samuel
Medical physicist in Slovakia
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use add-on to Microsoft Excel for Statistical Analysis

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Ease of installation. Ease of use. Makes statistical tests beyond the default Excel functionality available. A verbal interpretation of results.

Cons:

Slows Excel down when opening spreadsheets with many results.

Svend Bertil
Senior News Editor in Austria
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Comprehensive Data Analysis Made Easier

Comments: XLSTAT is a great data analysis software for businesses that need to quickly analyze large amounts of data. It has a wide range of features and tools, making it easy to generate insights from data. The user interface is intuitive and the ability to integrate with other programs is a great plus. However, it can be expensive and users should be aware of compatibility issues before buying.

Pros:

XLSTAT is a comprehensive data analysis software that makes it easy to tackle complex data analysis tasks. With its intuitive user interface, users of all levels of expertise can quickly develop insights from their data. It has a wide range of features and tools, including advanced statistical testing, data visualization, and predictive analytics. The software also integrates with other programs like Microsoft Excel, making it easy to transfer data back and forth.

Cons:

Despite the range of features, there are some drawbacks to using XLSTAT. The software can be a bit expensive, particularly for small businesses with limited budgets. There are also some compatibility issues with certain versions of Excel, so make sure to check this before buying. Additionally, the user interface can be a bit overwhelming for first-time users.

Siau Choon
Sensory Manager in US
Chemicals, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Kerry Ingredients SSC review

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, it covers the essential sensory tools and methodologies used by Sensory Science these days such as TCATA, Temporal and Time Intensity. Still fiddling on these features.

Pros:

Tutorials and the statistical rationale behind the step. Technically sound.

Cons:

Window commands and prompt messages. It takes a while to understand the lingo.

Marcus
Assistant Extension Professor in US
Environmental Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

XLSTAT works well for Windows, but not Macs

Comments: I thought this software was a great idea, and it works really well on a Windows machine. I tried it several times (several versions) on a Mac, and was always disappointed. The support staff acknowledges that the performance on a Mac is less than on a PC

Pros:

It is easy (and powerful) to interface this package with Excel on a Windows machine, but it's disappointingly slow (and crashes) on a Mac.

Cons:

This software doesn't work well on a Mac.

Catalin
PhD Student in Romania
Research, 1,001–5,000 Employees

More Easy fit options and improved VAR needed

Comments: Excellent!!! Really a game changer. It exceeded my expectations.

Pros:

R functions integrated, especially AML ones, and the bundle of statistical functions.

Cons:

There is nothing that I didnt't like the least. Perhaps an improved vector autoregressive would be needed to reach the quality of the one in Eviews with impulse charts integrated.

Shaoyang
Shaoyang
Senior Research Assistant in Australia
Food & Beverages, 5,001–10,000 Employees

I recommend every researcher/student buy XLSTAT

Comments: I handle most of my sensory evaluation data and consumer data using XLSTAT. It is super easy and smooth to complete the data feeding – processing – reporting procedure. Now it only takes me 10 mins to finish all thoes steps (without XLSTAT, 2–3 days might not be enough)

Pros:

Economic, user-friendly, comprehensive online tutorial, customised training courses, best integration to Excel, up-to-date solutions, customer service

Cons:

Some functions have bugs that cause Excel collapse. I always identify these bugs and report them to Addinsoft. They always contact me the next day and fix these bugs as fast as they can.

Ngha
Data Analyst in Cameroon
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Amazing software for statistical analysis right from within excel

Comments: Overall, I am satisfied with XLSTAT in terms of value for money and ease of use. Given that I have advanced level knowledge in excel, this streamlines my workflow significantly with the way it is integrated into excel.
However the price is really on a high end.

