15 years helping Emirati businesses

About Trello

A visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective for your team on any project in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.

Learn more about Trello

Pros:

Trello is extremely intuitive, fast, and beautiful. It has some of the best UI I have ever had the pleasure of using.

Cons:

The task management system is bad and when the project gets to an operational phase, the performance of the team suffers.

Trello ratings

4.5
4.3
4.3
4.5

8.5/10

Trello has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 23,180 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Trello before?

Filter reviews (23,180)

Shelby
Shelby
Customer Support Representative and Junior Developer in Canada
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Best Project Management Software!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It's honestly hard to think of cons; I am extremely satisfied with this software. However, one issue I’ve encountered is the inability to post images solely in the comments—any image posted also gets added to the attachments. For my needs, I want images in comments to remain separate from those in attachments to avoid confusion and disorganization. If users had the option to keep images exclusive to the comment section, this software would be truly perfect.

Pros:

If you're not using Trello for task management, you should be. It's the best software out there for this purpose, incredibly easy to learn and master—I got the hang of it in just 5-15 minutes. Trello's ability to create unlimited lists to customize our workplace pipeline is invaluable. I can update my boss on task progress with a couple of clicks, and she instantly gets notified and provides feedback. I constantly use labels and checklists to track smaller details, ensuring we both fully understand the current status of tasks. My co-workers also use it, making it easy to check project statuses without having to ask them directly. This software has truly transformed the way I work, and I can't imagine going back to a time before Trello.

Cons:

It's honestly hard to think of cons, I am just extremely satisfied with this software. Although one I can think of is the inability to post images in just the comments, if you post an image, it will be added to the attachments as well. For my use case, I want images in the comments and images I add to the attachments to be separate as it can get a bit unorganized and confusing. If they let users have the option to keep an image exclusive to the comment section then the software would be truly perfect.

Ben
Creative Manager in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

Simplicity wins

4.0 last month New

Comments: Very positive and does exactly what it says on the tin.

Pros:

Came from Asana, needed something simpler for small projects that mainly just involve moving tasks from one swim lane to another as they're in progress/complete. The power of Trello is the simplicity.

Cons:

I don't like the default look - it could do with some more spacing. Purely cosmetic though.

Ashley
Editor in US
Music, 2–10 Employees

Great Project Management Cloud Sofware Beset with Issues

3.0 last month New

Comments: Trello is easy to onboard new people and set up organization boards in the Kanban style for keeping track of projects as they progress through a workflow. However, many of the basic features that used to be free have moved behind a paywall that is prohibitively expensive for small teams of less than five people. We paid for a two-person setup, but random features reserved for paid users would occasionally stop working. One time we could not user stickers on the face of cards. Another, the drag and drop functionality between cards stopped on the browser. Also, the email-to-board functionality is really limited compared to competitors.

Pros:

* Easy to onboard new people * Easy to set up workflow and multiple boards * Lots of customization if you pay for premium seats * Automation makes board management less tedious

Cons:

* $10 per user price is prohibitively expensive for small teams * The email to board experience is not as robust as competitors * Features randomly stop working with no communication

Marit
Marit
CEO in Netherlands
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

It's simple, easy to use and 'good enough' for most things

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Great for project management for small teams

Pros:

The basic kanban-style board fits most projects and situations. The card-layout makes it very well-organized and all of my team-members quickly got the hang of it.

Cons:

To acces the most useful functions (power-ups) you need to upgrade. You don't have a lot of options for team-member roles or permissions. They can basically do everything within your board and that makes it messy sometimes. The design is a bit dated and not very aesthetic, it doesn't have that professional look some other task management software does have.

Ashley
Owner in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

Trello is the perfect tool for soloprenuers

5.0 last week New

Pros:

I love how easy Trello is to set up and how visually appealing the boards are. It’s super intuitive and the templates make it easy for you to figure out how to set your boards up in a way that works for you.

Cons:

I wish Trello had more features, similar to its competitors such as a dashboard. Currently, it seems like Trello won’t work if you are in a scaling up phase for your business and hiring multiple people.

