• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About Apptivo

A powerful online CRM system to manage sales & marketing activities for your business. Integrated, highly configurable, easy to use.

Learn more about Apptivo

Joe M.
pres
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2018

"Software is great. There a handle of very basic things that have need to be addressed."

Comments: Able to create a customized template that works for my company

Pros: How customizable it is. It feels like it's my personal software specifically designed for my company's needs. And all the different app you have.

Cons: There are very basic things that have never been addressed. For example, the Company Name field in google contacts does not sync with Apptivo. So if I put a company name in the google contact nothing comes over to apptivo. Also, you can't schedule a reoccuring event on the calendar, why? I come across silly stuff like this all the time.

by Apptivo on 12/12/2018

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

John M.
Chief Marketing Officer
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"A fantastic affordable CRM that competes with much larger systems"

Comments: I have an affordable CRM where I can track my customers key details and most importantly I can invoice them and track their payments. Gives me a lotntrol over my customer base.

Pros: The quality of its invoicing package. So easy to setup chargeable items and the professional looking output is amazing.

Cons: Clunky to input customer and contact details. Need to enter both on different screens and then go back and link them.

by Apptivo on 12/12/2018

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Ricardo G.
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2018

"Best service we started with when starting our company. very intuitive."

Comments: total control over my business contacts, and invoicing system.

Pros: Ease of use and the cost is minimal compared to the features you are getting in the package. Invoicing feature is excellent as well.

Cons: A little slow when for example creating an invoice and sending to customer. The actual customer, business relationship is confusing when adding contacts and companies.

Pat R.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2019

"Support was great. Thanks executive."

Comments: CRM and invoicing. Both great.

Pros: Features are great. Have used for a number of years.

Cons: Hard to know where all settings are located.

by Apptivo on 20/06/2019

Hello Pat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is very glad that you're happy with our support and the features we offer. We are so thankful to have customers like you, who have been using our solution for years. We will collect your feedback and notify our teams accordingly. Again, thank you so much!

• Reviewed on 02/05/2019
Ravi G.
Biotechnology, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2018

"Customer management can be made better by using Apptivo."

Pros: All the features come at a specific fixed price. This application can be especially favorable to startups. Contact information, emails etc are arranged in a very neat order and can be easily used without any trouble. The support team at Apptivo is very helpful. They try to solve every issue put forward as quickly as possible. The application also shows efficiency in tracking clients and also deals with payments effectively. Since it is cloud-based, it can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons: The customization options are minimal. Also, there is trouble caused by bugs, due to which the software slows down in the long run. Many times, there is a need to add information on the existing data more than once, as it failed to get saved initially.

• Reviewed on 05/08/2018
Jennifer J.
Licensed Insurance Agent
Insurance Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2018

"Awesome way to house my clients."

Comments: I am able to add customers to the database and then go back in and update their charts from any location that I am at. I love it.

Pros: What I like most about Apptivo is the calendar for scheduling my clients and how the CRM software makes it easy to navigate to the clients uploaded files.

Cons: I wish that we could eliminate the am hours that shows up on the calendar. I have tried to figure out how to eliminate like 1am to 7 am.

by Apptivo on 12/12/2018

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Managing Director
Financial Services Software
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"Started using Apptivo 3 years ago, Great financial admin tools and smartphone apps are handy as well"

Pros: Cloud based, User friendly and if you require something they will try to add it in. 24/7 live customer support.

Cons: You can do a print out of all payments received if you have many clients (per invoice only), time sheets will only be specified on the invoices if you do it one week at the time.

by Apptivo on 12/12/2018

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! . Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Kevin M.
Sales Manager
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2020

"Great Product"

Comments: Shows great promise and will be able to make sales staff more efficent.

Pros: Ease of set up and use. Easy to import data and set up templates.

Cons: A bit confusing setting up email when you use office365 but was able to work thru it.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2020
Carol M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2020

"The search is over"

Comments: I have my contacts in one place and can keep a record of my communications, notes, organise my time and put my events, follow throughs and tasks on one screen. I can colour code my events and activities so seeing what I'm doing at a glance. I can get reminders for events/ appointments etc .
I'm setting it up so that it is like having a PA

Pros: I have been searching for an affordable relational database also known as a CRM for at least a couple of years when I had a 1:1 demonstration.T I was immediately won over by the simplicity of the functionalities. It's really user friendly; easy to import data, and add fresh data. I especially like that I can customise the start up screen and menus opening up to the calender and tasks for the day. Then there is the syncing to g suite so now my calendar and mails are actioned in apptivo. My business is small at the moment but as I develop more I can add more features. Especially great feature is the online support chat, answering my queries as I customise the software.

