• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Kashoo

Small business accounting made easy. Send invoices, collect payments, track expenses, create reports & make better financial decisions.

Learn more about Kashoo

Aryana R.
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"I love Kashoo's Customer Support"

Comments: Their customer support and that it is cloud-based. The price is excellent. It is easy to set up a Chart of Accounts too. It important my transactions from my bank and CC is easy. That I can't create import rules. I would change the category but Kashoo wouldn't memorize it. Quicken enables you to create memorized categories.

Pros: Their customer support and that it is cloud-based. The price is excellent. It is easy to set up a Chart of Accounts too. It important my transactions from my bank and CC is easy.

Cons: That I can't create import rules. I would change the category but Kashoo wouldn't memorize it. Quicken enables you to create memorized categories.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2020
Esther G.
Business Owner
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Good alternative to Quickbooks"

Comments: Kashoo is helping us keep all our finances straight. We run all our accounts receivable and accounts payable through Kashoo to keep up with our bottom line.

Pros: I like their online tutorials. I have zero accounting experience, but Kashoo's tutorials have helped us to understand what and how we need to track our business finances. I also really like how detailed it it once you get the hand of how to use it. I can see at a glance how we are doing financially.

Cons: There is a pretty steep learning curve, especially if you don't have any accounting experience at all. I found it to be very, very confusing. The tutorials helped, for sure, but there was still a lot of back and forth with customer service who seemed to get annoyed with all our questions, especially since we have NO accounting experience.

Glenn L.
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2015

"Great versatile accounting software"

Comments: Easy to set up / change / modify as required.
Can access from any computer.
Don't have to worry about backing up files all the time

• Reviewed on 30/07/2015
Mark A.
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2015

"Nice product"

Comments: We are professional accountants using Kashoo for multi-national (and multi-currency) businesses. With the correct setup, Kashoo works nicely and has a great interface for clients to see their account.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2015
Nycole p. H.
CRNP
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2018

"Kashoo Accounting Software is challenging"

Pros: I did not like using it. It has some good functions. The fact that it was free was the biggest draw to me.

Cons: It has some functions that are good but overall it felt very convoluted. It was not as easy to navigate as I thought it would be.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2018
Michael W.
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2015

"Simple to use, yet plenty capable."

Comments: Pros: Very simple to use
Powerful
Can be accessed anywhere
Syncs via API to my payroll and webstore systems
Cons:
Multi currency support could be better. (iPad doesn't support multi currency, and my year end financial statements needed some manual adjustments to correctly account for gain/loss on foreign exchange)

• Reviewed on 10/09/2015
Shawn R.
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2017
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2017
Daniel W.
SEO
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2015

"Best cloud accounting software"

Comments: Kashoo has a great user interface that allows accounting fast and efficient. The great app for iPhone and iPad makes it very easy to get the latest data on the go. I like to do the accounting with kashoo (it's almost fun)!
Especially great is:
- caching the data field
- easy lookup of account via edit filter
- clear structured user interface
Thanks!

• Reviewed on 23/10/2015
Ken B.
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2015

"Excellent Accounting System"

Comments: Flexibility is good in how transactions are processed - much less restrictive than Simply Accounting.
I like not having to worry about backups and having historical (previous year) data live is great.
Reporting could be better but I have learned to work with it. Balance Sheets and Profit & Loss work well - an A/R Aged Trial Balance might be nice but isn't a big deal.
I feel confident Kashoo will provide all the security needed and are dedicated to me and to their system.
Well Done!

• Reviewed on 23/09/2015
Kelly G.
Treasurer
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2019

"Excellent accounting package for non-accountants"

Comments: Great. As a first time user I was looking for a sharp, snappy system like this. I’m very happy with Kashoo.

Pros: Easy layout.
The app and desktop program syncs well.
Customer service.
Bank reconciliation.
Quick to sync.
Reports look clean and well presented.
Multi user function. My accountant can log in and view, fix up things. Quick and easy.
Cheapest on the market.