Tanisha
Owner in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Trello Management

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love how you can collaborate with your team, and have a workspace.

Cons:

So far, none are on the list that I have for Cons. This is one of the best options.

Mary
HR Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Trello is a Lifesaver!

4.0 last month New

Comments: In HR, our processes are extensive. With multiple people touching the same onboarding, termination, promotion, driver qualification, FMLA case, workers' compensation case, etc., Trello has become a critical part of our daily lives as it allows us to stay organized and see, in real time, who completed which tasks, and when. We essentially use our Trello checklists like "cheat sheets" for many of our processes.

Pros:

The cards, templates, and checklists are definitely my favorite features in Trello. Our team can stay organized and see, in real-time, which tasks are outstanding and which user they are assigned to. We can also organize different card types into categories. Our dashboard shows us, at a glance, what projects we're working on. For example, if we have a new hire, they will have their own Trello checklist with a set of steps that apply to all new hires. If a step doesn't apply to them, we can delete it without affecting the main template card, which includes all possible steps for a new hire.

Cons:

There are only two things I can think of that would make Trello even better. (1) The ability to add line breaks to steps would make them easier to read. (2) The ability to make mass edits to multiple cards at once (i.e., verbiage updates for a step) would save me a lot of time.

Archana
RPG Developer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Most valueable member of a Team

5.0 last week New

Comments: Trello is a simple-looking but powerful tool that offers great service. Its customer services are also appreciable. If anyone wants a strong but simple tool to complete their projects, Trello is the best choice for them. It will boost up your productivity and make your work done so easily.

Pros:

Trello offers custom background. I found it more fun to use in my cards. Customization background as I make my card more convenient and look interesting and attractive to others. I love this feature and makes my work more visually appealing.

Cons:

As a user, I face challenges while exporting files from Trello. It becomes more challenging while exporting files in a structured format. It is so annoying as it takes quiet an effort and kills valuable time. They should take a look at it.

Francesco
Francesco
Project manager in Switzerland
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

If you are agile .. use trello

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very very usefull to use in parallel with others for example
Jira. With trello you can organyze better daily micro tasking that you don’t wanna share with management. A sort of to di list

Pros:

Easy to use. Not so expensive . Lean and all in one tool for agile projects

Cons:

Not for waterfall projects. Not for corporate use

James
James
Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great simple to use tool for task tracking

5.0 last month New

Comments: Good tool, meets my needs. For single team projects, v good

Pros:

A great tool for task tracking and simpler, single team projects. Easy to set up and use.

Cons:

Not as easy to enforce good practice as in Jira.

Handel
Handel
Videographer in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Incredibly useful task planner

Comments: Overall since implementing, the entire team has grown in efficiency of task planning. We are getting more accomplished with this program. We are all very happy with its use despite the drawbacks listed.

Pros:

The "card" system is innovative and highly efficient. The ability to see all your tasks allows you to prioritize and organize what to accomplish. Overall runs smoothly with a very clean user interface. It is easy to use and requires little to no training. Tasks can be assigned to multiple people, and can be checked off as "completed" by whomever - making tracking and rewards a breeze. The calendar plugin is very helpful. The use of plugins is incredibly useful as well.

Cons:

There are several lacking features. There is no ability to set a time-stamp on a project, (how long it will take) outside of using the calendar feature. You cannot assign an approximate time to complete a project. Also there is no messaging function, only "comments". This is very limiting. Also, there is no way to divide cards and tasks under a single person. A single person will only have all their tasks in a big pool, color labels help but do not break it up making it easy to read. When a card is archived, who knows where it goes, it vanishes really. no ability to delete cards.

Khaled
Khaled
Business Development Manager in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

From team-management to project organization!

Comments: This software has allowed us to manage internal projects, work with consultants and external hires / outsourcing, hold team members accountable for goals, timelines, and long-term KPI's. It gives the freedom to managers to micro and/or macro-manage depending on their style.

Pros:

Trello is one of those tools that is perfect for all user levels. For those just starting out, it's easy to organize anything in your life, from wedding planning, to family budgeting, to project management to research organization. For power users, you get the advantage of a plethora of tools and shortcuts that make project management a breeze.

