DELMIAworks Reviews

by Dassault Systemes

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    4.1 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.3 /5

About DELMIAworks

Reliable, real-time extended ERP software with lean and agile functionality developed especially for mid-market manufacturing companies

Learn more about DELMIAworks

Felipe E.
Managing Director
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2019

"IQMS ERP System"

Comments: Overall, I've had a very positive experience with IQMS as it helps drive the company's workflows for manufacturing.

Pros: I chose IQMS over other ERP Systems because it brought together all the company's functional areas into a single platform (Manufacturing, Finance, Quality). I also liked it was a single company with a single tech support number to deal with.

Cons: The implementation was a big project.... I wish I had been slightly more involved to prevent headaches down the road.

• Reviewed on 12/08/2019
Brad D.
IT Administrator
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2017

"Good and bad experiences, hoping for improvements"

Comments: This is the second company I've worked for that is using EnterpriseIQ and despite the issues, I'm glad we have it and enjoy working with it and with IQMS. It's very impressive how many things it can do all under one database and one login. It makes a lot of sense for small manufacturers with limited IT support. I have high hopes that the software will continue to improve and would recommend it to others with caveats. Choosing an ERP/MRP system is a huge decision and I would recommend going well beyond the sales pitches and brochures to make your decision. Visit other customers and speak to actual users with manufacturing requirements similar to yours, if you can.

Pros: As an IT Administrator who does my best to help my company utilize the software, I can say that I actually enjoy working with the software, learning about it, and customizing it. I enjoy designing Crystal Reports, utilizing the built-in customization features like user fields and user-defined forms, and figuring out how to use and customize the various modules of the software to meet my company's unique needs.

Cons: I'd say my biggest complaint with the software is the lack of refinement. There are too many basic canned reports that were designed a decade ago seemingly only placed into the software as placeholders without much thought into what would actually be a useful report to each module. There are lots of features that seem thrown in to meet specific customer requests without enough strategic thought into how to make the feature the best it can be. One example is a CRM utility that automates the reassignment of activities to a different user. Sounds great. But the problem is, it won't work if the current owner of those activities has left the company and you deleted their account or set their termination date.
IQMS has been growing by leaps and bounds over the years, and the software I think reflects that. To their credit and to their discredit, they have been responsive to their customer's requests for new features and improvements. But the frequent changes led to things not working right. I think they were pushing out features faster than they could reliably test them and they were over their ski's for a time. For example, the HR/workforce module, in a previous version, was shockingly buggy. It seems to better now, though. New management at IQMS seems to have gotten the message about their customer's demands for higher quality and reliability. I think the jury is still out though how successful their quality push has been.
EnterpriseIQ is a good system but I wouldn't say it is intuitive in regards to MRP, scheduling, work orders, etc. I think it takes a sharp person to really dig into how everything fits together and how the multitude of switches and knobs throughout the software affects how things work. My fear, with the new ambitious management team, is that they'll push for new features and the latest buzzwords to win new customers but won't prioritize making the day-to-day workflow better and more intuitive for current users. The executives want the astronomical growth to continue, I'm sure, but slow and steady growth is probably more conducive to stable product development with growth based on word-of-mouth from people who have actually used the software every day.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2017
Cliff S.
Business Systems Manager
Information Technology & Services
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2015

"ERP in a high mix, low volume environment"

Pros: I have been using IQMS for about 6 years now. I love the extensibility of the software. Most ERP systems have the ability to be a good fit for most of your business. The real key to success is how well they allow you to tweak and extend the software to meet your unique business requirements. IQMS excels at this. With user defined forms and reports, customizable alerts to monitor system changes, and change tracking to the field level, it provides the tools I need to handle our specific use cases. I am also very pleased with support provided. IQMS does a great job of monitoring user needs and working to improve the software. There have been a variety of new features added over the years that provide us with better ways to manager our business. Their technical support staff is also very good. They are knowledgeable and thorough when working to resolve whatever issues might arise.

Cons: Enterprise IQ was initially designed for the plastics industry. Over the years, IQMS has worked hard to add additional features for non-plastics industries, but we still run into occasions where this initial usage interferes with the way we look at manufacturing. We build very complex BOMs (hundreds of parts in dozens of sub-assemblies across up to 5 or 6 levels), and we struggle at times to manage these complex BOMs. Fortunately, the extensibility allows us to create some additional tools to fill in the gaps.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2015
Michael M.
Network Administrator/Scheduler
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2010

"EnterpriseIQ - The Intelligent Choice"

Comments: I can only speak from the perspective of injection molding, but we have found EnterpriseIQ to be a very good fit for our business. It is very strong in Scheduling, Quality, CRM, Real-Time Press Monitoring, Warehouse/Inventory Management, and Asset Management, as well as the core ERP functions (AR, AP, etc.) (We do not run EDI so I can't comment). NBP is running far more efficiently now than before we implemented IQ. We painstakingly evaluated many software packages prior to making our selection, and we are glad that we chose EnterpriseIQ. I recommend it wholeheartedly. EnterpriseIQ is the intelligent choice.

