• Overall
    4.3/5
    4.1/5
    3.8/5

About Dayforce

A global HCM platform that transforms the employee experience.

Learn more about Dayforce

Diane R.
Payroll Manager
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"Our experience with Day force has been great from Implementation on. We never felt alone."

Comments: Before Dayfore, we were using three different systems. One for payroll, one for time and attendance, and another for HR. We had to import data from one system to another so there was the potential of data dropping off. We were able to combine three systems into one with Dayforce. Since Ceridian uses one solution, once an employee is hired they are visible in all parts of the system immediately. No more waiting for overnight updates. Ceridian cut my payroll processing time by 40%, which allows me more time to audit my work. There are some great audit reports built into the system, which I run every payroll. They point to problems with can be corrected before we finalize for the week. The ability to run wage and tax registers, and W2's anytime of the year, allows me to fix any potential problems, which in turn make year end a breeze. My employees now are able to manage some of their own data, which alleviates the burden off HR and Payroll and allows the employee to update their records when it is convenient for them.

Pros: I love that it is one solution. No more imports, no more worries about data dropping off. The test portal allows us to set up new deductions and earnings, and test them before putting them into production. The future dating feature works really well. It allows us to enter increase early and test them in a future payroll to see how the employees pay check will look, and gives us more time to audit our changes thus relieving some of the stress that comes with year end. The education portal is a big plus. It allows us to learn at our own pace, and to schedule that classes that are helpful for each administrative role.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2017
Chiquitta H.
Benefits Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees

"Dayforce User"

Comments: Dayforce allows our organization to house all of our employee records and performance reviews. Previously we had ADP and we had issues with retaining employee records with accurate information.

Pros: Very easy to maneuver through screens once you get the hang of what you want to see.

Cons: Terminated employees were not included in the search feature but this has recently changed and a box has been added to show those employees.

Shreshthi M.
HRIS Manager
Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2020

"Dayforce - HR and Payroll software"

Comments: It is a good product. It is cloud based which makes is highly desirable during the pandemic. Customer support is also very helpful.

Pros: A lot of features are easy to adapt and there is less of a learning curve. The software can be used for a host of HR functions from payroll to recruitment, LMS, performance management and more.

Cons: The system has a vast number of features and one needs to rely on a consultant for customization. Advanced knowledge of software engineering is necessary while creating reports or XML forms.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2020
Helen D.
Payroll & Benefits Mgr
Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Dayforce - Implementation Beware"

Comments: Bumpy at best. Some days I actually say I miss ADP.

Pros: I like the 'one' database aspect the best.

Cons: Implementation was very lacking. Nearly a disaster. I am over 2 years in and still have not been able to get everything we originally intended to do up and running.

Nick T.
Hospital Manager
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2020

"Dayforce Review"

Comments: Overall I am happy with the product. We used ADP prior to switching to Dayforce and this platform is much more user friendly than the ADP platform. I only had to do one roll out training on this new system and my employees have been able to figure out the rest! Very user friendly.

Pros: This platform is so easy and intuitive! I love the scheduling feature. You employees can enter blocked days which makes it even easier! Approving time off and employee shift exchanging is so easy on this platform!

Cons: My least favorite feature of this platform is the messaging! It seems so simple to include this feature, but we have trouble getting another employees information to populate so the message can be sent to them. We are able to send large messages to everyone, but individuals seems to have an issue.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2020
Software Engineer
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2019

"Decent HR Software Program That Gets the Job Done"

Comments: Dayforce HCM is our main source for anything employee-related and it has been a consistent and useful resource for us. It has the information we need and when we need it, and we can trust and depend on them to provide the functionalities we require. Although not as UI/UX friendly as other software platforms such as Workday, it is a relatively cheap platform that allows employees to do what they need to do.

Pros: Dayforce HCM is a good HR software program in that it is a cloud-based platform for workforce management and other essential things such as payroll, benefits, and document management. It essentially gets the job done for the common employee and offers enough functionality to be a useful platform.