Cons:

Sometimes the platform is a little slow when jumping back and forth between different boards... but honestly it's nothing prohibitive. It may also be the shear number of boards, lists, and tickets that our team has using the free tier.

Zee
Zee
Digital Operations Manager in Ukraine
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Perfect for Small Team Project Management

Comments: I love it! :) It's one of the best project management tools for projects that require flexibility and I really enjoy working with Trello.

Pros:

- Trello is extremely user-friendly. I have been using it for many years (over 6) and I love the direction the company's going. - I love products that have a good design. Trello is one of those, where you can easily customize the look and feel, add labels (including those with color-blind people! very thoughtful!), and cute Taco the dog stickers. - You can create as many boards with as many columns as you need and share them with different people. Currently, I have 3 major projects from absolutely different industries and require different workflows, but all that could easily be set up in Trello within a few minutes. - You can attach documents to the tasks, link files, create checklists, tag fellow teammates, etc. - there is a multitude of useful features - and that's only in the FREE version! The Premium version has even more functionality (but I haven't used it :)

Cons:

Having worked with two Atlassian's products - JIRA and Trello, I miss the JIRA's sprints (perhaps that's available in the premium version of Trello, but, as I said above, I haven't used it.) That way, it's easy to create reports for the management when you have a completed sprint and the few tasks that are moved further along. It's also easier to plan the work ahead with sprints. Oh well.

Kayla
Kayla
Podcast host in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for Podcast Production!

Comments: I have used Trello for both blog writing and podcasting and have found it absolutely perfect for tracking the progress of a podcast episode. It's great!

Pros:

Trello allows us to easily track the progress of each podcast episode, from idea phase to scheduling interviews to publishing and sharing on social media. We can easily move an episode's card throughout the production process to ensure we stay on track. LOVE IT!

Cons:

Sometimes things go out of order - for example, we may schedule a guest before writing an outline - and then we don't have an easy way to reflect that in the column structure. It's worth it anyway, though!

Eero
CEO in UK
Consumer Electronics, 2–10 Employees

Excellent project management software, but also so much more!

Comments: We use Trello for planning, project tracking, task allocation and tracking, order management, brainstorming, goal-setting... it is a versatile software I am usually recommending to everyone who needs something like this. In fact, many people I know are now loyal Trello users.

Pros:

Trello can be used for countless different purposes. Often I start thinking about how to achieve this or that or what software to use, and almost always I turn to Trello and use it - and it works.

Cons:

There are few limitations when it comes to tools, but they are minor and getting less and less of a problem as time passes. I have tried almost every other similar software, but none of them have matched this one.

Whit
Senior Director of Marketing and Communications in US
Higher Education Software, 51–200 Employees

A good task manager for small teams

Comments: I use Trello to manage the tasks of my part time workers, especially as we are working remotely. I am able to set up projects for the via cards and add any resource material they might need.

Pros:

I can use this to manage the task of several workers at the same time. Each of my employees have a board and I am able to add tasks to the board directly from my email. In that way, I am able to take things off of my to-do list because I know that the task is captured somewhere else and the job will be completed.

Cons:

I often have a difficult time building out a project in a way that makes sense to me. We use this much less for large project and much more for smaller individual tasks. I also wish there was a easier way of styling the cards. I have attempted to use the Trello code in the cards but unless you use them frequently, you have to relearn them all over each time.

Ahmad Farhad
Cheif Marketing Officer in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Bring Discipline into your Business!

Comments: I love Trello, it's an amazing product. I can use Trello for my personal goals and business goals with great and nice tasks management. This product has been helping my for 2 years to plan and execute my goals. Thank you for this wonderful product!

Pros:

Trello has a great user interface and is useful for project management. I easy can plan several projects, pin tasks, track the progress of work, manage the team's work, and meet my deadlines in a very easy way.

Cons:

I don't feel like missing any feature or tool while using Trello, but I love to see new features in Trello soon.