Pros: EnterpriseIQ is a very comprehensive and robust ERP system. We were able to consolidate our old ERP and several independent, and often redundant databases, spreadsheets and other systems into one central application. In general, the system is reliable and easy to maintain. Support is good, readily available, and domestic. No pressing (1) for English. IQMS as a company seems to value its customers, and is responsive to their needs and wants as a whole. The software is continually being enhanced, both in depth and breadth. The MRP engine is powerful and very quick, taking just a few minutes to generate. Overall, the system is very intuitive and user friendly. New users are able to learn and become functional quickly. Additionally, great training is available in person or via the web. IQMS is very integrated, so it is easy to jump from one module to another without having to navigate endless menus. IQMS comes with many pre-written reports and customization is relatively easy with CR.

Cons: In the grand scheme of things, relative to other ERP systems, there are few drawbacks to IQMS, and no showstoppers for NBP. Occasionally the MRP engine creates a work order that doesn't seem to have any demand, so sometimes I have to evaluate the need for an order manually to be sure. Security/permissions for the system is a bit cumbersome at times, but IQMS has improved that recently and continues to work on it. Alerts seems to be a bit unstable. I don't know if that is a widespread issue or unique to us, but I frequently have to restart the app. We have not been able to get IQ to fit our needs for quoting, but in all fairness our system is fairly elaborate. We also found the Workforce module to be weak.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2010
John H.
Network Administrator
Plastics, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2017

"Has been a big overall improvement to our previous ERP system"

Comments: I've only used 2 ERP systems in my life, so my experience is limited. IQMS does nearly everything better than our old ERP system, but we had more flexibility with our labeling in the old system, and the old system had superior finance capabilities in nearly every way. Since going live in IQMS, we are constantly catering to the finance folks with report tweaks.

Pros: Integrates very well in our environment. Users were able to understand how the use the system pretty quickly. Very good customer support. The real time screens give very good visibility into the state of operations. Easy to schedule. System help menus are very good.

Cons: Financials lacking in comparison to our 10+ year old ERP system. Missing some basic elements, like being able to add operator initials to a production label without having to enter all employees into the system and make sure they're all logging in as themselves. Unable to customize box count on production labels (reset box counts on a shiftly basis). Unable to set default label templates per customer ship-to. Had an issue lately after updating to newest version where PLM module didn't work any longer. The fix took over 10 weeks. Feel like the licensing for shopdata is a bit expensive. We'd like to have an IQMS station on every work center, but the cost of the shopdata licenses is prohibitive.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2017
Jeff H.
Vice President
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2020

"GAME CHANGER"

Comments: Our overall experience with this system has been amazing! Cannot give it good enough ratings. The people in the company are great to work with, the other customers are a joy to be around and it is a great environment to operate in.

Pros: As we looked to grow, it was clear that we could not do it on current platform, after implementing IQMS we were able to build a platform that allowed us to double our business while maintaining our elite quality scorecard with customers like GM, Magna, BorgWarner and ZF. This technology was game changing.

Cons: It is a fringe element of the system is the SPC/quality module. I wish that there was a more robust quality module including PPAP, control plans and FMEA analysis.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2020
Timothy V.
Senior IT Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2012

"Warehouse Management System"

Comments: The success of your RF implementation is dependent on the stability of your infrastructure as well as the amount of resources you have available. IQMS has partnered with some great technologies including Label Matrix and Staylink. These software's take a little bit of extra time to get installed during the implementation process, but once you're up and running there is little management or maintenance. The Managed Services group was available to provide us with expert advice and guidance we needed to ensure that our handheld environment was ready at the time of GO-LIVE!

Pros: Controlling inventory on the Shop Floor is made easier through the use of the IQRF module. The system utilizes hand held bar code scanners, serialized inventory labeling, and your own wireless network. The system provides interaction between the inventory, shipping, receiving, and production modules in Enterprise IQ. Using handheld scanners we are able to completely manage the movement of our inventory without having to access the software from a computer. Through the scanner you are able to see the current status of each job running in the system as well as the ability to change the Production Lot Number and schedule the next job. You can also use the scanner to input downtime. Additionally we can create, reprint, and modify any label in the system directly from the scanner. These labels can be designed to meet the requirements of our customers. This flexibility saves time and cost as only one label is needed to fulfill all of the customers' needs.