Cons: The overall aesthetic feel and functionality wasn't as smooth and intuitive as the previous HR software our company used, which was Workday. It's not a dealbreaker but it goes a long way to empower the user to feel like they understand and to a large degree have a comfortable control of the app in the first few experiences.

by Ceridian on 03/09/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback!

Your insight is very valuable and we appreciate you spending the time to share your experience.

Very best,

• Reviewed on 30/08/2019
Anna J.
Payroll and Benefits Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees

"Happy Customer"

Comments: Our payroll is much easier, HR processing is a bit harder than prior and reporting is good but complex.

Pros: Flexibility, customer support, sales team, leadership

Cons: Complexity. The software is so powerful that it becomes quite confusing .

Shannon M.
Payroll Administrator
Sports, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Best Decision We've Made"

Comments: We do not use paper time sheets, this has the HR function which we have never had before.

Pros: Payroll and HR is more efficient. It's easy to use an learn. I love the educational feature.

Cons: There is really nothing I don't like. I think we were so outdated on the system we had before that everything on this system was an improvement.

HR Operations
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 Employees

"Dayforce HCM Software"

Comments: So far going smoothly but some disconnect with the implementation consultant.

Pros: It has a lot of features that will keep all employees and managers happy throughout the use.

Cons: Lot of at times unclear connecting steps and very long process.

Maryam G.
HR Manager
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"Poor Customer Service Experience"

Comments: Not a very pleasant experience when you ask for an additional customized report for eight months and it is not done yet.

Pros: It is user friendly at some points and it is very popular.

Cons: The Customer Service is really poor. I have been asking for this report that I used with the system that I used with the system I had used prior to Ceridian Dayforce. It has been eight months and it is not done yet. It is impacting our HR and accounting system big time. The team that they outsource their job to, is not very competent even though I love to work with main Ceridian team.
It is really difficult to make any changes. I have to call customer support for almost everything as I dont have access to so many things to do.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
Maribeth T.
Accounting/HR System Analyst
Paper & Forest Products, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Dayforce HCM Review"

Comments: We have been able to become more paperless with Dayforce. For the most part, payroll processes correctly each pay period. Open Enrollment saved lots of time and paper and the employees seemed to really like the process. I think as we learn to use all of the functionality of the system, we will find more benefits and cost-savings. We are just disappointed that we did not get this information/recommendations from our implementation team. And the fact that modules that should have been live and working properly at the time of implementation are still not functional has been extremely frustrating. Our HR Admins are doing more work now, than they did before implementing Dayforce , where Attendance Management is concerned.

Pros: The system has lots of flexibility and functionality - unfortunately our implementation did not go very well (we are still working on it over a year after going live) so I don't believe we are using the system to its full capacity. The user experience is really friendly. Our current employees and onboarding employees like the system.

Cons: It seems that the implementation team wants to cut you off long before the system is running as expected. It's wonderful that Ceridian is working on so many great, new, cutting-edge options but our users (PR/HRAdmins, Managers) just want the current functionality to work properly. We are still submitting lots of tickets to support on a weekly basis and we have found the quality of support to be herky-jerky. Some of the reps are really good and others seem to just want to get the case off their plate without full resolution of the issue.

Stephen S.
HRIS Administrator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2017

"Review of Dayforce HCM"