Pros:

The one thing that keeps me coming back to XLSTAT despite many alternatives is the ability of the software to write a summary interpretation of statistical tests

Cons:

The software is very expensive compared to other software that can do similar statistical analysis

Ovidiu
Dr in Romania
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

XLstat-a software worth considering

Comments: As I have already written, it helped us in our medical research

Pros:

It was a good support in medical research. The calculations and diagrams that were written with it made possible for us to publish in high-ranking publications

Cons:

I do not know anything that could be done, everything worked well

Sharon
Principal Scientist in US
Renewables & Environment, 10,000+ Employees

XLStat works

5.0 last month New

Comments: Excellent. Easy to use and intuitive. Would highly recommend.

Pros:

XLStat is easy to use so I highly recommend it

Cons:

The cost--it is unreachable for most of my students in graduate programs. My company purchases it for me and my staff but the access is limited to the few computers available.

Masson
Maitre de conférences in France
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

For use in educational research

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: The software is easy to access for non-statisticians as far as the basic needs for my research are concerned.

Pros:

The visualisation and description sections are well documented

Cons:

Lack of tutorials for using data analysis

Professor in Colombia
Research, 501–1,000 Employees

Versatile, easy-to-use, all-you-need statistics package

Comments: XLSTAT has been a "one-stop" statistical analysis tool for me, a real time-saver, improving my ability to explore complex datasets without hopping around different programs. In less than 5 minutes I can run all kinds of statistical analyses (and try out different approaches) to resolve a specific question, and then return to my raw data Excel spreadsheet without having to hop around between different applications. The results simply appear as a new worksheet, to which I can return at a later time, if need be. I have been able to run every common statistical analysis with this program. I highly recommend it for students as well as more senior researchers. The cost is reasonable if you compare it with the time saved.

Pros:

XLSTAT provides all the common statistics analyses I need for my research and it works seamlessly-integrated into Excel--which is a huge plus. This makes it easy to work from existing Excel workbooks, without having to re-format and re-code data tables. Simply select the columns you want to analyze--and away you go! I can run any statistical analysis in less than 5 minutes and return to my same dataset--with a new perspective. All characteristics and functionality of Excel remain, which is helpful when working with annotated datasets (colors, figures, images). Results of each statistical analysis appear neatly as separate worksheet--great for maintaining a record of all analyses (and variations) performed on a given dataset (i.e. when writing a manuscript). The different statistical functions of XLSTAT also have an intuitive "Excel feel" to them, so no need to learn coding. The statistical outputs are very smart and thorough (and customizable)--including complete tables, figures and tests of assumptions (e.g. for Anovas).

Cons:

While there is an extensive help menu, sometimes the online explanations aren't sufficiently self-explanatory to understand, requiring trial-and-error. However, thanks to smooth integration into Excel and the useful feed-back from XLSTAT when you do make an error, you can usually get to the solution you need very quickly. My feeling is that if you have difficulties running a particular, unusual analysis in XLSTAT then you probably will have even greater difficulties in another program.

Giovanna
Consumer & Sensory Insights Manager in Brazil
Food Production, 10,000+ Employees

The Best Statistical Software to Sensory & Consumer Insights

Pros:

I am a heavy user of XLStat since 2013, and I really like how easy it is to manage and run the analysis once all the essential functions are part of excel, and the statistical tests are easily shown in a very well-organized menu. I usually conduct preference mappings, PCA, cluster analysis, ANOVAs (with all post hoc options), Penalty Analysis, Qui-square, and Panel Check analysis. There are many tutorials, database examples, and videos on YouTube that make possible any new analysis that I may need to access. I feel confident and safe with the software to generate business results and glad for the attention and agility of the sales and technical teams.

Cons:

Nothing, I really love XLStat and it is excellent!

Barbara
Consumer Insights Head manager, Fragrance in Mexico
Chemicals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Useful and Essential tools for Market Research professionals

Comments: I always had a great experience with XLSTAT even when I don't know how to do something, it's really intuitive, with patience and determination, we always find the solution !

