15 years helping Emirati businesses

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is the #1 email marketing and automations brand that recommends ways to get more opens, clicks, and sales.

Learn more about Mailchimp

Pros:

It is one of the most known and used so tons of community support. It has tons of great features almost as good as any of the others.

Cons:

They have a really strange billing system that is designed in such a way that it sucks money out of you.

Mailchimp ratings

4.2

8.4/10

Mailchimp has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 16,880 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Mailchimp before?

Filter reviews (16,880)

Stephanie
Stephanie
Pastor of NextGen and Communications in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Mailchimp is your go-to for engaging audiences!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I have been with Mailchimp for quite awhile and have loved being able to use their services to reach our audience! Definitely recommend to anyone who is trying to connect with a larger audience.

Pros:

Mailchimp is incredibly easy to set up and use. Being able to connect with our audience in meaningful ways is essential to the growth of our business.

Cons:

There are a lot of features that we don’t pay for or use, but they are on our dashboard anyway.

Regina
Manager in US
Internet, Self Employed

Mailchimp, a great place to get started

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Ive stuck with mailchimp because it handles my basic needs affordably as i work to grow my business

Pros:

Mailchimp is affordable and easy to use as you get started. You have the ability to grow as your business grows.

Cons:

Not as high tech as some of the other more costly options, but handles what is needed.

ANita
Web Mgr. Convention Co-ordinator in US
Airlines/Aviation, 2–10 Employees

Live Support

3.0 last month New

Comments: The email program is good, the support when you have a problem with passwords or anything is absolutely terrible. We are paying monthly for a service we are not getting.

Pros:

Ease of using product and set up of email program

Cons:

There is absolutely no support if you don't pay the $350 monthly fee. We have not been able to get on to our Mailchimp account to send out emails for over a month. Have emailed support, gone round in circles with the bot and have not been able to get any help. Finally are closing account but we are still being charged because you can only cancel online. We can't get online to cancel the account because we keep going round in circles with them. Frustrating to say the least.

Lamia
Director in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Very good but expensive and has poor support

Comments: Loved the tool and its many add ons, but the support contacts know less than the customers, so not worth the money for the monthly subscriptions. With my last enquiry I was passed to about 9 different people none of whom could help me.

Pros:

The tools are very evolved and useful for campaigns with frequent activities and reporting. The AI is put to good use to anticipate response and tailor presentation. There are new tools launched on a regular basis to make this an exciting suite of products and potentially a market leader.

Cons:

The price has more than doubled in less than one year which is inexplicable, and the support has become deplorably poor, so much so that I have paused my account after 7+ years as a customer.

Jake
CMO in US

This Tools Lasted Decades While Other's Haven't

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Good mailer app, works really well for some clients but not others. Over all really like these guys as a company.

Pros:

It's good a really fun brand, and rich feature set built by developers that clearly had a vision for their products. For small businesses it does a lot of things so you don't have to worry about third party tools, but has a boat load of support for integration and tool support as your company scales/for larger orgs.

Cons:

Mailchimp has the same problem a lot of larger software services have run into. Their user base the server demand sometimes runs into performance swings. And their product stays mostly the same to keep old customers happy.

Ricki
Ricki
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Mailchimp is the simple, reliable email newsletter answer

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Mailchimp is easy to use, pretty intuitive, and the platform I most suggest to clients just getting started as the free plan gives you a lot.

Pros:

Mailchimp is so commonly used that anything you want to do has a tutorial, and most of the time you won't need one, just clicking around a bit allows you to easily find how to do what you want to.

Cons:

Mailchimp doesn't always display pictures taken from iphones properly.

JR
Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

A Good Starter Platform

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall it is a great tool not the best but it can get the job done.

Pros:

Mailchimp is a great starter platform. If you are not deep into email marketing it is a very good entry point.

Cons:

You can outgrow it very quickly. I have migrated from MailChimp to other tools after hitting a certain level of volume.

Linda
Interior Designer in US
Architecture & Planning, 201–500 Employees

Mailchimp is a PRO

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Use of product daily by entire team is effective.

Pros:

Cost is an asset for this software, as well as versatility-

Cons:

There is nothing I would improve regarding this product.

Brendan
Sales in US
Insurance Software, 2–10 Employees

Good Automation and Client Management.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The automated email marketing is easy to set up and maintain.

Cons:

It would be nice if it was better at organizing clients by industry.

Jakub Aleksander
Director in UK
Real Estate, Self Employed

Great software for email marketing!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

This software is very straightforward to use and produces high-quality email campaigns.

Cons:

Nothing really, everything works best. It could be slightly cheaper for what it is but it does help.