Cons: The label design takes some time and is done in a 3rd party application (Crystal or Label Matrix). Also, we use scanners that have a 16 x 20 VT-220 terminal emulation display. This restriction sometimes leads to problems as the screen doesn t display the software interface cleanly. Finally, the RF module is not available in Spanish currently. Making sure that our bilingual users understand the interface and prompts takes additional training and resources.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2012
Peter O.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2010

"EnterpiseIQ For Plastic Injection Molding"

Comments: Overall, I think IQMS is a solid ERP solution that is particularly ideal for industry specific applications. The real power of this application is the tight integration between modules, the user-friendly interface and the minimal system administration required. The IQMS product is supported by a friendly and responsive technical support department. They also have worked with us to facilitate feature requests and enhancements to the product.

Pros: - EnterpriseIQ is a very flexible, feature-rich application with a nicely integrated set of modules
- Industry specific with many built-in enhancements specific to the plastic molding and manufacturing industry
- User-friendly interface with good security framework and functionality across all modules
- Use of standard Crystal Reports for custom reporting
- Robust Oracle back end database
- Has the ability to run as a Citrix Server published application
- Handles multi-plant configuration scenarios
- Web and RF based modules for some computing functionality on mobile and scanner devices
- Helpful and responsive customer service and tech support
- Decent built-in and online help documentation
- Online, instructor-led training classes available for most modules

Cons: - Installation and configuration of database server, client machines and various other components is a bit complicated and can be very tricky if upgrading hardware or software versions
- Have encountered occasional flaws/bugs or shortcomings in functionality within some modules (may be addressed in more recent versions)
- Barcode label printing is cumbersome and difficult to configure and maintain across multiple remote locations
- No public API or developer license to make customizations to database schema or application modules
- Customer service / tech support not available 24/7
- Client applications not Windows 64 bit compatible

• Reviewed on 27/05/2010
Danielle O.
Packaging & Containers, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2020

"Delmiaworks Review"

Comments: Wonderful.

Pros: The flow and ease of using it. I feel it's very user friendly and easy to navigate through it.

Cons: The Accounting Bank Reconciliation. The worst!

• Reviewed on 29/12/2020
Kevin E.
Director of IS/Supply Chain
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2017

"On time project implementation, great on-going support"

Pros: We installed the EnterpriseIQ software in 2013 with a Go-Live in 9 months. The implementation was on time and on budget. We then spent 2014 taking advantage of the initial software modules. In 2015 we purchased the RealTime Production and Process Monitoring hardware and software which was implemented over the next few months. We now have the ability to capture cycles, record scrap and monitor processing parameters as they occur while the press is running.

Cons: IQMS has experienced a lot of growth these past few years so we have dealt with a lot of different people from our account representative, to EDI support, to helpline support personnel. With this growth the knowledge of the products and responsiveness has declined.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2017
Linda S.
Office Manager/IQ Support
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2010

"IQMS at iMARK Molding"

Comments: If we had to start all over again - we would once again choose IQMS over any other MRP software. We have had our own medical device customers review our software and systems - and ask if they could purchase the software for their own internal use even if not a plastic manufacturer.

Pros: IQMS runs our plant - over the course of 20+ years we have had most modules of IQMS implemented. We could not perform our jobs without it. Because IQMS was initially designed for the plastic industry, there are inherent characteristics that make it the perfect fit. Their support teams are excellent no matter what problems we encounter. I have not found any other software or vendor that matches their service.

Cons: The cost has obvious impact on most decisions - but without a doubt - when we were first building our plant and investing in new equipment from office furniture, to infrastructure(chillers, compressors), to molding machines, the investment in the software was significant but was worth it to start out with from the beginning(even when we had no customers). The tough part now - is to make sure we are fully using all aspects of the software. My 3 star rating on implementation and 4 on ease of use, only reflects the fact that it requires a huge commitment to understand the many ways IQMS can be implemented. The commitment must come from everyone - who typically are very busy already with their regular job. It's complicated because the manufacturing process and assembly process is complicated. Also the technical knowledge required to learn/teach requires computer knowledge and industry knowledge. But once learned - it can be very powerful and something a company can't live without.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2010
Norm F.
Plastics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"One enterprise system captures and controls all disciplines ensuring world class execution in operations."