Pros:

I like the way it presents the results and the fact that I can rework each graph to make it more eye-catching. It's really easy to work on data even if we have to practice a bit to master it! It's so much easier than a R software or a pyhton and the info we get is really valuable to understand and get conclusions about a survey. We can almost do everything!

Cons:

Sometimes it takes me a little while to figure out how to organize the data to get what I want, maybe we could have video tutorials when we buy the license with training exercises around linear regression, penalties , ANOVA, ACP/AFC. Fortunately, you can find videos on the internet but sometimes I need something really specific, it could be great to have more personalized help too. I don't know maybe include a training session with a professional once a year when buying the license (or put it as an option that we could add?)

Robert
Prof. in Germany
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Highly recommendable for all Excel users in science

Comments: Using it for a few years now and cant imagine using EXCEL without it.

Pros:

XLSTAT provides basic functionality that is not available in MS EXCEL- most importantly non-parametric tests. Scientists have to understand that the majority of their data is not normally distributed, consequently the tests MS EXCEL contains are not sufficient. While EXCEL is a powerful and often underrated tool, its functionality is incomplete without XLSTAT. To my students I recommend to use at least the free XLSTAT basic version.

Cons:

Unfortunately, there is still no compendium of all commands and the corresponding sytnax. E.g. if you dont want every result to be displayed on a new sheet, but rather in EXCEL style in a single cell, you need to use XLSTAT commands, such as "=XLSTAT_MannWhitney(array1,array2,a) - here, a stands for tails, but nobody knows what you have to enter… this is poor. I feel it cant be that hard to add a complete list of commands with syntax.

Adriana
Dr in Argentina
Food Production, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Use of classic and multivariate tools to explain the behaviour of oxidation in food

Comments: My experience is great. I will continue using XLSTAT as a helping tool for my research. The tutorial help also a lot in order to put the data in the correct form and to share experiences with other users.I would suggest more specilized tutorials or free formation on this software.

Pros:

The integration of the software with excel is the key of XLSTAT. I'm not statician, but use statistics to contrast and model the experimental results.Data are easily formatted, I prefer rows for treatments and columns for measured variables.Using a combination of ANOVA tools along with PCA, I was able to demonstrate which fatures are related to the oxidative stability of different types of foods . Also the use of non-linear regression allows to predict the behaviour of these parameters during time. All these analysis, done on the same database and with easily exportable figures is a great help for researchers.

Cons:

Sometimes I found difficulties to find the best fitting model to the data. Also drawing centroids and confidence ellipses is sometimes difficult

Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees

The Collaboration of XLSTAT & Excel

Comments: After using XLSTAT, I realized it is useful for studying to help understanding of statistics, math, and data in deep. Recommending using XLSTAT if you want to start with Finance.

Pros:

Since I started studying at the University with Commerce - Finance major, I have had to use XLSTAT for the Statistics course. The function of XLSTAT was amazing. It could install with Excel and use to calculate with many features associated with Excel. It helped my course became easier than at the beginning. It analyzed and calculated data, statistics, and numbers. Learning more different tools and skills from XLSTAT that could apply to practice and the real world.

Cons:

It was hard at the beginning to go through all the instructions to understand how it works and installs it into Excel. It takes time but it is helpful for our works and studies.

Humberto
College professor in Venezuela
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Excellent experience

Comments: Share research results for the constant updating of my knowledge in the statistical area specifically in the processing of multivariate data

Pros:

Its interface is very friendly and meets most of the requirements I need for the processing of statistical data

Cons:

Actually almost everything I like would not take anything away as they constantly update them and incorporate new statistical tools for data processing.