Erin
Executive Artistic Director in US
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

Worth it for any company starting out

Comments: I love the interface - once I got to know what was possible it became very easy to create what I wanted. I feel like it makes a big difference in how we're perceived by our community. I also personally like the irreverence - the graphics and cute sayings make marketing a little more fun.

Pros:

I love that it's free for the first 2000 names - makes it easy to try the product over time. I switched from Constant Contact and was looking for something more affordable for our needs as a new, volunteer-based non-profit. I also love the ease of use. It's pretty simple to figure out and whatever questions I've had have been answered by the help documents.

Cons:

I wish that Mailchimp more easily integrated with my ticketing software (OvationTix.) I tried to merge data but it's not intuitive so I have ended up not using that feature. I'm not sure if that's an issue on the side of Mailchimp or OvationTix, so it doesn't affect my overall enjoyment and opinion of the software. I also deal with a lot of email going into spam, even though I've followed all of the rules and avoid filter triggering phrases in my subject lines. I guess I wish there were more support in that area.

Jacob
Jacob
Growth Marketing Manager in Israel
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Top Email Marketing Software

Comments: I'm a big fan of MailChimp. It's my go-to email marketing software for 100% white-hat projects. The whole process is so simple. You have an email list that you upload as an audience. You then go to the campaign section to set up a proper email automation campaign. Within that build, you have the ability to use their visual editor and functions in order to easily write/design the campaign and test it in a real mail client. Unlike some of the other email marketing software, there are not EXTRA features/functionalities that you would rarely need. This decreases the confusion and noise. Big plus!

Pros:

- Easy to set up VERY quickly - WSWYG Visual Editor is super easy to use - They're constantly coming out with new functionalities like landing page design, integration with running paid ads, etc. - Setting up full automation is relatively easy compared to other email marketing software out there - You can edit multiple emails in multiple tabs which makes copy/paste even easier (other software only lets you have 1 tab open at a time) - It's free up to 2,500 contacts!

Cons:

- Support can be a bit unresponsive at times when you've broken one of their terms/policies (even when it happens by accident and you're not sure what you did wrong even to trigger it)

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

It's ubiquitous because it's pretty good at sending emails

Comments: I like Mailchimp's corporate social responsibility, I've had a good experience the one time I called their customer service, and it's pretty bug-free for the most part. I don't think it is the future of communication, so I'll be curious to see how the product evolves, but we're sticking to it for now at my work.

Pros:

I appreciate that Mailchimp has the functionality to build an email based on templates, or based on HTML. I find it easy to import email addresses as needed, I think there's a healthy emphasis on preventing spam, and I like the tagging and group features. I also like the demographics that it displays, the emphasis on A/B testing, and the predictions about the best time at which to send the email. I have very rarely made mistakes in my sends, and that I can attribute to the great testing features.

Cons:

I wish it weren't so challenging to navigate between sections for multivariate emails and the old version of the website. I have run into issues setting up automated series such as for a welcome series of emails. I wish it were easier to export the data I myself put into Mailchimp without having administrator status. Finally, I dislike being warned about the possible cost of importing new data every time I do so, as that's not my responsibility to worry about in my role. Instead, I want to be celebrating our list growth!

Jeff
Jeff
CEO in Canada
Graphic Design Software, 2–10 Employees

A great platform that keeps growing to suit our needs

Comments: It simplifies what could be a complicated aspect of business - email marketing & drip campaigns. Highly recommend this software to anybody who wants a flexible, easy, and robust solution but does not want to have email marketing tied to a specific umbrella-style CRM! We have a separate CRM Mailchimp, as you can probably tell.

Pros:

The ease of use and deliverability of our email newsletters was why we chose Mailchimp many years ago as our go-to email newsletter and ongoing engagement platform. The new functionalities added over the years such as agency delegation from client accounts, better segmenting targets within a list, ability to re-hit those who didn't open a campaign, the better-flowing automations (drip campaigns) are great - it's all easy to use & understand and are great improvements we utilize more and more every year.

Cons:

Implementing a custom template and the HTML code was painful - but then, that's the case with any email template design with custom code so I cannot even fault Mailchimp for it. Perhaps they could have had more dynamic layouts for desktop & mobile friendly newsletters right off the bat. The early templates were quite hideous and we'd buy theme from Themeforest, brand/re-skin and upload the assets.

Tina
Author in Romania
Publishing, Self Employed

Best for beginners and experts alike

Comments: My experience is positive. I don't intend to switch from Mailchimp.