Comments: Having used Dayforce HCM for over 5 years, I can honestly say that it is an incredible piece of software that is ever-expanding, and the developers are always hard at work creating more modules. As opposed to previous systems where it required multiple file feeds internally, which would constantly update one place such as the HR record, but would not update in Payroll, Self Service, Benefits, or wouldn't update in any of them; with Dayforce however, there are no longer such data integrity issues, as it uses one database to house it all. It also also far easier on the eyes than some previous systems, and the ad-hoc reporting along with topic builder make creating custom reports quite easy (once you get the gist of how it works - there is a learning curve if you don't take the training - but if you're savvy, it's quite robust). The key with Dayforce is IMPLEMENTATION. If you are not diligent, clear, and thorough with the discovery stage and throughout implementation, it will haunt you down the road. Make a team, dedicate someone to nothing but testing and making sure you've got it doing what each team/department/manager/user needs it to do, just do something to make sure you are comfortable with the application and get what you need, otherwise you will spend a lot of time fixing issues with upset employees . Ceridian has grown their teams vastly, so the support reps can be hit and miss, but if you are techy and willing to learn the system, it is far superior to the others out there, and can be very low maintenance.

Pros: One database means data is always consistent throughout modules. The flexibility within the configuration is unmatched. Beautiful appearance and very user-friendly.

Cons: The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2017
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Dayforce has changed HR and Payroll at our organization in a postive way!"

Pros: Once we went live on Dayforce is felt like we left the dark ages for the electronic age! No more paper times sheet which several people handled, the employee punching the time clock, the supervisor totaling hours, identifying how many at regular pay, how many at overtime 1.5, how many vacation hours, how many hours against sick time, where were they transferred, etc. Once the supervisor wrote all of this, then someone in HR got to key this information into a "Green Screen" and the file was uploaded to a payroll system and you hoped the data would flow though without errors or dumping. With Dayforce, the employee now requests time away in Dayforce, the supervisor either approves it or denies it, if approved the time is automatically placed on the timecard and the entitlement is deducted, both the supervisor and the employee can see the timecard each and every day and if any questions arise, they are taken care of before running payroll. In addition, our employees no longer need to complete a form to turn into HR for changes in their information. Our employees change their own information in Dayforce for tax forms, address, email, phone numbers, emergency contact, etc. Company issued property and training records are all housed in Dayforce. We recently implemented the recruiting and performance module. Dayforce keeps enhancing the product.

Cons: I do think Dayforce can improve upon the Recruiting module. I do realize they have an upgrade coming which does show it has upgrades in the recruiting module. I would like to see them provide the functionality to schedule interviews without Outlook without leaving Dayforce. I would also like to see them provide more standard reports for those client who must write an Affirmative Action Report. I don't feel I should be required to create my own report to pull the required data for this report.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018
Director of Human Resources
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2017

"Dayforce has completely changed how we do life at Kern Health Systems HR."

Comments: HR efficiencies, ROI by 60% over our other provider in the first month and a support team that truly supports their clients efforts. I feel like we have gained a partner not a vendor.

Pros: We love that we have been able to go paperless in all of our HR processes from application to termination. We no longer use paper apps, compensation change forms, benefits apps, or onboarding documents. Everything is paperless. We can look in the system and see where approvals are sitting. This has made our HR flows and processes so much easier and efficient. We also love the one employee record. From application to hire we only have to enter their information once. We have significantly cut down on our errors and the spreadsheets we used to keep to follow all of our processes. Our Onboarding is streamlined and professional. New hires can fill out all of their documents prior to the first day of work, so that we can maximize our first day with them. And finally Support. The Support Team is world class. I can't speak highly enough about the responsiveness, expertise and efficient way the support team works with their clients! Ceridian gets an A+ for their support.

Cons: Prior to the newest upgrade to 53, Reporting was a bit clunky and difficult to understand. As a busy HR Leader, I don't have extensive time to take a bunch of classes to learn how to run reports. They need to be easy, user friendly and intuitive. Prior to the upgrade they were not. The new Reports module has come a LONG way in improving this. The reporting module is now in HTML and much easier to understand and use. Other than that, I cannot think of one other Con to the Dayforce system. I came from a very different provider that I was extremely displeased with, so it makes it a little more challenging to find Cons. I am very happy with the decision to move to Ceridian.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2017
Stephen S.
HRIS Administrator
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2017

"Dayforce HCM is a great, single database cloud software, that is constantly adding new features."