Cons: Honestly haven't found any yet , have upgraded to the premium version to access more features .

• Reviewed on 01/02/2020
Ankit A.
Director / Owner
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2015

"Almost there!"

Comments: Great product. Some of the must have features for our business are still a work in progress, but once they are available - I'd jump on this product. Things we need are pretty minor, but hope they get the attention it needs: - Need timesheets to require a customer input. Currently timesheets can be created without a customer and that creates problems, since approved timesheets cannot be edited or deleted.
- Need to be able to enter timesheet involving multiple customers/projects in the same period. Currently, users have to enter multiple timesheets for the same period if they worked on different customers
- Our timesheet periods are set to weekly, and our week begins on a Monday. But it doesn't force the users to have a Mon-Sun period. They are able to submit time that begins in the middle of the week (Thu-Wed).
- Once the above timesheet changes are implemented, would also like to see a user being limited to one timesheet per period. Don't want duplicate timesheets unnecessarily, specially since they cannot be deleted once approved
- For a service oriented business, we need to be able to track an employee's time such that it gives us cost, as well as earnings, so profitability (and payroll calculations) become easier.
- When each employee signs up, they have to go add each app that they have been given access to. This adds a lot of training and onboarding overhead to us. We'd like to be able to add apps to employees' accounts at an admin level, so they just have to log in and start using the apps
- Similar to the last point above, we would also like to be able to control the look/feel of each of our employees' accounts. We've setup the color schemes to match the company brandings, but they don't reflect in our employees' logins.
Other than these missing features, it's a great product! The customer support is exceptional. I've never seen such a dedicated support staff who is available to answer questions and help you get started so quickly.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2015
Nelson B.
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2020

"Customer support"

Comments: Mixed. But fairly straight forward. I am the admin and a brand new user so sometimes difficult to understand what has to be done.

Pros: The 24/7 help is useful. Talking is more useful to me than links but it works ok

Cons: Difficult to talk to someone to explain issue

• Reviewed on 03/09/2020
Bill S.
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2018

"We recently started to use it. So far, so good"

Pros: Can access all areas of our business - Sales, Projects, Tasks etc. I like the ability to create Project Templates

Cons: We have to create Custom Lists for common views like Opportunities > Open> Sorted by close date. A pretty common KPI. We then have to export it just to view it on a weekly basis for staff meeting. A few steps to get standard data. Same with Open Projects, sorted by Due Date

• Reviewed on 03/05/2018
Laura A.
Comm. & Mktg.
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2020

"Nice Platform - Resolved Internal Issues with Availability of Data"

Comments: My project manager has been fantastic to work with and very diligent to resolve any questions or issues related to the implementation process and user experience. We had hoped to use the quoting feature, and may implement this in the future once our sales team sees the proven success of its usage.

Pros: I like the ordering of the contacts to follow the leads process, the campaigns, and employees modules

Cons: I would like for there to be more standard campaign templates that are more like Constant Contact's standard templates

• Reviewed on 05/08/2020
Regional Sales Manager Americas - Redax Spa/Maclin Power, Inc
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"I have been using Apptivo for 5 years now. Very good overall!"

Comments: Integration, control over my process, paper reduction, information available always, on the go, basic reporting, personalization and company branding, professional presentation of my company, cost control,

Pros: Simple
It is growing in terms of features
It allows managing a complete end-to-end company
Invoicing App is very simple and powerful.
Mobile app works fine

Cons: Sometimes it is slow
Some Apps are very basic
Documentation is very simple, basically the screenshots
Personalization could be complex

Louise K.
Commercial Director
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2020

"Flexible CRM system and supportive team"

Comments: Great, really supportive in providing tutorials whilst trying out
Really supporting in on ongoing support and resolving issued - the chat function is great
Jasper - who I dealt with from start to finish has always been willing and able to support

Pros: Easy to use and intuitive. A challenger to the larger CRM's for sure

Cons: Main dashboards could have some more flexibility.
Overall branding options could be improved.
The news feed could have more formatting options

• Reviewed on 13/05/2020
Torey H.
office manager
Renewables & Environment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"A great do-all software"

Comments: We have a serious need for workflow organization at our company. We still have a lot to go as far as set-up of every section, but once we are done it will make our company a well-oiled machine.