Pros:

After testing other similar software, I came to the conclusion that Mailchimp is the best if you're just starting out. Reasons: - it's super easy and quick to create an account. You can start sending emails right away. - the free plan is very generous (2,000 subscribers, 12,000 emails/month - and if you clean your list regularly, the ex-email addresses you had on your list won't count toward your billing. Simply select them and click archive and you're done). - you can automate, schedule emails, segment your audience by sign-up date, sign-up source, previous campaign activity (whether they opened the previous or not), automation activity, etc. - you can create landing pages, embeddable sign-up forms, send an automated welcome email or subscription confirmation. - create tags so that you can easily manage your audience. - contains easy email builder. - emails are less likely to end up in the spam folder - compared to Mailerlite. So, for experts, it has all the tools you need for email marketing and for beginners, when you're just starting out and you're curious what's all the hype about email marketing, it offers a generous free plan so you can test what works for you and what not. It's important for beginners to have a place to test their knowledge and Mailchimp's free plan is simply the best for that. Just thinking that the general open rate is between 20-30%, that means if you have 2,000 subs, you can expect a min of 400 opens, which does not guarantee sales.

Cons:

The contact support is zero/non-existent for the free plan. If you want to send emails in the business/ make money online/ affiliate marketing niche, your account will be suspended immediately by a bot. And no one will ever reply to your email to reactivate your account. If you use the free plan and run into some issues, try searching for solutions in the knowledge base or online.

Pedro
Pedro
FreeLancer in Brazil
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Automation of emails necessary for companies and for those who are starting to market

Comments: Overall experience with the tool is very good, it was helpful in all aspects I needed. Of course, a free plan always has limitations, but the paid plan also presented some points that in my work model were essential. But it is still an extraordinary and well-recognized tool. I know a lot of people who use it and don't give up. I still recommend it to many entrepreneurs who are starting out in online sales. Mailchimp is worth it. If you need, make a quote and call the service and you will be very well attended.

Pros:

MailChimp appeared to me by chance, And I chose to use it for my work. A great option for those just starting out or for small, medium or large companies that need to automate contact with their customers. Pluses: It's totally intuitive and has a top-notch layout. It caught my attention when I created some Landing Pages and came across several models. Totally free. Totally accurate and timely email sequence. Another positive point is the number of users that we can store in the free plan, up to 2ooo contacts, this for those starting out is even too much. The tools are multi-channel, essential for any service. In other words, a complete and articulated tool to meet any and all online ventures, whether affiliated companies or e-commerce. Whether consulting a plan or making a budget, support and service are accurate and attentive. intuitive tool; excellent usability; great cost / benefit; very good delivery rate; lots of free features (A/B testing, email automation and integrations) good educational content.

Cons:

It really is great marketing software though, even there is automation, The features are basic; tool all in English and it is not possible to create landing pages optimized for a higher return. You don't have the ability to manage a sales funnel, just trigger a broadcast if you need to send an offer. However, it is still useful for any service or company.

Henry
Henry
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

Great for freelancer and SMB email marketing, not a CRM replacement

Comments: MailChimp is the industry standard for a reason, and you get all the benefits you would expect from going with a big brand name. Solid customer support (for paid tiers), excellent uptime, and all the features you need and most of the features you want. I personally have never found the landing pages or social media ad features useful, and I do not think MailChimp can effectively do the job of a CRM, but as far as email marketing goes, this is my favorite.

Pros:

Getting started with MailChimp is easy and affordable. It might be free depending on your audience size. I have used other email platforms like ConstantContact, iContact, Marketing Cloud, and HubSpot, and in terms of features MailChimp is at least on par with them. MailChimp is a full email marketing platform, including subscriber management and segmenting, email design, design asset library, email automation, user email preferences portal management, sign-up forms, and even landing pages. I have found all of their features user friendly. I have my frustrations with MailChimp, but it succeeds in striking a difficult balance: it is user-friendly enough to be implemented and used by someone with minimal tech background, but can be built out to greater complexity and robustness if the user is tech savvy. Another benefit that you find with popular tools like this is the deep learning resources. Tons of forums, questions, how-tos, etc. Whatever issue you run into, it has likely been asked and answered. MailChimp would be, and has been, my go-to for freelancer and small business needs. And I have also used it for marketing large, multi-location and multi-brand companies, with no issues. It's flexible and reliable, and when you're about to hit "send" to 100k people, that's critical.

Cons:

Pricing can get steep at certain stages of business growth. Switching to business and pro tiers incurs a sharp increase in monthly pricing, and in addition you get charged more as your list grows. Cost creep can be sudden and shocking for truly bootstrapped businesses. A big potential issue is that MailChimp has been touting itself as a CRM lately. I do not think it makes a good CRM replacement for any size business, except perhaps a freelancer with a small contact list. The data management and manipulation features are too basic. Data management tools are weak. Some tracking issues, but this is such a convoluted and changing area it's hard to know where the issue lies. Specifically, if I leave "click tracking" enabled on a campaign, MailChimp will override my source/medium tags in third party site tracking.

