Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About SendGrid

Twilio SendGrid is the leading cloud-based email delivery platform, trusted by over 80,000 of the world's fastest-growing brands.

Learn more about SendGrid

Pedro G.
ICT manager
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2020

"The worst customer support ever"

Comments: I had sendgrid free, then I upgraded to the basic. After the shared IP has been blocked many times due to spam, I decided to go to a dedicated IP address. $89/month (really expensive for the service). I send around 500 emails/day for my learners. The server wasn't sending it, it was sending only 100 emails. as it had a limit of requests. I tried to contact their support service and it was terrible, no help at all. Then, I added some of my IPs to the whitelist, unfortunately I had to change my home IP and I got blocked from sendgrid, after over 2 weeks trying to access it and adding IP, they haven't helped me or given me a proper reply. Not only I could not send emails, I cant access my account, neither I can cancel.
I had ti sign up with Amazon SES, and now my life is great!
Terrible support, the worst so far, cant even cancel and get a refund =/

Pros: Free trial
easy api integration
cheap and good user interface

Cons: terrible support
expensive
hard to talk to someone

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2020
Eddie L.
Eddie L.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2021

"E-mail Marketing optimized for Professionals"

Comments: SendGrid is a tool made for those looking for industrial strength e-mail marketing. If you have a small list and want a free tool where you have many templates and can drag and drop designs, MailChimp is the right tool. However, if you are sending millions of e-mails and want to use code and highly technical attributes with tens of thousands of users in your e-mail list you pretty much have to abandon MailChimp and SendGrid is the best tool in the space

Pros: The code editor and how everything is optimized for coding allows for truly beautiful e-mail marketing campaigns. SendGrid can accommodate beautiful e-mail templates that were created in HTML/CSS, you just have to know how to code for it to be useful for you.

Cons: They do not have a way to graphically edit particularly easily like with MailChimp. To make a good looking e-mail marketing campaign you must know how to code, there are not a lot of templates provided for you to edit or drag and drop. It was not intended as a tool if you would like to drag and drop. On the upside this got us to learn how to code better.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2021
Jase W.
Product
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2021

"A full suite of rich marketing power."

Comments: We send thousands of 2-factor authentication emails out monthly with Sengrid and hundreds of marketing emails out each month. The flexibility in passing large volume of email data to a sending partner allowed us to focus on developing the areas we needed and leaving email marketing to Sendgrid.

Pros: Sendgrid have a full published API allowing for easy integration into any system you build. They have some super helpful guides online to get started and a whole host of customisable settings to ensure the product works for you.

Cons: The 30 day reporting period is quite limited and I wish this was closer to 90 days or longer.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2021
Olivier jm M.
Olivier jm M.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2021

"A good way to send and manage your emails via an API"

Comments: The overall usage was really smooth and it is a product I would chose to use again If I am to integrate emails in any app.

Pros: Easy to integrate with different types of backend, I tried it in nodejs and ruby and it just worked. one of its nice feature is the email builder that allows you to drag and drop as you customize the reusable email templates, this boots productivity by much. I would highly recommend this to non coders as an easy implementation.

Cons: Most things are well documented but somethings are missing like receiving external emails via sendgrid webhooks wasn't clearly documented so we had to go around it.
another issue was not being able to properly filter all outgoing emails in sendgrid dashboard.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2021
Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2020

"An affordable choice for transactional emails with one flaw"

Comments: Overall, the experience was solid. Price and customer service were great. Unfortunately, the spam and email block issue was a deal breaker.

Pros: The pricing is great. Easy to use API with lots of documentations. Their user interface is straightforward. The customer service has always been pretty quick to get back to me. It's a popular service with a lot of integrations available.