Cons: No automatic email for remittance for bills once paid.
Invoice template choice is fairly limited.
You may need an accountant to help you get through the first month to match up and balance the month.
Wish it gave a full profit and loss year to report it shows on the dashboard.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2019
Linda M.
Counsellor/Psychotherapist
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

"Limitations"

Pros: Printed invoices are clear, but do not show payments made from different sources, therefore, of limited usefulness for clients wishing to access funding through two different EAP/benefit plans.

Cons: Printed invoices do not show payments made from different sources, therefore, of limited usefulness for clients wishing to access funding through two different EAP/benefit plans.

Kent G.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"Kashoo Accounting Provides Adequate Solution"

Comments: Overall Kashoo does a pretty fair job. It served its purpose for about a year but was ultimately replace with a more feature-rich package.

Pros: I liked the fact that Kashoo is an online solution and could be accessed from anywhere. The interface was fairly intuitive and easy to follow in most places.

Cons: Kashoo is a fairly good solution for online invoicing and billing but for the price lacks some of the features that you would expect.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2018
Imogen L.
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2011

"Save time with Kashoo"

Comments: Kashoo in a web based accounting software solution that provides users with an easy way to manage business expenses and income. With Kashoo users can enter income and invoicing details in an easy way without having professional accounting knowledge. For users who need to handle different currencies it is good to know that the software downloads exchange rates on a daily basis.

Pros: With Kashoo, business owners can handle accounting tasks on their own. This is particularly useful for small businesses where the budget doesn´t allow an expensive professional. You can also give access to multiple users to view and edit information.

Cons: Would be nice to have the possibility for more configuration of the invoices.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2011
Serena L.
Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2019

"Solves My Accounting Problems"

Pros: Tracked expenses and accounting related issues are a hassle and we used Kashoo iOS app, to efficiently upload our expenses/ receipts. This account is shared with our accountant, who will then file and manage accordingly. Syncing with our local bank also works well.

Cons: If only Kashoo will support read receipts for opened invoices, that will be great

• Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Jeff K.
Managing Principal
Airlines/Aviation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2019

"Perfect for Small Business Accounting Software"

Pros: Great for small business owners with multiple companies. Easy to use and to train others.

Cons: Would love to be able to have app for employees that could attach receipts to credit card charges.

Kolleen S.
Connect with me to Discover Why Every Integrative Health Practitioner Needs a Professional Website
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Perfect Answer to the Expensive Options"

Pros: Kashoo is simple and intuitive. They also have an amazing help department and put out teaching webinars quite often. It has everything I need as the big powerhouse SaaS, but no where near their ridiculous pricing.

Cons: I had no problems at all with anything. I didn't know how to perform a function and their help desk sent me screen shots and support. Great team!

Miguel M.
Community Manager
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"The Online Account Software for Startups"

Comments: My overall experience is that my accountant loves this, and everywhere I go I automatically turn heads because this software makes me look professional even though I am a Company of One.

Pros: It has a very clean look and the fact that I can look at my statement very quickly is amazing

Cons: A step by step onboarding would be ideal.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Ran M.
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2019

"The only real alternative to Xero"

Comments: I have been using Kashoo for a few weeks now.
The product itself works great and is easy to use, though some features could be more intuitive (double taxes for e.g.)
Support is awesome - and the solution is highly configurable.
I have tried Wave and Quickbooks before - If you are in Canada - this is certainly the way to go, as this has Canadian payroll integrations built in (hint: there is more than payroll provider you can use !)

This is the only real competitor to Xero (which I haven't tried).
Amazing!

Pros: - So far - everything is configurable
- Great online documentation
- Integration with payroll
- The service is amazing

Cons: - Some features are not out of the box or not intuitive enough, so you have to ping-pong support even after browsing through documentation.
Luckily, support is amazing and answers politely, accurately and within a few hours.
e.g.:
- Double taxes which apply in some provinces - was able to figure it out with support
- French Invoices (hey, we're in Canada and Kashoo is Canadian!) - was able to figure it out with support (had to do the HTML myself, but the tool permits that which is better than Quickbooks and Wave I have tried before)

Jimmy I.
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2015

"Clean, clear interface, quick processing, reliable, and does everything I need it to do!"