Jeremy
3D Environment Artist in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Trello is Simple and Great

Comments: I have used Jira on teams of 1 to 30 and find it is a great solution for many different projects. I've also used other project management solutions and find that unless your project really needs built-in SCRUM features or other more nitty-gritty project management solutions Trello is a great package and is always my go-to to start-off a project (and often use to completion!)

Pros:

Trello is the go-to software for teams looking to utilize a "lite" package. Although it doesn't have all of the scrum capabilities of Atlasian's other software, like Jira, it packs its own punch in a compact and easy to use package.

Cons:

As mentioned previously, some more built-in features for individual task progress tracking would be great. Other cons or missing features are made-up for in Atlasian's other software Jira.

Fernando
Fernando
Games Director in Spain
Entertainment, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Jack-of-All-Trades for Task Management

Comments: I juggle between three different tools to organize myself:
1. MyLifeOrganized (https://www.mylifeorganized.net): A pure task manager where I can list tasks and subtasks, prioritise, add dates, and mark them as completed.
2. Trello: A visual board where I can see how my tasks flow, and add details to each tasks (text, attachments, images, comments).
3. OneNote (https://products.office.com/en-us/onenote/digital-note-taking-app): A note-taking app, where I can write longer texts, add any attachment, include video or audio directly from the app into my notes and reorganize them easily.
Whenever I need to write longer specifications, or archive something for future reference, OneNote is my tool of choice. If I am purely working on my own with standalone or unrelated tasks, MLO is the easiest tool for me, quicker and with lots of intelligent reminders. When I need to focus on a project - a lot of related tasks - and/or share these tasks with someone else - i.e. working within a team - Trello shines brightly for me.

Pros:

* Ease of use: Creating tasks, editing and moving them is VERY easy and quick. * The shortcuts are intelligently chosen, and help working faster. * Thanks to all the functionalities within each card, Trello adapts very well to very different working styles: I can choose to create a checklist (so I simulate a tasks with subtasks), add attachments, labels, comments, etc. * Very nice experience when working with a team: syncs seamlessly and fast, I can see things as they happen in the actions feed and react if I want to, we can have whole conversations within a card, and have them for reference... * Something I specially love is the fact that I can copy an image (something I do a lot, capturing images with screenshot tools and the like) and paste it directly into a card. Trello understands that and displays the image as a comment.

Cons:

* I don't like the board management screens. I find hard sometimes to find the boards I want. * I guess there is a reason for not allowing me to delete cards, rather than archiving them, but I still feel that I would like to be able to delete them.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

My business literally depends on Trello

Comments: I use multiple Trello boards to organise various parts of my business but one of the best things is that I have leads for my clients come in to Trello boards via email, direct from my landing page. I can have different labels automatically attached to a certain lead depending on the landing page so I know what landing page the lead was from. I can trigger my client's notification on his phone and he instantly knows he has a lead, so he can call them within minutes (or seconds even) of them filling out the form. This is a better system for lead gen than anything I have seen - and it doubles as a CRM! I probably shouldn't be telling you this actually... exposing secret gems here! As well as labels I can attach various custom stickers so I can see information about that card at a glance. Trello is maybe the backbone of my business, keeping me organised. On some boards I have all the tasks I need to do all mapped out and keeping me on top of things, on other boards I have data organised in such a way that I can see things at a glance that I would never pick up by looking at a spreadsheet of the same data. I organise both my private life and my business on Trello, and I use the Trello app on my phone just about as much as I check my email on my phone.

Pros:

I like the way it incorporates with other things via Powerups. I use Trello Butler all the time (both the bot and the powerup) to automate just about everything I do on Trello (love those dashcards especially!). I integrate it with Zapier to parse leads on my Trello board and keep track of what happens on Google Sheets. I use a wide variety of custom fields (and I use them with Butler to do some real magic) I also really like how I can attach an image and it shows on the card, some of my boards have images on every card.

Cons:

Its a small thing, but I have some very personal boards that I use for my private life and some business boards for my business - I can't really show people my business boards without risking them seeing my personal boards on the menu. It'd be nice to be able to hide them away in a conspicuous folder so I can comfortably show Trello on the projector without exposing my private life.