Comments: The software if very adaptable to almost any business. The real-time monitoring provides instant visibility to what is going on in operations. As we continue to improve our business new reports can be created to get after the devil in the details.

Pros: Ability to customize reports to show dashboards providing important visibility to department managers. Ease of providing data for proof of compliance for external auditors and customers. Real-time monitoring showing if we are winning or losing at a click.

Cons: Updates: Love/hate... As the updates take place providing important improvements there are also changes that disrupt the way processes were handled previously. Change is sometimes difficult.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Win W.
IT Manager
Sporting Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2019

"NoLimitz windsurfing masts manufactured with IQMS ERP software"

Comments: We are better capturing data that can be used for costing items that we manufacture, as well as better defining and controlling engineering specifications and processes used for each item including engineering change orders.

Pros: This software is scalable. No matter how much or how quickly our company grows, we know that the software can scale with that growth. Yet despite that capacity, we were able to get started for considerably less cost than with SAP.

Cons: Tracking part serial numbers through production seems a bit cumbersome for a small to mid-sized firm.

William N.
Director, Special Projects

"IQMS review"

Comments: Solutions. Our legacy system was excel. So moving from excel to EIQ is a GIANT step but once everyone is onboard and executing properly, it is easy to see and understand the benefits it brings. My belief is to get ' a single source of truth' and EIQ provides us with that opportunity.

Pros: It is a complete package. EIQ has the basic functionality to satisfy general requirements for most manufacturing companies. Once you understand the layout, design, and functionality of a module, the other modules become intuitive as they all look similar.

Cons: The multi language (french) is very poorly done. It is an expensive addition that is difficult to use at the same time as the english version as updates are not done at the same time.

David V.
Vice President
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2010

"IQ. Small company personal service, pricing and a product better than most giants."

Comments: Superb. We spent over three years looking for a ERP system that would balance manufacturing and finance requirements and be able to cope with all the challenges related to injection moulding. We chose IQ and after six years of use have not regretted that decision once.

Pros: Truly a fully integrated system that allows users with the minimum amount of training to become proficient in a very short time. The ability to jump between modules without exiting the system is lean and effective. A visible and effective tool that is tailor made to cope with all the quirks of Injection Moulding in a highly competitive environment. Users have all the information they need at their fingertips. True Real Time data direct from the shop floor in a format that is quick to review and act on. Instant and post production reporting with clear and precise data. Document control that is simple and easy to manage yet still compliant to quality standards. Its a living constantly improving system. Management encourage users to give feedback, provide the means to do so and listen to the voice of the customer. Tech support. Basically when you need it, extremely professional and at a level beyond most major software companies.

Cons: Like other systems Its only as good as the data entered. The reporting structure is Crystal Report Based. If you do not have in-house Crystal help IQMS will provide support but it is charged separately.

Upgrades and enhancements to improve the system also cause minor disruptions.

• Reviewed on 25/08/2010
Kevin E.
Corporate Director of IT/IS

"Easy to use software"

Comments: We installed the base functionality and within two years installed Realime Process Monitoring which allowed us to eliminate a separate process monitoring software. We now have visibility of the plant floor throughout the organization.

Pros: The software is easy to use with the ability to jump to other modules within each screen. Upgrades are straight-forward and can be accomplished with in-house staff.

Cons: Releases tend to have a lot of bugs that may prevent upgrading. Be careful to test upgrades before applying to your live environment.

Marie H.
System Analyst
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"Working with the EDI department at IQMS makes my job much easier"

Pros: I like that once you purchase a trading partner and template all updates to that transaction are included. There is very little turnover in this department so I'm usually able to work with the person who originally developed my templates. I also like that they ALWAYS answer the phone.

Cons: The only con that I can really think of is when I am trying to resolve an issue that involves the VAN. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what software needs to be updated. IQMS now offers VAN service which we are exploring.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
George W.
Director of Information Technology
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2017

"The best ERP package I have seen to date! We utilize IQMS in every aspect of our production."

Comments: Increased production efficiency, increased quality, great finite scheduling, reduced inventory, and integrated EDI.

Pros: Full featured, comprehensive, and complete ERP package. Using IQMS we were able to increase our production efficiency, reduce inventory, improve quality, and provide meaningful metrics for decision making. Integrated EDI makes this a well rounded solution for all automotive suppliers.

Cons: No complaints what so ever! IQMS is a very stable package with excellent support. Keep up the fantastic work IQMS!