Comments: As with all cloud based software, the ability to access my accounts from anywhere is very useful. Because it's all online I was anticipating an element of sluggishness in response times but I can say that I was proven wrong and the application works very well and quick. It does pretty much everything I need it to do and the layout is logical and easy to navigate. There are a couple of things missing (proper Standing Order engine and statement distribution come to mind), but I have tried a few accounting system and found that none of them cater for ALL my needs (some will always be missing) unless I'm willing to spend a fortune. Kashoo covers the important ones - I can live with the ones that are missing - but having said that, their customer service is excellent and these issues are being addressed and shortcuts put in place to alleviate their absence, so I'm happy overall. The most important aspect is fulfilled - reliability. I can't afford to find my accounts unaccessible, and to date they have been very robust and reliable. I've never had any problems with access to my accounts, and they include enough reports to also allow you to download the entire database should you want to. I would certainly recommend them.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2015
Al S.
Machinery, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2017

"Great Service , Please adjust the last U.I. change"

Comments: I find that the last U.I. change was a step back, some functions are a bit harder to find. I can see what the goal was, but I think things like renaming receivables to "unpaid invoices" for example is less clear, and a bit silly.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2017
John J.
Business Development Advisor
Consumer Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2016

"Flexible software"

Comments: One of the really good things is that you can use the software in a simple way but it can also grow to include more features. Means that you can get to grips with bookeeping and add function as you and your business grow

Pros: It's flexibility

• Reviewed on 13/12/2016
Children's Book Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Making Finances Easier for a Solo Business"

Comments: I got the program at a discount with lifetime access, so it's definitely worthwhile for that price. I can't say how much it would be worth for a monthly or annual fee. That's the only reason I don't rank it higher on the "would I recommend it" scale.

Pros: I've enjoyed having an easy online place to enter my income and expenses for my small business. The dashboard is pretty straightforward. I believe there are additional options I haven't explored, and they are constantly making improvements. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do at tax time, and I fully expect it to make things easier.

Cons: When I have a one-time client or expense, I have to take an extra step to add them as a client before putting in the transaction info. It would be nice to have a shortcut for that, and only add them to the client/expense list if it will be a repeat. But perhaps it's hard to know for certain when that will be the case.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Dan N.
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"If you don't want to pay for Quickbooks, look at Kashoo"

Comments: I needed to run financial statements and reports my previous software could not generate. I am happy with Kashoo and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an alternative to QB.

Pros: I was able to score a deal on this software, but I had been looking for a new accounting software for sometimes. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I really like the bank syncing (which nearly all software provides) and the ability to add users (add your bookkeeping, accountant, etc) and limit their privileges.

Cons: Not really their fault, but the big player in this game is Quickbooks, and nearly all professionals know how to use QBs. It was a bit harder to find someone familiar with Kashoo, but after that hurdle was over, the software works pretty well.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Ben R.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2019

"Multiyear user"

Comments: Great!

Pros: I've been using this software for 5 books for about 5 years now. I'm not an accountant, and it's so well laid out that I really prefer this to any of the other systems I've tried. It's all put together for a entrepreneur to use easily. Over the years I've needed support and help a few times, and each time I've had the issue resolved by a real person very quickly and easily.

Cons: Some of the book keepers need to get up to speed initially, but it doesn't take long.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2019
Diaa E.
General Manager
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2016

"Best Accounting Solution for SME's"

Comments: Being the owner of a small company with no accounting background at all made my decision to handle accounts a crazy one, but thanks for Kashoo who helped me overcome this challenge successfully! A well developed piece of software with a huge bunch of educational videos and guiding articles, equipped with excellent customer support is exactly what you look for when you are starting your first steps in accounting. Kashoo made my life easier and gave me full control over my cash flow!

Pros: - Ease of use
- Accessibility across different platforms
- Realtime save and backup
- Well designed interface
- Fully customizable invoices and reports
- Full-featured iOS app for iPad.

Cons: - Lack of a generic (non-US) payroll/HR component