Brittany
SMB Owner, Exec. Dir. of a Non-Profit in US
Online Media, Self Employed

A Great EMS To Streamline A Complex Content Marketing Funnel/Lifecycle

Pros:

What I like most about Mailchimp is its ability to use in scale for businesses/missions of all sizes. I have worked on it for my own personal brand and upwards of deploying at 118 locations while also utilizing internally as a head of a marketing and creative design team. It integrates pretty easily with sooooo many other apps, which makes it a yes for me in a world where you need to build socials and your customer contact database simultaneously to getting the word out about whatever marketing need you send via email.

Cons:

Sometimes the automation features can flub... as in an older version of a saved draft may send (rare occasion, sometimes user error but sometimes not) or specifically timed out emails for a time zone may send earlier/later than desired.

José Miguel
Owner in Chile
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

A renewed classic

Comments: If you are a small business owner, an email marketing solution is one of the first tools you need to use in your e-commerce section. If you look on Google, you will find Mailchimp and others fighting for first place on the search. I tried all of them when I started on this, and Mailchimp was the only one for me that delivered a great set of tools for free on their first tier. This pricing model allows small businesses like yours to start without having to invest more money to begin operating. Then, after your business grows, Mailchimp stays with you, and their subscription tiers are affordable. So, if you are starting on email marketing and you have a small business, give Mailchimp a try, you won't regret it.

Pros:

Mailchimp was my first approximation to a customer relationship management tool and, after many years, still is my usual selection and advice to other small businesses. It is an easy-to-use platform with a great development team who cares about its clients. In recent years the tool has evolved and added new features, all great additions.

Cons:

Right now, nothing about Mailchimp is bad for my small business.

Mike
Mike
Online Marketing Consultant in Netherlands
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Streamline Your Email Marketing: Mailchimp is there to help you with minimal to no costs

Comments: I've been using Mailchimp for my email marketing campaigns and it's been an incredible asset. It helps me to create automated email sequences, customize my messages to each customer, and track the effectiveness of my campaigns. It's saved me a lot of time and effort with its easy-to-use interface, and I'm able to quickly create professional looking emails for maximum impact.

Pros:

I really like using MailChimp for my email marketing needs. It's easy to use, and creating campaigns is simple. The software allows me to customize emails very easily and also track the performance of my campaigns in real time. I also appreciate the wide range of features available such as segmentation, A/B testing, automation, and more. Overall, I'm really satisfied with the product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable email marketing solution.

Cons:

I found Mailchimp email marketing to be a great tool for managing my customer emails. However, I didn't like that it could be a bit complicated to set up an automated email campaign. I also found the user interface to be a bit cluttered, making it difficult to locate certain features. Even though the software is quite powerful, I found myself wishing for more streamlined navigation.

Georgiana
Owner in Belize
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

Why get Mailchimp

Comments: Ovall I love it! and it helps my business grow a lot.

Pros:

Mailchimps helps to manage your business web. Mailchimp distribution is effortless and also provides transparency when used. It also captures your orders whenever you connect them to your business. The app helps to keep a tag on your account activity and is very safe. Mailchimp has all your orders and helps to keep you in touch. It also helps to create room for you to focus on your strategy. This app helps to track your orders and send notifications as well. All announcements for this app show what is happening and give you real-time reports about your business. This app makes making different orders easy because the data is easily exported. The fields also help keep your data organized and easily found.

Cons:

The only thing that I do not like is that some data goes in the Spam and I need to check it frequently.

Ngala Emmanuel
Ngala Emmanuel
Web Designer in Cameroon
Graphic Design Software, 2–10 Employees

All-in-one marketing Software even for independent busineses.

Comments: It's our favorite. I work with it, the team works with it. We design lead forms, and marketing templates with MailChimp -it's an amazing tool to try.

Pros:

MailChimp offers an extensive range of comprehensive marketing features that help our marketing team create social media marketing templates, lead generation forms, and email templates and it's easy to track sales performance and campaigns as well.It is easy to set up and integrate with WordPress and is also simple.Advanced features like automation & segmentation help us to seamlessly manage our contact lists as wellas we get to set automated email sequences based on specific triggers like new quote requests, and new leads obtained through direct signup forms, and newsletters.It's time-saving because we do the hard work once.