Ishanka
Ishanka
Chinese Project Specialist in Sri Lanka
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

My favorite, simple and easy to use task management tool on the Internet

Comments: The ease of use and layout makes this great for smaller projects, but also holds the platform back from fulfilling the needs of bigger operations. With my experience with Trello, I think it is a must-have tool for freelancers, small companies and new startups.

Pros:

Trello is a project management software that allows teams to collaborate on a project. This platform is commonly used by software development teams, small startups, and entrepreneurs who are working together with a team to create a product of sorts. It allows for easy communication, updates on tasks, and the general oversight of a project. Through my experiences of working with the software platform, here are some of the pros and cons I have found to be true of this platform. Ease of Use - I was shocked to see older professors in a college setting using this platform, but thanks to the simplicity, almost anyone who is semi-tech savvy can easily navigate and figure out the basics of Trello. Device Accessibility - Typically, when you are on the go, you don't always have time to be working off of your laptop. With Trello, it is easy to manage boards, lists, and cards from a mobile or tablet device. Notifications - It is easy to stay up to date with any project as users are sent notifications through the mobile and web app platforms. Layout - The way the task, cards, and list are set up allows for one to quickly understand the status of the project and access details needed in specific areas of the project.

Cons:

Limited Storage - In the freemium model, the most each file attachment can be in size is 10 MB. This can be problematic if the team needs to view a PDF, video, or slide deck presentation that you are trying to add to the board. This can easily be resolved by a user posting a link on Trello of a google drive file, but the creation of that google drive file may come as an inconvenience. Commenting - As progress is made, you may want to edit a comment made previously to avoid confusion among team members. Trello does not allow for editing comments, which can come as a hassle. Instead, you must write a new comment.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Our goto brainstorm tool

Comments: One of those tools to have in the toolbox -- just for reasons might not expect -- the cards make it super flexible, the lack of spreadsheet mode make it hard to justify paying for it -- some highly recommended plugins are trellists, multiselect for trello, list layouts, and butler, which solve some of those problems.

Pros:

Trello is absolutely great for quickly capturing thoughts and doing light organization of lists; the integration support is especially extensive. We also find it helpful as an internal wiki. Trello shines best as task manager when you have someone as a PM who doesn't mind being in it all time, and who has time allocated to build up the automations for everyone. Among the more amazing integrations is with Pipedrive which permits contact lookup -- wish more CRMs had same. Probably the best unique use of Trello, especially relative to other tools, is our ability to prototype with it -- treat boards as separate screens, items as actions, and so forth -- we mocked up an entire freight load board, a texting platform, and several other tools. Alternatively publishing a public product roadmap is another good use.

Cons:

Lack of quick edit spreadsheet mode, even as plugin -- the primary reason Trello has never been our heavy lifter on task management -- the keyboard shortcuts aren't intuitive or standard -- couple that with having to manually enter every task and it's just clunky compared to tools such as Monday.com.

Souhil
Souhil
Entrepreneur in Algeria
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

Best List Making Application to Boost your Productivity and Save Time for Personal & Business use.

Comments: Trello will be always my first choice, and I guess It's one of the Best List Making applications right now with amazing features and Integrations also, I love it when the Trello team is improving it always for us as users and when they give us new tips and tricks.
I have been using it for almost 10 months now and I never had big problems with it and that's why I keep using it daily for my projects, work, and plans. And I had a lot of success getting things done fast and I saved a lot of time because of Trello and I will always recommend it to my friends and family members.