Pros: This software is a great price with an amazing amount of features. It is completely customize-able for any industry and fairly easy to use.

Cons: The set up is time consuming and tedious. Most things are fairly intuitive, but there is quite a bit that you really need to dig into. And although the fact that it is customize-able is good -- it takes A LOT of time and energy to really get into it and make it function properly. BUT the good news is that the Apptivo chat function is always available and easy to use. The staff are incredibly helpful and patient, and I have never had a bad experience using it (and I've used it a lot)! They have been here every step of the way during set up and been a necessary asset.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2020
Dorcas R.
Business Development Manger
Machinery, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2020

"Technical Help"

Comments: We started to use Apptivo for tracking of leads. Now we have moved into using it for a full CRM for leads and customers. Also using it for quotes / estimates, which they helped us to customize. We are just now starting to use the marketing features. We are very happy with the program and support.

Pros: Ease of use and the support staff that helps in time of need. The Chat Team, Customer Service Team, Technical Team are all top notch. They are quick to help with day to day topics. They are also great at helping us to cusomize the program to help our companies growing needs. We couldn't be happier and glad we switched to Apptivo.

Cons: Being an administrator is all new to me, so I have had to do a lot of learning. The team has always supplied me with great short videos to help. When I don't get it and need more help they have been right there. The only feature we would like to see that they don't currently have is mapping our clients and leads for our sales team.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2020
Anil J.
Sales Operations Manager
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2018

"It literally saved my hours and hours of precious time!"

Pros: It helps to manage customer relationship, campaigns, billing, and invoices. This is helpful to manage payment and tax department very smoothly which is important for any business. It further helps to organize the calendar for all business activities and keep a record of all the important contact details. Document management is another key feature. All the important documents related to the business can be kept safely in a virtual location. It caters to widespread businesses like the travel industry, retail, and wholesale industry etc.. All important activities of a business can be interlinked with the help of this application. We can enhance our productivity with this effective management application.

Cons: When we started, our time zones were just IST and when employees from another part of the world started to sign up to the CRM, we faced a lot of problems to set autoresponders at the correct time. The time and date format don't change according to the location.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2018
I.T. & Marketing Manager
Import & Export, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2020

"Great CRM solution for small business"

Comments: I think it's really easy to setup and use for less technical people, great for freelancers, small businesses and mom and pop shops who don't need or want data driven CRM systems. If you have a single person who can juggle multiple aspects of customer service it's cost effective or a small team it's worth it.

Pros: When my client asked me to look into a customer management solution to start to transition away from paper and Excel sheet based documents, I looked into several options including Salesforce. The price was good and comparable to Salesforce but I think many small businesses, your mom and pop shops don't really want or need more in depth data analytics. I think that's where Apptivo is better and easier to use for small business who aren't as data driven.

Cons: What I didn't really like is that for roughly the same annual price per single licence compared to Salesforce was in Apptivo limits the account to a single user. If you have more than one person who handles customer service, marketing, invoicing etc, the cost is a lot more.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2020
Rob G.
Next Level Achievement Coach
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2018

"Best Bang for the buck on the market! Adaptability and ease of use with scalability!"

Comments: Functionality and accurate data collection that was flexible to meet my needs! Hands down the best solution on the market for the price point!

Pros: Ease of USE and layout modifications! The layout is so easy and adaptable to collect the information simply from other users. Databases are only as good as the information you put into them. Apptivo makes it so SIMPLE getting the info in and thus making it powerful!

Cons: Very few, because it is cloud-based they are constantly adding customization features and options and sometimes the functional icons show up in the Customization Settings of the Administrator and there is no documentation for the new functionality as of yet. I would much rather have this problem than them not update the customization functionality though. This database is unbelievably scalable and constantly improving!