Cons:

While Mailchimp performs incredibly well there are a few things I would like to see being adjusted.- The quality of design templates that MailChimp offers is very limited. For instance, advanced customization requires coding skills, and even though I face no problems with these, however, those who are not code-savvy won't find it easy to achieve certain designs.- Advanced segmentation & automation are only available in the expensive plans.- MailChimp doesn't offer new users the ability to test its pro features. With this, it will be difficult for a new user to predict whether or not it's the right tool for their needs.If some of these factors are taken into consideration, I firmly believe that MailChimp will be a better tool.

Machinery, 201–500 Employees

Great quality for the investment

Comments: Overall our experience with MailChimp was a good one. I think it is a perfect platform to get going on to build your audiences and find your groove. Just know that you will outgrow this platform and your need for more advanced features will push you to a different service. If you want to use some semi-advanced features of most enterprise ESP's, you will ned to utilize additional middleware to accomplish this. But MailChimp is a great return for the investment.

Pros:

MailChimp continues to improve and add enterprise type features that you would normally pay much more for with other ESP's. Features that we get the most out of are the automations, transactional service (Mandrill), and store syncing to pull customer data and purchase behaviors into MailChimp for segmentation and triggers. We have been with MC for years and each year it continues to get better. The custom short codes we can use for personalization are very helpful in creating campaigns that are unique to the individuals that are receiving them.

Cons:

While they continue to advance, this ESP is still along way from an enterprise solution. The syncing is great, when is works properly. MailChimp does not actually provide the connection with different shopping carts and instead relies on third-party app developers to provide this. This leads to a bunch of issues trying to get support because each wants to point the finger at the other. Mandrill is a great service for transaction sends, but it was combined with paid MailChimp accounts awhile ago instead of a standalone service. Wish they would have kept it separate because there is much more potential on its own. I don't like that you can not combine template types when creating a new campaign/automation. You have to either select a pre-made template or code your own. I wish it had the ability to do both. While the automations are a must have in today's world, and they are continuing to improve them, there is still a long way to go with these in my opinion to catch up to other ESP's.

Brandon
Brandon
Development Associate in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Mailchimp doesn't money around when it comes to features and customer service

Comments: Working for a non-profit and having a very targeted base of individuals that I am trying to communicate with can be cumbersome and frustrating because that target group is very segmented by demographics. Mailchimp allows me to modify how I communicate with these segments, without having to reinvent the wheel and send separate campaigns to each segment. I can easily create one campaign and then segment from within to make sure I am communicating correctly to each group.

Pros:

Mailchimp has a robust and user friendly dashboard that makes it easy for a novice to get started with an email campaign. That being said, hidden below the surface of templates and cookie cutter designs are fully customizable features and the ability to code your own emails. I believe it serves as the best of both worlds for the unassuming small business owner who really does't have time to learn or the the money to hire a professional to handle their email marketing; it also allows large corporations with a scantly lit room full of code loving nerds to have full control of their email design. Mailchimp doesn't discriminate between these two worlds when it comes the analytics and reporting , they have a terrific suite of tools to measure success. To top it all off, Mailchimp is constantly updating their technology to improve their product and help businesses communicate with their customers.

Cons:

The worst thing about Mailchimp is their pricing, they can get pretty steep when you start trying to expand your reach and communicate with a larger audience. The pricing isn't outrageous, but it also isn't competitive. The other cons in my opinion are personal annoyances and probably aren't shared among a whole lot of other users. Their automation tools are a bit limited, my expectations were set high based on all the features that Mailchimp has, automation is one that is still a work in progress. My other annoyance is the branded copy all over the site, it's like being instructed by two dudebros who are constantly making inside references as they show you around. Some probably find this very charming, I find it kind of irritating.

Andrea
Andrea
Marketing Coordinator in US
Machinery, 10,000+ Employees

Mailchimp has allowed me to measure the success of my email marketing campaigns.

Comments: Thanks to Mailchimp, I've been able to create and send engaging, personalized emails that have helped me increase my customer engagement and loyalty. Plus, I'm able to automate tasks like email sending and list segmentation, which has saved me valuable time and resources. With Mailchimp's data tracking and analysis tools, I can measure the performance of my email campaigns and adjust my strategy accordingly.

Pros:

Mailchimp has been a fundamental tool for me in my work as a Marketing Coordinator. With this email marketing platform, I have been able to easily and effectively create and send newsletters and email campaigns. What I like best about Mailchimp is its intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Setting up an email marketing campaign is very easy and you can choose from a variety of templates and designs to personalize your emails.

Cons:

Setting up integration with other platforms can be a bit tricky. In my case, I had some trouble integrating Mailchimp with my website and other systems I use at work. Also, the process of uploading email lists can be a bit slow and tedious.