Lumivero Response

6 years ago

Thank you very much for your excellent review Humberto C., the whole XLSTAT team thanks you

Sophie
Research PI in France
Research, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very useful and powerful software in excel environment

Comments: I have become used to solve statistical issues for colleagues because it is easy to use and powerful but does not require a special language

Pros:

Easy to use but powerful It allows to perform excel analyses/sorting in parallel to statistical analyses. Lots of options are available in the different analysis tools Different packages are available so one does not have to pay for analyses that one will never use. Lots of tutorials are available

Cons:

It does not allow to draw nice graphs of the results such as graphpad prism. This is a shame as most of my colleagues in biomedical research prefer Prism just because of these graphs that can be modified and edited easily More tutorials could be added for more complex analyses (such as paired samples eg)

siti musliha
student in Malaysia
Sports, Self Employed

THE BEST EVER XLSTAT

Comments: XLSTAT help me solving analysis for my PHD thesis that concentrated in talent identification in sports. Machine learning is the best part i found in XLSTAT. Since the application of machine learning in sports is very new, XLSTAT make me easier to run the data and interpret it. Thanks XLSTAT!

Pros:

XLSTAT has provided fully solution for my PHD thesis especially in pre-processing procedure, data analysis and visually describe my result beautifully. Besides, proper explanation in each output is really helpful so that my interpretation in writing became easier. In addition, i can found the tutorial for every analysis i needed easily.

Cons:

i try very hard to find out the part that i like least about this software. but i cant found it. Sorry.

Pharmaceuticals, 2–10 Employees

A must in the field

Comments: I do clinical trials and lab data analysis (and quality control) and am happy with the overall performance. Cut and paste to the reports is easy. Fine tool.

Pros:

First, it is not based on an enormous statistical package and the articulation with Excel is most of the time excellent. Second it is very reliable and easy to use (at least if you are a little bit familiar with the field). Third, it does many things and some versions are very complete, enough to satisfy in most cases all your needs. Fourth, you'll find very specialised analysis or tests beside the common ones. Fifth, the value for money is excellent and the accompanying doc is extensive.

Cons:

Well, some repetitive analysis are boring, but it does the job.

Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Probably easiest statistical tool to use

Pros:

I like how the software allows me to do my data analysis with ease, as compared to STATA, which requires a great deal of practice and knowledge in order to use it effectively.

Cons:

Some features are of relatively insignificant importance. Also, the display of outputs does not look really attractive to me.

Heidi
Sales Director in South Africa
Market Research Software, 2–10 Employees

Use of Xlstats for Consumer Research data analyses

Comments: We were looking for an easy to learn and use software that would help us analyses our research data, this software really does this.

Pros:

1.Easy of use and easy to train new staff on the software 2.Excellent help files and video 3. Fully automated graphs produced

Cons:

There is nothing wrong with the software

April
Student in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Lifesaver!!

Pros:

Xlsat has allowed me to analyze and predict data beyond any scope I have before. I thought I would not understand statistics but this software helped me become an A student!

Cons:

I’m still learning new things everyday that the software can do, it would be cool if there were links or small explanations as to what “regression”actually is for example.

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Great features, easy to use

Comments: We can run all the complex statistical analyses very easily. A must have in our department!

Pros:

This software is powerful, yet very easy to use. The user interface is very intuitive and user friendly. The "research" toolbar is also a great feature to quickly find the desired test. The online help centre and tutorials are also a great source of knowledge.

Cons:

Nothing really. If I had to pick something though, I would say that it is a shame that tools cannot be bought individually. Sometimes you just need one tool (i.e. Penalty analysis), but you need to buy the full package/module (i.e. the Sensory).

Chenguang
PhD candidate in Germany
Biotechnology, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A review on XLSTAT from a PhD candidate

Pros:

The ease of use; the instruction/manual on the website is very detailed; the technical support response me via email very quickly; the functions meet most of my daily statistical analysis requirement. Especially the power functions in sensory analysis module.

Cons:

I hope XLSTAT could develop more multivariate analysis functions, e.g. OPLS-DA, currently, only PLS-DA is available. In addition, it is also necessary to add cross-validation and permutation test of (O)PLS-DA. It would be great to offer more features regarding the plotting function.