Lloyd P.
VP Sales
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"Apptivo for Sales Forecasting"

Comments: We are software start up and needed a CRM to manage Leads, Contacts, Opportunities and track project implementation. Apptivo does all this. And if it does not do exactly what you want OOTB, Kamala and her team will customise it for you. The implementation support and customisation folks were easy to work with and understood our requirements. I was very impressed at the level of engagement and enthusiasm to get Apptivo customised to how we needed it to be.

Pros: Apptivo is very easy to use, and integrates seamlessly to other apps. The ability to customise to suit our specific needs was a big plus in our purchasing decision. I have used a few of the other CRM solutions, and find Apptivo one of the best CRMs for sales forecasting and pipeline management.

Cons: Would be good to Click on the name and the Opportunity or Contact would open up. But to view an Opportunity or Contact, you have to move the mouse to the right hand side and click on the 3 Dots (Actions). I find this a little annoying.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2020
Lucious G.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2020

"Here's What You Need to Know"

Comments: Fulfilling

Pros: Do not be decieved by Apptivo's simple interface. It is POWERFUL. Imagine having Sales Force, Mailchimp, Quickbooks all combined into one application that works on all types of devices. That is what apptivo is. I like the fact that there is an app for everything within the Apptivo app itself, and all those apps are free! I like that when i'm customsing and i spot an issue, i click the help button and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] or another support team come online in literally 12 seconds and tell me how to solve the problem. I like the fact that i'm paying just 20 dollars for this instead of 120 dollars per user for sales force. I like the fact that i can customise invoices, set up email templates, set up triggers so whenever i create a type of customer a special type of email is sent from a special address. If i keep going on, i won't stop

Cons: I really can't think of anything. Maybe i do not really like when i cant find a feature, but when i report it, 10 days later i get an email that feature was added. So they solved that problem

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2020
Shannon M.
Maritime, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Learning and loving"

Comments: The more I learn, the more I love it!

Pros: I love the automation and how easy it is to communicate with our customers and internal team.

Cons: I'm still learning, and although all companies vary in their work flows, I would love to see a more of a road map, as to how apps should relate to one another. Being able to convert an estimate into a quote from the click of a button is great, and the notifications of "who's up next" is great. I guess I just need more time to figure it all out on our end. I know the potential is there, it's a very intuitive product.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
Paul N.
Principal
Financial Services Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"CRM Solution"

Comments: All CRM's require Users to learn their navigation, terminology and how functions are executed. Unlike other CRM's I have tested, the Support Team at Apptivo has been both diligent and effective in resolving a few technical glitches with my onboarding process. Apptivo provides me with a reliable CRM platform and functions on which I can run my business. 24x7 access to an effective and professional Support Team is a valuable resource that ensures I spend more time with my clients than suffering from IT issues.

Pros: Apptivo provides a portfolio of critical functions for companies to manage different aspects of their business. Unlike some others, the Apptivo functions/Apps are well integrated. This provides a strong foundation for reliable and accurate information to manage your business.

Cons: Apptivo doesn't yet integrate with Zoom.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Don L.
Chief Revenue Officer
Machinery, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2021

"Apptivo is THE Best CRM Software System Available!!"

Comments: Outstanding! This is the fourth CRM implementation that I have administered in my career and it was by far the simplest and smoothest process with the greatest customization and functionality! After going through the selection process and reviewing all of the "top CRM Solutions" in great depth, I chose Apptivo and I am super glad that I did! Apptivo keeps the system simple to use, which is a must for sales reps, and provides the customization required. The other "top CRM Solutions" have forgotten what salespeople are REALLy looking for in their CRM tool and as a result, made their system more cumbersome for the user. Not Apptivo, they are deploying their system in the right way and there is no extra charge for excellent customer service! The Apptivo team closely manages my account and QUICKLY addresses any items that I want to change. This has been an excellent rollout!

Pros: Ease of use and customization is awesome! They have kept the system simple while implementing a number of dynamic and intuitive functions. The customer service is EXCELLENT! Most CRM companies just want to sell a boxed product and forget about the user. Apptivo takes the time to identify what the user truly is trying to accomplish and then customizing the software to precisely meet the users' requirements.

Cons: NONE! There are no cons with Apptivo! The system is EXCELLENT!

• Reviewed on 18/06/2021