Pros: One database means data is always consistent throughout modules.
The flexibility within the configuration is unmatched.
Beautiful appearance and very user-friendly.

Cons: The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading when using the new HTML pieces.
Aside from that, the system is as good as your involvement and motivation to learn (especially during Implementation - be diligent and thorough in your discovery and scoping, or it will be painful when transferred to support).

• Reviewed on 20/06/2017
Joanne K.
Manager, Human Resources
Building Materials, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2017

"DayforceHCM - One Year After Implementation"

Comments: Pros - Our previous system basically operated on a "point in time" basis; historical information was kept in hard copy in employee files. Reporting from the payroll system was difficult and in many cases required expensive custom reports to be written by the service provider. Approximately 65% of our employees do not have access to the company email account, consequently requests for vacation payments, time off requests, address changes, tax changes, bank account changes were sent to HR by the employee's manager. Employees monitor their own personal information in Dayforce such as salary, job title, etc. ; they have access to forms; managers have access to a multitude of reports to help them manage their workforce. The HR/Payroll team have the ability to provide executive reports almost instantaneously - time spent producing management reports has been significantly reduced. Company policies and agreements have been uploaded into Dayforce eliminating the need to produce hard copy documents - this includes handbooks, links to benefit websites, corporate forms (eg. Code of Conduct) which saves time and money - no hard copies required. Time spent in payroll has not reduced, however, quality has increased significantly - more time is spent in value added auditing rather than paper processing. Compliance with legislation is much easier to manage. Immeasurable ROI on employee satisfaction - we spend more time talking to our employees; Dayforce has facilitated a closer relationship between HR and employees - they feel like they are part of something big, because they can see it! HR and Payroll is no longer a mysterious machine somewhere in corporate office. The Ceridian learning tools are awesome - although we do not have all of the modules, providing access to the Ceridian University gives us opportunities to attend sessions and experience other activities that our organization may want to consider. Con: We do not have enough time to explore/implement the many features available. Overall Satusfaction: Dayforce provides everything we need! Recommendation to Other Buyers - Dayforce HCM is powerful and I highly recommend it for human resource management.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2017
Bethann D.
Payroll Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees

"Expect the Unexpected"

Comments: We are overall extremely pleased with Ceridian and our vendor partnership with them. They truly take the time to get to know your business and your needs and help decide what the best solutions are for your business - which may not by the newest product they are selling. We have a very complex payroll, and we have the right solution for us at the present time. We also continue to find new ways to leverage the WFM platform to capture as much information as possible about time, labor and attendance. If you are considering making the change to Dayforce, you can't be prepared enough. You need to understand your own policies and procedures like the back of your hand as well as have the ability to explain the same to the implementation team. They will do their best with the information you provide, but it is up to you to ensure they understand and to test everything multiple times to make sure it is what you need. Keep in mind, the platform is highly configurable. As mentioned earlier, we have a rather complex payroll. We have six separate payrolls that combine hourly, salary, weekly, biweekly, union, non-union, etc. A little of everything. The policies for each payroll are entirely different, and both Ceridian HPL and Dayforce handle it without any problems. Here and there we have had to be creative - but it was still able to be accomplished. I have been working in HR and payroll for 15 years and have used numerous different vendors/software over the years. None of them are 100% perfect. But Ceridian comes the closest. It is the most configurable and provides the best ad-hoc reporting tools out there. We have been able to automate many processes that used to be manual systems. This has freed up our HR staff to be more hands-on with employee onboarding, engagement, and development instead of stuck behind their desk completing transactional tasks.

Pros: It is highly configurable. It handles changes due to union contracts with ease.

Cons: The new HTML timesheets have some quirks. I feel hopeful they will be worked out.

Chris S.
Director of Store Labor
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2016

"Spend more time on strategic decisions and less time worrying about your software application."