• Reviewed on 13/09/2017
Juan H.
IT MANAGER
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2010

"From Idea to IQMS"

Comments: At Monoflo International, Inc, we searched for a replacement to our aging and static ERP system. We wanted something scalable, powerful, dynamic and productive. We were looking for a solid solution backed by industry standard components that would help us achieve manufacturing supremacy in our market. IQMS, along with our superior quality product base and forward-thinking staff, helped us achieve that goal.

Pros: Integrated modules for single vendor / single source complete ERP implementation - IQMS provides all of the ocmponent we needed to get our manufacturing facility in sync. Reltime Manufacturing Metrics - The Realtime components of the system allow for immediate and preemptive actions to maintain high manufacturing standards and sustainable quality. Customization Options - The flexibility of the system allows for customized solutions to be developed for additional processes. The integration team at IQMS takes the time to listen to the needs of the customer to develop the right solutions. User Driven Development - IQMS values input and ideas from their userbase. That is a key component in any new development of IQMS.

Cons: Confusind Version Numbers - Version numbers on the software can be a bit confusing and maybe even misleading. Implementation Can Be Cumbersome - Our implementation was not as streamlined as we would have wanted it to be. At times we were misled as to some of the functionality only to find out it required additional components whichw ere not readily available.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2010
Daniel S.
COO
Packaging & Containers, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2019

"IQMS CUSTOMER REVIEW"

Comments: Has really streamlined a lot of our processes that were not with our other software.

Pros: It is very logical and easy to use and helped streamline processes that were manual before.

Cons: Takes time to learn but every new system does.

• Reviewed on 03/07/2019
Gary J.
Information Technology
Plastics, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2017

"I have experienced many ERP Systems software over the years, IQMS is one of the best I have used."

Comments: A full ERP Suite of modules to operate the business for an end to end software solution.

Pros: Ability to highly customize System Parameters, Modules, and Reports in order to meet/exceed departmental goals and needs, Oracle Database, Crystal Reports, intuitive interface and flow throughout the system.

Cons: As with any highly configurable system, it's takes time to learn for proficiency. System users must be committed and spend the necessary time to learn their modules.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2017
Denise H.
Human Resource Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2016

"Custom Engineered Parts Manufacturer Competes in USA Thanks to IQMS"

Pros: Our ability to accurately tie project planning, track costs, manage part quality data, gauge calibration, customer inventory, shipping management, and document control together. We are a complex engineered aluminum parts manufacturer that does not fit the mold of a typical manufacturer. IQMS has allowed us to better control the uniqueness of our custom part manufacturing.

Cons: There are a couple modules that we would like to add to our IQMS software for better integration of data, namely the Human Resource, Training, and Preventive Maintenance Modules, however they are not yet robust enough to replace our existing software. We knew this when we purchased IQMS, so there was no expectation at the time of implementation.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2016
Dawn B.
Vice President of Finance
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2012

"IQ ERP Review"

Comments: IQ is an excellent system. I would recommend it to any Injection molder or any customer who is looking for a solid ERP system.

Pros: IQ is an excellent ERP system. We are a custom plastic injection molder and the system has so many features that benefit our industry.
The system is feature rich and meets the majority of our needs. We are extensively using Inventory Control, BOM's, Time and Attendance, RT Machine Monitoring, Scheduling and the accounting functions. We have recently implemented Project Manager to track our tooling projects.
With the Quality Documents feature and the Documents features in all of the modules, we have begun the process of going "paperless." Documents are now available to everyone at the click of a mouse instead of searching in a myriad of files.
We are very happy with IQ. The support has been great. We have definitely seen a vast improvement in our planning and scheduling capabilities.

Cons: Scheduling can be a little challenging. The system assumes that you will run all presses all the time. This can cause some confusion and this is why we do not auto-load the schedule. But, the schedule has helped us. In the past, it would take us four hours every morning just to schedule the next twenty-four hours out. Now, everything is on the screen and we can see at a glance where we need to make changes.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2012
Kevin K.
Quality/IT Director
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"We couldn't run our business without it."

Pros: The software modules are seamlessly integrated. There is a robust set of modules to select from based upon the needs of your company. The support people are knowledgeable and very friendly. IQMS wants us to succeed.

Cons: The software releases tend to be buggy. Even after slowing their release process down and increasing regression testing there are still a lot of defects in their early releases.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2017
Scott G.
Director of IT
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2020

"Strong Manufacturing Floor Integration for Injection Molders"

Pros: Real Time Monitor of Work Centers Visual Display of Current Operational Status

Cons: Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Uniquely setup with each customer. Should have standard packages for common EDI end customers (Ex: FCA) available as needed including labels and reports. These end customers have well defined requirements that are the same for everyone.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2020