Cons: I was a happy user of Sendgrid for a long time, but emails sent with the service always went to the spam folder for Microsoft email services (Outlook, Hotmail, MSN). This could never seem to get resolved, even with a dedicated IP that they offered. Then recently, Microsoft started blocking the emails. I found out this was because a spammer had used their service and got the shared IP blacklisted. They were unable to help me resolve it swiftly, so I had to leave the service, because we have a lot of people who use Microsoft email services.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2020
Mohammad iqbal K.
Mohammad iqbal K.
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2021

"Send Grid - Review"

Comments: I am benefiting by using Send Grid for sending email alerts to the users of our applications via email for their preferred choices of information. The overall experience with Send Grid is great in technicalities and features however seeks improvement in response time by customer services.

Pros: A free plan is the most attractive thing they offer. Their free plan is for life long tenure. It is easy to integrate the Send Grid with almost any software. It offers a choice to integrate using their API or connect through SMTP. Their dashboard and reports are very detailed.

Cons: It seeks improvement in multiple areas like customer services, business intelligence and error messages. There user interface also confuses sometime.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2021
Daniel K.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"HORRIBLE customer support"

Comments: I was a happy customer until July 2020, when suddenly my account was locked "for compliance reasons". I am not a spammer, I only used Sendgrid to relay email to my customers (who want all the email I relay to them). When I was locked, and then summarily terminated, I had no recourse. I provided lots of evidence that I was not a spammer, but the compliance team did not speak with me at all. Customer support took 25 DAYS to respond to my initial ticket, then cut me off 6 days later (no warnings, no recourse, just shut down). What is worse is that my customers discovered that every email they had that had a link in it, had the link rewritten to be a Sendgrid redirect URL. And since they terminated my account, this meant that my customers could not click on those links any more, and their emails were being held hostage. I tried for 2 weeks to get in touch with them (trouble tickets, emails, and phone calls) and never got a reply to anything. This is a TERRIBLE company to do business with.

Pros: It was easy to set up, and worked perfectly until it didn't; then, customer support was non-existent.

Cons: Customer support does not answer emails. Compliance team does not speak with me, I could not determine what I had done wrong. They simply left me in the lurch, and held my email hostage.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2021

"Sendgrid - send mail easily"

Comments: Overall I would say their service has been super reliable and mail delivery has been great.

Pros: SendGrid provide simple APIs to integrate with provide multiple programming language support for this. The service can scale and you get price reductions as you go up the tiers. There is also a legacy SMTP server option if you need to integrate older systems.

Cons: Until you reach the Pro plan you only have 3 days of logs available. This can be problematic when trying to troubleshoot issues and can sometimes force you onto a higher tier than you really need.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2021
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2020

"A good fit for our startup"

Comments: Overall, it is a great email API service that boosted our business and helped us to gain traction

Pros: We liked the fact that we could start with a free tier and when we grew and knew we had a good business transform our account to a PRO plan

Cons: 1. The BI capabilities could be much improved.
2. Sometimes there are weird errors, like if you have duplicates in the TO field.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2020
Ramindu D.
Ramindu D.
Software Technical Lead
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Integrate serverless email functionality in to your applications, fast."

Comments: SendGrid enabled my team to build in email sending capabilities in to our applications within a very short period of time through a very simple API integration.

Pros: SendGrid provides the ability to configure and set up a programmatic email service with your applications through the integration of a simple RESTful web service API. It is super easy to set up and manage, and also provides comprehensive reporting on how each email was sent and processed. It allows you to bypass the conventional arduous process of setting up your own mail server.

Cons: I encountered some downtime and unsent emails when working with SendGrid, but more recently these problems seem to have been fixed effectively.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Warren T.
Warren T.
Web Developer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2020

"Send Grid Is Best For Email"

Pros: Send Grid not only helps route emails though my site but it is very compatible with WordPress and is very reliable when getting my emails to send out to clients.

Cons: There have been a few times I have had to reconfigure my Send Grid Plugin to my site. I feel like there is a disconnect between the servers IP and the response from my WordPress site.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2020
Harimohan S.
Harimohan S.
Technical Consultant
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"SendGrid - Easy configuration, Budgeted plans"

Comments: Overall experience with SendGrid was good and fulfill our requirement for what we are searching.

