Filter Results (308)
Table of Contents
What is SMS marketing software?
SMS marketing (or text marketing) software is a bulk text message sharing tool. It allows businesses to send SMSs to customers, in addition to helping them create and maintain contact lists, schedule message delivery, analyze response rates, and generate reports.
Whether you are an eCommerce business that needs to send order delivery messages or a bank that wants to send transaction updates to customers, you need this software to handle all your business engagements.
The benefits of SMS marketing software
SMS marketing is one of the least expensive marketing techniques that have mass reachability. Some of the primary benefits it offers benefits are listed below:
- High open rates: About 23 billion text messages are sent each day, of which 97% are opened. In comparison, only 20% of emails are opened. This figure proves that an SMS is seen by the customer in almost all instances, which assures businesses that their message will be delivered to the audience.
- Faster delivery, better adoption rates: Unlike emails or social media, text messages can be delivered to all types of mobile phones, whether it’s a pager or the latest smartphone. In short, marketers can leverage the fact that all mobile phones have texting capabilities.
- Traceable outcomes: Unlike traditional advertising, SMS marketing can be tracked. The software gives businesses an instant view of campaign performance regarding SMSs sent, opened, read, and answered. This helps marketers evaluate customer engagement at various stages of the campaign, so that they can improvise as and when needed.
Typical features of SMS marketing software
- Mass texting: Send messages in bulk to a large audience in a single go.
- Contact management: Create a centralized repository to store contact details, such as name, address, and phone number, in an organized, searchable manner.
- Scheduled messaging: Set a specific time to broadcast messages to individuals or to entire contact lists.
- Reporting/Analytics: Determine and report the performance of the SMS marketing campaign based on KPIs such as messages delivered, read, and answered.
- Mobile keywords: Add unique identifying keywords in the text message to let readers perform certain actions during the campaign. For instance, “START” or “STOP” to continue receiving messages.
Considerations when purchasing SMS marketing software
- Scalability: Most text-based messaging service providers offer plans based on the number of messages to be sent in a month. We advise you to evaluate your message volume and choose a plan that best fits your current needs. Keep in mind that the provider you choose should be able to scale-up the solution as your business expands.
- Uptime and reliability: Most carriers have started filtering unnecessary SMSs and blocking spam sources to provide a better customer experience. For your SMS to reach the right audience, get a reliable and reputed SMS service provider or you may end up paying for the service even though your SMSs are blocked by the carriers. Also, ensure that the service provider has a high uptime, so that you can send messages any time.
- Ability to integrate with existing applications: We highly recommend choosing a solution that integrates with your existing systems, such as CRM, for smooth operations. This will prevent repetitive data entry as the integration would sync information across all applications in real time.
Relevant SMS marketing software trends
- AI is the new buzzword: Artificial intelligence (AI) is making its impact in the marketing field as well. It is enabling marketers to analyze their audience’s engagement level and reinvent the scope of communication. From customer responses to the SMSs you send, AI software can suggest better promotions and offers to customers. A large number of marketers believe that AI will revolutionize marketing by 2020.
- SMSs could be used for credential verification: Using SMSs to verify personal details and approve transactions through OTPs and push notification is expected to increase. Until 2018, about 2 trillion SMS were sent globally for verifications and customer support. This shows that multiple industries have started using, and will continue to use, SMS as a trusted mode to verify their customers and users.