Comments: Summary: Dayforce has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities. Employees can view their time card in real-time and it's easy to view task progress across devices. Reporting could be more robust. Dayforce is very useful in an environment where there is a fast pace and multiple access points such as retail, grocery stores, etc. Places of work that allow the use of mobile devices will really allow the application to shine. Environments, where there isn't reliable network access, may prove difficult. Dayforce support staff is very responsive to customer needs and their level of support is strong. We use Dayforce across 90% of our enterprise. We use Time & Attendance across the entire 90% and Scheduling & Task Management across 75%. As a specialty retailer in the Musical Instrument category, we sell very specific products to customers with very specific needs. That requires knowledgeable employees to be in the right place at the right time. Dayforce is key to making that happen.

Pros: - Intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities
- Employees can view their time card in real-time on many different devices
- Easily view task progress across devices and with downward visibility throughout the organization

Cons: - Dayforce could use more robust reporting within the application but have recently released a new Business Intelligence tool to fill the need

Khristan P.
Training & Development Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2017

"Empowering Team Members"

Comments: Overall, we have truly benefited from partnering with Dayforce. Our team members are excited about the user friendliness of the program, the accessibility from their mobile devices and the functions that empower them to submit requests & changes electronically. Our managers have raved about being able to schedule within labor guidelines and team member availability. Time Off requests are easier to track, schedule, approve/decline. Personal Action Form items that require approval are now electronic, which has smoothed out our process. We have seen a decrease in the amount of paperwork that was being processed & tracked, we have seen an increase in managerial productivity, we have seen a time savings in our payroll processing and an improvement in our reporting capabilities.

Pros: • Our team members are excited about the user friendliness of the program,
• Great to have accessibility from their mobile devices and the functions that empower them to submit requests & changes electronically.
• Managers have raved about being able to schedule within labor guidelines and team member availability.
• Time Off requests are easier to track, schedule, approve/decline.
• Personal Action Form items that require approval are now electronic, which has smoothed out our process.
• We have seen a decrease in the amount of paperwork that was being processed & tracked, we have seen an increase in managerial productivity,
• We have seen a time savings in our payroll processing and an improvement in our reporting capabilities.

Cons: Implementation might drive you crazy, but your team will be elated & productivity improved. It would have been helpful to know more about what was required & expected for implementation so we could have made better decisions with assigning responsibilities during the implementation process.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2017
Randy R.
Payroll/HRIS Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2017

"Dayforce HCM great for Payroll and HRIS"

Comments: Dayforce works great under the right circumstances, but they still have some work to do to gain a bigger market share.

Pros: Dayforce HCM (DF) is a great product for payroll, which is the company's core offering. They have incorporated other HRIS modules into DF, some of which work extremely well. Dayforce does a great job of using only one employee record for everything, so there are no internal interfaces, and all changes are made real time. The company keeps up to date on all regulatory changes, and is quick to roll out updates and fixes to the software, which are seamless because they happen in the cloud. Works great for both our US and Canadian populations.

Cons: Dayforce does not process payroll in Mexico, so we cannot use it for the sole solution in North America. The reporting on data is sometimes difficult; the tool is pretty robust, but some common-sense reports are almost impossible to build, due to the cumbersome process of linking data fields together. This is getting better, but still lacking. Support response times are usually timely, but support personnel are not always knowledgeable enough to fix the issue right away. Any extra work on the product is always billable, and never cheap. Due to the design of the product, any changes to the company's organizational structure will almost certainly result in a long, expensive project to update the product.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2017
Jessie B.
Director of HR
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Employee-friendly self-service once implementation hills are climbed"

Pros: The ease of and accessibility of reporting and the self-service features for employees, including the always-expanding app, is wonderful. I also find the handshake between the onboarding feature and the HR to be a strong plus.

Cons: I feel like my con is less about Ceridian as a platform and more about the lack of cohesiveness offered by the support team. I feel like the value of and quality of communication and follow-through vary wildly from case to case.