Pros:

It's a very helpful tool and I'm able to increase my productivity and track my work, plans, projects daily. I really like it because they have a Free plan without paying anything and no credit card needed too. It's one of the best tools right now to get things done and save time and do your "To-Do List" fast. I can Invite my Virtual Assistant and create a team to help me get things done and they can follow all the tasks without any problem because the simple Boards, Cards, Lists are very organized. I can create any number of cards I want, and I can create custom buttons that appear right on the back of every card. I can schedule my work and handle my tasks to save time and to stay organized all the time. I can change the board Background to any picture I like, for example, motivation background for more productivity. I can favorite my boards to find them very easy, and I can search any board if I want in the search box. In addition, I can see any closed boards and check them again one by one if I want. I like also, the Automation Tips and how you can Turn your Trello boards into an automation machine with a few clicks by creating simple rules. I can add some fun stuff to my Boards by adding some cool and funny Stickers and they offer the option to add some custom stickers too and I can add a Template for easy use. Trello Support team is one of the best and they reply fast. also, inside the Trello website, you can find a lot of tips and step by step guide with examples too.

Cons:

Sometimes It's very hard to see some cards because the Boards get bigger and bigger and they can add for example Horizontal pages, for example, page1/page2/page3...etc They can add a better option to communicate between team members like live chat or other messaging options in Boards. I don't like the "More from Atlassian" section in Trello because It's like they are promoting some tools and for me I don't really need them. They can add more Templates to their Templates section. When I allow desktop notifications sometimes, I don't get them in time, and sometimes I don't get them at all. They can add more Types to the "Team Type" section in Invite > create team. They can add more apps to Trello app Integrations, not just the popular apps on the internet. I can't change the size of the stickers in the cards, and they don't have a lot of stickers.

Mariam
Mariam
Sales Manager in Georgia
Banking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

How to become much more efficient at work

Comments: I even don't know where to start, and how I use it exactly, to convey the influence of Trello on my life. But I will try. But I will try. I have several companies I operate and several fresh ideas that happen to me at least weekly. These thoughts must go someplace. They ended up in other locations before Trello, such as Samsung Notes. But it was not organized enough to properly handle everything and produce an order, much less than Trello. My thoughts were restless all over the place. I used Trello more and more in the last year, and I have developed a lot on my primary board (for my office).

Pros:

The best option for groups! Easy mobility, simple plan, better than similar apps like Skype, Teams, Asana, Slack, Facebook Workplace, and others. Schedules can be used. The maximum size of connections without business class is 10 MB. - Without business class, all of the coworkers are administrators, which means that anybody may erase a board or someone else. I don't have a private informing highlight for myself. It wouldn't be too bad. It's really beneficial in terms of project management for executives. I liked that you could set cutoff timeframes and choose which cards/tasks to arrange and accomplish within the specified time frame. Whatever the case may be, all things being equal, I adore it!

Cons:

Trello is a great tool, but it's restricted in terms of the projects it can manage. Trello is ideal for little tasks, but not for large ones. For example, in our firm, we would utilize the app to purchase a helicopter part from another country and then handle the freight and shipping until it was delivered. Due to the restricted storage space, attachments such as mp4 movies and other big media files cannot be posted. We occasionally want to upload movies to Trello to provide a clearer image to the Managers who will be viewing it, however this is a problem when the storage space available is restricted.

Cristian
Cristian
Marketing specialist in Argentina
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Great service of Trello

Comments: My overall experience using Trello has been mostly positive. While it is true that it has some areas of opportunity, I consider that its benefits far outweigh those limitations. It allowed multiple work teams and projects to be organized in a clear and simple way. In addition, its intuitive operation meant that both colleagues and clients quickly adapted to the tool. Thanks to Trello we optimize development times, improve communication and progress monitoring. It is definitely an excellent agile management solution for medium and short-term initiatives

Pros:

What I liked most about Trello was its very intuitive and easy-to-use interface. It allows you to organize projects in a very visual way by dividing them into lists and cards, making it easy to distribute tasks and track progress. I also appreciated its ability to share boards with multiple users, this greatly facilitates collaborative work between teams. Another feature that I took advantage of a lot were the notifications, since this way I was able to stay up to date with changes and updates in different projects quickly

Cons:

What I enjoyed least about Trello were some limitations on attachment storage and maximum card size. In some projects I needed to include documents or images to complement the tasks, but only a maximum of 5 files are allowed per item, which was sometimes insufficient. Likewise, the space available per card to describe complex activities seemed a little tight to me. However, these are small disadvantages compared to the great utility that the platform offers in general