Pros: SendGrid app is a great tool for any organization for their emailing solution in terms of marketing and transactional emails. SendGrid is very easy in configuration as minimum need for support documents. you can manage lots of things like white listing of domains and support IDs, email templates, reporting etc. Tech support is always available. there are multiple budgetary plan you can choose according to your requirement.

Cons: Improvement is always better than the things running as usual. so reporting system could have been better.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Senior Product Manager
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2018

"SendGrid makes emailing and associated analytics easy"

Comments: Our Enterprise application needed the ability to send emails to customers and partners and track their delivery/ response and action taken from the email. SendGrid allowed us to roll this out fast, cheap and frictionless

Pros: The SendGrid software and AP make it very easy to provide email functionality within applications. Whether you are using it's API s or the web interface it is a breeze. The free tier is good enough to get started without any costs. I loved the software so much that I even started using it for sending New Year greetings

Cons: None. Absolutely love this software and it's ease of use

• Reviewed on 15/09/2018
Rizwan H.
IT Manager
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Good Service, Bad Support"

Comments: We are using SendGrid to send out confirmation emails from our website, as well as newsletters. The service works as expected, they have a lot of FAQ's that will answer majority of your questions.

Pros: The functionality of the software is great, sending through SMTP or API calls are quick. Very reliable tool to use for sending mass emails.

Cons: Not a fan of their support. There is no number to call, cannot contact support without logging in, which is an issue when they lock out your account.
Their support teams takes too long to contact you, and they are bad at following up.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Ebrahim F.
Ebrahim F.
C# Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 02/01/2019

"Reliable email sending with tracking capabilities"

Comments: SendGrid is always reliable as ell as accurate. From the free version to the paid, the quality is always 100%.

Pros: I like that you are able to see exactly when a mail was sent and delivered and in some case when it was read as well. It makes tracking so easy. I have had a number of cases where clients requested proof that an email was sent to them and SendGrid never failed to ensure that the needed proof was avalable.

Cons: Sometimes navigation is a bit of an issue. The menu structure takes a bit getting used to, but I wouldnt change it though.

• Reviewed on 02/01/2019
Joe C.
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Excellent Service"

Comments: Overall, SendGrid has been a good partner for us and I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros: SendGrid is very easy to integrate into existing systems and their API is top notch. The service performs very well and we have not had any issues in this regard. The service has also been very stable with issues very few and far between.

Cons: It is a little on the expensive side. Some of the features are a little limiting in certain circumstances, e.g. batch sends with subusers. The web UI can be a little clunky at times.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2019
Dan vincent T.
Dan vincent T.
Fullstack Web developer
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2019

"Sendgrid Review"

Comments: Overall it is very helpful and you can really used the free plan for small applications that involves more or less 10k emails per month. thats good enough for me given its stability and consistency.

Pros: One of the things i like most in sendgrid is the 99% no bounce rate. it has easy-to-integrate sdk for developers like me using several languages like nodeJS and python or php. In the web app, the representation of your entire activities and transactions are well presented nicely. and you will found out the very little times the email wasn't delivered. You can create your own email template in their for you not to code it upon integration, you will just need to provide the exact fields you are requiring. also one of the fastest delivery time in email. also in the past 3 years i think i subscribed a free plan which has 25,000 emails/month.

Cons: Just an improvement which is to make 100% no bounce rate in email sending. and maybe an email notification whenever email bounces.
Also the free plan currently has a lesser free emails per month compare before.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2019
Alberto S.
Alberto S.
Marketing Consultant
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2020

"Reliable email delivery"

Comments: It's a good service. Nice documents. Nice GUI. I do recommend SendGrid.

Pros: It works. They give you a lot of flexibility and a good API. I believe the offer the most user-friendly email delivery solution for developers.

Cons: It's not cheap. The basic account gives you a lot and cost about $15 USD per month. They even offer a small package for free. But if you are expecting a private IP and 100,000 or more emails sent per month, prepare to spend at least $100 USD monthly.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2020
Ingmar P.
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2019

"Annoying billing problems every month"

Comments: Sending 100K emails each month to our customers.