Danna M.
Accounting/Payroll Coordinator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2016

"Leaping into the future..."

Comments: ABC Inoac previously utilized the Ceridian HPW platform solely for payroll management. Due to personnel changes and attrition over the years, we were down to only two users who could operate within HPW. As the obvious need for change was being discussed, we became aware of the Dayforce application and could not wait to see it first hand. From day one we knew this was the solution would best fit our needs and objectives. The implementation and go-live process was fairly seamless. With a great internal team and wonderful support from the Ceridian staff, we were able to navigate many custom programming issue in order to accommodate the many policies and processes already in place. The change has been largely well received by all employees. Within a couple months we were able to stop printing paper earning statements. This was a huge leap for our folks and not without some stress but has gone very well overall. We look forward to growing into the many features the application has to offer including attendance and document management.

Pros: Fairly seamless transition from HPW to Dayforce platform. We used to utilize a separate Kronos system for timekeeping so having timekeeping and payroll all in one application now is so much easier. Our HR and support staff are able to focus on other important issues rather than spend hours on timesheets. Utilizing the benefits functionality has been a bit of a transition but has gone very well. We look forward to a totally interactive open enrollment in 2017.

Cons: Implementation team changes caused some delays during configuration which ultimately cut into our testing timeline. This was a bit of an inconvenience but thanks to a great internal team, we were able to navigate the changes without jeopardizing the go-live of 1/1/16.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2016
Tyler F.
CFO
Machinery, 51-200 Employees

"Dayforce is Great"

Comments: It replaced a prior HCM system that was not doing a good job. Users were not happy with the accessibility to infromation

Pros: It is fantastic. It handles all of our HCM and payroll needs. The reporting is great, never any issues with compliance

Cons: There is nothing that i dont like . It is a great platform.

Joy T.
Corporate Director of ops and hr
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 501-1,000 Employees

"Transformation"

Comments: My overall experience was good. Our implementation team kept us on track and asked us questions to understand our business and processes and recommend best practices for us. I would and have recommended Dayforce to others.

Pros: Our business was heavily paper driven prior to using Dayforce. We had an older payroll system, no benefits administration, a separate time and attendance system outside of payroll, a manual recruiting and manual learning process. What I like most about Dayforce is that it’s a single platform that will house all important employee information is together. I no longer have managers calling to ask if someone has vacation time available, or if someone took a class. It’s visible to managers at the touch of a button. Dayforce has also allowed us to customize our system to the features we want and need. We are using payroll, WFM, Time and attendance, benefits, recruitment, performance management, compensation, on boarding and learning. It has allowed us to transform the way we do our jobs by eliminating all the paper forms and empowering our employees and managers.

Cons: The downside is that each module that we purchased is a separate cost. This is a good and bad thing, we only pay for what we need, but since I want everything we need to pay for it.

Angie P.
HR Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2017

"Easy to use, lots of flexibility, and huge time saver!"

Comments: Our company launched Dayforce HCM in May of 2015. We went from an entirely manual process to a sleek HRIS. This was a large challenge due to the significant amount of change for our managers and employees. Luckily, Dayforce was easy to use so it reduced the amount of training our employees needed. Now that we are fully functional on the program, we are seeing huge productivity gains from our admin, payroll, HR and management teams. We have also increased our ability to effectively manage our business by increasing our visibility and access to employees. I would highly recommend this product to others looking to invest in an HRIS or considering changing providers.

Pros: The ability to customize the product to fit our unique business challenges. This was very important to us given we work in a very complex environment. Ceridian was able to make software changes that allowed us to accomplish the specific tasks we needed in order to effectively manage our business.

Cons: The thing I like least about the software are some of the compatibility issues. The recruitment module is unable to accept formatting from Microsoft word which means we need to change the format of job descriptions before they can be posted.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2017