Pros: Delivers your emails. Almost always to inbox, sometimes to spam box.

Cons: Sendgrid is not able to retry billing. If one billing attempt files, then angry message is sent and then you need to have access to computer with whitelisted IP to click “update payment details” or else billing will not happen and service is stopped. Paypal is not possible. This is most annoying and I do not suggest sendgrid to anyone. Cannot trust or suggest service like that.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2019
Blake T.
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2019

"Used to be great but new API is both non functional and not supported at all"

Comments: Currently we are extremely frustrated and disappointed with both the support and the product itself. I would leave tomorrow if we could.

Pros: Originally it gave us full visibility into our emails and helped us get much better tracking on who was receiving what and when. Important to know emails had been delivered as we deal with large numbers of payslips and emails for our clients.

Cons: Recently there's been a change with their new API which has been nothing short of woeful. We've had multiple clients either having emails not sent (where did they go?) or sending emails twice because they are getting incorrect feedback that the email hasn't been sent. (delivery report being wrong). This has been for invoices and payslips which are highly sensitive information to be missing or duplicated. It's made us look like fools repeatedly and our clients are furious. Sendgrid literally has one function which is to send emails and it's failing to do that accurately. The response for help in these scenarios has been non-existent at best and negligent at worst despite having been a client for over a year. We haven't had a response to urgent requests for over 4 days and our clients are furious.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2019
Ernest H.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2020

"Sendgrid emails do not get spammed."

Comments: Integration of sendgrid into applications is not hard. Add the keys I the right places, and its up and running.

Pros: Sending transactional and notification emails that will not get filtered or shipped out into the spam folder by most email clients. Sendgrid dashboard has analytics info to monitor delivered, clicks, opens.

Cons: Nothing here really. Everything about Sendgrid is smooth and works just fine. Emails are usually delivered in time

• Reviewed on 12/10/2020
Sales Manager
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2021

"Send mass emails without trouble"

Comments: We use SendGrid to send mass emails and to integrate their SMTP with our application so it is available to send emails from our domain. In the beginning there were some hiccups, but support helped us solve it a timely manner. Once it was all correctly set up, it is just working!

Pros: SendGrid allows us to send personalized mass marketing emails to our large database without trouble. Email campaigns can be send using drag&drop email builder which is very easy to use and provides a lot of features and is a good point for starters. However, what I really like is their API integration with a lot of other software. Developers can create API keys for SMTP email sending from their application and it is relatively easy to integrate it because all major programming languages are supported out of the box.

Cons: I had some troubles with verifying domain email for sending but one support ticket resolved it in a very short period of time. Also had troubles with sending emails from IP addresses that were on email spam/blacklist. However, that can be mitigated by upgrading to a more pricier plan.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2021
Jason S.
web manager and information architect
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"Great ESP with SMTP support"

Pros: easy to set up, white label url, and get emails sending through API and marketing campaigns. Fast delivery and general reporting.

Cons: The pricing could be more granular for marketing campaigns. The cost per email address is not always relevant especially if you have a segment that you rarely send to. Campaign tracking pixels would be nice to add to website to have a simple CRM system in send grid campaigns.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Bryan M.
Bryan M.
Product Director
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2019

"Our Choice for Transactional Email in Webapps"

Pros: When we build a webapp, one of the first things we integrate is SendGrid. It is reliable and easy to setup. We have no reason to choose any other solution.

Cons: Only negative thing I can think of, is that I feel like we tend to be late to learn about new features in SendGrid. Maybe the team could do a better job at communicating updates through more mediums.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Mohammed S.
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"The best in business"

Pros: I like how simple and easy to track the email activity. It gives me an outlook, and in-detail view.
It does a lot more than that, but this is what is relevant to my role.
Also, it has a whole community to track everything new in e-marketing.

Cons: Nothing I'm aware of, but maybe they don't have a phone app. Sometimes I need to know the stats of one email, but it's only possible by day.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018